Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere...

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

> Nurgley delight-edition.

> 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

> List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

> Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

> Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

> Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

> End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

> Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

> Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

> Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Last Thread

Whoops, done goof'd and forgot the name.

Good job, OP.

Will remake it properly when the time limit is up.

I can still find the thread by searching up Warhammer, it's fine.

Technically those sorts of people wouldn't know how to fight as soldiers, even though hunters/poachers would probably be pressed as peasant archers. They might be able to defend themselves, but they'd be closer to a peasant mob than Men at Arms.

I would have loved Bretonnians recruiting criminals and bandits to serve in their armies, earning a pardon through military service and making use of people who actually roughly know how to kill, but you could argue it goes against the flavor of Bretonnia. When the High Elves see some lumberjacks being badass, they make an elite guard out of them. If Bretonnia saw lumberjacks being badass, they'd probably treat them worse for thinking they were as good as nobles.

>woke up this morning
>still Warhammer CRPG

Aren't white lions treated like some kinds of backwards hillbillies as well?

Kindly no post 6th edition or Total War: Warhammer. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

pathetic

Not even a good copypasta.

I'm not sure - they seem well respected enough to me, and I know I think they're badass.

They sure are badass. Maybe not the white lions themselves, but I'm pretty sure to have read somewhere that at least Chrace was considered a more backwards place compared to the rest of Ulthuan. It's basically countryside. Hopefully I'm not talking dumb shit right now.

No, you have a point - for a long time it was just a place for people to get back to nature or be rednecks, I believe. It's only since Dark Elves started attacking there that it's gotten more, and even then it's fortified cities amid forests and mountains and plains.

Why do Dark Elves have to ruin everything?

0/10

Fuck that's bad garbage, and I'm not that big of a fan of the last two editions.

Kindly no AoS shills. If that is your cup of tea go to your local GW.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There were still a few 2nd edition book covers to get through... so close.

Kings of War, 9th Age and 8th Edition are the big three and probably account for over half the fan base. The rest are anything from older editions, skirmish games and homebrew.

None of the big three have a clear lead and it will totally depend on your area.

Good thing is, you can play all three with square bases.

9th Age is definitely the most popular in my area followed by 8th. Haven't seen much of KoW.

I don't know which banner you mean user?

I bet you nu-fantasy cucks are also okay with discussing endtimes? Because 7th made drastic changes to the lore that completely changed the feel of warhammer, and 8th is literally the setup for the endtimes. Anything after 6th is fanfiction tier garbage and should be treated as such. Warhammer is about peasant farmers defending their homes against impossible odds and dying in a ditch from a dung covered arrow. 7th and onward turned it into epic high fantasy where fucking laser beam dinosaurs and elves with flying chariots and steamshit tanks for the empire. Whatever happened to the common man? From the beginning, that's what warhammer has always been about. When you start focusing on armies and battles and monsters and epic heroes, you completely lose sight of the original feel of it. Anything after 6th completely fucks your beloved old world roughly in the ass with no lube, and might as well go in the shitter with age of smegmar. It's not canon, period, and should be ignored as such. Any faggots okay with this nonsense can go play with cataphract overdorfs steamshits with the 3 other mongs and their dog who actually play AoS

>

Because they can't win, so they might as well screw things up.

Anyone in the northern NJ area looking for a 8th/9th player? Bret-fag here looking for a group/gamer bro to play with

I admit I'm no picasso myself, but that is one awful shitty paintjob on those knights.

work in progress foo' !

I'm not reading all that shit nigger.

Next thread I'm changing the opening to read Warhammer Fantasy 1st to 8th edition just to piss you off.

I mean, the nobles would probably not even notice the efforts of a peasant no matter what.

If he's an especially good meat shield he might get to keep one of his pigs this winter.

Good luck with 'em.

Wrong. You need to read Knights of the Grail and Barony of the Damned.

Better, smarter nobles often recognize more valuable, capable peasants. Hell, even a fucking Mousillonian vampire can. Social interaction is, however, very limited.

Knights of the Grail is basically a canon unto itself, where the knights are reasonable overlords, the peasants sort of run the state, and the Lady takes care of the rich and poor alike.

>no Gotrek and Felix side scrolling Beat em up

To be fair, it's attempting to make sense of something that was twisted to not make sense due to grimdark, and was never fully explained anyway. And it still doesn't explain a lot of things, like trade and how some peasants can become skilled craftsmen or who actually builds all the stuff in Bretonnia.

