Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How come /pfg/ hardly has any archers in its apps for Roll20 games? Is it because archery is great in Paizo only but not really supported by 3pp stuff like PoW or avowed?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
youtube.com/watch?v=BNDnoWMyJ8M
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/pale-stranger/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
youtu.be/Ua0zMsDiAyg
docs.google.com/document/d/1HQDdqMaRxAEJC0b6nHyEGaVrbzhO0_izYBJHcc_qRZ0/edit?usp=sharing
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's a good age for a character to be viciously raped by her husband and impregnated with a demon baby?

Killing yourself my dude

>staring a thread with false flag trolling

Somebody link me Legacy of Blood and Fire, if you get the chance. I love that shit.

PLD has brought such a lovely crowd to /pfg/

Nope. Basic shit like Raise Dead doesn't do anything of the sort. You can still Res or True Res a guy whose old body is currently a skeleton.

Yeah but you can just cast Celestial healing like three or four times and you're fine again.

It's time to stop.

>How come /pfg/ hardly has any archers in its apps for Roll20 games? Is it because archery is great in Paizo only but not really supported by 3pp stuff like PoW or avowed?

Pretty much. It also tends to be a very static playstyle ('I take a 5' step and full attack' every round forever).

Could be anywhere from her late teens to early thirties.

Personally? Make her 23; young, beautiful and ready to be a lovely wife and caring mother, her future was torn from her with a demonic child ruining her womb and the scars of an oversized monster ravaging her.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

" The state of undeath is considered a severe moral crime as it violates both a person's body and soul."

From 'Black Markets'

But then if undead can spawn naturally how can we say that they're truly "unnatural"?

Also if raising basic undead didn't do anything with a person's soul then why would Pharasma actually care?

Dropping this in the new thread too.

>Corrupted Modulation
>Prerequisites: Aether pulse class feature, at least one modulation clause known, avowed level 3rd.
>Benefit: Choose one modulation clause you know. Whenever you use that modulation with your aether pulse (including alongside a shape), you can choose to gain additional corruption to overcharge it. If you do, your aether pulse deals an additional die of damage, plus one further die of damage per 5 caster levels you posses. In addition, you take corruption equal to the number of dice of damage your base aether pulse would inflict, including the additional dice provided by this feat.

>If your aether pulse deals damage dice equal to your caster level (such as from a second-selection aether blast), the overcharged modulation instead adds twice as many additional dice of damage. This additional damage does not increase the amount of corruption you receive.

>In addition, your aether pulses using the selected modulation (regardless of whether or not you altered its function with this feat) ignore resistance to its damage, and creatures that would normally be immune take half damage instead of none.

>Special: Whenever you gain access to a new grade of clauses, you may choose to change this feat's selected modulation to another one you know (including one you just learned). You may combine this feat with overcharge modulation; if you do so, calculate the corruption you take from this feat before adding the additional damage dice the overcharge modulation provides.

I added in a note so that it doesn't punish blasters more than shape users but functions properly for both. Assuming this looks good I'm gonna grab it for Adalicia I think.

Thanks. I'm shooting an app this way just as soon as I get done with my cute, teenaged demon-rape victim app for Planned Light Domination.

Pharasma cares, its a violation of the soul

And all undead are evil by nature, so maybe creating a bunch of horrifying monsters who have instilled in them an instinct to tear apart all living things is.. Bad.

Personal favorite to listen to while workign on my notes for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=BNDnoWMyJ8M

See, you're a helpful dude. All these other guys just bitched, but you gave me good advice. Is low 20s really better than that late teens First Marriage age? You gave a pretty good pitch already, but I'm still on the fence.

it already made it to the page user

>Hype for the idea of running my game bi-weekly for two alternating groups
>Key player who has helped me put this all together has zero interest in the game if it's bi-weekly
>People are excited for the bi-weekly idea so I don't want to disappoint them
>Don't want to disappoint key player
>Both options are going to make me feel like fucking trash

Whyyyyyyy

>tfw I've made two archer apps for /pfg/ games under different names

How many cute boys will be in this game? Because I feel like that's a relatively untapped niche.

Except there's nothing in the rules about that.

A skeleton is just a skeleton. It does not have or possess a soul. Only intelligent undead have or are souls, and even THOSE aren't necessarily the soul of the original creature. Only in certain circumstances is this a thing, like Liches.

So you know, when you raise a Phantom Armor? You're not pulling a guy's soul back down from heaven. You're CREATING A SOUL WHOLESALE OUT OF NEGATIVE ENERGY.

