Kingdom Death General /KDM/

Pledge manage closes March 20th, 2017, get your butts moving! Edition

Post your minis, your questions, your stories, your hopes and dreams.

Extra Phoenix Droppings;
>Kickstarter 1.5 Page:
kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview:
vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
mega.nz/#!G9JUFJDB!hewc0YH6bcNEwVGFV2g1eOmtVhclHJVnKB41pj7JAlA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Kingdom_Death)
yuki.la/tg/47286458).
mobile.twitter.com/kingdomdeath/status/817914516264599552)
reddit.com/r/KingdomDeath/comments/5mpd2b/so_whats_with_the_anonymous_survivor/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heck.

At this point I may as well go balls-deep.

Until you're hitting Satan totals, you aren't balls deep. Still a little over $100 to go.

The only thing I'm not getting are the Satan twins models, and I guess the plastic board but that thing's too impractical even for me.

(I already own other 1.0 content)

>unable to buy in the first time because of a cash shortage.
>have money now but only find out about round two a bit ago.
>request a late pledge and begin obsessing over an email that probably wont come.
>it hurts...

All I want to do is murder eldritch stargods and steal their skin and organs for power.

im gonna have to wait until 2023 to own/play this game in person.

If I perfect hit with a skullcap hammer, giving the monster a -1 speed token until the end of its round (the antelope in this case) if he draws an AI with a speed of 1, will the attack be null?

would seem logical since card>rules

Monsters cannot have a stat reduced below 1 due to tokens, and this includes speed.

On the timeline event Regal Visit, does the guidepost innovation only trigger if you roll 4567?

No, it only triggers on a 5, 6, or 7. 4 is not included in the highlighted trigger results.

The virtual tabletop version has its downsides, but thank you.

Here's the MEGA with PDFs in it.
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

Core book OCRed, bookmarked, and optimized it.
mega.nz/#!G9JUFJDB!hewc0YH6bcNEwVGFV2g1eOmtVhclHJVnKB41pj7JAlA

Isn't it the 23rd that it closes?

Make your deal with the devil, bros. For tomorrow he comes to collect.

Also, do your part to support the Veeky Forums community- buy the Anonymous Wanderer. She T H I C C as fuck, and who doesn't want a pin up that also has a fair chunk of game content?

Anyone watching Woolie's playthrough?

They seriously need to drop the british guy, Mothman or whatever. They only have him on because he apparently knows how to play, but he gets shit wrong constantly and is both boring and annoying to listen to.

Besides that Brennan sounds exactly like Ulysses which makes his presence all the more novel.

Yep, Satan is the only way to go IMO.

>only find out about round two a bit ago
Do you live in a hole?

user survivor is shit. We've been over this.

Unless you want pinups and missed the first KS it's actually not the greatest value.
Gambler's is far superior.

>Watching X playthrough
lol no

Fucking garbage.

Only watching for the Shogun.

So did any of this get confirmed?

>got curious, and on the Internet that's almost never a good thing. But, here I am anyway. I did some digging, some social media creeping, some reddit stalking, a little mining of the archives, (and then the wayback machine) and some deviant art vomit wading. (Gods above and below, I wish I had not done that last bit. I need brain bleach.) As best I can tell, the story is this.

>Ekoi made a non targeted request for anyone to draw his mayonnaise gendered Gary Sue elf in KDM-ISH cosplay. The Anonymous Artist, Ty (finally credited by SOMEONE here: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Kingdom_Death) took the request and returned TWO images to Ekoi (yuki.la/tg/47286458). Somewhere, somehow, Ekoi shows one to Poots. On Jan 7th, Poots reveals the Anonymous Survivor promo. Ekoi spaces out, understandably. On Twitter, Ekoi was asked to credit the Anonymous Artist, and appears to have made a bare effort ( mobile.twitter.com/kingdomdeath/status/817914516264599552) and then scrubbed it. The second link is a dead end. A reddit thread looks also suspect, but I can't confirm. ( reddit.com/r/KingdomDeath/comments/5mpd2b/so_whats_with_the_anonymous_survivor/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list)

>Now, after finding the original thread where Ekoi made the request, and the Anonymous Artist's reference to another board, I did further creeping and mining of the wayback machine. This artist has drawn a lot of fetishy stuff, and appears to frequently request that his work NOT be reposted. I understand why. His style is incredibly distinctive. I have no idea how Ekoi ever thought to even possibly pass off the difference in style and talent, especially after wading through Deviant Art. Eugh.

>But it also looks like Ty was never even asked what he wanted. And that's low.

Stop tryin to create drama.

It's interesting and kinda scummy if true.

For whatever reason KD has a reputation for dicking over artists so it'd actually be par for the course.

DO I GET GOBLIN DRAGON PINUP OR STORM KNIGHT PINUP?

gobbo

storm knight pinup is kinda naff

And done. Kingsman pinup and gobbo Dragon pinup.

Wish I could afford the actual game instead of just 2 pinups

Storm knight pinup is already available.

