Savage Werewolves are replaced by savage Werebats

>Savage Werewolves are replaced by savage Werebats
>Noble, immortal vampires are replaced by noble, immortal lycans

What changes would happen? What lifestyles and tropes change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9YOBcb0y6o4
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download;jsessionid=76E3BC2982F0501E4E50F58E38065161?doi=10.1.1.547.9825&rep=rep1&type=pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since the lycans don't HAVE to drink blood or eat, I expect the noble houses would kill significantly less, unless theyre all up for wolfing out

Savage werebats do their savage thingy each full moon.
Noble immortal lycans are now OP because they don't have a lust for blood, and are obviously furry fetishists.

Worst timeline ever.

Noble lycans need a drawback. If they lust foe blood then theyre just hairy vampires. If they don't lust for blood then what do they need?

Also, I feel as if noble lycans range from purebred dog families, rowdy mutts and vain packwolves

You mean like all that silly shit that vampires have like counting rice and being unable to enter homes uninvited?

Yes. Vampires were immortal but that silly shit kept them in check. Lycans can't do whatever they please without consequence.

well old world lycans were people who turned into literal wolves
not some fucking anthro furry blockbuster

The Fifth Elephant has a pretty good aristocratic Werewolf family you could copy from. You'd probably get a lot of "survival of the fittest" dogma, less covert manipulations and more simple demonstrations of raw power, and a lot of playing with and hunting humans rather than seducing and corrupting them.

Lust for flesh seems like a more serious drawback to me.

Then maybe the lycan families turn into full-blown giant wolves, and view their condition as a blessing but a dire one. It breaks from te air of refinement they try to cultivate.

Maybe the more monstrous werewolves, a la Underworld or Skyrim are the result of lycan nobles losing the separation between wolf and man and degenerating into a horror.

Veeky Forums once made a setting with that sort of thing.

It had the aristocracy of the Holy Roman Empire gradually becoming more and more werewolf. It was one of the ways they could claim legitimacy of the old Roman Empire.

Romulus and Remus were raised by werewolves. The bloodline of Romulus the 1st had long since faded away and died out through inbreeding by the time of Romulus the Last.

But what of Remus? After loosing the city naming wall jump contest he left in a huff and went to the lands of the Saxons and started a warrior band. He took a wife and had kids who also became great warriors in the service of the Saxon Kings.

Some time later there are hundreds of Saxon Werewolves in the nobility including the king. Charles the Great takes one of the daughters of the last independent king of Saxony as his wife to get his blood line intermingled with that of the old Emperor's and also to merge their kingdom with his new Empire.

Couple of centuries down the line the royal family has been werewolves for generations and it's all the fashion for the noble families to get some of that royal monster blood in their families for the prestige it brings.

It also facilitated the spread of paganism back across central Europe as a sort of mildly Hellenic flavoured Germanic polytheism.

East Roman Empire was ruled by Vampires whom they viewed as fucking monsters. Twelve Disciples drank the blood of the son of their God out in the lands of the east and so was born a new priesthood.

Savage werebats only become human again on the day and night of the full moon. People are intensely suspicious of strangers met during this time.

Noble, immortal lycans are bound to a totemic wolf spirit and maintain their immortality so long as they propitiate it. Their worship involves adherence to a convoluted set of rules and taboos which dictate the rhythms of their lives. The clever ones manage to present themselves to the public as eccentric aristocrats; oddly behaved but harmless and maybe even charming. The others are viewed with horror and revulsion.

This is pretty cool

IIRC, there was a historical family (Italian, I think?) who claimed to be able to turn into werewolves. They called it a blessing from god and used their wolf-forms to wage a righteous war on demons and evildoers.

THIS

I like this idea way better than a castle full of dapper anthros in noblemen garb. That just reeks of furry.

We'll if the noble vampires are analogues of the new noble lycans then they shouldn't transform. I know it depends on the time of media you get your legends from, but I think it's just supposed to be immortal humans with a small tie to their animal of choice.

Cursed humans, people with no choice at all, turn into were-beasts during full moons turning into monsters with no self-control.

Give them social disorders that make them harder to understand by human standards. To the point where they might even be Faye levels of unpredictable.
No one wants to be around a Werewolf because they're crazy and might get you killed, or they're just clingy and annoying at most.
Make them have professions and they'd kill people to further their goals in that profession, like being a Merchant.
While lesser Werewolves have worse "professions" like counting straw or collecting string and doing anything to further their string collection, even if that involves becoming the greatest merchant in the world, just to own a drawer of wires.

>If they don't lust for blood then what do they need?
Someone who daily pats their head.

>they hosts parties daily with the mortals
>the night always gets weird when the Dogsons sit in line looking like good boys
>every patron their can't leave without giving their hosts a good pat
>in desperate times they corner all of their victims in alleyways
>the last words they hear are "I AM A GOOD BOY. I AM A GOOD BOY."

Just have lycans exhibit typical wolf behavior without a care.

If you interupt the lycan nobleman, he's not just going to get angry. He will go straight for your jugular, to show you and everyone around you who is boss. If you survive or not, that's not his concern. His concern is that your idiotic lack of respect for social pack order is punished.

Bonus points if lycans never discuss rules, they just assume that anyone, even regular humans automatically knows lycan social behavior rules.

I like it. Just to be clear, they don't transform at all.

Now how do they handle werebats?

I'd just have them wolf- out every full moon.
Villagers lock and bar their doors, when the nobles go out to hunt.
A few villagers get eaten, if they are outdoors or unwary. It's the cost of doing business.

By wolf out, do you mean transform? Because that's not the case in OP's statement. They could go wild for hunts or for lack of flesh in their diet, but to go feral is for the new werebats

Either way is fine.
Nobles on horseback hunting down villagers that aren't safe at home on the full moon. Maybe releasing prisoners into the woods to hunt.

