Horus Heresy General /HHG/

Sangi is a sue edition

old >READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fyr2qzeLMTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks you.
First for the DG tho

word bearers a shit

Don't talk bad about hawk boy. He died for your sins.

not that emps cares, he would have rather called him Number Nine

>hardly does anything until the end of the HH
>everything he does do is beating up "Le very best greater deamon of whatever #1-3" (and apparently a psi titan now)
>people jack him off as the best priamrch even if they dont play blood angels
>other priamrchs get shit for being sues but he gets a pass

literally one of the worst priamrchs

But I think Number Nine was His favourite

Are splinter shells worth it on quad mortars?

>hardly does anything
Let's wait until Angelus before making remarks like that, eh?

If your Primarch isn't named "Jagathai" or "Dorn", then he ain't got shit on Sanguinius.
Especially because he was on Ultramar and crossed hell (twice) to reach Terra, so Robert and Johnson have no excuse.

If you want to, don't say he's the best. Just say there are other 15+ who are worse than him.

>Quad Launcher Support Batteries became more expensive, but gained access to several extra munitions besides their Frag shells with Shell Shock for increased chance of Pinning: good old Shatter shells to deal with medium AV with their four S8 Sunder shots, Incendiary Shells that are weaker frag shells that Ignore Cover Saves, Splinter Shells with S2 AP4 Rending, because FW apparently thinks small blasts that wound on a six cost +10pts (even Frag shells have a higher chance of wounding termies). But the mort powerful munitions they have access to are Phosphex canister shots, available if you have a Siege Breaker in your force. Unlike regular phosphex however these munitions are only AP3, but otherwise still function as regular phosphex ammo and are superb marine woodchippers.
Not really, no

>t. Traitor

Hmm that is a nice set of armor

>If your Primarch isn't named "Jagathai" or "Dorn", then he ain't got shit on Sanguinius.
>dorn
>khan

niga what

Well I'll be going, what a wonderful gift.

NO

I would place them below Sanguinius, but the Angel, weeping, told me he'd much prefer sharing Numbered Mistake #1 with his beloved brothers: Dorn of the Mighty Handshakes and Jagathai of the Bantz.
Even if he did fight Horus where his brothers didn't, he recognizes the labour done by Dorn's fortification and Jagathai's tenacity when taking the Spaceport
Such was the Angel's will.

You, I like you.

>dorn
>khan
>good at anything but shooting their own men and making dumb choices

"But muh siege"

all they're good for is being living plot armor for the imperium

>all they're good for is being living plot armor for the imperium
And that's what the Imperium needs. Even if you're not the best, being useful already sets you far above those who aren't.

That's a lot of projection, Pertuarbo.

If you have limited access to other medium win-armor options they can be, like recon company for example, or if you need a decent multi role unit in smaller points games

Why do we not have a Pirate Primarch? I guess the closest thing in 30k to Pirates is Blackshields.

This may have started as an argument about the Primarchs' character flaws and individual contributions...
BUT IT'S A SIEGE NOW, UNTIL THE BITTER END :^)

Because they all work for the "man?"

Also the only primarch that could've been a pirate, Khan, stayed loyal.

I approve.

Implying that isn't basically corax with how much of the heresy he spent curb stomping traitor shipping.

Stylistically one might have been interesting, but it would not have fit very well when you consider that piracy is nearly entirely based on personal freedom and abandonment of higher authority.

shame they went Nurgle, their pre-nurgle aesthetic was more unique and interesting. Also the use of toxic weaponry rather than just space flus.

I have that pic saved, but I would like it more if the marines weren't bigger than Mortarion, who is closer to the observer

All this talk about Sanguinius, what about the First?
What do you guys think his rules will be like? Something about dealing Instant Death or multiple wounds maybe, because of his Monster Slayer origin?

Probably something similar to Fulgrim. A little slower, but Instant Death on 4+.

Concussive for the sucker punch.

