How many ongoing campaigns are you involved in right now, Veeky Forums?

How many ongoing campaigns are you involved in right now, Veeky Forums?

Sadly zero.
College in rural GA is a cold, desolate land.
Also, we have like 30 degree weather in mid-March, what's up with that?

Just one.

I'm DMing.

I miss being a player, but no one else ever wants to DM, or is really bad at it (I'm not saying I'm great, just not really bad).

Three.

3. One where I am Gm, one where I am a player, and one online.

Life is good.

My last campaign ended three weeks ago on a high note. I'm up to my work in university shit and it's not gonna let up until July.
I don't think I'm gonna make it, bruv.

Ironic. I'm in just one campaign, as a player, and I sorely miss being the GM.

i'm a full-time med student and still am able to run 3 games and play in 1. get fucked on.

>Went from being in 4 campaigns a week to being in 0
>For over a year

Seven, with an eighth likely to start soon. Six and the upcoming one are online games, only one is an actual IRL group. Although oddly enough I've come to prefer text based RP online to the IRL stuff.

Zero. It's been like that for years.

like maybe 5, or 6 right now, my dude

None, but I do go to a weekly board game night at a friend's apartment with a bunch of college buddies.

Two. One as a player, the other as a GM. My GM is also one of my players and we always exchange ideas. Life is good.

I went into this thread looking for this reply, and I was not disappointed.

I DM in one and I PC in one, although the former is on hiatus.

Thinking about joining an online one.

two
one is a sequel that we started in january to a story we did that lasted two years until some people fucked it up and the other is almost a year long with some of the people that fucked up the last story

A player in 3 (2 online, one in meatspace), a DM in 1 (meatspace).

Life's good.

I don't even play Veeky Forums related games. I'm just here for my daily source of keks after my day of being a productive member of society.

Send Help! The North Koreans Ha-

I'm involved in a campaign to take control of a group of MtG players from the bastard of a back stabber who I thought was a friend.

Does that count?

You're gonna need to elaborate on that one

lewd one
mine
m8s
???friend trying to run AP???

Three.

This thread is good on so many levels.

I'm GMing two right now, both online. One fantasy mystery horror campaign, one fantasy swashbuckling exploration campaign, highly serialized and character-driven. When people can't make one or the other I run a Mass Effect homebrew where every session is 100% episodic, the squad is whoever bothered to show up, and TPKs happen every 3-4 sessions on average.

Actually ongoing?
Three: An Asia-flavored one i run, a Bloodborn-inspired one play in and a fantasy one that will restart after a longer break in two weeks.

In addition to those, there are a bunch of games that our group might revisit, maybe not, but that where never 'officially' ended, like campaigns in Call of Cthulhu, D&D, Dresden Files and Vampire Dark Ages...

ein

A player in 3, all online (with people I know IRL but we're all scattered across the U.S. at the moment).
I'd like to GM again, but there's not really enough time in the week to do that and have more than *maybe* two players.

2 campaigns that have finished the published story and are now on their own story
3 campaigns in progress, played based on who is available when
1 play by post game that i am DMing

I'm up your alley, except my local games store burned down last year. Nothing 'round for miles.

DMing 6 of them

fucking kill me

One, we've only had a single session because everyone's schedules are always in conflict.

Used to be two but the DM eventually lost inspiration (IIRC) and since English isn't my first language I was having a hard time keeping up in voice chat anyway.

I might start my own campaign eventually. Some day. Maybe.

Arguably 4. One is dying, one has issues getting started. One solid one for over a year, approaching 2 years, and dm'ing one, al is it barely started.

4. I'm DMing three.
Holy fuck, how are you not dead?

Seek help immediately

No can do, old chum. Two are longrunners and one I'm doing in person. It seems strange, but I use DMing as a method to relax.

I just have no life, no gf, no job, no education, nothing.

Playing half of em online, half irl.

Life is...it works.

Two. One is longrunning but we only get to meet every few months due to life being a thing, while the other meets very often but is going to come to an end soon due to the GM having made it to take up a certain amount of time. It's likely that there'll be another to replace the second, or if I get the gumption up to actually search for an online game.

Offered to try GMing the occasional session with my own campaign to give my GM the occasional break. I don't think I'm very good at it, but the other two seem to be enjoying themselves.

Is there a specific place/site that you guys at? The sites I have seen have always been lacking in GMs or games with open slots.

>Making friends in hard :(

Just bee yourself and everything will be fine forever.

two

one player
one DM

My buddy's apartment
Online faggotry is cancer

I'm GMing one and it's slowly just fading into nothingness because my inability to organize session dates and my players are busy with their gfs and being responsible adults.

Three, one is on hiatus the other just lost an important player who jumped off and the last one gets played once a full moon when work schedules align.

End my suffering.

Three. One fantasy, one sci fi, one weird west.

3, was 4 but that one failed after 2 sessions

Okay.

>Meet "Sam" Nov 15, invites me to come and play EDH with his group of friends
>Used to play MtG back in middle and high school, friends stopped so I had no one to play with
>And there is no LGS
>Say sure
>Actually have a pretty fun time
>Notice "Sam" is a bit of a weasel when it comes to playing, always setting people against eachother so he can win
>Whatever, some people only have fun winning
>About a year goes by, notice this behavior of placing himself first pretty much goes through all of everything he does with MtG
>Especially trades
>Never bases trades on value until you bring it up, but he definitely knows the value of most cards so he ends up getting a ton of stuff unfairly unless somebody else steps in
>When we draft, he always provides boosters, but always at an extreme profit to him
>Always stops people from scooping when they can't win because "It'll screw up the math" but always scoops when he can't win despite the same issue
>Literally will not do a thing unless he can gain advantage from it
>Can't really stop playing, because it is the only MtG group in a 50 mile radius and aside from him the group is pretty great, including some old friends from school I got back in touch with
>The backstab really comes in Feb '17
>I've been working a part time temp IT job for the City government
>Actually enjoy it because I like the problem solving
>City turns it into a full time position... but has to open job offer to the public
>Fair enough, it's government after all
>Find out "Sam" applied to the job
>Not through him, of course, but through a mutual friend at his other job
>This is my only job
>I am getting my life back on track wth this job
>And "Sam" not only doesn't tell me he's applying despite having decent job, he uses my Dad (who also works IT) as a reference without even asking him

Three. All of them started within the last two months. This after a drought of like, four years. And honestly I'll be surprised if any of these games last longer than a month from now.

