Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Casting Couch Edition

What spurred your character to become an adventurer? What marketable skills do they have if they had to leave the open road for something more sedentary?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4756375/chargen-rules/?pageforid=4794310#post-4794310
youtube.com/watch?v=muCPjK4nGY4&t=83s
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/major-artifacts/dancing-hut-of-baba-yaga/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Dat filename

Has your character ever encountered a friendly undead?

>What spurred your character to become an adventurer?
He got pissed as his hometown for assuming he burnt up the place because he spent at least half his youth practicing his weird ass fire powers.
> What marketable skills do they have if they had to leave the open road for something more sedentary?
He has decent knowledge skills and a great heal skill, along with knowing methods of non-Divine mystic healing. I think he could carve out some kinda niche.

Orders from the military, he's basically been given a full on "Operate at your own discretion" order from his superiors, and as such has decided to work with these equally terrifying civillians.

As for retirement? Well, he can either go on to do officer work, MP work, or be get a job doing Basic Training, or retire with a fat pension and scare kids off his property for a living.

And if that fails, well, either PI work or being a vigilante might do. Helps that the Investigator offered him a position at his PI firm if he wishes

The ghost in curse of the crimson throne. She revealed to us her secret and then never turned up again because the DM really, really did not want to set up another harrowing.

The desire to struggle against Evil and defend the Innocent

>What marketable skills do they have if they had to leave the open road for something more sedentary?
The Divine gifts of the Inheritor, but I reckon she won't cotton to no sedentary life when you've still got the strength to fight.

I have 5 ranks in Profession (Sailing). It was not enough against a Sea Serpent.

Technically anyone with an Undead Lord cleric in their party has done so.

That sofa looks comfy.

So, I've been looking at the Cital Strike feats, and I've been left wondering one thing.

What's the point of these things!?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4756375/chargen-rules/?pageforid=4794310#post-4794310

NEW STUFF
Campaign Traits (If you took the Loan option, you may take one of these traits for free)
Blessed by Iono : When making a save vs corruption, you may add your CHA modifier.
Blessed by Roma : Your natural and unarmed attacks count as though they were Moonsilver.
Blessed by Shepherd : Every round that you have less than 1 hit point and are not stable, remove Corruption points equal to your level.
Blessed by Zyke : Whenever you have at least one point of Corruption, you have the Scent ability and can sense other sources of corruption within 30'
Blessed by Undyne : For every five minutes bathing in otherwise pure water, remove 1 point of corruption. Anyone who drinks this water gains that corruption.
Blessed by Titania : You may choose to assume your Night Form during the day for a number of rounds equal to your level.

New Feats (Accepting suggestions if they seem reasonable, but keep it in FAQ)
Lay on Purity : Your Lay on Hands charges do not create Corruption. As an alternative, you can remove Corruption points from the target instead of healing. You gain one additional use of Lay on Hands per day.

Night's Kiss : You may drain health and corruption, in equal amounts from a willing or incapacitated target. This process requires direct contact, and one minute per 10 points. This counts as a forceful transfer of corruption from the target to you. If the target runs out of corruption before hit points, you still gain corruption.

Lithe Rage : When you enter a rage from your Nightwalker ability, you instead gain +4 Dex in place of the +4 Str.

Corrupted Modulation : (Prereq : Avowed level 3) Pick a modulation clause. Whenever you use the selected Modulation, you may add one die of damage per five caster levels, but you also gain 1 Corruption per die (including the base dice)

I'd like to see you get comfy on it, user.

>Blessed by evil monster queen
The flavor on these seems a bit suspect.

Stuff like Bleeding and Blinding Critical and the like? Well think about it. You're critfishing with your falchion or rapier or what have you, and you go up against an enemy fighter. Blinding Critical cuts his damage in half. You go up against an enemy spellcaster. Censoring Critical, hope you have Silent Spell!

Blessed is subjective.

/pfg/, what makes for a good background concept?

I've been looking at some of these games and the character pitches, and some of them are quite good, but they're getting to be novellas. How do you balance between quality and quantity?

If something isn't important to the backstory, try not to include it. That's how I try to write backstories.