Ignoring the possible answer of 'Paizo a shit'...

The aforementioned would be a good reason why. Because you're saying 'fuck the system' and making souls out of negative energy.

Undead don't have to be evil. There's some nonevil ones. And I mean one could just cast Celestial Healing a few times and they'd be right as rain! Heck, even a Devil could do that! They'd still have the Evil subtype, but they themselves would still be Good!

>PLD is ostensibly dark souls inspired
>nobody has applied as this fun-loving rascal yet

Edna is kind of a dick and seems like a control freak.

Clearly, the only choice is to run two bi-weekly games with alternating groups AND one weekly game.

I honestly think you should run the single group weekly with the player you want in. I mean you might displease some of /pfg/ for doing that and making it clear choices are being made with the background in mind, but as a DM your biggest responsibility is making the game enjoyable for yourself.

The idea of having two bi-weekly groups to satisfy so many players might be nice but you'll still get the same amount of sessions personally with just one. Long term issues like drop outs or simply coming to prefer your A-team are possible. Just keep it easy for yourself.

A possible compromise though. Run one group weekly with your key player, run a second group bi-weekly if you really need to. But I do think you should just run one weekly if there's someone you want in.

See you say that but any undead that are manually created are made to do the bidding of the person who created them, and if they aren't intelligent undead then they don't get any kind of saves to resist your will. Therefore it doesn't matter if they "have an inherent hatred of the living", if I want to raise a zombie then have it give me and my crew massages, and nothing else, then that's what it's going to do.

I mean, Edna is 2hu so...

Because being Patches is significantly less amusing once you take a monster horse dick up your ass and mind break.

Rape Horse when??

I'm gonna be a Myrmidon Lore Warden Fighter. I plan on using a Dueling Sword. Should I go Mithral Current and Scarlet Throne. I'm having a hard time deciding.

The other discipline I am focusing on in Golden Lion if that effects the recommendation.

The plan is either Mithral Current or Scarlet Throne is my focus and Golden Lion is my secondary. The focus with be about 60/40. Since I'm a fighter I can afford to spend feats on Advanced Study and the like.

Also is there a guide somewhere for the full list of things that interact with the Dueling Sword. I found the Sword Lord PrC, but it doesn't play well with initiating, and I found a number of feats that help, but it seems like there are a bunch of odds and ends knocking about.

Please don't call people out, if I wanted to make this a petty attempt to point fingers I would have done so in my original post.

That explains why they quizzed me in discord about what kind of avowed I was planning to build

Edna literally posted publicly on your thread on the matter

/pfg/, do you guys like shipping? Because I have an important shipping question for you all!

>not kicking people into rape pits for fun
>not turning tail and fleeing the moment things turn against the PCs
>not setting sail on the grandest ruse cruise of all time

And now you suffer
Not because you disserve it, but because you wanted to make as many people happy as you could.

Don't really have any advice, but good luck. And remember that some people apply to games with the assumption that the meeting listed in the listing is final.

How viable is it in Pathfinder to play as a Dragon without Polymorph abilities?

user you just ask the fucking question and it the thread falls apart for it what the fuck ever.

Hey guys

Have you ever wanted to fight

A spooky skeleton cowboy. d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/pale-stranger/

You might actually get this chance in WWW

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west

have some fantasy weird !not america fun

youtu.be/Ua0zMsDiAyg

So hey. I've started fiddling with Armorist, fixing it up in a few places, and I'm looking for some feedback on it, as well as some potential ideas for Arsenal Tricks and Advanced Techniques.

TL;DR, Arsenal Tricks are for the bigger things, and Advanced Techs are for smaller quality of life things, or things that would be nice but not worth spending an Arsenal Trick on.

It's not finished yet, but some changes that immediately come to mind are things like staves being available for binding at 4th, and summoning weapons is the same as drawing them, so things like quickdraw or Improved Quickdraw affect it.

I'm also gonna go rewrite Blaster once I'm done with this.

docs.google.com/document/d/1HQDdqMaRxAEJC0b6nHyEGaVrbzhO0_izYBJHcc_qRZ0/edit?usp=sharing

Love it.

It's the best.

You're still going to get raped yourself, and if you actively try to avoid ever getting raped you just won't get into the game at all, you literally can't play if you won't fuel the DM's fucking rape fetish.

Depends on your tastes, I suppose. There's a pretty wide variety of menfolk (pic related, for one) and a fair few women.

