Plothole?

So I was reading Miss Militia's interlude recently and realised she shouldn't have seen some of the things she did.

Miss Militia is a natural trigger cape (confirmed by Eden her/him/it's-self, meaning the visions she saw would have been from scion's memories(that's just how shards work for some reason.) However Scion parted ways with Eden *before* she crashed, so scion wouldn't have been able to see that happening.

Also, worm thread.

It's not like Zion is blind to his partner's location, he would see Eden approaching the planet, just from afar when their communications break. Until they actually landed they were sending messages back and forth constantly and were aware of their respective statuses.
But Hannah didn't see Eden crashing. She intuited it, but her flashback terminated just before Eden actually made contact.

Why does every new parahuman think that the best way to use their powers is to beat up gang bangers with 0 training instead of more constructive and safer things?

Because parahumans are crazy people who are influenced by space whale conflict engines and the illuminati.

Because if you try to do good things you end up like Sphere. Spoiler
Sphere is now called mannequins after the Simurgh attack his lab

I pretty sure it's a cultural meme for them as US superhero culture was mostly inspired by classic comic books.

Scion and superpowers first started appearing somewhere in the 60s around the time of the silver age of comic books, this means that the entire golden age of comics already came and went so the concept of superheroes has been around for quite a while in the public perception.

Now that superpowers became a real thing it was only natural that people started getting inspired by the decades of already existing material, otherwise they wouldn't get the idea that it's reasonable to dress up in costumes and masks to go out and fight crime.
The idea of patrolling the streets to keep them safe at night was a common concept in comics so of course they did that too, often enough that later generations followed their lead, they perceive it as just a natural part of being a superhero so they do it even if there were safer and more constructive ways.

In the story it was never mentioned what ever happened with superhero comics after superheroes became real, now that I think about it I don't remember comic books ever being mentioned in the story at all.

I think Wildbow mentioned in the comment section of the first interlude that comics developed in a similar way to how Watchmen depicted actual superheroes appearing in a world where superhero comics existed (cape comics lost their popularity and got replaced by other genres like pirate comics) though i'm not too sure if I remember this right.

He was way underused, I wish we could've seen more of him actually being a Terminator style badass instead of seeing how he constantly gets his ass kicked because he insisted on mocking his enemies and showing off instead of finishing the job.

I assume you're talking about when she's looking at the entity and goes "It's dying, she thought." That wasn't foreshadowing the crash it was referring to the way scion let go of shards as it came closer to the earth(s). It wasn't actually dying, that's just how she interpreted it. We see the same event from the other side in eden's interlude.

> the gravity of the planetary bodies pull at it. It loses great clumps of shards.
>It loses more. Its focus now on to the shards critical to making this future it has seen a reality. A world perpetually in conflict, the groups and factions kept small enough that none can challenge it.
> All energy it can spare goes towards the reorganization. shards must be discarded, or it will dwarf the destination planet. It casts shards off, and it retains shards that will allow it to draw power from those shards.

Oh look Echidna art.

Let's put capes into Echidna.

Purity clone. She wants to kill Aster, obviously,

her clone's power is to drain the light spectrum from around her sort of like grue.

Reminder that Victoria literally did nothing wrong.

>Not a "Stat Me"

Goddamn it guys.

>Wanting worm's already iffy status on Veeky Forums that rustles jimmies to be associated with stat me threads.

How about, no?

I suppose. Never really understood the issue with wormposting here though.

If you don't like it, Hide the damn thread. I can't tell if those people are genuine or trolling at the end of the day, anyway.

Stat

She was a pretty shitty person before, using excessive force because she knew she could cover it up to get away with it.

But she in no way deserved to be turned into pic related.

Who the fuck is she? Fire lantern girl?

Wildbow stated he has a death wish beneath it all.

Create Object 3: Continuous, Innate, Precise, Tether, Limited (only weapons)

I'm not that familar with Mutants&Masterminds, how many points would it take to build that?

Very, very, very few.

She's underpowered by M&M standard, firmly into street level. In fact, Create Object 3 is even too much, you can do pretty much the same thing with Create 2 or even 1. Unless you want her to be able to make canons or something.

Don't have the time to calculate, but she's probably PL 4.

Anyone here remember Capes of Rain City on /qst/? It was a Worm inspired story based in not!Canada.

Shards drive their hosts to seek out conflict, specifically conflict with other shard-bearers. If you don't fight with your powers, you feel miserable and on edge. When you do, you feel great.

Ignore this nudging for too long, or otherwise ignore what your Shard wants (e.g., seeking out safe conflicts rather than ones which force you to push the limits of your powers) and your Shard will eventually try to find ways to kill you so someone else can give it a go.

