How viable are these half shoe things? Where basically your foot is still exposed but your arch is covered...

How viable are these half shoe things? Where basically your foot is still exposed but your arch is covered. I always seen art and descriptions of characters wearing foot wear like this is this just "looks cool" or does it have any purpose besides that?

Depends on the sorts of places you are walking, but in rougher terrain it won't provide too much protection due to how thin it is.

Have you never played sports? Its the exact see thing as taping your feet up. Impractical for normal humans that are travelling long distances, but you can easily wear shoes over them

It's mostly a fetish thing. That being said, some people prefer to run barefeet, shoes before industrialisation were exceedingly expensive, and beast races might have claws or pads or some shit.

Shoes are for people who walk long distances over hard, rough surfaces. These things are like athletic tape crossed with thick socks, fine if you're a tree-dweller or plains-running nomad who doesn't need hard protection of the sole and benefits from the natural contours of the feet in regard to moving about.

>exceedingly expensive

Not really though? people just used wooden shoes rather than fancy leather contraptions.

It just looks nice

Bumping for my fetish

Also post more qt's wearing half-shoes

Artist shorthand. It lets you know that this character is of some sort of bestial non-human race.

I'm thinking of windranger from Doto.

Opening up the front toes lets you have unrestricted movement with them, letting you push forward more. The back remains protected, as that's the part you land your foot on.

Expect lots of calluses and pedicure treatment.

>How viable are these half shoe things?
It it doesn't cover your whole foot, it's not viable as a shoe.

It's probably good if you have

BIG

MEATY

CLAWS

That come out of your feet, instead of nails, so it sort of makes sense for some beast races. Not the one in OP's post though, which just has human feet.

They're not good for rough terrain, but they have the arch support of a shoe while still leaving the feet exposed to naturally toughen the skin.

Now imagine, if you will, a versatile piece that can works as a shin guard in easy terrain and solid sole in rough terrain

That's just a sandal that you can wear like a tard.

Expect windrunner is like part of the wind or some shit

Either way if shes on the Dire side her feet must be going though hell

>that skin tone

Now I'm just imagining Dear Leader having some mongoloid son he kept hidden away for fear of shaming the family name, trying his best to cosplay as Link but ending up more like something out of Filthy Frank's shit, just banging his head against a tree and screeching "I'M ZELDA! I'M ZELDA!" over and over.

It's totally just a fetish thing. It looks good on woman and that's about it. Same reason why most of fantasy-esque woman are drawn the way they are, because of someone's fetish.

this cat girl obviously has an ankle injury or is using compression stockings to slow down her varacus veins...

Ah the answer for mostly everything id say

"its just someones fetish"