Or if worst comes to worst, burning a few peasant homes to flush them out for a hunt.

I'd have the desire for the hunt to replaces the normal need for blood, for traditional vampires.

Their descendants formed Powerwolf, presumably

Well, dogs and bats both share an affinity ofr licking their own dongs, so at least that won't change.

youtube.com/watch?v=9YOBcb0y6o4

So which ones are affected by the full moon?

Wolves still. They're tied to howling at the moon.

Bats are just generally night creatures.
>Tfw you turn into a were-bat EVERY night.

>m-m-muh furry boogieman!

I'm so tired of people like this. Can't actually have a discussion about wolfpeople that isn't some horribly outdated "RIP AN' TEAR" stereotype because Veeky Forums will be triggered that someone out there might be jacking off. The irony is that the cliched image of a testosterone-and-muscle-powered hunk of a manbeast is far more gay than a simple noble savage archetype, yet fa/tg/uys are more afraid of a wolf in a coat than one with its dong flailing around freely.

If you ever wonder why werewolves are seemingly not as popular or taken seriously anymore, it's because of posts like this.

So will he then go and lick his guests' teeth to show dominance in a more normal manner?

Naw guys, you got it all wrong. If you switch them you really have to switch them.

Werebats would change every -new moon instead of full.
Werewolves would be weak to -wolfsbane instead of garlic.
They would both still thirst for blood, just now you find dried husks instead of shredded pork every lunar cycle.
Werebats would weak to wood (blessed wood?) Instead of silver.
Werewolves would be immortal, but be bound by super strong instincts for wolflike behavior. Like showing dominance and sniffing crotches.
Werebats could suddenly go as they please, but werewolves would be unable to sit down unless commanded to.
Werebats would suddenly get all the furry girls attention.

See? Even trade.

What happens when a human successfully dominates a Lycan noble?

Sounds like a shitty setting.

Oh boy, it's that thread again.

>>Noble, immortal vampires
>Vampires
>Noble

>Kaz the Betrayer
>Noble
>Strahd
>Noble (Outside actually being one)
>The Red Queen
>Noble
>The Black Duke
>Noble

>You will never strangle any cultureless secondary that has Never Read Van Richten's Guide to Vampires, Lost Faiths, Bloodlines, The contents of the Libris Mortis, and the Ravenloft Bestiary, Fiendish codex

There is a FUCKING REASON WHY THEY ARE ALL CE Barring lucky FUCKING Elves, Monster Class Vspawn before level 5, and Orcus Issued Vampire Lords and those Around the Ancient Age category or higher.

Same thing that happens with wolves. They submit, but might try to take back their place as alpha if they think you're weak.

One forgotten setting thread whose theme was "monsters make up the upper class of the world" had a nation ruled by sort-of-werewolves. They were werewolves in the classical sense that they turned into wolfmen but weren't really comparable to most types we know from media. The story was that the nobility of this particular country (modeled after 19th century Austro-Hungaria) became so decadent, savage and cruel God cursed them to become as monstrous outside as they were on the inside. The hulking wolfmen forms are actually their "natural" ones, but they can temporarily assume a human form through conscious effort. In some ways they're kinda like the Beast from the fairytale, except it was a nationwide (or social class wide) case rather than an individual and the vast majority of them aren't repentant. Rather than changing their ways, they just got angry at God, going "Oh, yeah? You want to make us all monsters? Fine, we'll be monsters" and became even more inhumane. Now they don't just subjugate the peasantry, they often hunt it for sport.

I was thinking it's a normal thing for courts to ritualistically bear their necks for the leader of the court. Either to the leaders actual teeth, or to a sword. You don't get to unbear your neck until the lord says so. If you're in his/her good graces it's just for a second. If you're not it's for longer, and the whole court watches, possibly while he publicly interrogates you. If you've really fucked up he'll draw blood or worse.

Pack dynamics lend themselves really well to the whole vampire-esque intrigue stuff.

I could see it extending to the Feudal mindset as well. Werewolves lead because they are stronger, and the strong lead the weak. If a human is strong enough to fight for dominance, I imagine they'd be fairly egalitarian about it.

Reminder that real wolves don't actually have an alpha who wins the position by overthrowing the previous one. The wolves in charge are simply the parents, and packs are pretty much just families. When pups grow up, they leave to join other packs, and the pack accepts other young wolves.

citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download;jsessionid=76E3BC2982F0501E4E50F58E38065161?doi=10.1.1.547.9825&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I fucking hate that people keep on transposing some imaginary pack dynamics onto literal monstrosities and abominations that werewolves are.

>imaginary monsters don't follow imaginary rules
Reeeeeeeeee

Rather than transposing the behavior directly, what about some other gesture that conveys the same message. Since humans don't usually kill each other by tearing out throats, what would be a more appropriate way for a werewolf courtier to submit to their leader?

Deeds collecting? Contests of human wit and primal strength. Basically controlling the local gangs, organizations and other families in the area. Whoever in the family pack does the most work becomes leader. The loser then decides to submit, leave with his few followers, or start a fight against the whole family.

Is there moar?

It sounds good.

If I was in some nobleman's manor and he, a beefy, hairy, mutton-chopped, angry bellower of a man instead grabbed my head and licked my teeth when I tried to shake his hand, I would be more than thoroughly unnerved.

The whole idea behind the werewolf is that it's humanity's primal nature unleashed yet corrupted by our potential for evil. The wolf tie in is due to long standing resentment and fear of wolves.

Wolves have been viewed as a menace or flat out threat in the many areas they can be found. Typically attacking livestock and children or adults when starving. Which would happen often as humans would hunt or drive out prey the wolves would normally hunt.

They're supposed to be horrifying and bloodthirsty.