Exalted General - /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Shaping Rituals edition. Which is your favorite, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/906681-iselsi-shen-and-the-other-signature-characters
loom.webtelligence.com.au/#/
howsfamily.net/Exalted/craft.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dead gaem

Frenchfag reporting in. I backed for a Deluxed book, a map, an ST screen and the chibi bookmarks (because why not).

Are there any anons from europe around? I thought it'd be a good idea to keep each other updated on how delivery's going.

Apparently people in Canada have been recieving their books for a few days. Right now I haven't even gotten an email yet.

What are the news on the old continent?

The friendzone one from the pact with Mara. Best excuse ever to blue-ball your entire Circle, and let it fuel your power.

The prayer offering one for the Ifrit Lord, because burning everything of value your party finds for moar power makes you lots of friends.

The limit break one from the Nightmares initiation, where you're rewarded for carefully goading your Circlemates into limit break so you can draw power from their angst.

Hmm, is there maybe a theme here?

On the new continent rather than the old, but nothing - not even shipping notifications - here in Australia.

>Paying for your printed pdfs.

Ce serait presque drôle si ce n'était pas si pathétique.

Why is there no-one playing this game on Roll20? Please, my IRL group can't play it due to one guy being so obsessed with physical action he can't go a single session without combat.

The Mara pact only lets you suck the soul out of mortals. Your Circle will be unaffected.

I personally like the Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes because you can fluff it as a staff to play a classic wizard, but it's really difficult to justify crafting one so you have to just find one instead.

Nah, not the soul-sucking one, this one:

>Like Mara herself, the sorcerer draws power from those who love her. The Essence of their adoration is clay in her hands, taking form in her sorcery. Whenever she takes a shape sorcery action while within medium range of a character with an unrequited Tie of love (or a similar emotion) towards her, she may reap additional sorcerous motes equal to that Intimacy’s value (for example, four motes from a Defining Tie). Intimacies can only be tapped for motes in this fashion once per day, and the sorcerer cannot harvest power from love she reciprocates. Normally she may only drain one Intimacy to fuel the casting of a spell, but she may draw power from any available Intimacies when casting her control spell. She cannot draw more than ten sorcerous motes per scene with this ritual.

this is awesome and morally questionable. I like it.

Can someone clear up a charm for me? Hauberk Summoning Gesture allows you to call armour from Elsewhere (presumably you banish it first like Summoning the Loyal Steel) you call the armour back you put it on "normally" ([armor’s mobility
penalty] +1 minutes). Combine this with Whirlwind Donning Armor Prana to reduce minutes to turns. Does this mean that for medium and heavy armour, you activate the charm and you're still uarmoured for 2-3 turns? Or does your armour go from light to medium to heavy as turns pass? If I use Armored Scouts Invigoration to reduce the mobility penalty to 0, will the armour appear around me instantaneously? And most importantly, doe Hauberk Summoning Gesture seem to be just a little bit shit compared to Summoning The Loyal Steel?

Abyssals confirmed.

I am a lazy man, and I didn't mind spending the money.

Also, let's be realistic for a minute, I ain't gonna print my own leather-bound, gilded paged, silk book-marked, full colour PDF.

>Does this mean that for medium and heavy armour, you activate the charm and you're still uarmoured for 2-3 turns? Or does your armour go from light to medium to heavy as turns pass?
You're unarmored for the 2-3 turns it takes to put on.

>If I use Armored Scouts Invigoration to reduce the mobility penalty to 0, will the armour appear around me instantaneously?
Yep. Mobility Penalty of 0 plus one turn to put it on means you have it on after the end of the turn.

>And most importantly, doe Hauberk Summoning Gesture seem to be just a little bit shit compared to Summoning The Loyal Steel?
To be honest, yeah. But to be fair, it's harder to get on a suit of articulated plate than it is to hold a sword.

Okay what kind of imcompetent horse shit is this.

