/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whats-the-deal-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Can you travel to space in awakening?

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/pm8am9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Space
Yes rocket science is still a thing. The actual material space is still there. the only things keeping you out of space are all the mundane problems

What board do members of each Tribe browse?
Fianna: Veeky Forums and /mu/
Get of Fenris: /pol/
Glass Walkers: /g/
Silent Striders: /out/
Uktena: /x/

Why have magefags been shitting up these generals for months?

Black Spiral Dancers: /b/
Children of Gaia:/lgbt/ and /an/

Because vampfags deserve all the shit they can get.

This isn't Beast the Victim blaming

>Beast the Victim blaming

There's already a forum for that - rpg.net.

Yeah, but let's be real here.

Vampfags are the black fucking plague.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE YOU. I always just look at rpg.net as the echo chamber of RPGs and the awful place.

>Can you travel to space in awakening?

There is a banisher rote that opens a portal to space.

talking about vampfags, the lore of the bloodlines is coming and i am a poorfag

Hello, user, it´s me, Santa!
Have you been a good boy and refrained from shitposting?

>Black Furies
/lgbt/ and /e/

>Bone Gnawers
They don't have internet to browse Veeky Forums

>Children of Gaia
/c/, /an/, Veeky Forums and /y/

>Fianna
/tv/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /mu/ and Veeky Forums

>Get of Fenris
/int/ and /pol/

>Glass Walkers
/m/, /v/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /g/ and Veeky Forums

>Red Talons
They hate everything human related, so none

>Shadow Lords
I can't think of any board for them

>Silent Striders
/out/ and /trv/

>Silver Fangs
/vip/

>Uktena
/x/

>Wendigo
Veeky Forums

>Stargazers
/qst/

>refrain from shitposting
How does one not shitpost on Veeky Forums?

kek

Meh, good point.
Here, have your gift: sendspace.com/file/pm8am9

I wasn't the previous user.

I will now ninja gift.

I wasn't commenting on vampfags being bad (I am one myself), I just find rpg.net to be an echochamber of the worst kind.

Everybody gets a Xmas gift, user.

Shadow Lords: /int/

Red Talons: /r9k/

>I am one myself

BE GONE VIILE CREATURE

>Silent Striders: /out/
>not Veeky Forums

Fuck off magefag. Go back to your power fantasy while I play a fun game of politics and backstabbing.

Veeky Forums is a Glass Walker thing

Hello, goy... I mean, neonate.

Gimme all dat sweet Thaumaturgy, my bald friend.

>Red Talons: /r9k/
FUCKING APE NORMIES STOP RAPING GAIA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I just find rpg.net to be an echochamber of the worst kind.

Less rpg echo chamber, more online autism and transgender support group and SJW caricature.

>Veeky Forums is a Glass Walker thing
maybe in 1920, but now everybody who isn't elderly, a stargazer or a red talon knows how to drive. even the odd gnawer steals a car for a joyride now and then

>STOP RAPING GAIA

If Gaia stopped wearing the short skirts and plunging necklines, she would have nothing to worry about.

Cool. So what can I do for YOU, my sweet bald buddy?

i do my best and only post good tinks

Archmage > Caine

thaks santa, is truly inded you are a mercyfull man and died for our sins

Here, have fun with some Bloodlines: sendspace.com/file/pm8am9

So, Which is your favourite Tribe of WtA?

That depends. Are you even a member of the Tremere clan?
If not, how good are you at sucking dick?

why? whats wrong with this rpg.net

Maybe, but are Archmage as edgy as Caine? I don't think so

striders, kangz meme adaptable, can be used in more than the standard Apoc scenario without just being furry vampire backstabbing shenanigans, actually make sense in terms of W20 rules and lore for werewolves. they also look the coolest as pure breeds

closely followed by lords, fangs, and walkers at an even tie

>can be used in more than the standard Apoc scenario without just being furry vampire backstabbing shenanigans,
>actually make sense in terms of W20 rules and lore for werewolves.
Could you explain?

>they also look the coolest as pure breeds

It's heavily moderated and has a culture that brushes against a lot of things that Veeky Forums folk might be used to. Of course, Beast reaction was pretty negative on RPGnet, too. It's all died down by now as we all slowly realize that Beast will always be with us but it's still only a limited line.

i see, what a clusterfuck

>actually make sense in terms of W20 rules and lore for werewolves.
I'm just reading though W20 getting ready for my first wta game, and it's kind of wishywashy bordering on contradictory. they make comparisons between werewolves and actual wolf packs as being territorial, then discuss the Litany, but turn right around and introduce caerns along with moon bridges [that get more traffic than a $2 whore] and claith rank [globe/region trotting errand boys]

>can be used in more than the standard Apoc scenario without just being furry vampire backstabbing shenanigans
I mean, you could just run a bastet cat burglar game but with striders you don't really have to worry about the whole herding cats aspect or stretching too far and contriving characters as bastet that would just werk as silent striders. you can also do things like vampire hunters / reenter egypt and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm missing because of a headache

Red Talons, they are right about everything

>fun game of politics and backstabbing
So Mage?

Why? What can archmages do that Cain can't?

Every time.

Every fucking time, somebody has to ask.

Oh no

I am a Tremere of House Praesidium, I just suck at magic 'cause y'all Embraced me as a beater.

