Hours Heresy General /hhg/

Big Black Custodian edition!

>READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Old Thread is old, long live the New Thread!

First for the ninth.

2nd for the 12th.

I just want to shoot another thanks to the user who gave us HH7: Inferno. I was looking online for a really high quality version of the OP pic, and the one in the .pdf is essentially the best out there.

Anyone have any recommendations on what colours you'd use to get that scheme down on your models? I'm not that good at judging it by eye.

I see. And how long would it take to build up a force like that compared to something like 40k? I can imagine that its a bit more expensive than other games, unless you use recasts.

Like, say I wanted to build a up a force, and introduce it to others who play 40k, or just use my army against 40k armies straight up. How long would it take to do that? Currently, I am interested in the Night Lords as my legion of choice, loyalist if possible. I want to bring bloody justice upon the traitors.

Points in 30k tend to be higher than 40k in general, so getting to 3000 isn't quite as much effort although the extra cost of the models offsets that.

Really depends on what kind of list you want to run, try reading up on the Night Lords rules and some other tactical advice on them and map out what you may be interested in building.

30k tends to be fairly weak compared to 40k since it lacks formations and only has one force org chart allowed.

Loyalist night lords are totally allowed and all you'll miss are the named characters

3000 points in 30k is like 1250 or 1500 points in 40k. An army with like 1 primarch, 20 marines, 10 terminators, a big dread and some vehicles is already 3000.

6th legion best legion also Raven Guard are alright I guess

Their legion was stronger because of their small sizer but the warriors were the best. Even the Lexi states this

That's straight from Inferno my nigga. Sorry. Their bark was worse than their bite.

>the warriors were the best

When every legion has the best warriors, no one does. And your source for that is Lexicanum?

fuck off traitors reeeee

>implying only traitors hated the Space Wolves

every fucking Legion spazzed out because of what your moronic Primarch did on Prospero

He did what needed to be done. Even the Emperor said so to Malcador in privet, face it no one liked you Magnus

>tfw the Emperor orders you to kill your thunder legionary comrades but you let them go instead

Trying to figure out an easy way of mounting the magnets to the arms and weapons in light of lacking the right sized drill bit.

That's my kind of user.

Exchange money, goods or services of equivalent worth for the right sized drill bit.

And as such, the Emperor, most powerful entity in the galaxy came to be known not as a benevolent ruler, but a malevolent and merciless lord of bloody handed judgement.

writefaggotry when

Outcast dead? Arik monologues about his final confrontation with the Emperor who let him go instead of slaying him.

But Magnus fucked up big time he kind of deserved it

>official records state Thunder Warriors all died
>official records note a significant surge in Custodes numbers since launching the Great Crusade outside Terra's orbit

Pretty obvious what happened.

No one is defending Magnus in this thread, wolfman.

Was that ever in doubt? The narrator says over and over the Emperor is not kind and the Crusade is violent and bloody. There's a reason the Emperor tells you not to call him a god. Do you think "compliance" and "bringing to heel" worlds via an entire Imperial Crusade is some kind of frolicking in a meadow picnic meeting?

It was always in doubt. Hundreds of thousands die to a psychic experiment on the Throneworld and the Emperor merely wants Magnus arrested and brought to trial on Judge Judy. Just one little instance.

You seem to be siding with him against the Emperor

You seem to be siding with the Primarch equivalent of a college jock with brain problems.

>kind of
>seem to
have some conviction you pussy

I'm siding with the Emperor. Care to remind me of his words at Nikea again?

>moving the goal posts to a different planet

are you fucking kidding me

Holy fuck Magnus, how much you gonna play the victim card? Also you ran out of buzz words to use

Can you both shut up? It's clear the Horus was actually a good guy, only corrupted by his religousfag brother. If only he had listened when he was told to stop sperging out.

Religion. Not even once.

Rabid atheism is also a form of religion. It shares all the same dogmas, prejudice, and irrationality of any theistic practice. The only true path is The Way of Not Giving a Shit.

>decide to get into 30k
>time to decide on a legion
>probably Alpha Legion because operator memes and god-tier iconography
>but wait, Ultramarines appeal to the Romeaboo in me
>Iron Warriors have that brutal bare metal warmachine look
>maybe White Scars because I like to go fast and the cultured barbarian thing is fun

Choosing is suffering. I just like them all.
Except Word Bearers. Lorgar a shit.

Thinking of painting IF.

Is a good way to do this using Averland Sunset as a base, Yriel Yellow as a layer, washing in Serpahim Sepia, and then lightlightly highlighting Screaming Skull?

Paint them as Ultramarines with snake iconography, now they are UM or AL when you want them. Add WS/IW to come up with a traitor shattered legion force.

I can give you the recipe for this lovely yellow. It's a bit more of a dark golden yellow than normal, but I loves it.

God damn it phone.

Please and thank you.