They haven't even got a weapons book out yet? Not even a lore book, nor books about martial arts? No Sorcery book? Nothing.

Nothing in the last year?

Hey what came out in the first year of Second edition?

>Exalted: Second Edition
>Exalted: Second Edition Storyteller's Companion
>The Books of Sorcery, Vol. I: Wonders of the Lost Age
>The Compass of Terrestrial Directions, Vol. I: The Scavenger Lands
>The Manual of Exalted Power: The Dragon-Blooded
>The Compass of Celestial Directions, Vol. I: The Blessed Isle
>The Scroll of the Monk

I mean Jesus effing Christ, I know 2E sucked out loud, but put out *Something* for fucks sake.

is god damn right, this game is dead as dicks.

>implying even a quarter of these books aren't filled to the brim with shitty ideas and broken shit.

I mean FFS, WotLA set the tone for "All Magitek, All the Time", MoEP:DBs was full of 1st edition copypasta, and Scroll of the Monk is Scroll of the fucking Monk.

Now don't get me wrong. I agree that books for Ex3 are taking way too long to come out. Two books a year top would be the ideal pace for me though, and pointing to 2nd Edition as if shitting out book after book with no regard for quality did any good to the game seems like a pretty terrible way to support your criticism.

look again at the formula, zero mobility armor takes 1 minute or turn.

is it shit? how often is a weapon dropped/disarmed, thrown, or switched vs an entire suit of armor?

does it slowly increase? I'd say no, your armor simply takes that long to put on...unless you can stunt why having one leg into your armored pants protects you from being stabbed in the chest("i deflect it off my gauntlet" or "As I throw my armored coat across my shoulders to put on the other sleeve..." sort of thing)

>Yep. Mobility Penalty of 0 plus one turn to put it on means you have it on after the end of the turn.

This is alright then. It doesn't feel like I'm being punished for wearing heavy armour.

Has anyone used Chimera in their campaign or come close to being one? How did it turn out? How do you think they'll be implemented in Ex3?

Well my Twlight craft supernal started the game with fear Lunar mate. (They're kind of autistic so the concept of someone they literally never met having a strong bond beyond their control freaked them out.) and the GM...the GM decided to roll with it...and my Lunar went Chimera in the time since my first age incarnation. So this horrid abomination of a creature sees the meek crafter and is like. Maaaatteeee. The party was quite understanding when my Twilight fled

Confirmed where? By whom?

The thing is chump thats entirely subjective. And its still better then -nothing-

You wont get it from OP either, lol.

had a casteless get close,
we had to alter permanent limit rules a little, tweaked a few charms, but we disregarded the chimera charms because we couldn't find a good homebrew version to replace the published version. considered leaving them mostly unchanged but making them usable only in limitbreak but nobody actually took them so not sure how that worked out.

5 limit lost the true form shapeshifting discount.
6 limit lost the true forms entirely (converting them to just another shape in your heartsblood library) made you unable to buy lunar charms with attribute prereqs since you no longer had any stats of your own. if you didn't have dbt then without a true form to be forced into when your anima is flairing all actions had to be flurried with a roll to hold your current shape(3 consectutive fails or one botch made you a mass of flesh out of 'the thing', fail shifted to a random library shape). there was an essence 3 zero min-attribute chimera charm that gave a more extreme hunt to let a formless lunar steal a new set of true shapes(which had to be completed to get tattooed) which twisted your tell adding traits from each change of animal shape, but unless tattooed they'd expire in a year and a day, was meant to explain ma-ha-suchi's goat-wolf thing.(if tattooed your stolen true shapes became perminant but had no discount to shapeshift into as if 5 at perminant limit)
7 had the uncontrollably ungulating flesh
8 lost the ability to regain essence normally but let you engulf living things to gain essence instead
9 replaced your motivation with "survive at all costs"

since lunars don't know about perminant limit they obviously can't write you off at 5, instead it was when it became obvious(limit 7's flesh was an automatic "chimera" mark, limit 6 if they knew your shapes were lost and/or your tell had multiple animals in it, lower but subjective if you went too mad or had too many mutations too quickly and failed to hide it)

golden widow got limit from solars too, and is new enough nobody knew the limit could fade and be managed or the conditions under which it became perminant.

