What is the best Fallout PnP? Which system does it utilize...

What is the best Fallout PnP? Which system does it utilize? I'm looking for something for a smaller group where I'll be a DM. We've only played 5e of DnD, but I'm familiar with Vampire 20th anniversary and 3.5 DnD, and one of the players has played few sessions of 4e.

Other urls found in this thread:

savagefallout.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look up Deadlands: Hell on Earth

Looks weird, is it any good? where could I even find a core book?

Big Apple Wasteland was a good homebrew.

>We've only played 5e of DnD, but I'm familiar with Vampire 20th anniversary and 3.5 DnD
There's a couple, depending on how deep you want to look. If you're looking for very close thematics and familiar mechanics, then you want Exodus. It's literally Fallout d20 with the trademark swapped out.

On the plus side, Exodus should be innately familiar to you and it plays it very close to Fallout lore. On the downside, it's still vaguely d20 Modern, which is not the best system to be used with settings set post-industrial revolution.

D20 Modern itself has a post-apocalyptic supplement. While I would personally avoid d20 Modern itself, the random tables in that supplement are pretty useful regardless of system.

If you want very rules-lite but thematically stout, there is Apocalypse World. Some people like it, and it does have nice narrative mechanics, but it's not for everyone. That being said, because of how vague the mechanics are, it's actually a good base for a few third-party books that deal with villages/towns and base building.

Finally, I'm personally quite fond of Mutant Epoch. It's a bit more broad than what you may be looking for, but it's a fairly robust and interesting/silly system that is properly gritty/anal about keeping track of your shells and loot in a post-apocalyptic setting. It's quite flexible and very thematically appropriate for a Fallout setting (especially FO1 or 2). The system's not for everyone though, especially people who want to have 'balanced' characters in a party.

You can find all of these (or at least, core books for each) in the Master Archive, in its own thread on these boards

Thanks, I've heard of Exodus, I'll try to learn more about it. But isn't there any PnP that tries to implement the SPECIAL system? Or some sort of homebrew that puts 5e into Fallout world?

Pic related. An oldie, but goldie.

Ran my group through "Fallout Detroit a couple years back. We used this and had a grand ol time.
savagefallout.blogspot.com/

The Fallout GURPS one is something I'm partial too, but that's probably just because I was pumped about a GURPS video game and still feel cheated.

I ran a Fallout game in FATE once. It's pretty easy to get into, and it's not hard to learn.

Here you go sir.

Im currently running a campaign using this system right. It's kind of weird in some ways, but otherwise it's straight ripped out of the CD onto the book.

I have never played GURPS, and it's pretty daunting, but I would really like to learn how to play it.
Oh, thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. And it uses unaltered SPECIAL, neat.

The nice thing about this, is that it's so short and just filled with tables. It's got alot of room for making the rest of the gear, and skills can be absolutely ridiculous(they apparently go up to 250%...)

It's very good. The original books come up on ebay for pretty cheap or its not top hard to find pdfs.

Its a dice pool system, but if that turns you off there's always Deadlands HoE Reloaded that uses Savage Worlds.

That's cool, I like unbalanced characters.
Oh, no, dice pool system can be very good if it's implemented well.

2nding this one

I enjoyed Retrocalypse.

And of course if you are from THE COUNTRY OF GOD you have NEUROSHIMA THE GREATEST SYSTEM ON EARTH that NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY for SOME REASON

Neuroshima wcale nie jest taka super

yes. you have to factor a lot of penalties into most rolls, so having over 100% is what you need to just actually be routinely good at something.

example? if it's a cloudy day, you get a -10% to accuracy. Just for clouds. if you're moving, you get a -40%. so suppose you're trying to shoot a guy in a car on a cloudy day?

partial cover from the car, (-50%), clouds, (-10%) and moving quickly (-40%)?

you literally have a 1-10% chance to hit them if your shooting stat is at 100. and that's because criticals hit no matter what.

O tym wlasnie mowie geju. Jest zjebana. Obsralbym kazdego pojeba, ktory gra w to chujstwo.

This is essentially a modified version of

This one sucks

This one is at least playable