Neighbors, don't forget that it's the birthday of the man who taught us it's okay to make believe

Neighbors, don't forget that it's the birthday of the man who taught us it's okay to make believe.

I love fa/tg/uys just the way you are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Upm9LnuCBUM
youtu.be/OFzXaFbxDcM
dandwiki.com/wiki/Mr._Rogers_(3.5e_Deity)
youtube.com/watch?v=4PN5JJDh78I
youtube.com/watch?v=m6ugFcwsgpE
youtube.com/watch?v=oXQsq-epcHg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers
youtu.be/fKy7ljRr0AA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't get my hopes up, user. We all know we're just going to go back to hating ourselves tomorrow, because we don't do anything worthwhile with our lives, and then not doing anything worthwhile with out lives because we hate ourselves.

You can't do it alone, but if you need it done that means you're alone.

Bumping for Truth!

Mr. Dressup (Ernie Coombs) was our Canadian version of Mr. Rogers. And was actually Fred Rogers' understudy for years, so he knew his stuff, and was much beloved by Canadian children during his 30 year run as a result.

also
>tfw you read the quote in his voice

Just letting you know, that I love you just the way you are OP. Keep on rocking

Wait, today is Fred Rogers' birthday? How did I never know this? This is my birthday, too. That...that's giving me a lot more feelings than it should be. Well, right on, Mr. Rogers. I'm honored to share a birthday with you.

For our 10th birthday, we bemoaned how Veeky Forums used to be much better. Can we discuss the good things we've imagined in the past year, in his honor?

youtu.be/Upm9LnuCBUM

That's nice! You're nice. Have a nice day.

There was the Futuristic Dark Souls homebrew tg worked on.

I'm glad you're my neighbors Veeky Forums.

> Mr. Rogers died over ten years ago and some change
It really doesn't feel like it's been that long. Where does the time go?

For people like us? Down the drain, wasted, never to return.

it's been fifteen, user

youtu.be/OFzXaFbxDcM
What are you growing in the garden of your mind, Veeky Forums?

if this thread 404s early, I'll be disappointed with you, Veeky Forums

Not on my watch it won't. Some things are too good to let slip into the archive before they've grown into what they believe they can be.

I care for you, fa/tg/uys. Never lose hope and forget all the joy life can bring, and has brought before.

S-stop it faggots

Isn't that the guy from the end of the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny?

Love you too, you bunch of faggots.

I might hate the moments where autism flare and the whining drowns everything else, but we saw some very good rimes here and more are coming I am sure.

yes, user. He was the creator and host of show Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, which ran from 1968-2001. He was objectively Lawful Good, and without him, its likely that the VHS would have been banned.

>I love fa/tg/uys just the way you are.
I'm sure even Mr. Rogers had his limits

When fuckers don't use a fucking coaster.

Liberall marxist sjw who tried to turn our kids into pussy faggots.

Do you feel better having gotten that out? I hope so. Have a nicer day now.

>Presbyterian minister
>marxist

would he want you to be using this kind of language, user?

Yeah, Mr Rogers would just ask politely, and while he probably wouldn't care, would point out that other people might not like their tables marked.
Plus, he seems the sort to have a table cloth

Thank God for Mr. Rogers.
And regardless of your personal faith, I love all you Anons too.

>Presbyterian minister

As someone from a country where Presbyterianism is the designated dickhead faith (long with the shadowy bits of the Catholic Church), it warms my heart to know that there are some good ones.

Bill Nye is a massive cunt though. He may have had a good television series but his real life personality was awful. Carl Sagan would be a much better choice as he still inspired millions and was actually a good person on the inside.

honestly, he's the only one that I know about.

God every time these treads pop up I can't help but read along. And every time I end up crying.

I'm not from around, came her from a hidden board. But that post is just... Beautiful.

Just had to mention that, Veeky Forums.

.../qa/? .../z/? .../j/?

Queue-ay where all the frens are @!

its ok user. Its ok to cry.

stat him.

You are all special, and loved.

You're kinda salty, and should work on that, but are still loved.