added a few 'casteless knacks' at essence 5+ to possibly develop in play that make derangements easier to avoid.

tweaked lunar limitbreak so you had a primary break that was most common and the only brought out by moonlight, but also up to four secondary breaks that could come out depending on the situation and could be switched to instead of partially controlling, just to make that more different than solars.

I'm building a craft supernal for a game with a Disney theme; we're all playing villains and I went with Syndrome, (sneaking in on a technicality since they bought Pixar)

The party contains a Melee Supernal Dawn Caste Shan Yu, an Athletics Supernal Night Caste Shere Khan, and a Socialize Supernal Eclipse Caste Jafar, who's also into sorcery.
The GM and I are the only experienced players, I'm still running another game that he's playing in.

So with that said, I'm looking to see what I can do with the xp mechanics in Lore and Craft to play the long game.
I'm looking for advice on my charm choices, with the stated goal being good XP returns from Flowing Mind Prana, Exigence of the Distilled Form, and Spirit-Stoking Elevation.

We're using Experienced character creation rules, and here's what I have so far:
Occult:
-Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
--Infallible Messenger *Control
--Flight of the Brilliant Raptor
Lore:
-Harmonious Academic Methodology
-First Knowledge's Grace
-Flowing Mind Prana
-Tireless Learner Method
Craft:
-Arete-Shifting Prana
-Supreme Celestial Focus
-Sublime Transference
-Craftsman Needs No Tools
-Shattering Grasp
-Durability Enhancing Technique
-Flawless Handiwork Method
-Supreme Masterwork Focus x2
-Clay and Breath Practice
-Spirit-Gathering Industry
-Unwinding Gyre Meditation
-Spirit-Stoking Elevation
Presence:
-Listener Swaying Argument

So I'm worried about producing Artifact 3 arms and armor reliably, and I'm obviously crazy vulnerable in a fight.
I'm looking for advice to keep this character alive and prosperous till I can cash in on Flowing Mind Prana and Exigence of the Distilled Form.
I have room to shuffle charms around, and I can take combat abilities while keeping good dice pools for lore/craft/occult, but I'm stumped on which abilities suit Syndrome. Right now I'm planning to play a cocky Dr. Doom type that inevitably gets humbled when I meet someone with actual combat charms.

Can you put points into Martial Arts? It'll give you something to spend Solar XP on that's not a Sorcerous Working. You may look at the MA styles and think "Syndrome wouldn't use any of these" but what's more important is that your character is able to stay alive than stay true to the source material. It will also allow your character to grow beyond the inspiration to become their own thing.

I considered it, but as you said, not in theme.

I'll swap out some points and try White Reaper, since it's compatible with heavy armor and I can use a wizard staff with it.
I think you're right about survival trumping theme.

>Wizard Staff
>heavy Armor

You're already moving away from the inspiration character, Syndrome doesn't have either of those. White Reaper is great if you're looking to take on battle groups, but it might be more prudent to take a style with more general use. Just in case you get caught in a duel.

I have to move away, tights and super gadgets don't work with Exalted. May as well get my Dr. Doom on.

..Also, I can slot in a Heirophant's Eye in Bright Sentinel with another hearthstone, and get that sweet sweet die.

That said, do you have a suggestion for a more general style? Black Claw could work well with the teaching stuff I have in Lore.

