Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Feedback Edition
Do you think public playtests are a good idea? What about backer ones? Should designers consider all feedback or focus only on smaller samples? Also, SoM playtest is up!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/unchained/magic/innateItemBonuses.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Man
Formatting
If only the playtest was formatted nicely

That is an incredibly cool looking Aya!

You're the most generic salt phrase response in the universe.
Drink responsibly user!

Considering *all* feedback can cause serious issues early on in development, since there's such a wide variety of what people want and expect that it would be unworkable and lack any kind of solid theme and mechanics. Have a small group offering feedback during the formative period, and then once everything is more or less set and the numbers need to be worked, open it up to open feedback.

>Drink responsibly user!
In the comfort of my own home. Always. And apparently I'll have another user drinking with me out there somewhere. Cheers.

Is it true PoW forever ruined /pfg/'s ability to think about game balance?

> game that rides around on its customizability
> in reality only a small subset of options are viable
> caster supremacy means if you can't play the magic metagame you lose as a GM
> players rape everything with spells
> the only fun abilities are useless

Remind me why you are not playing 5e again? The core rules are free.

What kind of answer are you looking for? Do you feel that PoW fundamentally unbalanced the already-unbalanced system?

Yeah because half of Pathfinder players think that Deadly Agility is broken.

I mean, I'd be open to tacking on a +6 base attack requirement, but then you have the other frothing retards who think it should be free because "muh martial balance" which means fluffing up martials to do the same insane shit that Pathfinder casters do.

Can someone explain to me Innate Bonus Progression so I can finish up my Hell's Rebels application?

Are polearms good? How good are they compared to greatswords and other two-handed weapons?

I play 5e for my normal group. I'll start playing 5e with Veeky Forums when /5eg/ starts hosting thinly veiled fetish games, thank you very much.

Pathfinder is only as unbalanced as Modern MTG is

My group got bored with 5e.

I kinda like how SoM is suggesting handling it, where you can grab the weapon finesse talent and get a damage boost if you use dex to attack but strength to damage. It worked OK for the Vigilante, as I recall.

I've been kind of interested in how PoW seems to make dexterity builds much stronger but looking over SoM it looks like dex characters get BTFO by strength characters.

Reach is your friend. Never play a character without a reach option. The real memes start when you play an Aberrant bloodrager, cast Elongated arms and Enlarge person with a reach weapon at level 4.

Because that small set of options is still bigger than the ones in 5e.

Like it's a shitty system, but 5e is just fucking boring to build and play in.

It IS. Slightly. In some cases.
The issue is that Weapon Finesse/Deadly Agility versus Prodigious TWF/Double Slice results in the Dex build being plain BETTER, as they get their attack/damage stat to initiative and armor class.

I mean, maybe that's not broken. I'm just salty about the only option for swole builds being Brutal Slayer.

They're fine! Greatswords are technically better, but only by 1-2 damage per hit which is honestly worthless in the scheme of things.

Grab that bardiche and have fun!

>Tetsubo is exotic
Why? it's just a club!

You need to use a whip with lunge too.

Aaaaahhhh, help!

>play a reach character
>enemies get within melee range
>suddenly you're just some faggot getting fucking dunked on.
Reach is a meme. Flexibility is where it's at.

How many disciplines do you think should an initiator be using? Do you usually stick to one, maybe two or three, or do you spread out your choices to grab bits from any useful discipline you have available?

Because it's Japanese, user. How the hell are you supposed to know how to use a weapon if the instructions are in another language?

so like... wearing gauntlets?

Innate Bonus Progression are innate abilities you get as you level up.

For example, it says Resistance +1 at level 2? When you hit level 2 you get a +1 to all your saves.

I usually take whatever's the most thematically appropriate for the kind of fighting style I want. But then, I tend to pick classes and disciplines based on what kind of fighting game character I want to emulate.

There's still more toys here than in 5e, even after you strip away all the garbage filler.

I generally run three or four, sometimes five if I feel like going all in on versatility (Although it's a pain to keep all disciplines being able to grab the higher level maneuvers)
A couple time's I've grabbed only enough Scarlet Throne maneuvers to get Sanguine Perseverance, then dropped the discipline afterwards.

Dont you mean Automatic

>Emulating fighting game characters

Get out.

Reeee.

>based on what kind of fighting game character I want to emulate
My compatriot of excellent taste

My compatriot of inferior taste

No love for BlazBlu?

