Hail the new Queen of the Imperium of man edition

Hail the new Queen of the Imperium of man edition

previous thread:
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/clefchan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for BEEP BOOP

First for fuck off traitor

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SEIGED BY THE IRON WARRIORS

Posted in the last thread

I have some lore questions relating to this

What exactly are the details with the soul drinkers and chaos corruption. How can some stay loyal even with heavy corruption like spider legs

Does Cawl have a mustache? I never noticed that detail before.

Can Daemons win casually, or can they only win through cheese? A friend at my LGS plays daemons and I don't think I've ever seen him win a game. Is it just bad tactics on his part or do Daemons NEED summon spam or an incursion to be successful? I know Daemons are supposed to be god-tier but I don't think I've even seen a batrep where they win without summoning.

Boop beep beep beep boop?

>I2

Any army can win bar orks if you're compatent enough

>How can some stay loyal even with heavy corruption like spider legs

They think they are loyal to the Imperium, and yet refuse to see the fact that they have become extremely corrupted by the very thing they're trying to fight.

They're basically slightly-less-crazy Emperors Children who are unironically loyal.

It's cables coming out of his nose. Can see them on the model.

So yes, it's basically a mustache out of cables.

>legman

Things you hear at the LGS:

"Magnus and Be'Lakor aren't OP."

Reminder: Eldar are the most powerful race in the galaxy.

>humies

Magnus isn't op in a vacuum; it's all the other stuff that makes him bad

>Iron warriors are bad and too situational

It breaks my heart. I just wanna enjoy my dudes :(

Best armpits

Going back to Tau allies, what faction is complemented best by Tau ally group?

sauce?

Probably chaos demons, since they can't shoot for shit so having some actual ranged ability is a godsend for their army.

>Eldar
That is one weird ass way to spell Necron.

The fetuses of your mother's abortions

>"I went over the total a bit, hope thats okay"

Anybody who does this needs to be fucking euthanized

How does one fight a flying MC that usually has a 3++ rerolling 1s?

>They're basically slightly-less-crazy Emperors Children who are unironically loyal.

I'm not too familiar with Emperors Children lore or maybe I'm just a bit thick but what exactly do you mean by that.

2nd this

Guilliman confirmed for ass man

I sometimes ask my opponent if i can shove bolters to my IG Veteran Sergeants since they are modeled with them. Usually its fine and I allow him to take extra meltabomb or something useful.

Funnily enough I have many cases where that single Bolter has done something extra-ordinary. I remember Stormsurge dying to Monster Hunter Bolter.

Without warp charge support you can pretty much just ignore him.

High volume high strength fire preferably with skyfire.

It's bad, but keep in mind he's 650 points.

I think what we need is easier ways to ground FMC's, and a way for armies that aren't psychic heavy to counter psykers.

I'm kinda confused on the ruling on this: Does Authority of the Inquisition let me generate 2 warlord traits if my Inquisitor is my warlord anyways?

Leviathan Deredeo, get fucked nerds

It was just him and Be'Lakor and he killed half the board and still flung around multiple D shots all game.

Also
>Without warp charge support
The only time i can see that happening is under 1K points, which was what happened above.

Would look better with the missiles above imo.

It's a problem in killpoints, but he should lose hard in an objective game.

makes it too tall
I might try and remount the guns a little bit lower at some point

Yeah I figured something that could do with distanced support fire would be the answer
Thanks

Just got back from my first ever 'big tournament' for 40k this weekend. Had an absolute blast and played against several fun armies to boot.

"I really don't know why people say 'Orks are in a bad spot'. I've been playing them for years and, sure, they've been stronger before, but I really don't have that much trouble playing them or notice anything too bad."
*proceeds to lose his Gorkanaut turn 1, have a Trukk immobilized and lose 10 Boys against my Kataphrons and only manages to almost make a tie because he was able to get his Warboss into melee due to me having to cap a point in the middle of the field*

What did ya play? I also got back from my first ever tournament just yesterday.

I played Ynnari - dual Reborn Warhosts - finished 10 out of 57.

Looks like shit desu senpai

57!?

Why is that space elf wearing an Elizabethan dress over her black bodysuit?

Has she been shopping in the Imperium or something?

