Hours Heresy General /hhg/

long dick of the law edition

>READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

word bearers a shit

Second for playing with fully painted armies and no bare resin.

Does anyone remember which sculptor was jacking off about Sanguinius? I want to know what other models he has made.

>played a 3000 point game last week

>forgot my list at home but mostly remembered what I was going to run

>see that my bike + knight list outnumbered my opponents TS, at this point I became somewhat worried that I accidentally brought too many units

>completely table my opponent, start feeling very anxious that I had brought way more army than I should have

>went home, checked my list

>not only did I not bring too many units, I had actually forgotten to bring my scorpius and that I had bought melta bombs for my praetor.

Well I can say for absolute certainty that atrapos are fucking overpowered, Jesus

Hell yeah.

Makes me wonder if we overestimated Thousand Sons. What'd he run? What'd you run? How do the bikes work for you?

>no decals
>"fully painted"
bruh

See, thousand sons are not actually broken, they're costed pretty heavily and have actual drawbacks. I havent seen magnus take the field yet, only a pride list with Ahriman, but i'm tempted to agree with the doomsayers in that Magnus will be broken enough to centralise competitive gameplay. Which doesnt matter to me, since i dont do tournaments.

> no blood
> fully painted
Bruh

>World Eaters
>not splattered in gore
>fully painted

Son. I am disappoint. It's like making Death Guard that don't look like they've been dunked in the septic tank.

I think a lot of the initial panic over Sekhmets was due to thinking that "may choose its powers from the Telekinesis or Pyromancy disciplines" meant they didn't have to roll. But they're the same base price as Justaerin (which surely no one disputes are top-tier after the latest red book) and cheaper to take more than 5. Sekhmets lose -1 WS, Furious Charge, and Implacable Advance but gain force weapons and psychic powers. I still think they're undercosted.

The rest of the army (Magnus excepted) seems like it's costed fine.

Yeah, choosing powers was the really over-the-top thing for sekhmets, now they're merely really good instead of leaving all competition in the dust, which i have no problem with unless someones spamming 40 of them. Blade Cult and their scouts seem fine, sekhmets are great, and their characters are better than generic equivalents simply because they dont pay 75 points on top of being a base praetor and gear.

I remember Angron, from a previous thread because he's one of my favorite Primarch models out so far.

I'm being dense, can anyone explain how bananas can become impossible to hit? I can see how they get it down to 5+ (most marines hit them on 4s, then -1 for the shield) but can't work out how they lower things further.

Are there any pics of what the plastic Chaos Space Marine/Khorne Berserker armour (Anvilus Mark V?) looks like "de-chaosified"? Do you think FW will ever make sets of them like they did for the other marks?
And is there fluff in the modern Horus Heresy books about the pattern of backpacks the Berzerkers have, like there is for the mainstream CSM backpacks?

Its in reference to invisibility, which forces everything to ws1 in CC, so hitting on sixes, i.e. hitting on sevens. So some smug asswipe is probably going to try to bring a shield tribune, a Knight Errant psyker and a full unit of shield Hets to a tournament and claim them unhittable

Ah, gotcha.
>once again, superfriends ruins everything

Not really, its just a case of Invisibility being hilariously broken, once again.

Seems like a waste, since when is a full squad of Hets + Shield Captain going to loose CC anyway?
And that's ignoring the fact that that's ~1300 hundred points

fuark good table m8-e

I still think the deredeo looks like it's doing the robot dance.

Huge 6v6 battle to end 30k campaign has been played. Was quite the battle with 3000 points per person.

Some highlights from my area of the battlefield :
>Despite my veterans shooting it with meltaguns and the laser-destroyer rapiers firing at it, an enemy contemptor survives with a single hullpoint. Only to be blown up by the opponents own deathstorm drop pod next turn. Just as planned.
>One of my Tactical squads is wiped out except for a single marine by the opponents MoS bombardment. This was the squad which I used Alpharius' One Of Many rule on, so that last marine was actually Alpharius.
>Alpharius joins the remains of one of my veteran squads. They charge an enemy tactical squad and wipe it out, losing every veteran but the sergant in the process.
>In the enemy shooting phase Alpharius and the sergant are shot at. Because the sergant is the closest model, I try to LO,S! the hit to Alpharius to keep the sergant alive. Every single LO,S! roll fails ... but every single armoursave is passed.
>Alpharius joins a tactical squad and goes off to clean up the remaining marines of the opponent. The lone sergant continues on to kill a landspeeder, the deathstorm drop pod, survive being shot at by a meltagun wielding marine and being charged by said marine, after which he crushes him with his powerfist. At the end of the battle, the sergant is still alive.
>One of my tactical squads that arrives a bit late from reserves actually happens to be at the right place at the right time, as they could deploy in the ideal position to prevent terminators charging out of a darkwing storm eagle from charging my allies' knight porphyrion.
>The same tactical squad then kills 5 enemy WE tactical marines with their bolters, stabs the WE praetor to death whilst only losing their sergant after being charged, and kill 2 of the terminators that came out of the darkwing.