>A little slower
youtube.com/watch?v=Fyr2qzeLMTY
LION PAWWWNCH!
>Primarch El'Jonson!

Does anyone have the Alpha Legion painting guide?

They're only like a step behind him. Mortarion's clearly still bigger.

The BoP one? I do, but it's an awful scheme.

Hm yeah thats not so great looking. Thank you anyways though!There was another one floating around that I think another user made it was very metallic looking.

I know of this one.

Official List Of Legions That Did Nothing Wrong
>Blood Angels
>Imperial Fists
Debate me.

Oh that isnt the one I was thinking of but its very close, thank you

Not that user, but Jaghatai would be be top 5 Primarch 1v1.

Speculation for new Dangel rules?

I'm hoping some kind of sword wielding Knight unit, maybe watchers as upgrades? Corswain's a must and obvs the Lion.

My ghetto Custodes conversion.

It's only basecoat WIP at the moment and its only going to be tabletop quality.

T H I C C

Hedious

Cool.

you have spent a lot of money to ruin a model

Wasn't Alpharius literally a space pirate before the Emperor found him?

Burn it
then kill yourself

That account is a lie

Okay, I'm starting to get interested in Solar Auxilia, is this list playable? Or should I drop some Ogryns/drop the demolisher cannons for more dedicated AT?

>Do we have enough Blasts?: 3k Solar Auxilia starter list

Tank Commander
>Auxilia Medusa, Dozer Blade

>Infantry Tercio
Lasrifle Section
Veletaris Storm Section (x2)
Dracosan Armored Transports (x2)
>Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade

>Infantry Tercio
Lasrifle Section
Veletaris Storm Section (x2)
Dracosan Armored Transports (x2)
>Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade

Ogryn Charonite Squad
>3 Ogryns
Ogryn Charonite Squad
>3 Ogryns

Auxilia Medusa
>Dozer Blade
Auxilia Medusa
>Dozer Blade
Auxilia Medusa
>Dozer Blade

Auxilia Stormlord
>Armored Ceramite

>Loyalty is its own reward.

it would look better if you thinned your paints

Salamanders. I'd say Iron Hands too if it weren't for Ferrus getting 2angry on Istvaan V.

I agree completely to be honest.

Hey guys, can I get a list check? I want a White Scars list that's relatively quick, but working independently from spacecraft or a home base so no drop pods or flyers. Tried to spend plenty of points on non-bike units; the two vet squads are objective holders, the guys with flamers (straight outta Chondax) go for forward objectives, missile launcher guys try to shoot down planes. But I think I need to work some lascannons into the list.

White Scars (3000pts)
RoW: Chogorian Brotherhood

+ HQ +

Praetor on Bike (225pts)
>Cyber-hawk, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Mastercrafted Power Glaive

+ Elites +

Veteran Tactical Squad, 10-man (220pts)
>Sergeant has Artificer Armour and Power Glaive
>Rhino

Veteran Tactical Squad, 10-man (220pts)
>Sergeant has Artificer Armour and Power Glaive
>Rhino

+ Troops +

Outrider Squad, 6 bikes (235pts)
>2 power weapons, Sergeant has Melta Bombs, Power Glaive

Outrider Squad, 6 bikes (235pts)
>2 power weapons, Sergeant has Melta Bombs, Power Glaive

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron, 6 jetbikes (260pts)
>2 Volkite Culverins

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron, 6 jetbikes (260pts)
>2 Volkite Culverins

Tactical Support Squad w/ flamers, 10 man (270pts)
>Sergeant has Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Glaive
>Rhino

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squadron, 4 bikes (225pts)
>4 Multi-Meltas, Melta Bombs
>Bike Praetor goes with these guys

Javelin Attack Speeder (65pts)
>Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

Javelin Attack Speeder (65pts)
>Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Support Squad w/ missile launchers, 9 man (345pts)
>Flakk missiles
>Rhino

Sicaran Battle Tank (185pts)
>Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (190pts)

Cool idea, but dunno the shield is too small.