As a rule though, "cute" as in "trap" is going to be few and far between.

>getting killed off immediately afterwards

who are we shipping

>not getting spared because you're one of the best merchants

There's probably a few 3pp resources that can help you do that.

Also, that's not a dragon.

I just want to know what character from Puella and what character from LoBaF would make for the cutest couple.

>few and far between
More than expected.

Make her late teens if she's a city girl or some part of the nobility (even if it's merely local) while early 20s for a rural woman.

Is this the voluptuous Paladin girl with high-con? Was her vicious rape what encouraged her to become a Paladin?

>impossibleshipping

Fuck that

I ship. What do you want to know?

>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/pale-stranger/

Oh man, Pale Stranger is fun. Made one with a few Gunslinger levels, and gave it the ability to take several rounds to line up its Stranger's Shot against multiple targets.

"It's High Noon~"

I'm not talking traps; that's silly. I'm just talking lithe youths with lust in their eyes and impure thoughts in their hearts, you feel me?

In what world is that a dragon.

That looks like whatever the fuck Beast from Beauty and the Beast is.

it looks like a mix between that and a GW2 Charr

>posted oh your thread

You mean the place where It Should Be. Not everything needs to be brought back here.

Just focus on the gm asking a question/wants to vent a personal moral struggle.

I only have pictures of Human sized dragons, I know you can play those. Thanks.

She's part of the nobility, and yes, this is indeed the voluptuous Paladin girl with High CON. Her vicious rape was an important formative experience, though it's really the acts of other characters that encourage her to become a Paladin despite the vicious rape.

See

Guy who only played 5e here. My LGS that I just found runs Pathfinder games every wednesday. What should I expect if I want to get into it?

autism

Monster rape.

Make her 23; she got ravished at 17, had the kid-monster at 18, spent a while broken and depressed, and then got her life together at 21 and spent the next two years becoming a Paladin.

Also, what do you mean her "first" marriage?

I will be running a Spheres of Might playtest game once the full playtest is released soon. Since N. Jolly would prefer "mid-range" optimization rather than high-end optimization, I have implemented some measures and restrictions to better enforce such a power level for characters.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified

Of note is that the schedule has opened up. In UTC+0, these are the available time frames:

• Sundays: 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Mondays: 12:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Tuesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Wednesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Thursdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Fridays: 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

Additionally, I have opened up a thread in the Roll20 listing for general interest.

Despite a lot of general discussion on both games, neither of them have managed to put out a single meme character. Maice and Lysander are the only Puellas I've seen mentioned, and the same goes for Gamze and Sakara. Incidentally I think Maice and Gamze have the same player.

I think Maice is the only one there with any hinted interest in romance, so I guess her with someone from Legacy?

You need to figure out what they're playing first, since it could be anything from an AP (good) to Society (get away.)

they don't need one, PLD is a fucking meme

Huh, cool.

I meant that First Potential Marriage Age range, in which the fictional character was able to be married for the first time in their fictional life. I realize that was kind of vague.

I like your advice, too. Thanks a bunch, user.

I've seen a handful of other mentioned semi-often. Keli, Bon-Bon, and Cashmere, mainly.

Sakara is apparently having a crisis of identity, so the PLD character would have to be someone that really wants to inspire and help people.

Oh! Well if she was desirable than the marriage range for a noblewoman was 16-25.

Always glad to help!

Kinda what I was working with. I figured she'd end up with this first marriage at 16, because she had a savvy family, but her eccentric husband went over the line and Tomed Up, and things got weird, and loads of people died.

New plan! Whoever kills the Ogre will be crowned champion!

Secondarily I strongly feel as a reasonable solution. Everyone who was fine with being in a bi-weekly game can join that one and hey, maybe I will even run it on consecutive weeks now and then if time, planning and focus permits. This feels like a suitable compromise between the two.

So is 2hu just getting an automatic in for this game?

Is there a way to play a barbarian with a familiar? Not an animal companion, but a full-on familiar that never goes above small size.

I want to play a cute girl with the world's angriest housecat.

You can be a Bloodrager.

It sounds like you need to corner this "key player" and rape them to show dominance. The DM always controls shit, not some vain player bitch. Maybe some rough butt love will show them who's boss.

I figured they got name dropped but never discussed. I might've missed it though. All very cute, but the pickings might be slim on Legacy side even with /u/. Interesting characters but I think the app format makes them harder to grasp and the lack of lewd leaves them way more down to Earth than most lists.

