Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/duel-decks-mind-vs-might-2017-03-20
How would you rate them, Veeky Forums? Is it better than Nissa vs. Ob and Blessed vs. Cursed?
I hoped for snow lands

The choice of legends tickles my Timmy. I fucking love both Luvisa and the red version of Kamahl.

Kamigawa cards in Mind are neat too, but I think Might is an overwhelmingly stronger deck.

>The Kamigawa cards get new art with Akki

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Does anyone think it's odd that there are no new cards in this set? I had thought that usually Wizards tossed in a card or two from the next set (Amonkhet) but there's none here.

I'm also really digging the new art and flavor text for the Unspeakable

They didn't do any new cards for Nissa vs Ob, did they?

Nissa vs Ob came out after BfZ. Zendikar vs Eldrazi came before BfZ, and had new cards in them

The new art with Lovisa alone in the middle of nowhere trigger my autism.

Maybe next time they reprint Marchesa she'll be alone in the middle of a desert.

Yeah, but Amonkhet is a completely new plane, while in Blessed vs. Cursed and Zendikar vs. Eldrazi are both returns planes.

I was hoping for snows too, or at least neat full arts

Same guy again as here. Pretty underwhelmed by the decks as a whole. Hopefully the deck boxes aren't cheap/flimsy junk.

Well, I'm new here so I'm not sure how good they are desu. Which cards make them so neat?

I don't get what you're asking, sorry.

Sorry for my broken english. I mean to ask which cards in these duel decks are good reprints. I see that more people are ok with these decks - at least more than with nissa vs. ob

np dude. I don't think the decks are like, bad, but I'm not personally excited by any of the reprints.

You're not excited by the climactic return of the majestic bearded flying vagina monster?

What was the best duel deck? I think its Heroes vs Monsters but I havent played for very long

Goblins vs elves

If i may ask a stupid question how does suspend work with storm do you choose the order of the spells to remove time counters from?

Young Pyromancer is pretty crazy.

Elspeth vs. Kiora is amazing

When this get released do the the cards from
Nissa vs. Ob no longer become playable?

Duel decks are never standard viable

Elspeth vs Tezzeret.

I too hoped for snow lands user and so I'm very salty. I wanted to give Skred Red a try.

That said I am quite literally mixed about this, some reprints look great, some reprints make you scratch your head, I NEVER though I'd see The Unspeakable ever again, and Coat of Arms is a neat reprint to get from all of this.

This is the closest I'll get to playing my high school magic, as I was a little kid with no Magic allowance from Odessey to Lorwyn who spent lunch money savings on two packs a week and had to get by with said Unspeakable deck.

I'll toss a coin.

they look fun to play but no value whatsoever

My Lorwyn Elf Precon got me through High School.

They have a hard-on for reprinting Kamhal and Call the Herd. Why they would fucking reprint Mind's Desire after releasing it in FTV: Lore is ridiculous.

What a fucking useless company. They're certainly accomplishing their goal of never reprinting expensive shit in product. Of course, it wouldn't be expensive shit if they actually reprinted it.

At least they're giving old cards new art.

>new art
You mean, "spare art we had sitting around".

I know that comes off ridiculously cynical, but given the choice between access to cards and new art, I would take access every day so I don't understand why you feel that finding the silver lining in "new art" is anything but a mediocre salve for all the butthurt going around regarding availability or other priorities like Standard eating shit for the past few years. Go ahead, look up how many times Kamhal has been reprinted, or Char, or Figure of Destiny.

I'm just surprised that people are happy with receiving dogshit product. This product sells, but it is utter crap; it feels bad to love this game when this is how the company feels about us or how they know players are so fucking stupid that they'll buy anything because it has "new art".