Music thread

>general game music thread

What background music do you like using for your campaigns?

I'm running an online game and I need a good way of looping a youtube video of a song in a sort of chat room for my whole group to hear. Any suggestions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9nev2EjEWs
youtube.com/watch?v=5_CKO_NBzG4
youtube.com/watch?v=1KxDZz45Aec
youtube.com/watch?v=QmfKrwyIBdU
youtube.com/watch?v=EU5JxoMQkIk
youtube.com/watch?v=tDgjTP8fuz4
youtube.com/watch?v=ezYjQ9Isv6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RbPoE6t3MN4
youtube.com/watch?v=mhwJBp0Avi4
youtube.com/watch?v=NO_lngAO9H4
youtube.com/watch?v=_V_Eu7OoYNw
youtube.com/watch?v=1A3OJvcO7mw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bTcOEHkqg
youtu.be/jm2GeIrhY5s
youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M
youtube.com/watch?v=e_mBM-ygoKc
youtube.com/watch?v=JeF3-MsziKU
youtube.com/watch?v=oS3hSQcLdBI
youtube.com/watch?v=YOvYe70NpgU
youtube.com/watch?v=O65pPsLQn8Q
soundcloud.com/deadlinkrecordings/sets/aeris-the-awakening-lp
soundcloud.com/upscale-recordings/sets/phizicist-macabre-lp
youtube.com/watch?v=nTeicpbCNEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-6FXeupOp04
youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

by that I mean, what online service can I use where I can just loop tracks for as long as I want?

youtuberepeat is what I use, but I also use Spotify and/or have extended version of the music.

Virtual Audio Cable with hangouts works for me, but it can be used with any other service you want.

Also, just rightclick a youtube vid and press "loop"

I wanna run retro dungeon crawls with nes music.

youtube.com/watch?v=T9nev2EjEWs
youtube.com/watch?v=5_CKO_NBzG4
youtube.com/watch?v=1KxDZz45Aec
youtube.com/watch?v=QmfKrwyIBdU
youtube.com/watch?v=EU5JxoMQkIk

A few samples of the music I have use when run a game with some friends. I have been told by them that it did indeed set the tone of the game. I mostly use these tunes during combat or special events over the course of the story.

anymore melancholy and gloomy tunes like this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=tDgjTP8fuz4

Some jack-ass in my group keeps streaming random electronic music from Youtube during our game sessions. It is seriously the worst thing. He just plays it on his phone speakers as soon as a combat begins. I seriously think it is some sort of subtle ploy to get me have less combat in our games (we have basically none already as it is) but I know better. It's just so fucking annoying, the scratchy sound of some shit from some Tumblr webshow theme song on his terrible quality speakers. I have asked him to stop but he keeps "forgetting" and if I kick him out over that I would look like a sperg. Also we play at his house, so I am pretty much forced to deal with it. But god fucking damn am I sick of music during games. Unless it's ambient music on low volume, it is shit. Ambient music on low volume is god-tier though. I just fucking hate these people who want to play some stupid-ass youtube video music. Half the time it's some shit from a cartoon like Rick and Morty, and I have to listen to those god-awful cartoon character squawks. How the fuck do grown-ass adults watch these shows without wanting to carve out their ear drums? I had a player bring a Steven Universe-inspired character to one of my campaigns once, and I made sure she was killed off in the first session. I guess that's what I get for inviting women to my games but I haven't had this issue when I played with my sister. She likes some of these dumb-ass shows, too, but at least she knows not to make a fucking character out of it.

Anyway here is some music I play during sessions on rare occasions. Very sad and bleak but it fits the tone:

youtube.com/watch?v=ezYjQ9Isv6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RbPoE6t3MN4
youtube.com/watch?v=mhwJBp0Avi4
youtube.com/watch?v=NO_lngAO9H4
youtube.com/watch?v=_V_Eu7OoYNw
youtube.com/watch?v=1A3OJvcO7mw

Your friends are shit and don't represent common attitudes toward music accompanyment with TTRPGs
Then again, you seem to be an insufferable passive-aggressive sperg yourself, so I'm sure you guys deserve each other.

