So is Magnus basically a Saturday morning villain now?

So is Magnus basically a Saturday morning villain now?

Because I always preferred it when he was the most reluctant primarch to fall to Chaos, who only joined Tzzentch because he had no other choice and forever resented his situation.

I always go the impression that he was a loyalist at heart but was pushed onto a darker path by forces beyond his control.

Also does he and Roboute have a particular history or did Magnus attack him because 'fuck that guy'?

Well according to RotP he wanted 'revenge' on Guilliman but if it was for something specific or just generic I don't know.

Still the paragraph seems to be implying he hates him similar to how he hates the Wolvies so I dunno, maybe.

Apparently aspects of Magnus has been sharded thanks to Ahirmans Rubric. So this might be just one dickhead aspect of him.

What does Magnus want in the long term anyways?

I think the Primarch's tend to sit around and do fuck all. I'd imagine they're bored as fuck and Girlyman coming back gives them something to do.

Magnus spend like the last 10,000 years brooding on a demon world all alone.

That shit can't be healthy.

>posting because it's relevant.

Cold chills ruffle his black pelt mane,
But there are no more wolves,
On this Fenrisian plain.

Stone cold and fierce,
Bright eyes that could pierce,
Determined to go through,
What no one else would do,
With his Wulfen returned he will fight on,
Launch a crusade whereupon,
He brings light to the dark,
But look here, hark!
Through the swirling maelstrom,
His brother Primarch.

The Crimson King knows times are changing,
Reveals tensions are raising to a fate so amazing.
Loyalties cleft in twain,
Traitor's bane versus traitor stain,
Former friends come to blows,
Ancient tragedy from which hatred grows,
Fresh in their minds after ten thousand years,
A legion seeking vengeance now reappears.

Magnus employs his schemes, devising,
For the Thousand Sons legion uprising.
While in orbit Dark Angels' suspicions are rising,
But upon who will they be chastising?

The sorcerer finds him,
The Primarch of the sixth,
In an expression from with which no hymn,
Could mask his sin.

Russ calls to his brother: "Can you forgive me?
Lest I continue to suffer?"

The Red replies "I wish that you rot, and let you be forgot,
In the grand scheme of things your presence only brings,
A mild inconvenience that brushes past my wings,
My only pursuit,
Is vengeance - quite acute,
Then events can be left resolute."

"I accept my faults, abstain your assaults,
Let us talk like men before we fight again,
Know I was misguided on course to Prospero,
For the heresy of Horus I did not know.
I slew loyal blood and for that I feel sorrow,
Yet now your blood from a daemon you borrow.
I see it in your eyes that you are not the brother I knew,
Why you would turn, I have no clue..."

Magnus leans in close and asks on cue,
"Can you hear the voices too?"

>No it's not mine.

> "Go have the ultramarines bring Magnus back to me so I can spank him".jpg

Is there first founding legion that didn't have a bitter rivalry with the Ultramarines?

He's a daemon, he's a slave to Tzeentch's will. He wants whatever Tzeentch wants. Which, granted, could be any number of potentially contradictory things

Ahem.

I don't think you properly read that post.

I'm afraid so. This is twice in quick succession the big red jobber has been left limping off into the warp shaking his fist and screaming "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME *insert name here*".

Success breeds jealousy

Iron Hands?

> Only a true son of Guilliman would do it without the Geller Shields

To destroy Russ and his attack dogs and unfuck his legion, probably.

That had better not be official artwork... It's indie dev kickstarter quality...

I read it for him.

Magnus is the new World of Warcraft evil sorcerer and Guilliman is the new World of Warcraft blue paladin of good

40k is dead , this is End Times all over again

I can't wait to play Order of Progress army

Harlequin/Kroot/Skitarii List at last

I've been coming up with a backstory for my army all ready

As far as I know, before the Heresy Roboute only actively disliked Angron and Curze. Lorgar hated him but that was one-sided. Guilliman rebuked Alpharius but he didn't seem to take it personally. The other rivals like Dorn were more or less friendly.