Besides heavily moderated, it's also very much of a SJW go-round. I don't have a problem with diversity and such but the way they scream about anything and everything that touches SJW topics is amazingly terrible to read.

See why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

>What can archmages do that Cain can't?

Has Caine ever busted galaxies? Or created big bangs In his hands? Didn't think so.

he has probably fucked your mom though

>I just suck at magic
Tough luck, man. Some Tremere can´t do magic at all.

>Caine's almighty 2 incher

Don't make me laugh. My mother would destroy him.

Yeah, they're called "all Tremere"

>Because you call THAT magic?

eh, I guess you're right, she does have a pretty big cock

Yep.

He screamed her name for three days straight

Memes aside, there´s a 5-points flaw called "Thaumaturgically inept". It basically removes your ability to work Thaumaturgy.

>blood magic
>laughing hermetic

So I may have 'derailed' my own game. There is an NPC that is always attended by one of his many construct servants.

My sister-in-law is quite the social butterfly irl and in game and has been chatting with the constructs. One of the bodyguards who she calls "Gus" told her he always wanted to see the ocean. It was a throw away line that I came up with off the top of my head.

However, she's decided she must get the Councilia to grant sapient constructs some legal protection so they're not just slaves.

The hierarch has told them under no uncertain terms that anything without a soul is an object and has no rights sapient thoughts or not.

It's an interesting story and I want to explore it further but I'm also in the middle of a story arch involving a Pylon of followers of The Ruin who are trying to destroy most of the city.

Any advice?

Put it on the back burner for now, draw attention back to the construct servants later.

I love this picture.

Introduce a Mage who's had his soul stolen.
He's desperately trying to get it back, and wants Consilium assistance.
His rivals however are going by the hierarchs ruling on soullessness, and refusing him any assistance.

Does a sleeper with no soul suffer Quiessence or cause Dissonance?

Not sure if that would work. Someone under soul loss had a soul it's just currently missing. A golem never had a soul to begin with.

Okay, have one that's comparatively poorly treated go full Promethean.
But not immediately. In a bit. For extra weight, have it assault the Mage on the way out.

>What can archmages do that Cain can't?

A lot.

>You are now the single mind of the universe. You exist as everyone. Individuality no longer exists.
This sounds like it could make for a fun one-off where the players are the split personalities of an Archmage.

Get laid.

>Mages
>Vampires

It got real quiet, real fast.

Dark Eras Companion will be out today probably, so just wait about 10 hours. Start a Seer/Technocracy slap fight or something to make sure the thread lasts till then.

How do vampires/werewolves/fae duke it out? Especially fae as i have never read any of the changling books

Changelings exist to be bullied.

oWoD or nWoD?

oWoD-Fuck if I can figure this shit out.

nWoD- They don't really compete for their factions most important resource so they usually leave each other alone. Doesn't mean they don't interact or get into the odd scuffle it's just that formalized all out warfare is a rarity.

>Forces 9 / Prime 9
So an archmage has the potential to usurp God and become omnipotent.

This is why I hate Ascension as a game and stick to Apocalypse, wherein the gods are untouchable.

They hang out in bars and wear woman clothing?

On a more serious note I plan on introducing contested Wyrm Nest/Locus in my VtR game where ordo dracul and werewolfs are both hanging out so other side can't dispute their claim

So I'm opening whole can of shit mentioning it but for those who read the damn thing:
Are there parts of Beast that are worth adopting to other splats or do they at least make good antagonists?

Lairs.

Would Weather Anomalies be a good speciality under survival? Also how do you handle itbwhen there are more skill dots than your character concept needs?

Well Lairs are kinda cool. Demon already has something simmilar in form of Bolthole but I have no idea how they would work for other splats to fit in with their thematics

Realistically how do you specialize in weather anomalies? I mean surviving them?

I guess being able to instinctually know a storm is coming

Can a mage without death/mind/spirit even see their own familiars?

Not the same user, but I'm going off the limb here. Since sometimes you also roll Survival for stuff that's more knowledge-related, or rather, active-knowledge (say, Tracking comes to mind) applied in the wilds, stuff like being able to predict, act against, discern weather anomalies compared to normal generic weather-based survival, that'd kinda all fit under that speciality.

Tornado chasers?

I guess that could count

There's a good game somewhere in beast it's just going to take some work/houseruling to make it happen. The real question is if it's worth the headache. Read DaveB's excellent short story 'Premeditation' if you can.

Overall concept of the game has some potential but it fails in exectution .I was toying for some time with idea(that might be retarded but dunno) of Beast and Hero having a relation of undermining each others sanity. Like you could have a a moral Hero that will cause the Beast he targets to degrade into more feral and callous state or Beast that tries to keep its shit together and causing Hero to turn into slasher-light. Dunno if this would have worked better thou

In twilight? No. But you'd be aware of their presence/condition and you can reflexively view the world through your familiar's senses for mundane or magical purposes.

So, if I understand correctly, Geist is the successor to Wraith?

No. Geist and Wraith are two completely different games, even if they share at least one bit of terminology.

Spiritual successor, yes. And flipped in mood, with Changeling inherit Wraith's grimderpness while Geist taking Changelings "oh hey the world doesn't suck so bad I guess".

I feel like if Geist were Wraith's spiritual successor, you'd be playing the Geist, not the Sin-Eater. At best it's closest to playing one of Wraith's Revenants but the games are too dissimilar for one to be a successor, even spiritually so.