Prime white. Several layers of property thinned Vallejo 'heavy goldbrown' until you have a uniform basecoat, then line recesses, seams, and panel lines with agrax earthshade. Go back with the base color and touch up your lines anywhere the wash ran over, and then for highlights I used a 50/50 mix of the base color and P3 Menoth White Highlight. It's a really weird creamy off-white that gives it a little more of a bright yellow hue rather than a bright gold.

Following this, I'm still going to try for a bit darker recesses around the chest and head, but that's my method thus far and it makes for a very deep golden yellow.

Here's how it looks on a smaller model with more of a drybrushy highlighting method.

Forgive all the sideways phone pics. I'm at work.

cute bird

is that from the sigmarine scout dudes?

Sure.

The issue I have with being a totalitarian is when the plot has morphed into the Emperor being a totalitarian that intended for the Hors Heresy to happen all along. It defeats the setting whole handedly.

There's no surprise, suspense or even awe at the galactic civil war if it was "Just as Planned"

That's the issue, the Emperor being a sentimental sod is stupid but far superior to the new appalling lore that would have him instead be smote by Horus so he could eat souls and become a god ten thousand years in the future.

But before anyone suggests that height not have been powerful enough to Best Horus in the initial stages of their duel, don't forget that at the death of a mortal he erases Horus from existence, with such might that the Gods themselves bail out.

That is a White Scars cyber hawk, sir.

...and yes. My combi-plasma seekers just chase it around all game.

If a unit has outflanking and jumps in a transport before deployment that isn't a dedicated transport vehicle can the unit still outflank?

Is there a reason why the format of the pic goes retarded wen posting from a phones library?

Because Veeky Forums strips the phone metadata trbrtying the pic to its original orientation. If you reorient then crop a photo that should lock it in place.

Having just finished master of mankind yesterday, the whole abloobloo about ADB saying the emperor had "just as planned" the heresy is complete bullshit. There is actually a passage in there where he makes a distinct point to Ra Endemyion about how future sight allows him to see the goals, the path to reach those goals is difficult and ever changing from countless millions of variables. It's actually a pretty well-written passage. I'll see if I can screencap it once I can get to my tablet.

>free hand paint scratches

witnessed

Anyone tried planting LED for vehicles and stuffs? How did it go?

Anyone know if there's a rebreather/mask bits like that? with teeth and stuff.

Is that an Iron Warrior?

Size looks better than I thought it'd be, based on the GW images. Still got to figure out what sort of cyber familiar my militia commander will get, and bird just jumped up a bit.

Generally dislike those. it's a lot of work and effort for an effect that's mostly annoying and kinda cheapens any work you put into it.

Unless you go full hog retard with it.

The dread wear and tear are freehand. Druss's armor was pretty dinged up on the stock model, but his arms are plastic. He's actually recently been re-equipped with a boarding shield to roll with my breachers. The axe and fist were kind of redundant.

Ok good, because I was just parroting what a few individuals had said prior, that combined with the imminent Age of Sigmaring of 40k I wouldn't have put it past GW to be like.

"Hum, he was NEVER A RETARD, JUST AS PLANNED BAHAHAHAHA"

Do you recommend the read?

I can post some size comparisons when I get home. The bird on the falconer's glove bit is PERFECT on a MkIII marine.

I think a boarding shield on a plain centurion is an underrated addition to tactical/assault/bike blobs for dem defensive grenades, good choice.
He'll stand out.

No, its a Thunder Warrior, do you not see the muddled overly weathered armor there? Is it not apparent enough Frenon?

Nah, seeing it next to the bikes is good enough for me.

Next time I do any bits ordering I'll probably get a bird.

...I'm still gonna.

Do it Brunon. You have mein support.

He deserved to be used as a battery and band-aid to fix the mess he made, not the sweet release of death.
Russ was a wasteful and inconsiderate berzerker not fit for command, and I'd request he be detained the same way Magnus was going to be, but at least Magnus would be of some use.
Remove Space Wolves, they're the Word Bearers of Loyalists

SISTERS WITH POWER AXES WHEN

Fuck off. We're talking about birds now.

>Thunder Warriors in MkIII

Fuck Bird Wearers :^)

MKIII is MKII with additional armor plating. MKII is obtained and in some instances turned into MKIII.

The end.

>Excruciatus Cadre can buy unspecified "Power weapons"
>So do Prosecutors
>Oblivion Knights can literally swap their -1 Paragon Blades for Power Axes
I suppose you're talking about the models themselves.
Eh, can't be longer than what bitterbois waited for their Tyrants.
OR CAN IT :^)

>MKIII is MKII with additional armor plating
Too bad Thunder Warriors used MKI, a partially-powered armour that wasn't even void-proof

>When the Emperor shows glimmers of benevolence

Too bad you leapt straight into Armor autism rather than asking me what sort of narrative I have created.

It's not really irrational. Normal religions will tell you, do X and don't do Y because that's what God wants, maybe. You have no way of knowing if that is true or not, though. Atheism on the other hand will tell you specifically to not be religious because the historical record shows that religion fucks a lot of things up.