Honestly Veeky Forums is probably one of the best boards on this website.

was that post deleted, or was that user banned?

It's a toss up between whether he saw the light or that there is justice in the world.

Both options are nice.

I still miss Mister Rogers.

Butler Types: Partner/Veteran

Powers:
Deep Trust. Because of your deep bond of trust with the Master, each time you gain Favor from the Master you receive an additional 2 Favor
Chance Meeting. By taking 2 points of Stress, you can have an NPC who just appeared be someone you knew previously, and decide the nature of that relationship.

Special Qualities: Quiet, Shibui
Weapons: Book, Religious Symbol

Athletics: 4
Affection: 6
Skill: 3
Cunning: 4
Luck: 2
Will: 9

Roots: Affection
Colours: Red Suit, Silver Hair
Starting Favor: 12
Spirit: 90

already done
dandwiki.com/wiki/Mr._Rogers_(3.5e_Deity)

He's right though.

No idea what Bill is like, but the Pale Blue Dot speech dot legitimately makes me feel things, in a way other things don't.

Can't we all just be decent to each other
And even if we can't, that's okay. Violence and misunderstanding and intolerance are part of the human condition. Part of me would feel that we'd lose something if we achieved utopia
Despite being intellectually a nihilist, I'm a dirty romanticist by heart, and I think there is beauty to be found in our "stupidity"

You'd make a good paladin, user.

>muh liberal censorship is justice
Seriously how is this even Veeky Forums?

Thanks man, I do quite like playing the standard Paladin.
I was playing a paladin in my current campaign till I died to an unlucky Orc decapitation.
I'm now playing the goblin who we rescued from being abused by Bugbears, who I converted to Torm's light.

Even when I played the standard LG human Paladin, and I slagged my party members off for being half-breeds or demi-humans or diabolists, I would have given my life for them, and in the end I did.

In RP terms that's what inspired the goblin I converted to go from our butler to a full blown Cleric of Torm

Seconded. Keep up the good fight, user. Be the light in the darkness.

youtube.com/watch?v=4PN5JJDh78I
shitposting about someone being being a marxist cuck is still shitposting. Not defending censorship=justice, just giving possible reasons.

Guys I may be a wee bit drunk now, but watching that again made me cry, which isn't a common occurrence.
Even if can't be all kind to each other, can't we just try to understand each other?

Well spoken, user. He was a shining example of the absolute finest humanity has to offer. We are truly poorer for his absence.

And today, it really was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

>Other people might not like for their tables to be marked, but I never really mind it. Every cup-mark on this table is just another reminder of all the wonderful times I've had with my dearest friends around it.

Yanno, that makes a lot of sense.
I like that sentiment user
Unless it's some sort of antique ancestral table. In which case, why am I using it to game on?

its your table, we should be asking you.

Huh, my mother's birthday was also today. She passed away last July.

I'm sorry user.

My last bump of the night. This thread will probably 404 before I can post again, so I would like to say that those of you in this thread are all some of the best online neighbors one can ask for.

pic related: IRL lawful good cleric/bard

It is important to keep that humbling message in our minds. But, let us not forget what we can be, what wonders we may work.
youtube.com/watch?v=m6ugFcwsgpE

This thread would have cheered me up if there were any hope left.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXQsq-epcHg

There were so many subtleties to the show I missed as a child but can appreciate as an adult. Did you ever notice whenever King Friday XIII ever made a proclamation all of the humans in Make Believe would respond "Correct as always," but when his niece Lady Aberlane would reply it was always with a slight sigh and a "Correct as usual"? Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

The epilogue to pale blue dot is just as fantastic.
It compliments the introduction perfectly

Goddammit OP you got me tearing up at work. Love yall filthy motherfuckers. Be the man fred wanted you to be.

shut up
I just got something in my eye

How do you figure Bill Nye is a cunt?

Last year I got myself into the rpg camp.
Except I was 27yo and the no one else was older than 23 employed people included.

