Six deadly alien races all suddenly appear on an unoccupied but pristine world an equal distance from each other...

Six deadly alien races all suddenly appear on an unoccupied but pristine world an equal distance from each other. They are not initially aware of each other. Who would win in a winner-takes-all war between:

Borg
Replicators
Slivers
Tyranids
Xenomorphs
Zerg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jw7tDZsRcK8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All except one needs meat to reproduce
>One only need raw metal
>None of the others shoot bullets

I'm gonna have to go with Replicators, OP.

Khorne, or the Omnissiah.
Enough blood, enough machine.

>Tyranids
Is there a hive tendril to back them up? Or just a lone pocket of Tyranid? Does the wrap exist here?

>Zerg
Is there a hive/overmind/kerrigan/Evolution-Dude to back them up? Or just a lone pocket of Zerg?

>Borg
Queen or no queen version? I personally hate the queen, but it makes a difference.

>Slivers
About a billion questions need to be answered concerning colours with the other rests, AND can they just freely channel mana (the few that can)? How does MTG magic and Wrap magic interact?

>Slivers
Which kind of slivers because there are Three different breeds with slightly different abilities. Stolen Phyrexian Slaves, Riptide Project, or Modern-Sleen.

This.

Xenomorphs die first
Then the Zerg
Slivers
Tyranids
Borg
Replicators

>Replicators
All they do is make Picard hot tea. I'm really not seeing the danger here.

>None of the others shoot bullets
Eh. OP isn't talking about overall survival, just who's win the stand off. The Nids take on unreasonably stupid levels of armaments in their own world of which only the borg come close to matching, and there are plenty of Biomass to eat from the other races.

I vote nids to wipe them all out, even to the extent of psionic EMPing the Replicators. Then after winning starving to death with no food on the planet.

>One only need raw metal
Slivers eat meat to grow stronger, they don't need it to live.

>Slivers eat meat to grow stronger, they don't need it to live.

I'm not talking about living, I'm talking about reproducing. How do slivers get more slivers?

See, all the others need some kind of meat or sentient species to reproduce. Replicators just need metal. They find a vein of iron and suddenly THE FLOOR OF YOUR ENTIRE PLANET IS MADE OF REPLICATOR BITS.

>Borg
Don't need the people, just need the metal from the cube, then they'll make their own ship. Borgs cannot into bullets.

>Slivers
I admit, I don't know much about MTG. But I'm think a replicator swarm will eat them.

>Tyranids
Need meat. Replicator Swarm. Cannot into bullets.

>Xenomorphs
It doesn't matter if we're starting with one egg or one full grown warrior, Replicator swarm devours all.

>Zerg
See Tyranid.

In order for this fight to be remotely fair, most of these worlds need at least three million people to eat before the question even gets interesting.

>How do slivers get more slivers?
Oh just by hatching more. They can sustain themselves on food yes to grow stronger, or more commonly just magic sustenance out of the air. The new breed grows half-plant slivers which we can assume act like honey pot ants, but the previous breeds had no need for things having lived to more than a century on nothing at all.

Depending on breed they can magically evolve and adapt to situations and other species. Unlike the Nids they don't need have previously eaten anything to do so, they just do.

If we're just talking slivers in general, they break machines, destroy minds, get freaking huge and powerful, and move so fast their attacks cant properly be seen with the human eye, but only if there's the right slivers in the immediate vicinity.

>But I'm think a replicator swarm will eat them.
Highly unlikely. If the slivers don't win (Which I admit the odds aren't looking good for them), you won't be able to wipe them out. Too much insane shit they can pull off. Heck, if backed into a corner they might just evolve a way to plane-shift and leave.

I'm only seeing four listed.

What if the Slivers have this guy? They'd be unstoppable.

>Tyranids
>Need meat
They can eat the meat, the plants, they can even eat the atmosphere and microscopic life. They don't need meat.

And the zerg eat minerals, though I don't know if it's ever explained what those minerals are, but it's not meat.

I'm sure most factions have their own ways of dealing with it. Sending it to another dimension, mind control, etc.

>plane-shift and leave.
Sliver invasion of ravnica when?

Slivers also have many many ways of protecting themselves.

Many many many ways. Face it, Slivers are an exponential threat.

Even if you get past their defenses you only make them stronger.

And they can just make themselves Massive.

Or fuck your shit up.

warp, not wrap
don't confuse 40k and pale night

Well if they have all their toys then so do the others. Have fun against 3 bajillion Tyranids because their toys are their insane numbers.

Doublestrike+Deathtouch+ a million other keyword abilities. They'll be able to cut through the swarms.