Is this a reasonable list in your opinion? I'm getting back into 40k and playing Thousand Sons. Will probably buy the models to build this list early next week and get started next weekend. Would love some feedback.

Especially if you could give advice on making the list more in line with the background. Not a fan of Tzaangors, but I needed bodies.

Yeah was a 60 person field - had 57 show up.

Well they say dress for the job you want, so I guess that's what she is doing there.

Is this shit gonna work out?

The mechanicus finds one of dorns weapons and the soul drinkers want it and they wont give it up because its some dark age tech they want to study. They attack the mechanicus and thats how they become renegades. While they are running they find tzeentch cultists that convince them they are worshipping the emperor and the chapter starts to join the cult, theres a schism and the ones that joined the cult kill the ones that didnt. Eventually they realize they are now chaos marines and try to turn back. They are hunted down by the fists and during their trial theres a daemonic incursion and they help defeat it while also dying to a man. For this they are secretly honoured by the chapter.

Thats how i remeber it anyway.

>Tl;dr they were duped and wanted to regain their honour

That says a lot more about kataphrons than it does about orks

I would lick her arm pits

what happened to my necrons?

They didn't all die, if I remember right three of them survived, at the end of the battle they decided to walk into the warp portal that had opened in the middle of the fists' ship to meet whatever fate was waiting for them on the other side and were never heard from again.

Well, he said that his Gorkanaut didn't survive a single turn against any of the other players either. Except the Imperial Guard dude, though that's just Imperial Guard also being bad.

The way you did the guns here looks fucking horrible.

I dont know all of the tzeentch stuff but if you dont like tzaangors you should probably ditch them for some other formation

Anyone know where i can get the latests audiobooks?

I know audiobookbay has some but some of the latest like Deathwatch: The Last Guardian ,The Art of Provocation , Dante etc. are not available. And some of the older ones arent there too like techpriest and skitarius

I also checked the mega links provided in the general but there are very few audiobooks there.

All memes aside, the gorkanaut is the high value target in that guys list, they put out a lot of shots that can do damage if left unchecked, any AT will go into that thing in any game.

I've never listened to any of the 40K audiobooks, which ones are good?

I'm always looking for something to listen to while painting minis.

While that is undeniably true, it should still be able to take a few pot-shots and not be popped off the table turn one in a small 850 tournament.

And it's hard to leave memes aside because he literally played Nobs in 'Nauts.

>that's just Imperial Guard also being bad

Say it to my side of the table in a 5000pt apoc game, bitch.

How's my list looking? Kinda wish I had something to replace the Dominus Maniple with since an Inquisitor working with the Admech is a bit anti-fluffy but whatever.

how should I do it better then fuckboi

>Man, it's absolute bullshit that Chaos get Autocannons while Loyalists don't.
>Chaos doesn't need the Horus Heresy stuff, they've got Chaos gifts and Marks to make up for it. Besides, they are less likely to have that sort of gear anyway, because they can't afford to maintain it.
>Necrons were better before GW completely rewrote their fluff to make them boring as hell. ["What about them was better before?"] They were just better. Now they've lost their personality and are just another generic bad guy race.

To top it all off,

>I personally think the Kia Soul is one of the best cars you can buy today for the price you pay. I'm so glad I got rid of that [2017 Ram 2500] I was driving before, because it was just a piece of garbage.

I wish I was making this shit up, but this guy...man, this fucking guy is a piece of work.

For those who don't understand the car one - a Kia Soul is a little hatchback that barely has enough room for a backseat, and is designed 100% for comfort over performance, whereas a 2017 Ram 2500, without getting into the hyper-violent shit-slinging fest that is the Truck Debate, is significantly nicer than a Kia Soul and infinitely more practical if you want to do anything or go anywhere, especially here in Houston where most locations are designed with larger vehicles in mind

*unzips his holy vibrator*

instagram.com/clefchan/

Almost all audio dramas are good because they are narrated by generally 4-5 different people and have a lot of production that goes on. (sound effects etc.) The bad ones are the exception and not the rule. That is the main reason i listen to them too. You get bored when painting and modelling.
As for audiobooks they are narrated by a single reader and can get funny sometimes ,especially when guys try to pull female voices. (It is not that bad but it gets funnier when they try to do two seperate female voices) but most of them are also good.
I would avoid unabridged books because since you would be multi-tasking it woudl be natural to lose track of what is gonig on in a 9-13 hour ride and you wont get anything from it in the end.

loyalists get autocannons on their tanks...