Knights of the Grail is canon, and there's nothing in it that GW didn't give the okay on.

You didn't think nobles stooped to merchantry or artisan trades in their cities, did you?

>who actually builds all the stuff in Bretonnia

Wall wardens, apparently.

It's almost as if in a period before the modern state each community was fairly individual.

Same goes for every other faction, the highest authority for most people is the local Lord, Prince or Count. There's a lot of room for individualism and so both can exist in tandem.

I really wish they dropped the shit covered inbred peasants stuff. As part of the chivalrous code, a lord should be able to provide for his people and his villages and populace should appear healthy and prosperous. After all, if your lands are shit, how are you supposed to fund all those wars? If your peasants are all smelly hunchbacks, how are you supposed to have a healthy stock to draw capable men at arms from? Knights whose peasants are all grimderp flea ridden subhumans should be ridiculed by their fellow knights, and possibly have their right to the land challenged.
To avoid this becoming too noblebright, you could have some (most) lords go as far as order the execution of any crippled, deformed or exceptionally ugly citizens, leading to a massive population of mutants and ungors infesting the woods

Your last suggestion was undertaken by a Mousillon noble, only he takes the mutants, murders them, and stores them for his impending zombie army to attack those fags in Lyonesse with.

Carcassonne is also known for relatively free, healthy, and militant peasants.

Some of the 'slavering inbred monster' stuff is tongue-in-cheek/propaganda.

I swear to the Lady, if GW ever bring back Bretonnia as part of MtO I will drop at least £300 in one weekend.

But how do they learn how to do that? I liked some concept art that portrayed architects as being almost monkish individuals, making it interesting to imagine them tied into the cult of Verena or some such.

Apparently the nobles specifically select some of their peasants for education, "generously" paying for education...with the caveat that they'll be paying back the bill forever.

In the cities, you probably see the nascent middle class sending their children to learn trades.

I imagine in exactly the same way real guilds worked in the medieval period.

Don't get my feels up...

We'll get there one day user... one day.

Honestly though...I hope GW doesn't bring them back. I hope that the 3rd party manufacturers begin making a killing on sales from us, and GW is left out in the cold. Serves them right, they had their chance to keep the race alive, they chose to bastardize it, and treat it like it was a forgotten step daughter of the red haired variety. So fuck 'em. They'd just want to revive them just to make money off of them, and do so by turning out beloved race into some Age of Sigmar franken-race.

You know how most factions got some fuckhuge model towards the end of WFB? If the Bretonnians hadn't been skipped over, what unit do you think they would have?

It wouldn't have been fuckhuge, but it would have either been Giles le Breton, mounted on some bad ass ride. or the Lady of the Lake herself or in some incarnate form.

That or, perhaps a huge ass wooden tower, that houses the grail itself. Think of a very very well made seige tower looking device, pulled by pegasus, and it can open up and has the grail inside, along with Giles' sword and lance. And it can have the properties of something like the Skaven Screaming bell... That's my idea anyway..

>spouting /pol/ and /v/ terms
>not knowing that things like Steam Tanks existed as far back as 4th Edition

kek'd

I see, OP decided to go with the no-name edition

What store in northern NJ are you closest to?

>tfw played Sisters and Brets

>Whatever happened to the common man? From the beginning, that's what warhammer has always been about. When you start focusing on armies and battles and monsters and epic heroes, you completely lose sight of the original feel of
>focusing on the armies and battles in a war game
Kek, when's the last time you collected a "common man" model range? Oldfag roleplayer shits need to be hanged

Interesting relics/artifacts either empire/dwarf esque or chaos esque?

Ancient firethrower prototype designed to use melted warpstone.

A portable belfry manned by hunchbacked monks. The ringing of the bells strikes terror into the hearts of the impure.

>trigger discipline

Steam tank is 4th edition.

Nice try tho.

Anything else?

a chapel carried by paesants

Your request is extremely vague, way too much I would say, restrict the field to what you want and what use you expect to make of it

context son

user from previous thread - i.e. something hidden in catacombs in secluded room, i.e. in a chest or something. A relic or something confiscated from chaos/necromancers.

Oh wow let's fucking use some trigger discipline when we're about to shoot some guy, yeah, ain't that smart.