Sorry, I typo'd. ITs supposed to be a "V", not a "C"
I mean VITAL Strike, what is Vital Strike for?

just write what you want down

thats about it

regulations is when shit starts becoming forced

The thing is, some people have a hard time discerning whether or not it is.

Oh, Vital Strike?
It's a trap option. I mean, not entirely, you can still do stuff with it by getting real big, like a druid turning into a gargantuan hippo or something, but you'd do more damage if you just full attacked.

Basically, it's a gimmick type build.

Be able to summarize but elaborate where needed.
If you are going in deep then use some formatting.
Where were they from, influentual events, where they're going(goals-wise), possible motives, and what they are like now. Something like that

Devastation of her family by EEEEVIL things, gotta go fuck up the EEEEVIL things now and hopefully maybe be able to fix the damage that was done along the way.

>What marketable skills do they have if they had to leave the open road for something more sedentary?
She could probably make a healthy living as an alchemist. Could possibly run a bakery, too. But would you trust a bakery who dabbles in alchemy?

I got some advice when applying for Puella recently for backstories that I think it pretty good. Write out your full backstory first, and don't worry about length. Then, once you're satisfied with it, write a short version of only a few paragraphs' length, aiming for 3-6 paragraphs. If you have so much stuff going on in your background that you can't condense it like that, your character either has too much going on or you're not trying hard enough.

Gotcha.

Now here's another question, how would you feel if there was an option to apply it to Spellstrike?

>I got some advice

I like this advice. Almost done with the Step 1 part. Then I can get condensing.

Vital Strike is somewhat better for a Gorum follower, as they can do it on a charge as their Divine combat technique.

Iiiiiiiif (big if) your Gm is lenient enough, you could do it on a pounce.

It's this ffxiv joke?
Are paladins still cucked?

You can Vital Strike and Spellstrike. You just can't Vital Strike and Spell Combat.

>Spoiler
Unfortunately, yes. Monks are too, to the surprise of nobody.

There's no such thing.
Deal with them accordingly.

Those buffs to AST's balance are disgusting and I want it gone.

I may or may not be a WHM main.

It definitely made it way easier on me because I was able to focus on writing a backstory that was good without distracting myself with stuff like "Well this backstory is really dragging on, I should cut this part out". Honestly, when applying for a game you probably don't even need a full backstory for your app. There should be something there, but you don't need to flesh out every little detail. You just want to give the DM an idea of how your character got to be who they are, and show off your writing skills a bit. If you make it in the game, that's when you can start getting really deep into the fine details, if you care to.

Doing it this way makes things easier on you and the DM.

Assuming what's meant is "use Spellstrike, and apply Vital Strike to the attack made via Spellstrike" instead of "can these be used together at all"?

Fucking go for it I guess? The only thing it can do is buff Str-users, because they'd benefit the MOST from it since size-ups are almost always accompanied by increased Str.

Well if we're talking newest app in the making... He needs to work on this thesis. Also home might have been a little... uh... happy to see him go because the hotlab experiments were getting mighty worrisome.

Wha? Why not?

You can literally set them up weeks in advance if you just do them. There's plenty of instruction on how to do them, and the results won't change at all.

In fact, making them in advance allows you to prepare it to make it more theatrical and with a better idea of what to tell your players!

I think my Harrowing was somewhat *okay* when I did mine for Lazy Throne.

youtube.com/watch?v=muCPjK4nGY4&t=83s

Anons I want to make an encounter based off of a haunted piano that talks like this

I don't know man.

any particular pawn collection have a lot of skellies and or zombies?

consider Zombicide?

What size would an Animated House count as?

Large? Horses are large creatures by default

user... Reread that.

House. Not horse.

Wait, what AST buffs? And I thought MNK are mostly ok?

>The only thing it can do is buff Str-users,
Any particular reason why it would do so?
Not that I'm doubting it, but considering it doesn't seem to have anything in particular to do with Str, it seems a tadiffy to me that it would buff specifically Str builds

It's gonna be UGE!

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/major-artifacts/dancing-hut-of-baba-yaga/

>Vital Strike benefits greatly from bigger weapons
>making yourself bigger can increase your weapon size too, usually
>this also increases your Str on top of increasing weapon die size for VS
>Spellstrike has nothing preventing you from twohanding, either, meaning you can Power Attack+Furious Focus
>Ergo Str gets the most bang for its buck out of Vital Strike

That. That's why.