Honest question, what did the Scars do that was wrong?

Are the Custodes dreads bigger than the contemptor dreads?

Cuckstodes reporting in.

go slap a kid or something

Have you considered Nuncio Voxes on the vets? I know that you can outflank but since so much of your anti tank is coming from multi meltas I think it might be worth a consideration. You can easily find the points by dropping plasma pistols.

A full 1/2 of them declared for Horus.

What's on your workbench today /hhg/?
Just gave these guys a drybrush for metallics, next up cleaning, layering the armour and weathering.

don't you have a high lord to suck off?

Didn't all of them go "oh shit, we made a mistake" and went on a penintent march afterwards?

I got the feeling that WSs just were hit by the telephone game

Assembling my first ever Imperial Knight, or as far as I can before magnetizing it. Some of the parts have pretty janky fits, like those pelvis plates that go on the side and can't be made to fit exactly. How are those meant to work?

To be fair though, most of the loyalist primarchs are sue as fuck.

Nothing today because I'm playing.

Some kid wants to play me and he's starting out so it's not really a game. But it's my first game in 16 years, so I'll take it.

Can't wait to have this one translated in French.
I expect :
A special unit with artificier armor with swords
Plasma canon for terminators
A unit dedicated to blow up big targets (you know like beasts)

TF is with those legs?

>implying every priamrch isnt a sue

>half of the primarchs are defined by massive, irredeemable character flaws
>sues
Now you're just throwing around buzzwords.

those massive character flaws don't prevent them from doing anything they want

>khans defining feature is that he's an exemplary yet ordinary warlord who is closer to being human than any other Primarch and essentially denies his demigodhood, preferring his chogorian culture to the emperors vision for him

Not even sure where he is on the Sue/10, on one hand he's still a Primarch but on the other he above any of the others seems to have embraced his humanity in a positive manner.

the FW dreads aren't even that expensive, have you saved any money at all?

Good idea! Yeah, I'll work them in.

Apparently Guilliman is the most human. New fluff.

What new fluff is that?

>khans defining feature is that he's an exemplary yet ordinary warlord who is closer to being human than any other Primarch
>Apparently Guilliman is the most human. New fluff.

Silly loyalists

+He is no primarch,+ came Argel Tal’s voice in Khârn’s mind. The centurion’s first instinct was to shudder. The Nails bit harder, hotter, in the wake of the psychic whisper; they hurt more every time. Khârn looked back to his brother, where Argel Tal was directing his own men into their own gunships and drop pods.
He is my primarch, Khârn replied, with no idea if Argel Tal could hear him. Sometimes the silent speech worked, sometimes it didn’t.
+A primarch should be inspiring. Our genetics should react at the mere sight of them. Think of the moments you laid eyes on Horus, Dorn, or Magnus. I’ve seen Sanguinius and Russ with my own eyes, as well. Close enough to touch their armour. Think of when you stand before Lorgar: the awe and reverence that beats through your blood. The feeling of our genetic coding reacting to the pinnacle of the human process. I’ve never felt that instinctive respect for Angron, Khârn. Not once. He is a broken thing. Devastating, unrivalled in war, but broken.+
Khârn didn’t answer because there was nothing to say. He boarded his drop pod, ascending the ramp and waiting for a robed Legion slave to secure his restraint harness.
+You feel it,+ Argel Tal said. +You feel it, too.+
In psychic silence, Khârn confessed something he’d never said outside his Legion.
Yes, we feel the same. The World Eaters, each and every one of us, knows what you know.
Argel Tal’s voice was laced with cold, seething anger. +Why do you tolerate it?+
What can we do? Murder our own father? Did you destroy Lorgar when he led you into worshipping the Emperor? Or did you tolerate him in patience, hoping that eventually he’d find his way to equalling his brothers?