What I learned is that there should be no shame in feeling the progressing age. Thanks to you being the cool, old guy, they can hope that their dreams, worlds and characters will be accepted no matter their progress in life.
Let us play as long as we can and who knows, we may even actually meet each other. I mean, in some metapsychical, weird, abstract way, our characters already did

For all Veeky Forums's autistic screeching about dumb things like "BBEG", you're still my favorite board. I hope you all have a wonderful day, neighbors.

I'm n-not crying, you're (sniff) crying.

I'm sure there's still something you can do user. If you need to talk about anything we're here for you.

15 years from the day we lost Mr Rogers and I lost my grandfather. Rough times.

My brother of Afro-Canadian origin.

Thanks for this whole thread, folks.

You're the first board I'd come across, and the only board that I have some sense of respect towards.

I hope you each find a measure of happiness; some sort of respite from the dreary day-to-day life.

Damn these warm fuzzy feelings, I should be working.

Right back at ya, neighbor.

>Be jaded, cynical, bitter fuck
>See this thread
>Remember this wonderful man and all his lessons
>Oh god, what is this feeling? Am I dying?
>Tear up a bit and some small spark of hope for humanity restored

Hello anons. OP here. I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. But I want to plant a seed of an idea in your heads. I'm hoping that you'll take care of it, and help grow it into a big colorful flower.

It might not grow. And if it doesn't, that's not your fault. Sometimes it's not the right season to plant things. Don't worry. I've got plenty of seeds. We can try again another time.

If you feel like your life isn't worth living for yourself, try living it for other people. There's probably a soup kitchen in your town that could use another hand ladling. The dogs at the local animal shelter almost certainly want someone to walk them and play with them.

I was in your shoes a long time ago, and I know how hopeless it felt. But volunteering changed that. I had people to talk to. People who missed me when I wasn't there. People who depended on me. And all that helped me take off those depressed shoes, put on a pair of sneakers, and start jogging in the right direction.

That's not to say service will fix all your problems. I still don't have a qt3.14 gf and I'm still a good 30 pounds overweight.

But when you start giving, when you start lifting other people up, you show everyone the wonderful things that happen when we all work together. And once the whole world knows the importance of helping each other, sooner or later, someone out there will help lift you up as well.

It's going to be a beautiful flower. I just know it.

>literally who?

What's it with you Americans assuming everyone else knows about your local celebrities?

>He doesn't know Mr. Rogers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers

Patron saint of Veeky Forums, he taught us to talk out our problems, and that it's okay to make believe.

I have been here long enough to recognise faces posted with regularity, regardless of my country of origin, and even if I didn't have Mr. Rogers' lessons in my youth, I respect what is said of the man.

STOP CUTTING ONIONS. THESE ARENT TEARS GO AWAY.

Emphasis on "try."

In the end, failure is the only option. Why give anybody grief over it?

I remember when it wasn't like this. I remember when people on the street recognized me from the local newspaper. Is that what I really miss? The spotlight?

The guy was literally a paladin. He walked into the inky, black heart of evil that is the US congress and he got them to see the light, if only for a moment. He smited evil with words alone.

youtu.be/fKy7ljRr0AA

Honestly it seems like something out of a movie. I used to think the guy was putting on an act until I saw this video and started looking into him.

I'm so glad he spoke up in that Supreme Court case in defense of VHS, or I may never of had these VHS's of his show passed down to me by my grandparents.

What do you mean? I'm not from the US, so all I know about this guy is that he was a fantastically good guy.

That's a pretty good impression, I must say.

He went to congress a couple times in support of stuff like funding for public television and VHS, and came out on top IIRC

He'd flip out if he found out what is happening to the National Endowment for the Arts and PBS

I just went and watched some of his videos and jesus the guy knew how to send a message. His videos got me to tears, both because of how he said it, of why he said it and because of how he knew what to say.

Fuck me, I can see why he is so loved.

It's alright to cry. Crying takes the sad out of you.
Wuss, huhuhuh.

Dammit, Butthead! I was NOT CRYING! It was the onions!

Is this OK to post?

>tfw you had an anti-Mr.Rogers for a dad