Now, I knew there was a good chance somebody more qualified would get the job over me, that's fine. I even understand him applying for it, it's a good job after all. What I don't like is the other disrespect for me or my dad. He didn't even talk to me about the fact to apply, not even to apologize. He didn't ask my dad if it was okay to use my dad as reference, which is sketchy as fuck.

So now the plan is to move the MtG group to a different place, probably under the guise of "Oh, we don't want to rely on just one person to play." Three of the people in the group (two of who are actually good friends) are working on it with me, finding a location to play that's easy to get to for others in the group, along with phone numbers and stuff of everybody who plays.

So yeah, that's the plan.

However, I have been planning a fresh one for years and now I have very motivated players in a small group ready to build campaign material and play the campaign. If I can just finish up some things, I'll be playing again.
I would run one online but my "consistent" online friends are hard to plan for.

Roll20 has the greatest repository of games and slots, so
if that shit doesn't work, I don't know what does.

In practice, I'm trying to settle which one of the housing situations is optimal.

>DM starts flaking out
>Weekly games turn into bi-weekly
>Sessions get shorter
>Find myself having trouble getting immersed despite my desperate attempts to support the DM

Start shooting up a city

Hold out in a bar for like 80 combat rounds

Listen to Animal Collective

Start some kinda salsa company

Four, two of which I GM. There used to be five, but it didn't take. There are also two other games which are tangentially related that I'm not a part of.

Two, both as a player, one a solo deal with a cool friend in 2e d&d for that old school anyone can die feel, and one in shadowrun in a custom setingm the setting is neat, but im not sure the gm really chose the right system for it. Shadowrun is fun and all, but I can't help but think theres gotta be a better systen for 1860 magitech politicing and spycraft.

Abandon ship, sir. Your DM probably doesn't have any of his campaign planned out and is hoping just the fact that everyone in your group getting together is enough to keep things going. Him being inconsistent with scheduling is part of a larger issue, that being he either doesn't know how to plan things long-term/manage his time effectively, and/or has legitimate issues with social interactions that limit his ability to consistently get together with other people on a regular basis. Short-term it's okay and obviously outings like dinner and such are fine, but something like DnD that requires commitment and consistency and a DM motivated to provide a fun and immersive experience is probably beyond this guy's abilities.

one 3.5, one 5e, and one for a recently translated game called kamigakari.

All in all, they're pretty fun.

Is bi-weekly really so bad? Sometimes we go once a month or less if people are busy.

"Hey mom, can you give me a ride to D&D? N-no, mom, I didn't look for a job today... Um, me and the guys took down a Beholder, though!"

>this is what Millennials actually believe

2, one as a GM and the other as a player.
Cant do either regularly due to army tho.

2 shadowruns as a gm, one as a player
One d&d 5e as a player
One v:tm as a player
One symbaroum as a player
My weeks are kinda busy

Zero right now. I was in a PFS group with friends, but had to drop out for responsibilities. When those cleared up, group was full.

Old group for DnD, we're just all getting older busier, and moving further apart(literally. Some folks moving out of state and shit). So if we ever do do a game, it's usually only a couple times a year.

Third group I was a part of may be ramping up again soon, but it's a lot of "Yeah, we should really get together" non-commital talk, so meh.

I was in a PbP Pathfinder campaign until this time last week. The GM pulled the plug on Wednesday because we've had several hiatus over almost four years(!), and we were just having a harder and harder time getting up to speed again. Probably for the best: with all the stop-and-starting, we'd only just started the second book of the Rise of the Runelords AP.

Define ongoing.

If "on hiatus but may theoretically come back some day" counts as ongoing, one. If not, zero.

The idea of playing with strangers instead of my usual group intimidates me because I used to be That Guy and don't want to ruin someone else's game by relapsing.

>game anxiety
I feel you

she's much more worried about my drug abuse, so dnd sessions actually come as a relief for her

its a flawless plan, really

Running 2

Grimwyrd: a tale of dark fantasy
Firefly; the Verse

0, because my old one got flooded with newfags and all the old players left

Just one, and it's just barely being kept alive on life support as lack of interest and retarded players try their hardest to kill it.

Most I've ever been in was 4 though. It's strange going from so many to basically none.

I don't want to be a dick about this, but I think the expression is "once in a blue moon". Unless you're group is werewolves

In the middle of one as a player and about to start one online as a DM with some friends from high school.

First time doing it online and it is suffereing trying to get them online and making characters.

Three!
I'm running one and playing in two of them.

I currently GM two games, one Pathfinder and the other DnD 5e. I'm a player in three other Pathfinder campaigns, and I do a bit of playing and GMing in a rotating GM game with my friends. Most weekends are pretty busy, with at least one game, sometimes two. The 5e game is run weekly online.

Running 2 ongoings at the moment.

I like one more than the other.

3 ongoing
2 that we never finished
2 that a couple friends are planning soon
1 single session i'm planning just to dick around, that might eventually turn into a campaign

my group can't get enough.