>"Look at that gaijin falling over himself, Daisuke."
>"What a moron. Don't they teach men to hit things with metal sticks in doofy-white-guy-land?"

I feel like this is a bamboozle...

No! Guilty Gear!

Guilty Gear is shiiiiiiiiit

Not really payed any attention to Discount Guilty Gear, but some of the designs did look neat and it has great music so I can't hate it. Maybe I'll get around to actually trying one of the games someday, but not today.

Get your shit taste out of here.

Is makeup expensive?

1) Bounded accuracy is a trap option. You can go this far, no farther, ever. Except it's a lie when you get into magic of course.

2) PF CR is passable, especially if you know about Monster Roles (most people here don't). 5ed CR makes 3.5 CR look like a sustainable idea, and everyone knows it was a bad, bad, bad joke (see 18th level wizard with 9th level spells at CR 11 - you're supposed to fight that with 9th level characters? Sure.)

3) You can only play until 20th level. No you can't go further. Bounded Accuracy and the lack of information on how to actually create CR appropriate (see joke above) monsters is not public yet. You may as well start over.

4) "It's balanced" is a bigger lie than it is in PF. At least PF has finally moved on to admitting tier 3 is where it's best at and almost everything since Advanced Class Guide has emphasized this fact, including newer archetypes.

5) WotC has consistently fucked up every game they've worked on, starting with 3.0 and never ending. They have had to fire and hire and fire again just about everyone who they wanted to work for them because they fucked up shit worse than it already was.

6) I like PF. I don't like 5ed. Pretty much the only reason I need, but you were being pedantic and kind of a dick.

Depends on the makeup.

Are you going for Witcher 3, or Mass Effect Andromeda?

If this is real I'll be disappointed that I only went 2/3 on guesses.

I mean Innate:
>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/unchained/magic/innateItemBonuses.html

it seems like I get some kind of virtual money to buy things with?

It's a club that weigh 10 pounds and is 6' long. That requires a little more than just strength to use it effectively if you don't want your guts spilled by someone with a short sword stepping inside your reach.

In what terms?

I prefer Witcher 3.

It was a BAMBOOZLE by someone who might be in CAHOOTS with the DM!

Basically, yes. You select the item that suits the slot, and when you buy the item, you also get the associated bonus that the protective version of that item normally gives. I.E. if you buy a ring of Spell Storing, you also get the power of a Ring of Deflection as an innate bonus to that ring without paying actual cost for a ring of deflection of the appropriate wealth level. Shoulder slot items grant resistance, and bracers can grant armor bonus, and amulets grant natural armor bonuses, while belts and headbands give enhancements to stats.

I'd say that would be 5-20 gp worth of makeup.

They wire tapped the GM's home! That's how they already know!

>Lysander
>Maice
>Cashmere
>Gloriana

Got the guy, the femdom, the innocent slut, and the bimbo

If there are no surprises, this is going to be the party to PLD

Calling it now.

That's really strange. Ok I'll see if I can figure it out.

Wait what? Then why does it have a price increase listed along with it?
I think even you're misinterpreting these rules.

>5) WotC has consistently fucked up every game they've worked on, starting with 3.0 and never ending.

Hey, 4e was a good game.

I don't know, Sigmund's got the tough tracker shtick for a campaign about monster hunting.

>4e
I remember when Veeky Forums used to call it "DnD: We Want the WoW Money"

Yes, well.

Times change.

That's what I expect the PLD party to be too, it's the obvious choice whether I like it or not.

But it's too obvious, I'm expecting some kind of surprise.

Asked on Discord and yes, that was a ruse.

Not "D&D: We Are Honest For Once And Actually Care About Coherent game Design"?

>a campaign about monster humping.
Fix'd it for you.

Don't worry, the deadline is only for the basic concept, the sheets don't need to completed. The page is pretty descriptive but I fucked it up the first time I read it so I'll give a casual summary.

When an item is over a certain value threshold, you add X to its value as listed on the table and add a bonus to it based on its slot. I personally am running a house-rule whereby you can just buy the stat boost without buying the item to go with it, adding on the cost of an actual item on later.

Let's say I wanna buy a Robe of Useful Items, 7000gp. It's a body slot item which means it enhances physical ability scores. It's in the 4,000gp to 9,999gp range so it's +2 to a physical ability score and adds 4000gp to the price. The item's total value is 13,000gp.