Crane is good for counter attacks, and is built in mind for people you end combat by talking, just in case you want to monologue about your brilliance all throughout the fight. Snake is similar, allowing you to cripple peoples limbs to take them out of the fight non lethally. Tiger goes the other way, allowing you to be a complete savage and brutalize your opponents. The last two actually work quite well together, but don't share any weapons. You'll also find people tripping over themselves to tell you how great Single Point is.

Other ones either rely on some other ability or have something else going on.

I didn't think of monologuing with crane, that's perfect. I'll go with crane, design an equivalent tights version of freedom's cadence, and be set.

Remember that Freedom's Cadence counts as armour in a crash, locking you out of your MA charms. Might want to pick up silk armour instead.

I also like the Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes, although I wouldn't refluff it. For some reason, no idea why, can't imagine the cause, I've recently been thinking that a magical eye amulet would be really cool.

Also, the "stunt for extra motes" shaping ritual is boring but nice and easy. You're essentially reducing the cost of all of your spells by 3, because unless your GM is a massive push-over you aren't getting a 2-point stunt out of "I use my amulet AGAIN".

And pretty much requires you take her martial art as well.

How difficult is it to homebrew a martial art? How many charms should I shoot for?

About as difficult as making that many charms and also an artifact weapon. 9-15.

favorite control spell?

How compatible is 2e material with 3e? I'm getting restless waiting for What Fire has Wrought.

Not very
Take your pick of good rules but solars only or bad rules but everythings there.

Okay, then followup question. I want to play a Realm Dynast character who never exalted as a Dragon-Blooded, but as luck would have it he happened to exalt as a Solar late in his life when it was too late for him to exalt as a Dragon-Blooded.
Is this at all possible/realistic, and if it is, would this make me a giant mary-sue?

Happens. The iconic Twilight is one, there's currently a Zenith with the same story, not to mention a fiend caste Infernal.

Where can I read more lore about Shen?

His story doesn't seem to have been published anywhere, so we don't know about his story. If you're curious, you can read about Prince Diamond and Perfect Soul. There's links in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/906681-iselsi-shen-and-the-other-signature-characters

That's one of the Solar PC cliches, but go for it.

Some others are:

Warrior who exalts in the middle of a particularly intense battle.
Ex-slave who wants to end slavery.
Reincarnation/Inheritor (depending on how you like to look at it) of one of the canon characters (especially Shadow's Grace if you read the 2e description for the origin of Ebon Shadow Style and want to play a Night caste ninja).

Anyone got any other Exalted/Solar-specific PC cliches?

Twilight who wants to recreate the first age. Typically has loose morals.

Exalting after your true love dies/is killed by Dragon Blooded

Lots ex-Immaculate Zeniths who experienced a miraculous conversion around

I wanted a sword based on the theme of Fate/Time fuckery, so I wrote this. Can you tell that I like Clash attacks because I'm not sure it's obvious enough.

Hm... is he a homage to Dr Strange?

Can I get some clarification on how Supernal Skills work? I know that I can unlock any Supernal charms regardless of my Essence, but what does it mean that I'm treated as Essence 5 for upgrades?

Does it mean that I'm treated as Essence 5 for the variable effects of the Charm (I would get 5 guaranteed successes instead of 3 for Diamond-Body Prana if Resistance were my Supernal Skill)?

If so, does the same apply to Sorcery as well, if I choose Ocult as my Supernal ability (even though I'm not able to learn higher circles before I have the proper essence)?

only for getting a charm, not for variable affects.

I've yet to see a Western character who isn't some kind of pirate/privateer.

That thing between his hands get called "The Eye of Vagimotto" a lot, so you're not the first to notice that.

But "yes" for upgrades

Upgrades, being those extra paragraphs at the end of some Charms that say "If you have [skill] X and Essence Y, then..." ?

No, upgrades being "At Essence 5, purchase this charm again for XYZ effect". Sorry, I was imprecise with my language.

(Although given we're talking about charm text, I could just say I was being "natural" with my language).