Do you guys think the Sunstalker endings are to grim? Or do you like the fact it really shows the fact that humans are at the bottom of the food chain in this world?

Thread autosaged before I could reply.

You're working hard to discredit me.

I have never once claimed that the art was mine, publicly nor privately, and especially not to Poots. If you read the thread, you'd see that I was in email contact the the artist at the time and even recently got a message from them. Their email address was a throwaway one, so I didn't have a more reliable means to try to contact them.

And the issue of crediting that Poots was worried about, which we discussed more in length in email since chatting copyright and legal matters doesn't work well on tiny character limits, was for the art itself. Poots has interest in using the Anonymous-posted art in the minibooklet, but I had to tell him that we couldn't do that without contacting the user artist to get that license for the copyright. (I did propose other more legal ideas, but none of those will be acted upon likely seeing as the user artist is back in contact with me.)

I only have control over the character being used since she's mine, and Poots and I have already come to terms on that part.

Again, I have not once claimed his work to be mine. I even defended his copyright when it came up. You don't have to like me or my dumb characters, but this desperate attempt to find reason to drag me behind the cart in unwarranted.

Im hoping Poots writes a skirmish book so people can play around with their small collections.

I hope the game ships out early summer... i wanna play already!

Do you guys think that the Gold Smoke Knight has any relation with the Golden Entity

I just wanted my own slice of the KD pie. Getting a mini based off of Houtengeki's art was a rad bonus.

Yes. I thought he was one of the abortion things. Anything with a lion motiff is a failed perfect being

What can I say I lost track of the game since I couldn't get it, so why torture myself over something I couldn't get. Then I find out about it at the worst time and get a mighty need, now here I am, with a case of blue balls.

Man I just want to murder a nuclear dragon, is that so much to ask for...

It's pretty lame.

Everyone dies in DK too but at least it's cool.

No.

don't feel bad user. You wont get the deal but everything will probably go up for retail again.

the one I watched literally all the women were fucking around on the phones while shitting on the one guy who was trying to keep the game going.

Thanks. iv more or less come to terms with it and will just have to watch for it and hope I can get it before it inevitable sells out, again.

Still doesn't stop me from checking my email like a crack fiend in the vain hope I will get the go ahead.

finger crossed. there were a few things I couldn't justify grabbing right away and have to wait for the retail release.

Golden Entity fucked up GSK's Shit.

Once upon a time there was the Great Lion Civ. GSK was their protector entity. Their society crumbled to ruin, their king falling to the Knowledge Worm (Becoming Lion God) and their lands being corrupted by Wailing Smoke, which is mentioned elsewhere as being part of the Golden Entity's arsenal. Knight's mane fell out and the smoke got him.

The three Lion Knight brothers seem to be the Entity's loyal(?) flawed recreations of what the GSK once was.

where is this fluff from?

also who are all the entities that we know of?

the sparrow
goblin
golden entity

Scribe & Traveler.

Whichis the best big monster to buy from the new expansions besides AW.

Gambler?

Hi. I drew the anonymous survivor.

Apparently, I missed a lot. Its cool, I talked to Poots and Ekoi, everything is chill. Drama is what kills awesome efforts like this to include the community in development, so save it. I even put up a small catalogue of old art on my deviant art account because of this, though I skipped most of the fetishy stuff.

While I'm going to miss the kickstarter for lack of funds and only just finding out about it, talking to poots and seeing something I drew being used for more than a fap has made me want to put pencil to paper again.

Look me up, my DA name is jishintai

Isn't the scribe the one who writes all the humans into existence? The black ink the starting survivors wipe off their eyes maybe has something to do with the ink of his quill?

Also if someone could remind me where the traveler fluff is?

Moth is the only reason that series is happening. Also when they play it's like 6 in the morning for him because britbong time.

>Also if someone could remind me where the traveler fluff is?
Candy & Cola Wanderer lore says they were captured by Traveler.

I thought KDM would have a bigger following on Veeky Forums desu.

The traveler sounds badass. Do they have structures on its back?

t. mothman

Good to hear from you both. It looked bad, but in that one anons defense, email ain't public, and conclusions are easy to jump to. There's been a lot of trouble, all over, with stolen art and photos and protecting IP and so on. Hate seeing folks get shafted, so I'm relieved to see a good outcome for once! Your DA is full of nice shit, Ty. Your growth is fascinating.

It got delayed 3 months to late fall.

And late pledgers go one wave behind.

Like most of the fluff, it was originally found on shop pages (in this case GSK and Lion Knight 1st) but after multiple shop overhauls, you can't rely on that anymore. There was Inside the Wall for a while that did a pretty good job collecting it, but like the Great Library of the Twilight Order they fell to ruin and now you can only glean their knowledge by sifting through rubble (archive.org). Vibrant Lantern currently offers the best repository of earlier-released lore, but its very spotty.