Next level will be no plastic.

This one's actually hard as fuck since a lot of FW kits use some plastic.

What are you working on today /hhg/?

Finally finished my first 1500 points of Custodes.

My lighting fucking ate all my highlights and these look so much better in person.

Bananaboys could have used a little more shading/10

Pretty sure she completely missed the last half of his post

Going to give some units that did an outstanding job last apocalypse battle some honour markings. Maybe even going to promote one of my tactical squads to veterans, because they've been tearing through opposing forces lately.

No what I meant is using a darker bronze on the lower areas to create more depth. On the dread and tank you can also see that it still looks like a flat gold surface. But giving large gold models a painting scheme that is interesting to look at is difficult.

user, these look amazing.

You have built, assembled and painted these in the time I painted two kroot and a crisis suit. Kill me.

Does Raptor Imperialis represent 'fought in Unification War' or 'fought alongside the Emperor himself?'

Because I found Loken having Raptor Imperialis on his right arm.

You gotta name the sarge and promote him
You gotta promote that squad to Vets

Really? I thought Justaerins were meh tier, below Firedrakes and Tyrants.

I am fucking about building all of my Knight's weapons while trying not to glue any parts that I'm going to need to modify to magnetise. Can Mechanicum use a Knight Warden in their LoW, or has the red book not being updated to include those yet stopped me taking one?

tyrants are shooty and 1w so hard to compare, but Justaerin are just below firedrakes, they're much more killy but less tough, especially in fights where ID is being thrown around

or waving hello to its friend.

"Salutations battlebrother!"

desu I don't really thing it matters if they have 1 or 2 wounds, with powerfists they get smoshed regardless.

Does anybody here use the Armored Spearhead? I am considering running it with Tsons.

Oh it does matter, as 1w powerfist terminators vs 2w powerfist terminators almost always means the 2w terminators lose combat due to losing a higher number of wounds, even if they kill more of the 1w terminators.

>Guy defeats TransSons using a goddamned Atrapos.
>"You see? Sekhmets are overcosted and need at least 3W"

Bases, final highlights, priming arms + weapons, magnetizing them and setting the second cast of my MKII mold.

>>One of my Tactical squads is wiped out except for a single marine by the opponents MoS bombardment. This was the squad which I used Alpharius' One Of Many rule on, so that last marine was actually Alpharius.
>>Alpharius joins the remains of one of my veteran squads. They charge an enemy tactical squad and wipe it out, losing every veteran but the sergant in the process.
>>In the enemy shooting phase Alpharius and the sergant are shot at. Because the sergant is the closest model, I try to LO,S! the hit to Alpharius to keep the sergant alive. Every single LO,S! roll fails ... but every single armoursave is passed.
>>Alpharius joins a tactical squad and goes off to clean up the remaining marines of the opponent. The lone sergant continues on to kill a landspeeder, the deathstorm drop pod, survive being shot at by a meltagun wielding marine and being charged by said marine, after which he crushes him with his powerfist. At the end of the battle, the sergant is still alive.
I think I know who's the REAL Alpharius here

Tuh mook?

i am actually curious as to how you come to that conclusion when sekhmets were not even mentioned, but you're just shitposting anyway

Alongside the Emperor Himself. I'm phoneposting, but many examples can be found in the Fists section in HH3. Hillariously, that'd mean Khârn has it too, since he fought alongside Him and Perturabo when he was young.
Perhaps it only applies to Emperor-led Unification campaigns, though.

Raptor Imperialis indicates unification actions. It predates the Legions personal heraldry as the first universal symbol of the Legions.

It began with the Thunder Legion who bore it originally, then was carried by the earliest Legions participating in the conflict.

> Looks at army
> reads comments
Ok. I'll bite.
user that army looks lazy as fuck.
Do you want a pat on the back for three colors and a wash, with no attempt at a fucking highlight?
Or bases that are summed up as 'glob GW technical on base, Job complete?'
You must be a millennial or something, hoping for praise even after doing a pissed poor mediocre job. Step your fucking game up.
Also the ONE bare head I could see in the pick looks fucking horrible jesus

I play Space Wolves

Nope, it's just the iconography that was borne during the unification wars. Predates the Legions taking their own iconography.