Not too bad, all your infantry will have outflank but don't necessarily feel obligated to use it on every unit.

The cyberhawk will make those vets and missile devastators hit like nobodies business

>most human

what does that even mean? The Emperor is invincible, more powerful than any other galactic entity and probably 9ft tall and still counts as human.

Anything other than WS/BS/S/T 3 is a sue.

Finished some tacticals.

Conversion idea : 7/10
Paint thinness : 0.5/10

Give that thing a dettol bath and try again.

golden turd

thats the problem with "truescale" the proportions always get skewed

Oh riiiight... I always forget.
Was that in the earlier lore as well?

>Can't wait to have this one translated in French
Why? I like to read the stuff in the original language aka High Gothic . Not in a hurry to read about the Ángeles Oscuros fighting Señores de la Noche.

>The Emperor is invincible, more powerful than any other galactic entity and probably 9ft tall and still counts as human.
Listen, I love the Emperor as in His wisdom as in His ruthlessness...but even I tell you this: Our Undying Lord may look and know how to human, but the only human aspect about Him is that He can make mistakes too.

Well, you want some (You)s or what? Tell us about the armies m8!

Where is that pic from? Angels of Caliban?

GW and BL never translated Dark Angels or anything in french, they tend to leave the unit and faction names in english, it's fugly. I think about buying the books in english.

Silly things to do with the Mechanicum LoW boxout? I heard some guy's making a Manta, someone else suggested D-99 Valkyries to Drop Pod Assault some dicks with Myrmidons, what else can we steal? I mean, every flyer or Superheavy flyer ever, alpha legion ain't got shit on this. Gargantuan Creatures are allowed too. Big Tyranid flyer for a Biologis Magos' personal project?

Tank Commander cannot be Compulsory. See 'Support Officer' rule. He also can't be in a Medusa (not on the list of options).

Dozer Blades are useless on our tanks, as we all have Explorator Adaption from the get go.

What are the Ogryn going to be doing? Their Stormlord transport often wants to stay put for more shots, and these guys want to get close... Better off with a Squad of 6 then 2x3 for points reasons.

Medusa - Lose the Dozers

Stormlord wants Sponsons

Do you not face flyers at all where you play? Like, 0? Cause even 1 is basically immune to most of your list.

>Big Tyranid flyer for a Biologis Magos' personal project?
Don't give him ideas!

This, but mechanicum-y rather than ork-y.

Curze and his boys were essentially space pirates just be isstvan then became literal space pirates after getting curb stomped by the dangles

Eh, it's just some TS vs Blood Angels???. I'm testing out from Chosen Duty for my small noob vs noob game, and I'm hoping to actually play a second game with this. Purely theoretical for now and likely terrible, but no one is running ironfire or armoured breakthroughs right now.

2500pts/2500 Pride of the Legion
Cult Arcana Corvidae Ahzek Ahriman

Cult Arcana Raptora Legion Primus Medicae Consul
Tartaros Terminator Armour
1 Psychic Mastery (Biomancy?)
Force Axe

10 men Cult Arcana Raptora Sekhmet Terminator Cabal
2 chain fists

Legion Mortis Dreadnought
Two twin-linked auto cannon

10men Cult Arcana Corvidae Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
Sergeant Power Fist, Artificer armour
Asphyx Shells
1 Psychic Mastery
Rhino

10men Cult Arcana Corvidae Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
Sergeant lightning claw, Sergeant Artificer armour
Asphyx Shells
1 Psychic Mastery
Rhino

10men Cult Arcana Corvidae Legion tactical support squad
9 melta guns
Sergeant Power fist, artificer armour
Rhino

10men Cult Arcana Corvidae Legion tactical support squad
10 plasma guns
Sergeant artificer armour
Rhino
I know people are sick of TS theories and my camera is shit so I don't post much.

did the fucking retards finally admit that cuckchodes are gamebreaking?

Are they? They seem appropriately priced.

Savage Weapons short, ADB