Job interview at Gee Dubs this week

>Job interview at Gee Dubs this week

Literally any tips and advices are appreciated since I'm super nervous about it. Help a fellow fa/tg/uy out!

I hope this is Veeky Forums related enough

What are you shooting for.

What role op?

Sales Assistant

1. do you have a beard/moustache
2. are you a pedophile
3. what is your opinion on AoS

heh

you're hired

Basically they'll ask you a little about your hobby experience, but mostly about common sense customer service, if little Timmy comes in crying with his dad because his superglue turned his Sigmarines into gloop, you say you'd replace that shit.

What are your previous experiences that makes you qualified for this job?

Tell us about one time you were challenged and succeeded.

Give us an example where you failed but managed to grow from the experience.

Any example of a position of authority you held that would make you fit for the job?

Prepare your answers.
Write them here so that we can tell you yes or no.
I know, you want to believe you're ready for anything, but trust me, it really helps.

Good luck!

are you a loyal supplier of the British economy through plastic figures?
yes = hired
no = extermination

Are you confident enough to annoy the fuck out of customers who clearly don't need help or want to be forcefully sold anything but you'll keep trying anyway?

Are you able to spot heresy?

1&2 Njet
3 Never played it but those new steampunk dwarves look dope

I used to work at door-to-door sales so I already have experience about that.

This is going to take a while since English is not my first language but I'll get back to you. Also thanks!

As a IG and IF player yes

>1&2 Njet, 3 Never played it but those new steampunk dwarves look dope

I'm sorry user, unless you're a bearded pedo who loves AoS, I'm afraid we cannot hire you.

I've never interviewed at a GW, but in general I've found that the more prestigious the job you are interviewing at, the less formal the interview itself. I don't mean to offend, OP, but since it's a retail position you should be prepared for more formal questions and a highly structured interview. This sort of shit, right here:
Google how to respond to that shit and for the love of god don't give generic bullshit answers like "I am too much of a perfectionist" and "I've never had a bad experience lol". I take it they already have your resume and cover letter so remember that anything you put on there is game, and they could ask you about any of it. Remember that the guy hiring you has to actually want to work with you. There are many reasons they might want to work with you. You're on Veeky Forums so I take it that, like me, you are probably not terribly outgoing. I've always just managed to demonstrate competency and interest and that has worked for me in the past, but I haven't worked retail in over a decade. In a retail position they probably just want someone who's reliable and personable. Since it's GW, convince them you'll happily shill even their shittiest product. "Yes, I absolutely LOVE age of sigmar" is your life now.

Good luck, OP, I'm sure you've got this. PS. If you have weird posture practice your responses to stock questions in a mirror or on video and then watch it after and correct your physical and vocal ticks

Be wary about looking *too* into their products. They want an employee, not a drooling fanboy who is likely to waste time starting at boxes and considering whether its worth stealing them or not.

Damn, thinking of answers in English is actually really hard.

>What are your previous experiences that makes you qualified for this job?
I have experience working at retail in door-to-door sales so I can talk a lot about that. I’m also part of this sport club where I regularly teach and train young lads (like 12 to 15 yos) so that should help as well.

>Tell us about one time you were challenged and succeeded.
>Give us an example where you failed but managed to grow from the experience.
We came second in the national championship of this obscure sport. I took it really personally and trained hard for the entire year and we actually got the first place the year after. I’m a really goal driven person.

Would that be a sufficient answer for both of the questions?

>Any example of a position of authority you held that would make you fit for the job?
Since I’m just 20yo I actually don’t have that much experience in authority other than that sports club. Well I guess being second in command in my squad during my conscription counts as well.

Good points, thank you sirs

That's a solid start, but remember to go even further, you were on the right track when you said you were a goal driven person when talking about that competition.

Ideally, even if it's a bit monotonous, you should have answers ready that could go like this:
Experience in working a retail door to door -> learned how to deal with clients like this or that situation where this or that happened -> this shows that I have strong interpersonal skills and am proficient in dealing with client demands, able to satisfy them in a timely manner, meet deadlines/quotas, etc.

