What's your favorite primer, Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite primer, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=CbHD2VAf&id=4C330CC61317D44E15970099C89BB24607728893&q=primer for modern english&simid=608032989573680333&selectedIndex=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

vallejo primer applied via airbrush.

Anything else is pleb tier.

Vallejo Surface Primer is shit. If you want to flaunt your airbrush then use Stynylrez. Vallejo is only good for display pieces.

My nigga. Sometimes I even get the .99c version at home depot

This.

Shit smells so good.

I use Chaos Black.

Too bad my lgs closed down and I can't find anywhere that stocks it.

It's the only one I'll ever need.

The one that can end my pointless existence

All Vallejo non-paints products like varnish and thinner smell good. It's because they put polyurethane resin in it, and it smells sweet.

stormvermin fur spray because it uses the new GW formula that's super matt finish and priming in black sucks if you want to put off painting for a while. the spray is close enough to make it basical look like GW plastic gray which is just a nice starting point and doesn't devalue the model like a white or black prime that locks some one into painting one way in the future.

Must be annoying trying to see if you covered the model enough with a spray that looks close to the bare plastic.

yer it is quite annoying to tell the primer is going on but in the sunlight you can tell the stormvermin fur is brown tint and not a true gray. I generally find priming plastic stuff alot easier because the risk of clogging detail is much less on resin I find to get a 100% coat with just a spray you will always clog some thing which is super frustrating but luckly because the primer is color matched well to the pot I can touch stuff up if its really bad.

this shit is fantastic.

Swear by it? Might have to drop in on the way home from work then.

Male tears

goes on even and thin, dries fast, has a nice shaped nozzle. It's the best primer I've used so far.

k pleb

I don't reload, but if I did I'd probably use some cheap primers like Federal.

Neat, would you know if it was specifically that Bodyshop one or the Plastic primer? Just seen both mentioned elsewhere that's all.

I picked up both, because I could only find the bodyshop one in black (got the standard halfords grey primer, pic related, same product line). They're both pretty good, but I prefer the bodyshop version- it's a slightly nicer primer once dry, and is much nicer to apply.

Don't know about the specific plastic primer, as I mainly work on resin and metals.

Thanks mate, been hand undercoating my miniatures since I got back into things recently.

P3, GW, army painter "primer" isn't really primer.

But on the flipside, plastic models don't need primer, you can just spray paint on the model.

However metal models NEED primer and if you don't use pic related you are just being jew'd.

I agree that sandable primer is the best, but Rustoleum I find is too thick in terms of droplet size.

>huffing primer

user, I love you. Stop.

27f and 1492r

First primer I ever bought. Love the texture it gives to plastic minis, very smooth and thin.

bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=CbHD2VAf&id=4C330CC61317D44E15970099C89BB24607728893&q=primer for modern english&simid=608032989573680333&selectedIndex=2

I play Necrons.
XD

Yep, DAP is the best, no questions about it.

Not just any Necrons apparently. Silent Pimp's Bling Dynasty

I don't paint, so that one time travel movie.

Yep. I like Desert Tan for almost everything. (matches nicely with skin tones)

50-50 mix of Panzer Grey and regular Grey for mechanical stuff, which I haven't done in a while.