>Then again, you seem to be an insufferable passive-aggressive sperg yourself

And why is that? What am I supposed to do here? I don't want these people playing at my house.

The dungeon synth genre needs more love:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bTcOEHkqg

youtu.be/jm2GeIrhY5s

>What background music do you like using for your campaigns?

It varies from campaign to campaign depending on what I'm GM'ing. The music used for a Sengoku Era Japan game is going to be very different from the music for a Zelda game. In general though, I like to have a few ambient songs that I can play in the background during more general scenes that can contribute without distracting from the game itself, some mood songs to help create atmosphere for more specific scenes, and a handful of very-specific songs to play for instances like a certain recurring NPC coming up.

If you're playing online, Roll20 has a jukebox that can play songs from Fanburst, which has a decent amount of music but still feels lacking at times. It can be hard to find the right music to fit a scene well with a limited selection. I've recently had a lot of trouble finding good ambient and background music, that can play for a long time without getting annoying.

I'm a big believer in having a theme song to kick off a campaign.

With a credits crawl.

The end credits at the end of each session is almost always the first theme song from the US version of Wild ARMs 2, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M

>dungeon synth
wait, this is a thing?

Some people call it a meme game, but The Last of Us had some legit good tunes to have on background for that melancholy feel

youtube.com/watch?v=e_mBM-ygoKc

Atmospheric stuff is good. Less lyrics the better, because lyrics are distracting.

youtube.com/watch?v=JeF3-MsziKU
youtube.com/watch?v=oS3hSQcLdBI
youtube.com/watch?v=YOvYe70NpgU
youtube.com/watch?v=O65pPsLQn8Q

No idea. I'm a different user but I've found similar shit by following goth and metal bands. I'm guessing what makes it "Dungeon" Synth is that it has a RenFair sound (?)

>meme game
Just stop browsing /v/ and learn to enjoy vidya again, it worked wonders for me

Some of the albums we use for our shadowrun campaign:

soundcloud.com/deadlinkrecordings/sets/aeris-the-awakening-lp

soundcloud.com/upscale-recordings/sets/phizicist-macabre-lp

Pal, I ain't him, but it seems to me like you'd be better off trying to get some online games going. Jesus Christ, you are an insufferable prick that I am surprised anyone puts up with. Killing off a character in the first session because you hate what it's based on is just shitty and petty.

You are literally the opposite end of the sperg spectrum in comparison to them.
I hope you find a way not to die of pointless stress-induced heart-attack, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Maybe if you had your own ambient music playing at all times it'd keep the dumbass player in check?

Also honestly I'd ask other players about it, preferably over mail, preferable as part as a series of innocuous questions about other issues. (Y/N questions: Do you mind my occasional ambient music? Do you like the music Dumbass plays every now and then?)
If at least half the group is bothered, you can send him screenshots/results of the survey and pretend you're acting as the voice of the group. Peer pressure is a powerful tool.

>Killing off a character in the first session because you hate what it's based on is just shitty and petty

This.
Had a friend's little sister in high school join our game one time. She wanted to be a catgirl, which was pretty cringey, but we made accommodations to say she was cursed because we wanted her to enjoy the experience.

If you don't like people maybe playing a game based around socialization isn't really for you?

don't die

I play RPGs for the creative outlet and story creation, not for the social aspect.

Then i Look like a twat for conspiring against him. But yeah I should probably play my own music, probably wouldn't stop him though. Also they would probably all hate my music whereas the entire group loves this shitty videogame electronic music.

I'm running a fantasy East Asian style game best described as "R-Rated AtLA". At the start of every session when I recap the previous game night and set the stage for the current one, I play the main them from Ip Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=nTeicpbCNEQ

>I play RPGs for the creative outlet and story creation, not for the social aspect.

You really should just go write a novel then if that's all you want.

For the record I'm stealing everyones music

youtube.com/watch?v=-6FXeupOp04

I find this song makes for an excellent character theme. Especially for specific online encounters.
youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28

I ironically liked pink guy to the point I just actually like him now.