> Lives in Texas
> Whines about trucks

Kill yourself you redneck piece of shit.

Do you actually have that many servitors?

Eldar? Manlet pigs cant be eldar.

N-no. Not yet.
Unfortunately.

Kia Soul has a 10yr/10k mfg warranty. Dodge Ram has a FJCD transmission which will fail or need a reprogram within 3 years. Source - I am a service writer.

**10 yr/100k mfg warranty that should read.

So the next natural progression for the plot as we move into the 8th edition will be the adding of primarch tier units for each faction as well as revamping codices to try and unfuck them.

Hopefully Orks, Nids and Sisters get some shit.

Anyway, there was a mention of how a necron warfleet managed to breach the martian perimeter near the close of the 41st millennium, and dissapeared in the Noctis Labrynth.

How awesome would it be if they awaken the void dragon.

As longs as they handle awakening a dragon better than Guild Wars 2 did in this entire last Living Story season and most of the HoT side-plot, I'd be all for it.

>Cadian
>Doesn't have purple eyes
shit senpai

>those guard players who don't have tank commanders hanging out of their tank hatches, any identification marks or graffiti on their tank armour, or any baggage or tank riders

Can we agree GSC are the dwarves of 40k?

What? No, they have way more in common with Skaven.

I've never run this but how do you all think this list would fair in an average meta

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Dark Eldar: Codex (2014)) [1000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon [160pts]: Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Kabalite Armour, Shadow field, Soul-trap, Splinter Pistol, The Animus Vitae

+ Elites +

Incubi [145pts]: 4x Incubi
·· Venom: Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn [165pts]
·· Kabalite Trueborn
·· Kabalite Trueborn
·· Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon: Blaster

Kabalite Trueborn [160pts]
·· Kabalite Trueborn
·· Kabalite Trueborn
·· Kabalite Trueborn
·· Trueborn with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
·· Trueborn with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [190pts]
·· 9x Kabalite Warrior
·· Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models): Splinter cannon
·· Raider: Disintegrator cannon, Night Shields, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks

Kabalite Warriors [180pts]
·· 9x Kabalite Warrior
·· Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models): Splinter cannon
·· Raider: Disintegrator cannon, Night Shields, Splinter Racks

++ Total: [1000pts] ++

...dude if you think a Kia Soul is a better car than a new Ram Limited 4x4 full-cab with an 8' bed, a 6.4L V8 Hemi, and the full interior package, in a place that is designed around the idea that most people drive trucks (and therefore the size of the vehicle is not much of a concern), I've got some snake oil I'd like to sell you.

That's like a $60K truck, compared to...a Kia Soul.

Happy now?

>Miners
>Miners with hammers
>Dig underground
>Dug too deep found something they shouldn't
>(Squats were miners)

praise be to you, thank you

So, what would be a nicely fluffy and effective list to build around a Custodes primary detachment, now that we have rules leaks?

>Kia Soul has a 10yr/10k mfg warranty. Dodge Ram has a FJCD transmission which will fail or need a reprogram within 3 years
>10K

Is that supposed to be impressive? That's like a year of driving for most people here in Texas given the size of the state.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this was a full-package truck that he got for free. This was basically a $60K truck he got for free as a graduation present, he sold it for $20K and got a fucking Kia. A KIA. When he had the truck FOR FREE.

The formation buffs aren't really worth it imho. But I think you should run either tzaangors or cultists for bodies.

Not reaper autocannons I hope

They do now, on Tartaros Terminator Armor.

Though I'm willing to allow them that one, as the autocannon literally comes on the sprue. It'd be BS to force them to "pay" for something they couldn't even use on the tabletop when buying it

WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MF DO

>fluffy and effective
>custodes
:^)

>tfw no Tartaros Terminator Captain
FUCK

So 40K people, I hopped over from HHG to ask if anyone here has the 'codex' for Custodes and/or Sisters of Silence yet?

I still need to learn the rules for this edition anyway, so it's no rush, but just wondering?

First for the Orks!

No one?

>tfw no Tartaros Terminators for Chaos

Hooray for hourserules~