Kingdom Death: Monster -- where piecing the lore together is as hard for us as it is for our survivors

>who are all the entities that we know of?
Off the top of my head there's...
The Golden Entity
The Sparrow King
The Scribe
The True Goblin (?)
Satan/Ivory Dragon
A Vengeful Entity that cursed a dude with immortality and eternal thirst only to get killed by him a thousand years later
Maybe the Scribe, Traveler, Storm Knight, Gambler and/or Dragon King/Tyrant. It's unclear what the real qualification for "Entity" status is and thus which of these qualify.

Define late pledgers.

Post campaign pledges.
That's what they're called.

I'm saved then.

>And late pledgers go one wave behind.

confirmed or just angry that people could join in later on?
if confirmed i cant imagine how many latebacker wouldnt bother if they knew about it, wave 2 is like 2018 right

Im... im a late pledger.... T-T FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>is that so much to ask for.
It is if you are retarded.

All of them.

Confirmed.

And LB will get core in 2019.

Got a source for that other than your ass?

Sour satan pledger angry that a twin satan pledge was introduce is now angry that late pledge is introduced.

If confirmed mind pointing out a link to poots post ?

Here you go:

The resemblance with George from CLG is striking...

I recommend rather than grabbing 2 minis for $30, grab some expansion. Just some expansion (go a value one, like Lion Knight or Dung Beetle Knight or Flower Knight).
You can then get the game later maybe, or just enjoy more models.

But lion knight comes with game content, 4 role survivors, lion knight and his 3 pinup followers.

I wish the game let me 'win'. It feels like lazy writing away from audience desires that players can put a giant number of hours into a game, and all their struggling is for naught.

I'd call turning into a new generation of dragon people "winning" myself.

Worst Witch Disciple reporting in.

#5 the best

Does anybody have the artwork for the Witch Disciples? I can't find any good pictures on the internet for the two male ones. A dump of all the art cards would be fine too, have those been scanned in?

But what if people don't have the DK expac, the'll be stuck with the shitty base game ending

>two male ones
Not this meme again.
#4 is a malnourished girl, as evidenced by pelvic structure and lady clothes.

nice meme

Ekoi?
I guess one of them was male afterall...

what's a good mid lvl monster to get?

im leaning towards either the gorm, the dungbeatle knight or the oblivion mosquito.

Gorm is a lion replacement, so that won't do to well for mid level, and DBK is high-ish level.
Not too sure what place Oblivion Mos is going to be.

DBK is mid-late game.

Early game I prefer Spider to Gorm.

We really have no idea on new stuff.

oblivion is going to be a node 2 screaming antelope replacement so that is a mid game monster

Anyone order to US from AU warehouse before? My Spidicules has been sitting in Chicago for over a week now doing nothing.

A guy can't wear a corset? I've got the model in my hand right now and it doesn't look either malnourished or girl.

This isn't allowed. They will cancel the order.

pics

EU and CA cannot ship internationally but AU can. The package has already shipped out from AU and arrived in Chicago but it hasn't moved since.

IT CAME!!!! Thank you based poots I take back all the bad things I said about you.

so fucking stoked, I got the core and dragonking expansion, don't know if ill grab anything else before it closes but for the moment im happy I got this.

congrats. welcome to the club of empty wallets.

I'll need to get out the camera, might be a bit later.

>literally scraping dimes together to try to make next month's rent while I wait to hear back from a job interview
IT IS A GOOD PAIN

>Beyond enabling the disciples to survive the hole of the forest, continued wear of their garments deepens a symbiotic relationship, granting them even greater understanding and power. However, an intense caloric intake is required to keep the fabric fed. This can pose a great challenge for young disciples, who often starve to death or are simply consumed by their hat.

Lack of body mass as a result of insufficient diet and hungry supernatural clothing =/= twinkboi in girl's clothes.

>the garb is external tapeworm

Any other ones you want to see? I'm having serious trouble doing the eyes on six, WIP wasn't much help and just kept asking what model it was.

I think that's a pretty optimistic way to look at what is described. Sounds more like you madly eat the corpse and die insane and stupid.

Though it's ambiguous whether it's just them feverish and dying of radiation poisoning/being consumed by dragon fire from the inside out; or ascending to the stars.

Thanks. I drew a male version of the survivor to try to get myself back into the swing of things, if anyone's interested.

eek spoilers

So will I feel like I'm missing out if I just have the base game? I've never played this in any form and I'm not sure if me/my friends will even care if we have expansions or not.I was thinking of picking up Gorm/DBK/Dragon King for a solid list but honestly 155 bucks on top of 250 is really steep and seems like it might be overboard for people who have never played the base game. Any opinions?

The intent was for the Tyrant to produce a people of successors for his dying kind.

So either he was genuinely successful and we're dragons, or buried his papery corpse, ate his heart, and exploded in a wave of awesome radiation.

Either way, I'd classify those as victories when compared to sunners who either get eaten, fried, fried than eaten, or eaten by baby sunstalkers.

Look at it this way, it's the cheapest you'll ever get them so you may as well and if you end up hating it you can easily make your money back through a resale. Even if you resell a dragon for 120 that's still a good deal.