Oh I'm sorry. Couldn't hear you over my 10,000,000 10,000,000/10,000,000 Slivers with haste, vigilance, doublestrike, lifelink, deathtouch, indestructible, shroud, shadow, flanking, flying, trample, menace, Poisonous 1, absorb 1, blood thirst 1, flash, and a bunch of non-keyworded abilities.

Forgot sliver

With no way to spread the single xenomorph queen throws herself into a freezer until an organic being stupid enough takes her off world to spread somewhere far away from all these nasty murder machines. People always want to steal xenomorphs, but never anything else, so they BTFO

Technically that means they lose first, but it guarantees survival

What would those Slivers look like? This is the size of two 10/10's according to MTG.

Look, I like Slivers as much as the next Magic player, but let's be real here: they're babbys first tribal a get shut down pretty easily.

Borg and Slivers are good contenders for "winning" (as if any of them really win in this situation). Both evolve and adapt at a very rapid rate. However, my vote goes to the Xenomorphs and here's why: every time you think you've killed them all, it turns out one of them implanted an egg inside you that you don't completely remember. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I mean, fuck, they really need to stop doing that!

Anyway, regardless who "wins", at the end during the post- credits teaser, a gut- buster explodes out of a Borg/Sliver/Nid chest cavity with obvious Borg/Sliver/Nid adaptations.

>Anyway, regardless who "wins", at the end during the post- credits teaser, a gut- buster explodes out of a Borg/Sliver/Nid chest cavity with obvious Borg/Sliver/Nid adaptations.
And then the Nids absorb this thing and we get cyborg Nids with the adaptability of Slivers and the parasitic ability of Xenomorphs. The universe loses.

Specifically Tyranids need the basic chemical elements that make up organic life, carbon, oxygen and hydrogen predominately.

Terran's basic handheld weapons fire bursts of finger-sized depleted uranium spikes at mach 7. Regular zerglings eat that shit for breakfast.

Zerg wins. No one else can touch them.

The Zerg does not have enough ammo.

We have various sources that say Necrons and inorganic lifeforms will continue to exist in the galaxy after the Tyranid are done with it.

Also we have Necron Tyranid exterminators saying that Necrons avoid Necrons unless provoked or attacked, which makes it hard to draw Tyranids into battle unless a bait is used in the form of biomass rich worlds. What was also said that the Necron metal bodies are not fodder for for Hive Fleets.

Ergo, you are lying.

Tyranids avoid Necrons*

Also, you can only kill one Borg that way. Unless you kill all of them at once they adapt immunity to whatever you use to kill them.

Yeah, every one loses when the SliverNidBorgMorphs swarm the universe killing, adapting, evolving and assimilating everything. Eventually everything in the entire universe is part of the Hive- Collective and shares one universal consciousness.

Replicators, since they can survive on nano level, and invade foreign bodies.

Nanobots win.
youtu.be/Jw7tDZsRcK8

Eh, if you go by cutscenes instead of gameplay they take a burst of 4-5 rounds and go down. But this is damage coming from gauss rifles that shoot railway spikes at supersonic speeds, none of the other groups mentioned here's 'basic' unit could handle that either.

Except maybe Slivers with a bunch of different special Slivers in the hive.

.... Or perhaps, just maybe, Necrodermis being a super spooky regenerating space metal isn't something the Tyranids want to eat cause it doesn't have anything useful?

>Is there a hive tendril to back them up? Or just a lone pocket of Tyranid?
Inconsequential, see: Anphelion project.
>Specifically Tyranids need the basic chemical elements that make up organic life, carbon, oxygen and hydrogen predominately.
Again, see: Anphelion project. Gamma Anphelion IV was flush with life but it was all ammonium based, humans required oxygenated habitats to survive and the place was found completely barren after it fell.
This all doesn't matter, victory probably goes to the borg/replicators since they operate entirely differently from the rest

Tyranids have bacterial-sized units, which have been proven to do battle with ork-spores. The Ork spores are drawn to such conflicts and flock to the microscopic engagements.

Don't have much on Slivers or Replicators, can anyone gimme any info on them?

Also whats the starting size of each group? Tyranid gaunts escaping from a facility returned with a week accompanied by bio titans...

Sorry to bother the M:tG player, but isn't there a card that changes all creatures of one type to be creatures of another type? I'm fairly certain I've seen that used in conjunction with zombies or something. With the right "deck" the slivers could just turn one entire faction to their side.

>you can only kill one borg that way

Not true, theres been times where phasers have killed several before they adapted and their shields have NEVER been shown to deflect physical attacks. Its why Species 8472 was kicking their ass HARD and you can always punch a born

There are two: conspiracy, and xenograft. There are also cards with changling, which means they have every creature type.