Sorcery is explicitly exempt from Supernals. Even with Supernal Occult, you need to wait until your Essence is high enough to buy higher Sorcery.

The Circle in my just-started West game contains no such characters. I believe we have a stoner ninja, a tinkerer, a merchant prince, a wildman and an evangelical hedonist.

So how long before a DB book comes out. I could care less about getting more splatbook support for solars but DBs are basically the default opposition unless you are going full gonzo and your GM is spamming Sidereals or god-forbid solaroid opposition.

Considering how slow they are getting material out I would basically be okay with EX 3e core, EX 3e DBs, and something that covers the scavenger lands (East is the best) and pretty much assuming nothing else will show up.

I sure as fuck have no desire for unplayable messes like Fae Folk.

Who knows. Short story is the current schedule for everything is 'when its ready' which I suppose is the price we've payed for better actual books. Though I think immediate schedule is just going to be intro adventure, more evocations, then DB's so you'll get what you want in the form of them coming out before anything else.

Last I heard, DBs are coming out late 2017, but expect them to actually come out some time in 2018

How compatible are 2E Spells?

Most of the good ones have bee ported over. The ones that do long lasting shit can now be done with a Sorcerous Working.

As long as they don't interact with a 3E subsystem (combat, social intimacies, etc) they should be fairly portable. Might need to fiddle the costs, since Sorcerous Motes are more comparable to 2E Shaping Actions than 2E motes.

What do you guys think of the corebooks hearthstones? Which ones do you like and which are worth taking?

I like the corebook's hearthstones, mostly because none are really "worth taking" in a mechanical sense. They're nice, thematic powers, which are situationally useful. Take whatever ones make thematic sense for your character - you will not be significantly stronger/weaker no matter what your choice is.

1st edition had a deaf Dawn who exalted while defending his people from mermaid fae. He was a sort of stockholm character

By any chance is the guy who made loom.webtelligence.com.au/#/ around? Putting points into Craft doesn't seem to be counting to the maximum amount of ability points I can spend at chargen.

Speaking of Craft, does anyone have the essential starting list for cracking out Artefacts quickly and easily?

Hmmm, yep, can reproduce. Will check into it now.

Should be fixed; might need to shift+refresh or clear cache to make sure you get the latest version of the javascript.

>Arete-Shifting Prana
>Supreme Celestial Focus
>Sublime Transference
You probably want Sublime Transference to make s/g/w points easy to get and swap between.

>Flawless Handiwork M. x2
>Supreme Masterwork Focus x3
Reroll 10s, reroll 6s, double 7s. That'll blow up your dice pool so you can crank out 3 dot artifacts reliably, and hit 4 or maybe 5 on a good day.

>Craftsman Needs no Tools
>Thousand Forge Hands
Thousand Forge Hands will lower the time requirement from months or years to weeks or months.

>cracking out Artefacts quickly and easily?
Thats kind of like asking what melee charms you need to body behemoths. I mean I could list some but really you're going to need like....75% of the entire charm list to pull that off.

It's really not. There's heaps of the Craft tree that's all about repairing, or getting crafting XP, or more crafting slots. All you need to churn out artifacts is the Big Number charms - you'll generate enough craft XP that the free xp/slot charms are largely irrelevant.

You'll want Thousand Forge Hands, Flawless Handiwork Method x2, Supreme Masterwork Focus x 3, First Movement of the Demiurge, Divine Inspiration Technique, Holistic Miracle Understanding, and Unbroken Image Focus. With those, you can most craft projects in a single roll.

This craft-specific dice-roller may be informative: howsfamily.net/Exalted/craft.html (Unbroken Image Focus lets you double your natural successes by spending crafting XP, which is why natural successes are called out by that roller).

Thanks mate, but picking Craft as caste/favoured doesn't count towards the five I can pick. Also, the program is telling me to pick craft as caste/favoured on every Craft ability, when one should favour all of them.

Thanks.