Any job, any experience can be used as a solid base to show your worth if you know how to turn it to your advantage.

I ended up talking for 40 mind about why the fact that I painted miniatures and handled the role playing society of my university would make me a good lawyer. Similarly, another dude ended speaking for a whole hour about his job as a pizza deliverer.

Your previous job and your sport position are already major points in your favor, make sure to pull everything you can from them, qualities that can come to use for the job, with examples on how you actually have them.

Pull a list of qualities from internet and see if you can pick like 5 and explain in depth why you have those with examples.

Similarly, you might be asked about a flaw that you have. Find one that isn't too shit. Lazy, not organised, coleric are big no nos. The best way to do this is again to use an example. You talking the defeat personnaly can be used as an example for that, because what is important is not to pull yourself down, but rather to show that you were able to go beying this flaw and try to turn it into a quality (again). For example, you missed a deadline once (but not by much), that happens to everyone, well now you make sure to be more organised for that to never happen again.

>I ended up talking for 40 mind about why the fact that I painted miniatures and handled the role playing society of my university would make me a good lawyer

Q: How can you tell if an user is a lawyer?
A: They'll tell you

I'm just joking, that's not supposed to be a personal attack. My 2L interviews went almost exactly the same way :^)

>I ended up talking for 40 mind about why the fact that I painted miniatures and handled the role playing society of my university would make me a good lawyer. Similarly, another dude ended speaking for a whole hour about his job as a pizza deliverer.
Heh I have a similar experience for my current job's interview.

Thank you so much for your help, this going to go a long way

Beyond all else, don't bullshit. A decent interviewer can pick up on that with relative ease. If you don't know or are unsure about an answer, say so but add on that you're willing to learn (x) topic. Sound eager, but not desperate.

For example, my personal background is in IT - just computers, however. I've been out of the IT sector for two years, and was interviewing for a tier two, technical job. Half the workload was with telecommunications (phones). I didn't know a goddamn thing about that. Did exactly as I recommend. Same thing for a specific routing protocol, which was firmly in my wheelhouse. Had a great interview with both the team leads as well as the division manager for IT services in my city. Got called back two hours with a decent job offer.

Just be passionate and honest. You'll do fine.

You bet your ass I'm gonna tell you I'm lawyer, that job was hard as hell to get, and I love it. I k ow that another user here is a lawyer as well, but he's a defense attorney in the US while I'm into corporate.

People underestimate how much the simplest job can mean. You quickly learn how to turn everything you did into an asset for your CV.
Even then, for someone to handle both a job and studies completely is a solid testament to their skill.

My pleasure my dude.

>Even then, for someone to handle both a job and studies completely is a solid testament to their skill.
Personally most of my interview for a nanotech process development engineer job was about my passion for running, RPGs, the fact that I was chief editor at my uni's journal and an old internship in a missile factory. Even if my last internship was 6 months working for their biggest customer, they weren't curious about that.

I gues they are fewer people in your sector than mine, maybe?

In my case it's litteraly 1200 people for 20-50 places, and that's for the 2 weeks internship that may or may not end up in an offer for the actual job, after which you still need to spend a year passing qualifications (not the job) and 2 years as a trainee (the actual job). At the end of the 2 years, you mifht not be kept (although it is rare sonce the selection is drastic beforehand)

It's kinda depressing really. You have no choice but to be perfect in every way. A big farm I tried to apply to posted on their fb page at some point, to show someone they called "the kind of people we have here" or some bullshit like that.
The dude was a goddamn olympic champion in London.

Really? The GW stores I've been in I've never seen anything pushed at all.

This. Sales Assistant is, unsurprisingly, all about sales now. It used to be that game knowledge was just as important but that's disappeared and you only need a cursory understanding of the products, just enough to sell them.

You'll be indoctrinated in the GW hard sell approach, where you have to push shit on your customers as they browse. You'll be told what conversation topics are verboten in the store, and told to examine converted models people bring into the store to game with to make sure they don't use any non-GW parts.

GW stores have quite strict sales quotas so be ready to raise your hardsell game to meet them.