Now, let's say you only have 6000gp and you really want that ability score boost now but can't afford the item. Instead I'm allowing you to spend 4000gp to get the +2 physical ability score bonus, and then upgrade it to the Robe of Useful Items letter with 7000gp.

It's a little clunky, I might revise it before I actually run. I apologise to anyone that I explained this to incorrectly before.

Bon-bon, not Gloriana.

Can someone explain this Bon-Bon meme to me?

It's not a meme, Bon-bon is just a genuinely great character. I mean it with absolutely no memes at all. It's my favourite character out of the bunch, and even I applied.

It's no meme, she's just really hit or miss. Either everything about her appeals to you, or none of it does. She either comes off as cute and endearing, or creepy and/or cliched.

I like her.

You know what they took from WoW? Constant patches to keep the goddamn game balanced.

Friggin' wish Paizo did that instead of shitting on concepts that don't fit their VISION.

Bon-Bon is clown/5.

Puella! Puella! Can you review the new apps?

So what you're telling me is that Panda Liberation Decision is set in the same universe as Vorestation

Why have you not applied to Weird Wild West game yet? We've got a grumpy catboy gunslinger and a snake oil saleswoman!

Yeah, it makes me somewhat annoyed as well. I've been tempted to make Brutal Slayer's whole "Fuck DEX!" shtick part of the Barbarian, Kineticist, and Fighter (but with Constitution instead of STR), but that's a pipedream.

I have no qualms about 4e.

I just prefer 3.5e

I was... Not expecting this level of positive response for my silly little jester character. You all are great people.

Deadline is ~90 minutes from now, right?

Doesn't interest me and probably won't get along with the GM.

>Why have you not applied to Weird Wild West game yet?
I already told you why.

I want to honk her honkers and make her flower squirt!

Because I'm thinking about running a different game of my own, once /pfg/ has cooled off and I find a job.

Rolled 11 (1d11)

Doing Drummond Stathman first, but they're on the list! After that is...

Sigmund Caine! And then we'll see!

I was hoping to see Sigmund or Vier done early so this is nice. Wanted to see the rating on the more grim males.

What no jokes about cream pie?

Do you guys think there will be any last minute applications for Hell's Rebels?

100 minutes, but yes.
DHB posted his availability, but not a character, I'm wondering if he's waiting until the last second.

Except Vult finds her creepy

Money on 4-5 people shitposting applications 5 minutes before the deadline.

Most games have some last hour addition, I think there're people who just wait for the last minute to post their sheet after polishing it.

Currently using a Tetsubo for fun in the AP my group is running. It can be a lot of fun when you one-shot something with the occasional x4 crit, although sometimes it irks my GM and the rest of the table when I randomly solo centerpiece after centerpiece because my rolls happen to be on fire that session.

That said, some of the other players are considering picking up the Butterfly's Sting feat, and at that point I fear it's gonna push over into annoying gimmick territory and shred my DM's last bit of sanity.

That's more an issue with character art more so than the character I think.

Probably

>the agony of waiting for your number to be drawn

See:

Maice being taken seriously seems absurd. You can't rape the rapist.

Who's already been done anyways?

No user, it's all about raping the rapist. Take her down a peg, show her she's not so tough. Also A-grade shipping material with other PCs.

Are all blades that aren't classified as light blades heavy blades?

Breaking doms is a god tier fetish

And maybe Vult wants to recieve a little. This is the guy who applied as a trap assassin to fluffy2. He was practically begging to have his boypussy pounded

Bayonets are blades and are within the Close weapon group

What is a "blade"? A slashing weapon? Because if so, no, there are also axes.

Fuck you /pfg/. I need a Numeria dump. I have all the core. What kinda 3pp support is out there?

I don't think any of the current characters could dom Maice though.

You know what to do user.

>Who's already been done anyways?

Perseus Aphellis and Andromeda (app withdrawn)
Taris Masa (app heavily rewritten)
Ricard Vanborgh (now Richard Van Borgh, heavily rewritten)
Keli Dobreani
Lysander of the South (rewritten)
Sage
Sonja (heavily rewritten)
Maice Tarot (rewritten)
Cashmere Downefyren (changes in the works)
Lillian Morina (afk)
Bon Bon

Also, potential backstories.

I thought I'd have got more done but work is hellish at the moment.

Here's a numerian cum dumpster