>Slivers
All slivers effect all other slivers, and are effected by all other slivers. Each Additional Sliver makes Every Other Sliver stronger.

Individually they are overpriced for their relative power, however, if permitted to reproduce or grow they snowball into an unavoidable avalanche of excessive power. As a individual though, most are on par with one human soldier or a grizzly bear.

>Replicators

Little metal crab robots from the Stargete universe. They eat any metal they come in contact with to make more little metal crab robots. As a point of reference: spaceships are usually made out of metal. Stargate is usually on a spaceship of some kind. They also reproduce far faster than anyone else on this list, possibly bar tyranids.

Individually about a big of a threat as a rogue groundhog. A significant number of them, however, is an apocalyptic scenario, which will destroy the ship / crew / all life on whatever planet they are on. Replicators only have one "form", metal-crab, but it's super efficient and does everything it needs to.

---

Basically, if we're looking at threat per square foot: xenomorphs are the greatest threat to replicators, with their metal-melting blood and all. Slivers are the greatest threat to Borg, since all they have to do is evolve a "immune to Borg nanites" effect to instantly flip all captured units back to their side.

I'm not sure about the rest, but tyranids will probably tear the zerg apart for being shitty rip-offs.

Zerg are more like kroot than nids at this point

Im betting on tyranids then. However it depends on how much each force starts with, with a significantly large army/ start, slivers and Replicators sound like they can be a pretty big deal

Depends on too many factors.

If the planet doesn't have Vespene Gas, Zerg are at a disadvantage. They can still eat minerals and make lings, lords, and queens. Plus defensive structures.

Zerg can probably get troops out fastest. However, that only helps if you're aware of the enemy. Zerg will probably be first to find out because scouting is SOP.

Dunno if that can get them the victory or not, I don't know enough about the other teams. But it's called a Zerg Rush for a reason.

>it's called a Zerg Rush for a reason.
Because starcraft is one of the most popular rts' and tabletop games didn't have as large a pop culture presence as video games due to the latter spoonfeeding you auditory and visual information rather than relying on the user.

>. Replicators only have one "form", metal-crab, but it's super efficient and does everything it needs to.
Well, that's completely wrong, even if we go by just milky way replicators

I don't know nearly enough about the lore of all of these races to contribute anything to this conversation other than what if they all combined into one super hive mind assimilating abomination?

They probably combine with each faction thinking they're the one in control of the entire mass.

But which race could outfuck the others? Like, literally?

I think we need some sort of proper estimate to what quantities we're dealing with. Cuz I think a shit ton of tyranids would win but if it's smaller numbers than the xenomorphs could be power houses

How would 6 entities be physically placed equal distance form each other?

Drop pods, teleporters...

'Nids would probably win, just due to possible Bio-Titans popping up and causing mayhem. Nid infestations grow FAST. The rest... not so much.

orks win

>Entire race made to evoke the concept of rape

Hmm, I dunno.

It's like 8:30 and I'm bad at thinking this late at night but is it even possible to have each entity be the same distance from every other entity? After you get past 4 how do you have group 5, be the same distance from group 1-4, as group 1 is from groups 2-5, and group 2 etc. etc.?

>implying the chemical elements for life on Earth are the same on all planets
>implying Tyranids aren't capable of creating organisms from any combination of elements that they consume

Tyranids avoid Necrons because they aren't capable of assimilating/consuming the living metal that they and all their equipment is made of. What? You think Tyranids don't eat inorganic material? What do you think happens to all the tanks and buildings and left over weapons and armor after the Tyranids have wiped out the resistance? It's all melted and broken down at its most basic level into a primordial soup that the ships suck up.

For whatever reason, they just can't do that to the living metal. Who fucking knows why.

There's also the fact that Necron weapons break down enemies at the atomic level, vaporize them into nothingness, or convert them into energy. Any Tyranid killed by a Necron is a Tyranid body they can't recover, even if they do win. Furthermore, most Necron Tomb Worlds are lifeless. So when you consider they can't consume their enemies, they can't consume their dead, and they can't consume much of the Tomb Worlds, there's really no reason for a Tyranid Hive Fleet to go after Necrons.

This was thread long ago.

Replicators are broken as fuck and I'm not even counting the bullshit human form ones.

Unless the other races pull an ARC thingy out of thier asses everyone is dead on the next day tops.

The only reason the Stargate setting didn't implode due to Replicator was due to SG-1 plot armour. The show itself jokes about it

4 enemies along the equator and 2 at the poles of the planet.