His love of murder was so great that Khârn actually had an ancient death-counter installed in his helmet which...

>His love of murder was so great that Khârn actually had an ancient death-counter installed in his helmet which registers the number of kills he has made in the helm's eye lenses.
oh wow, is this shit from ward lore?
so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now, retconned for 13yo mlg faggots to self-insert into. when the fuck did everything went so wrong in 40k?
also why is art in new editions so fucking bad. does gw outsource to deviantart now?

Yes, this is the dumbest thing about WH40K, sure

How would the numbers even still fit on his HUD.

>so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now, retconned for 13yo mlg faggots to self-insert into.

This comment gave me so much cancer I ascended to Daemonhood under Nurgle.

All hail glorious pestilence!

6mil

I want Kharn so bad but his price is crazy.

>so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now
>now

Right, because SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD was never, EVER edgy.

He's Jorge

actually the counter has limited space for numbers and has overflown at least twice. since kharn is a swell guy, he treated the counter rolling over to zeroes as additional incentive to kill, maim and burn even harder.
such a swell guy.

CIRETAKO!

Lets say he kills 1000 dudes per day, even after 10.000 years that's only 3650000000

Why is the dark-age of technology kill counter a problem? 40k has always been over-the-top, and this thing fits Khârn's personality just great.
Is it really so hard to push your suspension of disbelief a little bit further?

>I get the fact that Khârn is a 10000 year-old posthuman champion of the god of pure rage and murder, but a tiny detail that I think sounds stupid??? Never

>also why is art in new editions so fucking bad. does gw outsource to deviantart now?
Yes. But it's better than the goofy in-house shit of yore.

I read this and all I heard in my head was autistic screeching, why have 40k threads gone to shit recently

well as i remember originally khornates were simply psychopaths. they didn't kill for challenge or prove themselves or some shit, or to further any goals, simply because they were insane and driven by base lust for murder.
the problem is his entire fucking backstory in horus heresy implies that he's some kind of insecure faggot with a plan. the kharn i remember didn't have a plan, he was just a crazy murderer leading crazy murderers.

agree

Go go, Recast Ranger

That was polite like an english gentleman

>BL Horus Heresy books
Found your problem m8
I mean, I like his bromance with Argel Tal like everyone else, and him beating up Erebus of course, but after succumbing to Khorne, there's nothing but killing for him, I guess.You know, with them Butchers Nails and being the Champion of the God of pure rage and bloody murder.

His "backstory" is after most of his lore was written.

Plus BL authors for HH are notorious for not reading in detail about the characters or setting at present.

>recently

Wasn't Kharn prior to the heresy the SANE one in the World Eaters?

>Originally

No, originally Khorne was a martial god, and amny of his followers actually fell more into the noble warrior sort of camp. The Blood Pact are a lingering example of this; they glorify Khorne by being an effective fighting machine that uses the best tactics and equipment it can. The hatred of sorcery is also due to this. Past Khorne hated magic and trickery because it stopped people having epic manly duels. Current Khorne should have no issue with it because if it gibs people he should be happy with it, so this trait no longer makes sense.

Over time, GW forgot this and made them all berserkers, which originally were only a minority of Khornes followers, and usually the weakest and least favoured of them (with a few exceptions like Kharn). Then they realised Khorne was boring as fuck because every Khorne guy was a rip n tear asshole, and so now they're trying to change it again.

This must be some ancient primordial WD shit because I remember the WE's ALWAYS being assholes and it was only in WHFB that Khorne wasn't king asshole of the assholes constantly, and the honor thing being mostly fanon, at least from 4e onward

Shit man at some point this becomes archaeology

That's actually an older thing.

You need to keep in mind he is the fucking champion of the WORLD EATERS LEGION. you know the legion that would literally just kill an entire planet because nails in their skull give them headaches if they don't.

also the counter is a bit of archeotech given to him by Horus.

>ward
this has been a thing since his the 3rd ed chaos codex.

I love that artwork for one simple thing. Gorechild is finally represented as a weapon a Primarch could have used. Too many times is was just a standard sized one handed chainaxe, which would have looked ridiculoud in Angron's hands.

