Could a blind man take on a Gorgon/Medusa?

Could a blind man take on a Gorgon/Medusa?

Reminder that gorgons are excellent archers as well, with relatively thick scale armor and deadly claws.

Assuming the blind man still has eyes, yes. It's not necessary for a gorgon's petrifying magic to be processed within her victim's parietal lobe in order to take effect, it only has to enter the pupils.

If you mean the snake lady probably not, since not being able to see is a pretty big weakness unless he's fucking daredevil. If you mean the DnD metal bull thing I imagine it's even less in the blind man's favor, but it would probably be more fun to watch

If I had a DM that said that I'd probably walk out of the game

He would wreck their shit while looking for the exit to the cave.

Why user? If it was as simple as just blocking the gaze, wouldnt glasses/a blindfold also work?

THAT GUY

that depends entirely on how gorgon's stare works. let's look at two extremes: for example if it's a coherent high energy beam that transmutes carbon into silicon, then the gorgon doesn't even have to look into your eyes. if it's some kind of memetic attack that paralyses you, then it would have to processed by the brain.

A blindfold would absolutely work. The thing that petrifies you is seeing how ugly the gorgon is. If you can't see how ugly the gorgon is, you're okay.

>then it would have to processed by the brain.
Why? There are many biological steps that occur between absorption of light energy by cones & rods to image processing.

Clearly not true, see: mirror shield

>memetic attack

But user, how can gorgon magic be real if our eyes aren't real.

God, why is Medusa so misunderstood as a myth and a trope?
Medusa does not need to look you in the eyes. You need to look at HER. You don't even need to see her eyes, you just need to make direct eye-to-Medusa contact. (Yes, you're still petrified if you stare at her tits.) The curse is on her beauty. Looking at a reflection is perfectly safe and it's how Perseus fought her to begin with. He did not "reflect her gaze back at her" or anything, that is a bizarre recent inversion.
Being blind would make you totally safe from her curse. You will never be petrified because you cannot see her in any way. However, she is still a deadly Gorgon who can kill a person with her claws.

>Rider
>doesn't even ride anything
What did Nasu mean by this?

well, if you really want to go deep into it, you could theorize how and on what level such a memetic attack would work.
first of all, any affected biological process would have to result in you being paralyzed. so it would have to affect either your motor cortex, the PNS or muscles themselves.
affecting the muscles would mean either make them unable to work, for example through rapid buildup of lactic acid or inability to transport oxygen to them. this could be done either through introducing a new chemical to them (something like VX) or, i dunno, tiring them extremely fast. in case of new chemical, how would it get there? where would it be synthetized? tiring the muscles would mean them responding to abnormal signals from the PNS (which would be affecting the PNS actually).

affecting the PNS would mean either inability to transmit signals from the motor cortex (either chemically or electrically) or the opposite - transmitting noise all the time. both would imho require introduction of new chemical or a source of electrical signals that either retards or boosts properties of neurons in the PNS. again, from where would those chemicals or electricity come from? some part of the body would have to be subverted to produce them. how?
attacking the motor cortex seems more natural to me, since the brain is incredibly complex and interconnected pretty well. i imagine some sort of induced seizure or a "denial of service" would do that. more importantly this kind of attack wouldn't really need introduction of new chemicals, just using the normal electrical and/or chemical properties of neurons in the brain. in my opinion it's natural that the attack would start in the visual cortex, by hacking whatever algorthims there are for processing visual information from the retina, and then move forward to the motor cortex, perhaps frying all the parts between.
alternatively, it could start in the retina and go through visual cortex to the motor cortex, frying everything on the way. however the retina has relatively simple anatomy, so likely also simpler logic, which means smaller attack surface.
all in all, i would make my memetic attack hack the visual cortex and target the motor cortex afterwards.

Yes, but he can also romance her without any risks

>Yes, but he can also romance her without any risks
I dispute your use of the word "any".

Don't you think she would be happy to have someone to talk and bond to without any risk of him turning into stone?

She rides cock

She is a hardcore murderous Mysandrist.

What if the blind person is a female?

Oh, I'd definitely be rock hard if I stared at her tits

>tall
>grotesque bosom

Truly cursed, how would anyone be able to find this attractive.

would daredevil turn to stone if he saw her with his ears?

Man that Blade Runner sequel sure looks goofy.

Nigga what?

Consider the following: The thing that petrifies you in the mythos is gazing upon Medusa and realizing how ugly she is.
But what if ugly women are my fetish, and I find them attractive? Think something along the lines of how the guy from Saya no Uta viewed the world around him.

>ugly women are my fetish

Then why are you here and not on Tumblr?

Those shotguns can still shoot the fuck out of him. He only increased the shells spread, assuming they weren't using slugs

>he thinks shotguns will stop Roy Batty

I am one with the force, the force is with me.

Presumably it'd just be a localized petrification.

I'm mildly certain that's part of the fighting plan

"You can't turn me stone, because I'm already rock hard, baby".jpg