I'll bite.
Why is that Thunder Warrior wearing MkIII? I mean, sure, his old MkI shirt isn't battleworthy anymore and can only be used as pajamas, and he obviously knows BEST ARMR when he sees it...but why is he wearing it?

can someone explain to my why Vexillas are better on bigger units? Doesn't bigger unit size means that it would need more casualties for the vexilla to even matter?

It's psychological - smaller percentage of the unit's cost. Also more likely to survive after taking a bunch of casualties vs. the 10 man squad just getting wiped out.

You're missing that user's point. Being atheist yourself can be product of a rational decision.
But elevate it to FANATISM tier and you become Stalin, and the guy didn't even conquer Earth.
It's fanatism what shits up stuff, since most religious tennets can be reduced to "Try to not be a shitty person for once", which is the path of giving a healthy amount of shit.

After all, I think the (30k) Imperium does respect individual faith Pious is catholic as long as you:

>Do not actively oppose Compliancy, the Emperor, the Imperium, His subjects, the Great Crusade and Human Supremacy
>Do not engage in proselitist activities
>Do not adore the Emperor as a god. You may, however, venerate Him as an example of what humanity should strive to be even if He's not a human like you and me Focus on the good aspects please

So my boy here is a first generation Thunder Warrior, through trial by combat he has EARNED a suit of MKIII Power Armor from the limited stores of this Thunder Warrior Warband.

Arik managed to create a functional Thunder Warrior progenoid and through out the duration of the Crusade has been building up his force of Thunder Warrior Blackshields.

He has worn it in numerous void conflicts against the Emperor and his servants.

>Arik managed to create a functional Thunder Warrior progenoid and through out the duration of the Crusade has been building up his force of Thunder Warrior Blackshields.
Is that thing still canon now that Inferno has been released?
MkIII shall serve them well, one of the few armours that can keep up with their pace.
I guess.
I'm sleepy
But that's heresy user-kun. Don't be a heresy. You've outlived your usefulness, accept your death :^)

What do ya'll think about my list?

Within the black books its confirmed that there where after the Custodes culled the Thunder Warriors.

It now being confirmed doesn't remove that other piece of information coming from the same source.

Between Arik escaping with a functional Progenoid Gland and the Thunder Warriors dying 1-5 against the War Hounds, I'm sure there is some relation or overlap there.

I'm atheist, and I've met other atheists who just won't shut up about it. They're obsessed, dogmatic, and prejudiced. Irrational is more up for debate. But anyway, it's the "obsessed" part that's the problem. Lorgar needed something to be obsessed about and that was never going to end well.

Have some chill dudes instead.

>Progenoid Glan
Did the Thunder Warriors have this? As a temporary tool to be disgarded, it doesn't make sense in my opinion.

No, Arik Taranis made one out of World Eater geneseed that was compatible with the Thunder Warrior genetic material, IE Thunder Warrior Progenoid Gland.

Or geneseed, some other user got me all fucked up when the two are synonymous

Anyone have any good ideas for Stake-Crossbow bits for the SoS command squad? There's the new 40k inquisitor, but that's a combi-weapon and I'd need five of them since I want to run it on the whole squad (mostly because it's a free upgrade to have a S5 bolter instead of 18" assault 2 4+ poison).

If I had to guess may Maxifoux might have something but I no basically nothing about that game. Basically, we're looking for a relatively modern-looking crossbow that hopefully has some other contrivances like a curved box magazine or an optical scope.

Your damocles has essentially no usage at all, Mortis-Naughts get very little usage from a havoc launcher since you cant hit flyers with blasts and a s5 blast is kinda useless. At 3000 points you're very light on AA with only a contemptor. Your heavy support is good, but you have no CC squad you want to put Perty into-and he will never, ever make back a third of his points without a retinue, and gives very little to this army overall. I would either build more around pert, or more around artillery, since atm you're trying to do both and that'll never work. Consider dropping Pert and your Damocles, and bringing either a bunch more quad launchers and another tac squad to do the objective game, or a fellblade/glaive/typhon/something shooty

No twenty man blobs with Apothecaries? Are you crazy user? You have only five dudes to walk among-st the shells as they detonate upon thine enemy. YOU ARE A FOOL.

On a side note maybe I will play Loyalists.

Who knows.

I kek'ed.

You do know He is worshipped by the people of Imperium as a god right? And while it might vary from planet to planet, largely He "came to be known" as a benevolent protector.

This is 30k frenon, not 40k, here we follow the Imperial TRUTH. Not the Imperial FAITH.

TRUTH /-/ FAITH

YOU DECIDE

Space Wolves:
>go fast and are barbaric
>are grey, so you could paint them metallic
>are sorta like barbarians under the heel of rome
>have many, many memes

Inquisitor greyfax's crossbow would be perfect.

you'd want to shave the sigmar bits off, but..