Finally it's shown as it should be, something fucking huge, which add to Kharn's martial prowess, being able to use that one handed.

It was like 10 years ago, not exactly prehistory.

Roflkek

FFG=/=Codex lore
Actually read the Realm of Chaos/Slaves to Darkness, Khorne was always a god of murder and carnage with a hateboner for magic.

My personal headcanon is that he doesn't give a fuck, long as he gets blood, but killing an honourable hardcore fighter will draw his attention more than say slaughtering 50 children, even if killing 50 kids produces significantly more blood and skulls he isn't quite as impressed

In-fiction he re-sets it at the start of every major campaign.

Kharn is a swell guy.
What the fuck happened to Veeky Forums?!

Nah, for blood hes fine with just slaughtering kids. Now, if you want to place their skulls on the throne then you've got another thing coming. Khorne will take blood from anywhere but skulls gotta mean something.

Kuwagata

It's a reference to rogue trader which had a lot of influence from 2000ad
Mean machine angel is a direct inspiration for sevitors esp arco flagellants

Stolen from moorcock Elric - Arioch blood and souls

So Kharn likes pretzels

>slave of dick headed wanker gods
> oh noes why is he such a wanker
It's like people who think torture is so cool and then they meet the people who actually do the stuff and are shocked they are brain damaged shitheads

>he was just a crazy murderer leading crazy murderers

How is this any less edgy 13 year old tier than the rest?

>A recently-corrupted Khornate marine heard this
>Decided he was gonna be a badass with a murder counter too
>Got killed by a space marine Terminator before he could get a single kill

How do the World Eaters even function? Even in company-sized warbands?

Who feeds them and looks after their weapons and armour? Who stops them killing the entire bridge of the ship and each other between battles? Who negotiates with Abaddon when a Black Crusade is called?

So? Kharn has always been a tryhard edgy mlg faggot.

You fucking retard.
>bad art

Are you fucking retarded? That's some excellent digital Adrian Smith copycat job.

My only problem with that art is that it seems like unfinished

You are fucking retarded faggot.

Kharn has always had a plan. You know why he's called the Betrayer? Because when he and his fellow Berserkers were fighting Slaaneshi forces on an iceplanet, an ice storm started, and his fellow Berserkers quit fighting to avoid being frozen to death. So Kharn dropped his pistol and axe, grabbed a flamethrower and BURNED his fellow Berserkers until they got back onto the battlefield.

Get your FUCKING LORE checked out, you fucking faggot.

Murder is worship to Khorne.

So a kill counter for a Khornate servant is like a rosary. It doesn't just count kills, it counts worship, prayers. It's a direct sign of communion with Khorne, and a sign for your obligation to Him.

I wasn't even shittalking him. It seems quite tragic actually, that he went from a level-headed man who could even talk some sense into Angron to the swell Berzerker we know and live.

The real question is what the scouter say about his kill level

>He now has blue hair
Hahahaha what a snowflake

>Fulgrim, what does the scouter say about his kill level?

Yeah, I'm not going there all the way.

At least ten Maos, two Stalins, six Hitlers.

That's some stuff hanging on his helmet.
How do you even breathe user?

I'm pretty certain that Khârn's death-counter was first seen in William King's "Wrath of Khârn" short story, back in the late 90's.

It's a fun read.

Simple enough.

Hope that their leader can control his fellow berserkers or in case of doubt don't allow them to get out of the cargo hold and use hereteks with cranes to take away their gear for repairs while they aren't looking. Maybe even allow the hereteks to use a hose if they get suspicious.

Or make a fist fight arena where the Khornattes can fist fight to the death the Ogryn prisioners you brought onboard, training plus entertainment.

>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN.

The simple answer is they don't. Berserkers operate in small warbands that hire themselves out to warlords in exchange for equipment and the chance to kill. In return, they murder everything in their way and *probably* not their 'allies'. They're more living weapons akin to the Flayed Ones the Necrons use than anything else, just sort of directed then left to their own devices. Those in favor to Khorne probably have warpfucked weapons that never foul or run out of ammunition.