Wait no user.

Does this mean my base looks like shit too?!

>a wash
That army look slike its been washed to you?

>resin
>half the army are plastic Khorne Berserkers

Rim needs tidied up and the base just needs a dark brown base colour done under the technical paint.

IMHO

My Maw Crusha. Then the work on my own DG begins....

Why do Justaerin have two wounds anyway? Why do Gorgons LACK two wounds?
I mean, Justaerin were given two wounds just because they were so expensive. Perhaps their cost should have been further decreased

somehow I never noticed that the legions who's primarch lost his head has a terminator elite named after a mythical monster that lost her head. somehow I got that reference with his title, despite them being the same name.

You can still seem 'em user, you just have to REALLY zoom in.
You did a pretty good job. Loving the clean gold, and that grav tank is boss

And the model!? Be critical of that too damn it, I've gotten positive response but only a few teneble suggestions for improvement. I'm currently going to be dry brushing a highlight of Fulgurite copper over these.

It matters because more survive the fire they receive moving into combat, so you get more guys that can swing

Very nice. Have you had a chance to use 'em yet?
If so, how'd you do?

I did exaggerate, but thing is TS are powerful already and are still subjected to the power creep that is HH7, regardless of whether or not we mention Sekhmets.
Seeeekmeeeets

And outside of one autist telling me about how that couldn't be a Thunder Warrior because all Thunder Warriors where blue I received positive comments all around with just a singular suggestion to highlight with fulgurite copper and maybe add some bits to the bases.

I have another base that has Typhus corrosion beneath it, the texture magnified the drying effect of the Martian iron earth.

Did you notice that while playing HEAD OF THE FERRU- I MEAN OF THE GORGON?

That's not true, a few people (myself included) said it looks over-weathered, to the point that the armour looks like its seized up and wouldn't actually be able to move. You just ignored those remarks because you didn't like them. "Positive comments all around" indeed.

sorry, my friendly meta is filled with spooky D-ghosts, so I don't survive any better with more wounds :^)

at that point it just feels like being beaten over the head with it.

They are powerful, that is true. but i feel they took a page from Tzeenchian Chaos armies in Fantasy 6th Ed with very much the same drawbacks, low numbers and no way to prevent mindbullets going wrong, the upside being that they are capable of unleashing some of the largest barrages of powers in the game (again, much like 6th Fantasy Tzeentch WoC)

My only real gripe is that Magnus is underpriced, Sekmets need to lose their picking powers and the Court of the Crimson king needs to reworked. Other then that, i feel they are mostly fine.

im trying to push a corrosion via radiation/+ crazy technology that's corrupted the war zone too.

The overall mental image is of a small band of Thunder Warriors that have fought theough and escaped the culling that also have a few progenoid glands to make more Thunder Warriors.

I wanted to press that feeling of weathering through unknown means. Yeah?

There aren't any clear replications of that sort of effect. So when you say that the armor looks weathered to the point of seizing and being non functional, the overall intent was to create that sort of
Impression. It's an objective victory, now to push the theme I want and make it believable is where I'm looking for further criticism. I do apologize for the positive marks comment. I'm looking to further stamp the idea out and need advice user,

This has received a highlight with fulgurite copper and had an undercoat of Typhus corrosion beneath the Martian iron earth.

Looks more like a bronze statue than an actual marine.

To be fair, they have no arms, weapons, backpacks or heads.

Are these guys worth it or should I just stick to Tac Marines and Devastators?

The unit looks fantastic no doubt.

What are you going to use for heads anyway? The classic cadian-with goggles-plus-topknot?

Carlos, Ferrus' viking haircut is no joking matter

Dreadnought needs a few non-gold bits of armour, it's a bit too monotone as is.

They have a third of the firepower of their points in marine devastators.

Custodes low model count means you have to be pretty ruthless in list design to not fuck yourself over, and these dudes just don't make the cut.

A combination of Cadian Goggles + top knot, cadian + Rebreather+ top knot, MkII with top knot, MKIII with top knot. I'm experimenting with using Age of sigmar chaos Warriors plate legs + leather boots for some of the models as well.