She used excessive force against criminal scumbags, and never crossed the lines that Taylor, Amy, Piggot, or many others did. Poor kid gets an unjustly bad rap.

In the final battle she used her power to create a nuke, not just a Davy Crocket that launched mini-nukes, just a straight up atomic bomb.
Even if she only can keep one at a time, surely she'd be considered somewhat strong if she can just create infinite nukes.

Not to forget that she had a few side powers like not having to sleep, perfect photographic memory and an enhanced ability to aim and shoot and in general operate any kind of weaponry.

I wanted to think of a clever backstory for a trigger event but I'm coming up empty. So I just typed in bad day mad libs on Google. Let's see what we get.

We'll this was dumb. Any takers?

You gain the power of physically-manifested schizophrenia.

A Master class that transforms thoughts into people?

Or a stranger class that gives people schizophrenia?

Both?

>late to work because of factors out of your control
>getting chastised by your boss you seem to look up to the way he's being described as "still, dazzling, effective and above"
>seems to be a common occurance, your job is on the line
>try to relax on the playground but nobody is there, feeling of loneliness
>the word vomit points at a severe mental illness, schizophrenia perhaps

The loneliness and the fear of disappointing someone you look up to seems like a Master power,
continuously stressing over coming late to work is definitely a Mover power
and the whole background of being mentally ill is a classic Thinker thing.
(of course powers work in mysterious ways and the end result could always not have on of the above ratings despite the related stress alluding to them)

Being out of control, both because of the traffic and because of not rarely being able to think straight, seems to be a running theme.
The final powers should be something that you don't or only barely have control over, something unpredicable that underlines the feeling of being at the mercy of current circumstances.

Maybe a Thinker power similar to Path to Victory that allows the user to set a (reasonable) goal and then be really efficient at achieving it (impress the boss, get to work in time etc.) but the intervalls in which the power kicks in and out is kind of random.
Sometimes it kicks in even if you don't have anything important to do and other times it leaves perhaps even while you were in the middle of using it for something important.

To not make it too shitty it could be predictable in a minor way, after a long time of being off and then turning on again it usually (but not always) stays that way for a similarly long time.
Vice versa if it was on for only half a minute it turns off for a similarly short time, sometimes leading to situations where you are hyper focused for a moment working on your goal before becoming helpless and having to wait a minute to get it back.

>Vice versa if it was on for only half a minute it turns off for a similarly short time, sometimes leading to situations where you are hyper focused for a moment working on your goal before becoming helpless and having to wait a minute to get it back.
This could make for interesting fights, one minute you are destroying the people who stand in your way and the next you are getting beaten into the ground before regaining it and swiping all of them off their feet as you get the upper hand again.

There's probably a constant feeling of anxiousness if the power has been on for a while because, especially in tense situations, you could lose it at a critical moment and be stranded in a bad situation where you can't think your way out even if it would normally be easy to solve for anyone without schizophrenia.

Shaker. Turns the landscape around their self into a Psychedelic masterpiece.

What is her trigger power?

Falling from the moon door, jealous of her sister from having her man, and now her daughter from having her man. I'm sure I'm missing some more but a Master/Mover power should do it. Not sure how though. What about pic related?

A master power that forces people to group together as tightly as possible.

>In the story it was never mentioned what ever happened with superhero comics after superheroes became real
they died out in favor of simply following the exploits of real supers.

to the point that Uber and Leet were making more money as semi-anonymous twitch streamers than as villians.

for the record, I'd watch the SHIT out of streams like that...

>[Über and Leets] entire schtick was a video game theme. With every escapade, they picked a different video game or series, designing their costumes and crimes around it. One day it would be Leet in a Mario costume throwing fireballs while Über was dressed up as Bowser, the two of them breaking into a mint to collect ‘coins’. Then a week later, they would have a Grand Theft Auto theme, and they would be driving through the city in a souped up car, ripping off the ABB and beating up hookers.
(Shell 4.5)

Jesus I totally forgot that them beating up prostitutes on a livestream for fun was actually canon.
Pretty funny how they usually get reduced to being silly comic reliefs in fanon despite actually being pretty fucking disturbing individuals.

An Über and Leet style campaign where the players are streamers trying to get that sweet Twitch money actually sounds pretty fun.

They could get to decide on their own how they'd operate to receive viewers and donations, whether they want to do it by having a fun theme like Ü+L or perhaps by following viewer suggestions, whatever the highest bidder or online polls they create everytime there is a choice to be made says.
There are tons of possibilities for this, only requirement is that it has to be something outrageous enough that people would be willing to watch and pay.