Fuck off guy

If you don't Empire/Guard you're shit

The first thing that passed in my mind was the mummified hand of someone relatively important cut off during a battle with a great beast
either a now fossilised dwarfen fist incised in runes, the hand of an imperial saint that still radiates holyness or the possessed hand of a wizard frosen in the heartbeat before unleashing a powerful spell.

That's a great idea! Do you think they should do something mechanically aswell?

>low self-esteem HFY faggot deteced

>my only exposure to WHFB is the WHRPG and everyone must be a ratcatcher

Hippogryph Grail Knights and Pegasus Grail Knights.

TW:W hit that nail on the head

A super battering ram.
Also how come we never got any bretonnians Joan of arc counterpart?

I'm not really suited for crunch, especially if we're talking about the rpg, but otherwise I'd make them either a one use bound spell or a continuous passive effect with some minor curse to compensate the use
>dwarf fist: heavy as fuck; passes on part of the wisdom of the ancients in the form of increased proficiency at using or identifying stuff, especially if dwarfen in origin
>saint hand: apply on the wound or the malediction for removal; can react impressively on daemons and undead; can be used again after a month if cleaned in sanctified oil; leaflet not included, but keep away from kids anyway.
>possessed wizard hand: one use ever; the spell unleashed is very dangerous (the players don't know exactly what spell it will cast but the being possessing the hand will try to convince them it will be useful to them); best accompanied by a dire situation practically forcing them to use it at some point

Those are great aswell. Gosh darn, using this.

But that's not a big fuckhueg model. Maybe some sort of giant statue of Giles le Breton come to life, covered in ivy and fern fronds?

Literally Repanse de Lyonesse.

Imperial guard and empire soldiers are not common man according to that post, since the faggot said some shit about focusing on armies and battles instead of the common man. As if Warhammer started off as some peasant career simulator and the battles were only a vague background part of it.

If I were to get into Warhammer Fantasy Role-play should I go with the first, second, or third edition?

Second

Sisters are getting plastic though.

White Hart.

Thanks!

Yeah, 3rd editions custom dice sounds shit.

And it looks like 2nd won some awards

My Gisoreux brethren. There's already Great Stags in the lore, so it wouldn't be too crazy.

Why are Total Warhammerfags the fucking worst?

second

Man, these designs are goofy, so it's surprising that CA managed to make the Luminark proportionate and realistic looking in the game.

Because AoSfags are about twenty years away from getting a vidya of their own.

The VC siege equipment is basically the back of the Coven Throne/Mortis Engine used in different builds.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about those designs though.

A lot of the siege towers are dumb.

The Empire, Bretonnian and Orc ones are decent. The Chaos one is ok. Although you have to wonder how they transport that shit around. The Beastman one is a little cartoony but mostly alright.
But the Dwarf and Wood Elf and Vampire towers are like novelty cake decorations.

A bunch of orcs could probably nudge that and make it fall.

Agreed. I'd really like to see a mod which makes them more realistic. Warhammer Fantasy needs to tread that thin line between history and fantasy, in my opinion, and those siege engines cross the line.

I don't think Warhammer Fantasy should avoid fantasy - after all, that is in the name - but should use realistic elements to ground their fantasy. A giant statue isn't really realistic in any way - it's not feasible, and it's even a little over-ornate for dwarves.

Dwarven siege towers would probably have to be very cleverly made, since they don't trust wood as a good building material. They'd probably have a steel frame with iron slats, or something like that - and instead of a drawbridge-like thing on top, maybe a crank-powered piston, like a mining creation re-adapted for warfare.

Kindly no post 6th edition, endtimes, age of sigmar or warhammer vidya. Go shill or troll elsewhere, this is for discussing real warhammer. For all intents and purposes, I don't feel like it should be canon

How are you so autistic that you can't see that somebody already posted the shitpost.

because you want a scapegoat to flame about

for the longest time I thought the dwarfen siege towers didn't even have wheels

it's still retarded, dwarfs should be function over form
and have escalators considering the stunty fat legs

Says the faggots so scared of AoS boogeymen they Blame them for the shitposting anti-TW oldfag even though it makes literally no sense

Why do you think their bad?

they're* oops

I'm not a plurality nor I did accuse the AoSfags, it's at least one falseflagger shitting both threads

Kindly more 1st-8th Edition and Total War: Warhammer. If at least one of those isn't your cup of tea, go shill or troll elsewhere. For all intents and purposes they're all the same universe.