All models will be receiving a MKII or MKIII shoulder pad with the raptor imperialis. (I'm casting these myself)

Your unfinished test model that you keep posting looks like a very uncared-for bronze sculpture. It does not look like it could be a real suit of armour that could move, or be of any protection further than old bronze. The crackle base is a decently different colour shade (could do with looking more like real ground though) but the crackle just adds to the impression of your mini being something that's stood still and went to fuck for a very long time.

So, the positive comment from me is that you have successfully painted and based something that looks like a lump of old metal.
A negative consequence however, is that it doesn't look like a cool PA model and I fear a whole army will look stupid, especially larger models.

Also, fucking finish it. Half done test models are almost worst than unpainted ones that get posted like we're supposed to be impressed someone can glue objects together.

>fully painted
>No washes, highlights, details

I mean, I'm not close to fully painted yet myself, but at least what I do have painted is more than base coats.

user. I've been batch painting them. I'm onto basing before arms/weapons. I have 34 models at the same stage currently.

Looks interesting. Keep us updated user

Thank you for your honesty though! That's exactly what I asked for and now I have a few solid ideas for course correcting.

Needs more chainaxe.
Other than that, much better than anything I've done. Could use some blood splatters, as everyone else has said, but I quite like the bases. The black rim look is always a good choice.

>Dat Caladius
>Mfw I still have 13 Custodes to paint for my core units.

Those are beautiful user.

On a side note, can ard coat be used on lenses to create the lens effect with any color?

Careful user, he got a lot of upboats for his army on Reddit, after mean ol' HHG gave honest critique in the last threads, so he's obviously looking for dicksucking.

It will only work from certain angles.
It will help it looks like glass though

Damn it. Do you think it would be possible to fenangle purple lenses with ard coat?

The base coat I've used HAS purple pigment in it, I'm thinking maybe if I shade with druchiu violet and tie in with purple or blue lenses I can reinforce the theme I'm going for

I think I'll stop here for today. No need for a 11-hour marathon this time.

If there's a purple glaze, you can most likely get away with using that over a white base.

That Contemptor needs a lot more shading.

It honestly just looks spray painted gold then base coated.

The tank looks gorgeous though!

The army's tabletop-worthy. It's not something to write home about, especially the lazy job with berzerkers, and yeah KA likes to post his stuff more often than most of us (probably because our armies are still mostly on sprues) but the guy's army's pretty much done and it's certainly better than graymarines.

I did:
> xereus purple
> genestealer purple
> guilliman blue glaze (thinned down)
> emperors children ( the super neon pink GW do )

Oh shit forgot to add pic.

Still building up my Dangles army, started at 1500 and finished a few 2500 last night. Been working with Ironwing Protocol and I've been doing real well so far. I've been keeping my Heavy Support slots filled with Vindicators, Predators and a Leviathan and it's time I'm trying to switch things up.

Is a squadron of Land Raiders worth working into my list? I have some Tactical Support Squads sitting around, thinking about giving them plasma repeaters and sticking them in a Proteus with my melee Veterans in a Phobos.

The BS bump is nice and all but I have some reserves. Should I sink my points into a squad of Raiders or should I look else where?

I'd suggest doing one to completion before beginning the batch painting process. Cant really tell if a model will come together until its done and no point wasting all that time painting an army hoping it will look good once all the batch painting is finished

Now that I have him painted, is there any way I can use Sevatar in Terror Assault? He seems really kind of blarg compared to a stock Praetor.

Oh jeez sorry that picture is UGE

>The black rim look is always a good choice.
How does the Hours Heresy General paint their rims?

Black, Brown, Grey? Goblin Green?

Wassup lads, it's the guy asking about Salamamders from yesterday. I've retooled the list to be a little better, so how does it look?

>Salamanders 2,500 Covenant of Fire list

HQs:
Praetor
>Terminator Armor, Dragonscale Shield, MotED, Chainfist
Command Squad
>Land Raider, 4 Bodyguards, Terminator Armor, Chainfists

Elites:
Terminator Squad
>Land Raider, 5 Chainfists, Combi-Weapons
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought
>Twin Kheres Assault Cannon

Troops:
Tactical Squad
>10 Men, Vexilla
Tactical Squad
>10 Men, Vexilla
Support Squad
>Rhino, 7 Men
Support Squad
>Rhino, 8 Men

Fast Attack:
Javelin Landspeeder
>3 Speeders

Heavy Support:
Vindicator
>Demolisher Cannon
Vindicator
>Demolisher Cannon
Deredeo Dreadnought
>Hellfire Plasma Cannonade

I'm not 100% certain, and especially since my friend is new the Javelins may be a bad idea. Thoughts on a good replacement or any other concerns?