They're effectively even less organized than Orks, who at least have slaves (grot and captured humans) and a technician cast to handle logistics and manufacturing.

Question: does Kharn have any chaos mutations?

I'm the only sane one left!

Came here to say this. The counter has been a thing since 2nd edition. Chaos being edgy has been a thing since forever. Khorne luring in warriors with promises of martial pride and honour and then slowly sliding into focusing on blood and murder has always been part of the corruption/path of chaos. The main difference in what people cringe at, call edgy etc. just changes on how self conscious they feel now about things they use to think were cool.

kek

Where do I get this and how much for?

Presumably, it's just that none are overbearingly obvious. A lot of Chaos champions get mutations that are less aesthetic, like gently leaking out the Warp itself, getting a Mark or simply being buffed to all hell and back, even his anti-Psyker blessing would probably be considered some sort of mutation.

>Kharn is the best melee figghter in the galaxy!
>Gets beaten up by an Abaddon who was holding back

Pls

>Don't mind me with my pseudo-archaeotech hyperbuffed Terminator Armour and a sword that's more powerful than the Emperor of Mankind

Farsight is a better athlete than any Space Marine because he can go faster and lift more with his Crisis Suit.

the counter is actually so big now that the numbers obscure much of kharn's vision

this is how he earned the title "betrayer"
he literally could not tell who he was fighting
like a guy with cataracts, he can make out shapes and shit but he can't identify people anymore

>what's that blobby thing
>is it a rhino? or a land raider? fuck i need to get closer
>who are these figures around me? they aren't attacking me so maybe they are friendly?
>this goddamn kill counter i can't see shit
>OH SHIT SOMEBODY HIT ME FUCK
>okay he's dead but these other figures are moving around menacingly, better kill them too

One of them is a Space Marine in regular power armour, a chainaxe and a plasmapistol who became Khornes greatest mortal champion.
The other one is the guy the chaosgods can't stop jacking off to, armed with the finest terminator armour that was available back then and a sword that has ADB and his love for chaosdick as a superpower.

You tell me why Kharn is a great dude in comparison.

This is something about Khorne I dont get; if he considers himself a warrior god and and values martial prowess than why does he reward "warriors" who think they are edgy and hardcore for slaughtering women, children, civilians etc. That should be worse than cowardice because they are essentially just posers, which Khorne despises

The Chaos gods are chaotic. It's literally in their name you fucking retard.
Khorne is both about honourable combat and slaughtering the innocents because Khorne does not care from whence the blood flows.

>mfw I love the new model, but the Gorechild is half the size it should be

seconding this

>How do the World Eaters even function?
Like this
If you go apeshit and start killing everything around you, by the end of the day you have either offered your blood to Khorne or proven yourself to him. Khorne is a very simple god to understand and while almost everyone recognizes this, they still don't understand how he thinks

Goofy shit was what gave geedubs personality. I liked seeing the art with improvised creatures and shady characters that weren't already models. It was a goldmine of inspiration and ideas

>can't drop a mere $28 on it after discount

Clearly you don't want it bad enough since it's not a lot of money in general. Yeah it's a lot of money for a single 32mm monopose, but if people want it bad enough they will pay for it.

"I want this soooooo bad...but only if it'sa good deal or a bargain!" said nobody ever. It's always "I want this so bad....but I can't afford it". Thus proving you're all poorfags for not being able to afford $35. If you don't want to pay $35, you clearly don't want it that bad. "$35 for Kharn? I don't want him that bad"

35 ain't even a lot of money.

Feel like your splitting hairs as you knew exactly what I meant

Pick up the old Gorechild on eBay? Old Kharn goes for between five and ten dollars.

To a degree. He'd still lose it and go on murderous rampages

What's wrong with that pic? I like it.

OP being a faggot, as usual.

Must hate the old model. It's just a cool looking chainaxe.

pretty good user

Look up Graham's Number and how they did the notation for that.

This is your answer.

Aura of Dark Glory at the very lest, and his armor has likely fused with his flesh at this point.

Probably not many, he's clearly a near-perfect killing machine already. Khorne knows better than to fuck with a good thing. Fucking with perfection just means less blood and skulls, not more. And that's not OK.