Actually, I bet Lysander would be down to bang a snake so we can start there. Might be too easy of a couple though, like, I don't know if they'd have any shenanigans.

I may be overthinking this.

Kinda. They helped construct a great deal of it, I'm interested in having them as a player and I like their character concept. I mean there's a chance that it might not pan out that way but it's pretty slim.

I'm sorry if you're an applicant and this leaves you feeling upset, betrayed or cheated.

Next Up Is... Rhea.

Rhea! Rhea! Rhea!

>Little barbarian girl wants to be a hero!
>Trains for years to accomplish her goal
>Helped by an unnamed mentor
>Spends a while doing minor heroic shit.
>Meets an unnamed friend (Gonna call them Toiletbowl)
>Toiletbowl is traveling to Kintargo, and informs Rhea of the shit going down there
>Rhea hears about martial law being declared, travels to Kintargo to find Toiletbowl
>Finds things are better than expected, but no sign of her shiny porcelain friend.
>Rhea vows to solve the mystery!

An idealistic wanderer gets in over her head, and dragged into the birth of a rebellion.

Good:
A missing friend gives her an immediate and strong connection to the plot.

An outsider's perspective, and one not even from Cheliax, provides some unique storytelling angles.

Oh god, someone who's not a skill monkey!

Bad:
NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! Toiletbowl is a major, major part of the bacsktory does has no name. Why?

Where is she from? A character from the Land of the Linnorm Kings is different from a Shoanti which is different from a Bekyar which is different from... etc, etc. A tiny bit about her culture would be great.

Personality is kind of generic; she needs an x-factor, something to differentiate her from other characters.

>Appeal 4/10, some potentially interesting plot threads, but nothing makes me want to see those plot threads explored.
>Backstory 3/10, BORING. The culture shock could be a worthwhile angle, but her culture is never mentioned.
>Compatibility 7/10, I can't see anyone have problems with her personalitywise, and being a tanky melee fighter sets her apart from the Bards.
>Rebeloscity 8/10, an outsider clashing with a culture she doesn't understand, to save someone she barely knows.

BARD COUNTER: 1

Up Next, Noel!

VMC Wizard or Witch maybe.

DHB's GM here again. Had a side session for DHB today, a sort of session 0 he and one other player requested. Anyone want me to drop the dirt.

A bunch of the female apps are starry-eyed young girls who think they can make a difference in a dark world. Keli, Fusille, Bon-Bon, Cashmere, and Amelli would all fit that role.

Tell me more about Sakara, I don't know as much about LoBaF apps as the Puella apps. By our powers combined, we can figure this out!

user, would you please stop raping people to show dominance? We didn't need it with the pizza guy, and we don't need it now.

But it's the only way to make a strong impression. If you don't rape them, how will they ever learn?

>someone that really wants to inspire and help people

So... Bon-Bon?

Being a bloodrager lets you get it as a bloodline familiar. As said VMC witch or wizard will get you it. A wizard school will probably give you more mileage than a few hexes. Also a wizard discovery can give you Time Stutter for mini-time stop.

No.

Let the man have his privacy.

In truth, the Sakara player needs to finish the app with a more detailed personality section. I'm assuming that's coming since they just added a longer backstory. Obviously there's a lot of sexy dancing involved with the character, but it was all for the sake of necessity so we don't know how down to fuck she really is.

Bon-Bon and snake sounds great, a two woman circus and dance show. I'd ship it if impossibleships were worth betting on.

The only thing anyone's learned is that from now on, we have to order carry-out.

>So hey. I've started fiddling with Armorist,
Another user beat to the punch
docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=drivesdk

But let's look at yours anyway and see how they each work and where they can both improve

This

Depends
Are the Players Okay With It.

Don't know the context and I don't care if it's anything spicy or plain, if it was a side session that the players wanted to be Private, then it should stay that way.

>chocolate candy has ranks in Escape Artist
>snake has ranks and racial bonus in Escape Artist

I want to see how this pretzel gets made.

How cheesy would it be to combine Ordained Defender/ZweiSent Warder // Warpath Follower Inqusitor, take the Conversion and Black Powder Inquisition, and use a Musket Ax to switch-hit with?

>does nothing to fix the shitty enchantment spending system
>still limited list of special qualities you can get
>all it did was give some new shiny toys
Wow, it's nothing

Seconding this ship already. Who is our second power couple? Does LoBaF have any dudes or dudettes that would want to sweep a sweet girl off her feet and protect her smile?