What should I call my Chinese-themed Iron Hands descended 22nd founding Space Marine chapter?

What should I call my Chinese-themed Iron Hands descended 22nd founding Space Marine chapter?

I'm thinking maybe "Green Standard Marines" - the Green Standard Army was used by the Qing dynasty to put down the Taiping rebellion, and green is a good color for Marines - but the name seems a little cumbersome, and I'm open to other suggestions.

Ancient, Imperial, and Revolutionary China all work, so long as it is Chinese and not Korean/Japanese/Mongolian/etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinyiwei
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Green Unusual Marines".

That was hilarious

The Divine Mandate?

Red Hares
Jade Dragons
Tomb Warriors
Qirin Legion
Golden Hounds/Stone Hounds/Guardian Hounds

The "Overrated Stealing Sun Jian's Achievements" Marines

The "40k is shit and I should feel bad" marines.

The Sleeping Dragons
The Second Brothers
The Unifiers

Also, get an allied Dreadknight and name it Zhao Yun.

Assuming the Divine Mandate is here applied to the Emperor of Man, that implies there are gods greater than him, which is generally a nono for 40k loyalist fluff.

The CaoCao did nothing wrong Marines

The Winged Tigers

It doesn't have to apply to the Emperor himself. You could fluff these Chinaman marines as administrators and empire builders like the Ultras. Then the term "Divine Mandate" can refer to the marines themselves, who rule with the Emperor's blessing.

The Emperor's Pretty Robes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinyiwei

Honestly I think that name is pretty bad. Unless people get the reference immediately, which they won't, it sounds like Standard Green Marines, the Green Marines who are entirely Standard. You could work the Green Standard in somewhere else, like as a Chapter banner or something.

For the name, something else would work better IMO, like this user says . Since it's Iron Hands then maybe put in a hand reference there - just run through a thesaurus for as many variants of hand, glove, gauntlet, fist, claw, etc as you can find and pick the one you like the best.

the jade warriors ?

Jade Golems, to trigger all the Hearthstone players.

As many people have said they should be the jade SOMETHINGS

Jade Dragoons
Jade Falcons
Jade Serpents
Jade Pheonix
Jade Tigers
Jade Tortoise (During the Han dynasty, people often wore jade pendants that were in the shape of turtles. Because of ancient Chinese influence on Japan, honorific titles and badges in Japan also often referred to the turtle or tortoise)

I would find something more impressive sounding than Tortoise though... Like

Tetsudo
Terrapin
Tarrasque

Just make sure they're Salamanders descendants, because FIRE ATTACK FIRE ATTACK FIRE ATTACK

The Emperor's Shadows, you know the weeaboo looking fucks that already exist, now stop trying to pollute my chapter with your weak flesh.

Isn't Jade Something kind of, you know, predictable? There are a lot of great references to Chinese folklore and history OP could take.

I remember this one fairy tail about a demon called the Black General. I think that's a great chapter name right there.

Jade Claws, Jade cuz china, claws cuz hands.

Can't fit anything which quite fits.

There were forces which employed a high number of war wagons, but it's a bit of a stretch to associate that with mechanization.

There's also the eighteen men of bronze, automata of chinese folklore that martial artists must defeat in training or to become masters.

Further, there's the fantasy/mythology genre of "xianxia", based around heroes trascending the mundane world to become immortals (Xian), but again, bit of a stretch to link that to bionics purging the weakness of flesh.

There is a tale of a artisan named Yan Shi which built a seemingly perfect android.

If naming them for jade, use something like "Nephrite Marines". Nephrite or white jade was the most valued of all by chinese, worth more than gold.

Other chinese derived traits could be the use of "power jian swords", bonding studs covering the whole armor to mimic chinese brigandine armor and many, many rockets. The chinese had even shields with hidden rockets.

You could also make associations between chinese dragons and the C'tan on Mars.

Jade Fists/Palms/Claws/Talons with corresponding oriental theme, add as much wuxia as you desire

The Imperial Mandate then?

How the fuck do you make 40k minis look ancient Chinese imperial themed?

Mandate Imperium