Vital Strike is all about getting beeg for better damage dice, and getting big makes you +Str, -Dex.

>pfg not 100% degeneracy

Am I in an alternate reality or some shit?

The Morality Police have won. Public Decency is now strictly enforced.

Don't jinx it my man.

Yup. He's our chef now.

Too late!

Isn't Heritor Knight also good for Vital Striking with Maneuvers too?

So if I give one of my animated objects essentially a feat, is that more or less equivalent to a construction point?

I'd never trust an undead chef. They have terrible taste.

Are we talking just a little breather or should I take my jammies for proper sleepover?

A desire to collect as much gold and climb to the highest position possible on the social ladder. As to why he decided to do so on the road and not from his hometown? His sister kicked him out of their parent's house after she caught him fucking her best friend in her room.

He's a merchant by trade, so he'd probably set up a pawn shop of sorts.

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I like it. Just started working on my Short Form backstory about fifteen minutes ago. I think I should be able to meet the 3-6 limit pretty handily, though I'm omitting tons of detail and horror.

Just wanted to thank ReviewAnon2 for giving me some pointers on Metlee.

I'll be doing some last-minute work on her, and the comments about the adoption being last-minute and out of place was definitely true.

For what it's worth, I intended for her to be the party's Han Solo, only eventually doing the right thing after seeing the conviction of the other heroes.

You're doing god's work.

Definitely bring the jammies. I'd like to see you laid out all night.

Nightwalkers would snap back from pregnancy in a day or two after giving birth, right? Because of their inhuman healing abilities?

Tucker's Kobolds are a sub theme of the campaign. Each color of kobold will have their own gimmick.

Then one day they will face a coalition of all colors with their gimmicks perfectly synced.

So, how do you deal with Rakshasa?

With explosive force. They like subtlety. Their death will grant them none, if I can help it.

Don't.

I figured as much, for what it's worth.

1. The adoption doesn't *need* to be out of place, finding out Medhi had adopted her in secret to protect her from X/ensure she got his ship/whatever could be a super powerful moment, if you develop it.

2. That works, but even Han didn't have a super concrete goal. If Thrune offers Metlee her ship back somewhere around book 2-3, I see nothing that would convince her to stay.

Live and let live.

Who will you do next?

With good + piercing weapons.

Stab everyone you meet with this weapon

If they're hurt, they could be a Rakshasa. Keep hurting them until they die.

Kill them, and then when they come back, kill them again.

You suffer from Chronic Backstabbing Syndrome, don't you?

My GM touched me places I thought I could never be touched. I'm not pure anymore. I'm just old thrash.

My condolences, user-chan. Hopefully you'll meet a nice guy who'll see past the trash can and see the real you. Not me though.

I thought a lot of people liked old thrash metal.

I love you, user.

It's not fair. My PC deserved his good ending. He paid his debts to the deities but a Rakshasa who wanted the prestige of being related to a famous adventurer replaced his daughter for over a decade and I only got to find out in the next adventure with a new PC.

Rhea was next on my list unfortunately I lost a good deal of progress when the last thread was nuked, and a work emergency has come up.

It'll probably be an hour or two.

That makes one of us.

Gonna keep shilling some pewpew bang bang wild west action cause fuck, why not.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west

How do you feel about joint apps?

It's alright, user. I will shower you with love and respect no matter your past!

Now bend over and spread those cheeks.

So, what caused the old thread to be nuked?

lovers or siblings ?

Yes.

Both!

por que no los dos, mi amigo

I'm guessing the double new thread coupled with an overzealous janitor making sure there was only one /pfg/ on the catalogue.

Lovers

Odd partners.

If thats what people want to do its cool. I'm not anti-duo-app

Not going to lie, a sibling-spouse application for Kingmaker would be absurdly relevant.

WE INCEST NOW

Siblings

Also if I made this thing Colossal, is that limited to 30 ft size increment or is Colossal+ a thing in Pathfinder?

Step-siblings who's parents are cousins, reunited after five years apart and bloomed into the flower of adulthood.