Where's Calgar in all this?

Taking care of Maccrage and (re)conquering the 500 worlds. Big blue made him stay behind to watch the house and dogs

>and forever resented his situation
here's some fluff that's almost sixteen years old:

>The aftermath was nothing like what the cabal had hoped for. Across the breadth of the world, the fighting strength of the Thousand Sons Legion had in a single stroke been destroyed utterly - and preserved for eternity. The reviled mutations were no more, because the flesh of the affected Space Marines had been reduced to dust, sealed forever* inside armour mystically welded shut. Every clasp, joint and seam had been sealed as though by infernal fire, trapping the animate spirit of the Thousand Sons irrecoverably within. Virtually the entirety of Magnus's Legion had been transformed into little more than implacable automata for all time, Magnus was enraged. The Legion he had sacrificed everything for was no more. The pursuit of knowledge that had always been foremost to each of his brethren was now denied them for all time. By their own hand, the majority of this Legion of scholars could no longer even think.

>Everything he had done, all he had sacrificed, every critical decision he had made in his life had been founded upon two sacred beliefs: that knowledge was pure, and that he was its master. With his home world destroyed, his father his sworn enemy, and his Legion in ruin, Magnus of the Thousand Sons ascended his tower in despair. Casting his bitter gaze out upon the war-weary and fragile Imperium of Man, Magnus vowed, as Horus had at the height of the Heresy, that he would see the galaxy burn.

Magnus got played by chaos, got played by his lieutenant, had all his shit wrecked and is real fuckin mad about it, lashing against those who didn't make the same mistakes he did.

I like it.
Fucking sue me.
I'm excited for the future of 40k.

Wasn't he really fond of Ferrus?

If Rowboat can whack Magnus, does it mean even Russ will whack Magnus even harder?

Bro, fuckin' Bjorn whacked Magnus.

How is any of this canon? Shouldn't magnus speak a word and reduce the ultrafucks to dust or some similar warp fuckery? Or is there some BS about the saint providing immunity to sorcery?

It said something about how Magnus didn't want to end it immediately. Typical cartoon villain shit. The entire crippled crusade fleet exited a Warp jump right in front of Magnus's giant pyramid ship and entire Tzeentch fleet and instead of vaporizing them, he threw them into the Eye of Terror to let Fateweaver toy around with them instead.

Typical Tzeentch stupidity.

Bjorn is Big Boss

He threw in the Maelstorm and Kairos succeeded in capturing Girlyman. He could have killed Girlyman but choose instead to try to corrupt him.

Girlyman wasn't even on the same level of Magnus. Magnus was bitch slapping him around even after the Sisters of Silence joined the fight to stop his sorcery. It was Girlyman + SoS vs Magnus and Magnus was owning them.

According to Wrath of Magnus, the destruction of the Imperium and the extinction/downfall of Mankind.

A noble goal.

That was a shard of Magnus.

felt the exact same way op

the only reason why i see them fighting first is because they're the only ones with models at the moment

Ok, I'm either blind or did they leave Celestine out of a picture that features every single new hero?

Look in basically the very center then ever so slightly down and to the right.
Where's Voldus? And Cypher?

I'm going to assume the TS on the left is Ahriman, but when did he get a third arm?

Is this 'shard' theory canon or backed up anywhere? I have only read about it here.

Dork Angels really didn't seem to care nor the vampire angels.

I'm just looking forward to Mort and Perty curb stomping the Imperium.

Hopefully as a team.

Him and pretty much everyone else who isn't imperial or craftworlder until the fanboys in the fluff department are purged or reeled in, which is probably never.

It's from BL.

Also, Wrath of Magnus

>"You have a whole Hell-Forge sitting around making your wargear for you? That's slavery!"
>"It's society. They work for each other, Mort. They pay each other. They buy hab-blocks. They get augmented and make vat-spawn that replace them when they get too unstable to make wargear."
>"That just sounds like slavery with extra steps!"

>almost sixteen years old:
So there's a 99.9% chance it's far better than anything, before or after, that might contradict it.