It counts the dots from the first craft, but not additional crafts.

What are the critical abilities for a ruler? Bureaucracy and War are obvious, but what else? Lore seems really good, and you need either Presence or Socialize, possibly both, depending on whether you prefer to rally the people or work with the elite.

at what point in the infernal moster tree would you put a "Hellraiser’s Instinct" or "Teahouse-Shattering Symphony" port?

You definitely want socialize, even if you prefer to rally the people, because socialize is the defensive social tree - if you ever want to keep a secret, you want high socialize. If you want to ferret out other people's secrets, you need socialize too. It's not really an "offensive" social tree, except in the very narrow confines of a formal court. You wouldn't use it to convince a noble of something - you'd use Presence, same as convincing a peasant.

You would definitely want Integrity as well - the other defensive social ability. Socialize stops people from reading you, Integrity keeps people from scamming you. It's important for kings that neither happens to them :P

Linguistics is a possible alternative to Presence, if you lead by decree rather than personal instruction and charisma, although it's Solar tree tends to the secretive and nasty, rather than the broadly powerful like Presence.
Lore is useful, but the stereotype is for kings to have advisers, who would have the Lore rating.

Investigation is useful, if you're playing a leader who holds court, and dispenses justice. While some of charms necessitate you to be at the scene of the crime, plenty are usable from the throne - Judge's Ear Technique being key, I imagine.

If you're the sort of king whose job description includes intercession with gods (historically quite common), Occult.

Resistance if you plan on drinking and going boar hunting.

Twilights seem to be the best rulers, which feels weird. They even get Craft for advanced public works projects.

Craft doesn't help you rule, but it does help build nation. They've Investigation and Medicine, which don't mean much when building a nation; Occult, only good if you're ruling over a nation of spirits; Linguistics, admittedly good for propaganda; Lore and Integrity are good, but the Zenith has those, too.

I think that it's the Presence and Performance that pushes Zeniths ahead.

Remember that Lore has Soul Light Spreading Discipline, that allows you to count half your Followers rating as Cult. Perfect for your Glorious Solar God King.

Aside from that, Zeniths are supposed to be leaders rather than administrators anyways. No single person or Caste needs to be able to handle every aspect of running a country on their own.

The only thing that matters, really, is your Supernal. You can have 5 Favoured abilities that have nothing to do with your caste, so you can pick up pretty much everything you need in them.

Craft, Investigation, Linguistics, Lore and Integrity are all nice-to-haves, but tearing it up to E5 charms in those categories aren't going to supercharge your capacity to rule.

But the Supernal Presence Zenith is going to be able subdue foreign monarchs by scowling, and inspire fanatical loyalty in his followers.

So hey, since the possibility that I'm going to die from old age before the other splats are put out, what are some good home brew spats I can fuck with for now?

Solars bore the shit out of me and my group, I need something!

Quick, go make a completely new lunar foil since there are apparently unreleased ones.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know what you just said.

lunar foil = new Exalt type designed as the Lunar's opposite number, just like the Getimians are for Sidereals.

Lunars are there own damn foil!

But that's because the West is populated by 50% pirate/privateers and the other 50% is slaves. And if a slave Exalts in the west they're probably gonna just end up being "Privateer that hunts pirates"

Are there any published or homebrewed dragonblood elemental style MA?

Based on current rate of fulfilment, should we not expect them more around 2020?

Well, there's the DB homebrew that just finished with all abilities.
Hmm, maybe some of the more finished homebrew splats should be linked in the OP or something. Thoights?

>DB homebrew

link?

db homebrew is best. but there also exist alchemical and infernal ports(the two best splats)

(linked in op homebrew folder)

link?

which file?

In 2e how does one identify native only "expansion" martial arts charms to the various hero styles?

It appears I will in the end. And before Andrew Hussie releases his Homestuck adventure game, which I also backed, long before Ex3. Which sounds like madness to me, but hey.