Anyone who still thinks Kharn is just some raving lunatic should read Chosen Of Khorne by Anthony Reynolds. He's not irrational, just completely and utterly dedicated to the Eightfold Path and to hunting down any who violate it's principles.

He's like an extremely practical high priest of Khorne who goes around spouting his philosophy while he kills everything around him.

How was your mother this morning, user, before you left for school?

Why the vitriol? You off your meds or something? Somebody didn't get their happiness suppository this morning?

Don't know about him, but I work 60 hours/week and all the money that doesn't go to the basic needs for living I don't get to keep. My "luxury" budget this year consists of roughly 500 $ which is supposed to cover my neckbeard needs such as books, miniatures and I'm planing on making a mail for myself

the thing is in old lore they don't get rewarded at all. instead they are being hunted down by khorne's hounds and rent to bits. be a shit warrior - get the bitch ending you deserve.
nowadays it's all "khorne cares not whence the blood flows" shit.

It's funny cause when I was a kid $20 was a fortune and now it ain't shit. Guess you just outed yourself as the real underaged nigger here.

What a swell guy, that Kharn

>punching several times with a power fist
>attempting to drive an Emporer-killing sword to his neck
>holding back
You should give the guy more credit. Regular power armor with a missing pauldron vs the best warp-blessed, semiarcheotech terminator armor. Amd even then a victory (assuming getting stabbed in the neck would kill someone like Kharn right away anyway) would've cost Abbadoo an arm.

That was back when Tzeentch fucked with his drinking water. Luckily he has recovered from that

>also the counter is a bit of archeotech given to him by Horus.
Why the fuck do you need archeotech to count kills? *That* is the dumbest part of this entire thing.

Because ain't nobody got time to manually increment a kill counter during a fight.

>Khorne will take blood from anywhere but skulls gotta mean something.
That should be the second part of the Khorne quote.

"Khorne cares not whence the blood flows, but skulls gotta mean something."

>what is a Bloodthrister of Insensate Rage

hi virt

>Why the fuck do you need archeotech to count kills?
Because humans believe that praying and incenses will make your OS not crash

Now I want to play a Black Crusade character who'll be a Khornate CSM with a brain implant counting the kills.
He is rival with another CSM who has the same implant.
Objective is to have more kills than his rival.
Counter gets bonus if kills are multiple and creative.
So the PC wants to provoke massive onslaughts, wars, explosions, sneaky brutally, and each time the counter increases, he joyfully sing the record.
Rival is equally as stupidly joyful as he is.

It is stupid but as Black Crusade is about being edgy I think joyful and creative edgy is funnier than grim and plain edgy.

I feel like these Up Arrows are trying to make things more confusion than they are.

3 UP 3 is just 3^3.
3 UP2^2 3 is just 3^(3^3) or 3^27.
3 UP^3 3 is just, I presume, 3^[3^(3^3)] or 3^(3^27) or 3^7625597484987, right?

For some reason, all the notations I see continue the exponent example until UP^3, but it's not any different, right? Instead, they write shit like "This is now 3 UP (3 UP (3 UP (3 UP(... (3 UP 3), with a total of 7625597484987 3's." But that's still just 3^7625597484987 as far as I understand.

Anyways, for the people curious about Graham's Number but don't feel like taking 3 seconds to google it, it's just a bit more than this.

Continuing that pattern, we get 3 UP^4 3, which is 3^(3^7625597484987) I can't write "or X" here because that number is way too fucking large, even for scientific notation. We call this number g1.

So g1 = 3 UP^4 3 = 3^(3^7625597484987)

g2 = 3 UP^g1 3 = 3 UP^3^(3^7625597484987) 3

This is a fuckhuge leap in count that I obviously cannot even simplify with exponents, because there's now 3^(3^7625597484987) of those exponents. And this new number, well beyond human human comprehension, is just the "g2" in

g3 = 3 UP^g2 3

then

g4 = 3 UP^g3 3

g5 = 3 UP^g4 3

g6 = 3 UP^g5 3

and continue that process until

g64 = 3 UP^g63 3

g64 is Graham's Number.