Post your favorite space marine chapters and judge other people based on their's

Post your favorite space marine chapters and judge other people based on their's.

>pic related, in no particular order (cause Red Scorpions #1)

here's a template full of space marine chapters

Celestial Lions.

Fuck the Inquis- "Ork Snipers"

>Celestial Lions, Lamenters, Salamanders, Doom Eagles, Blood Angels, Raven Guard, White Scars, Raptors, Grimnar's Space Wolves, Guardians of the Covenant.

I've got a bit of a theme going. I'm the worst 40k fan.

I have to imagine the Dark Eagles get confused for the Dark Angels a lot. Like all the time.

Lamenters, 'cause... Nicest guys around, with the worst luck.

And yet they still struggle on, being badasses.

It's me, the user that likes Marines Errant that isn't Shoggy

>Favourite Chapter
Marines Errant, cause napoleonic naval warfare in space gives me a massive erection
>Favourite 1st Founding Chapter
Toss up between Imperial Fists and Space Wolves
>Favourite Legion
Death Guard
>Other Chapters I like
Carcharodons, Raptors, Death Spectres and Astral Claws are pretty cool

>3/4 of the chapter got killed by fellow space marines because the lamenters sided with a traitor

lol

>"You say hostages, I say bait"

>thousand sons blood magpies

>no souls, no problems

>loyalist khorne berserkers

>night lord hobo sharks

>space nazi doctors

>Lamenters

The best

>Lo! The Mantle of the Mary Suzerain!

Brother...

Unironically the Angry Marines

I like the Crimson Fists because they're nice guys and their color scheme is great.

Suffer not the alien to live.

>matthew ward

But honestly, space romans are a good idea however i can't get myself to like the blue and gold color scheme.

In No particular order:

Salamanders
Guardians of the Covenant
Relictors
Space Wolves

>night lord hobo sharks

Those are Raven Guard. The NL hobos are called Ashen Claws or something.

How would I go about making a Nazi themed chapter with Nazi inspired colours?

forgot the most important one: Rainbow Warriors

see
and Play Red Scorpions

I love this color scheme. Who are these badass motherfuckers?

What about 3rd company?

Lately I've snowed in on Angels Penitent. I like their backstory.

Are the Marine Errant a paint scheme in Battlefleet Gothic Armada yet?

Heresy-era World Eaters have such a great color scheme. White makes blood stand out so much better.

So which of these are descendants of Traitor Legions?

Besides the Soul Drinkers, that is? Since the Blood Ravens are now canonically confirmed to not be Thousand Sons descendants, but Dark Angels.

That is the traitor legion of the World Eaters, senpai. Back before they we're the poster children of Khorne.

The fuck did that happen?

Proof?

Pretty much? Or maybe something descended from Blood Angels that is always in the colors of the Death Company?

ADB hinted at it.

Paint them Wehrmacht grey with black trim.

Have your first company/higher ups painted black with red trim to be SS.

Dark Angels, they're basically just a chapter full of batman.

Gonna need some links or something

No actually though. Play Red Scorpions. They're obsessed with their gene-seed purity and following the codex to a T.

It is a well-established meme that they are Nazi space marines

Google nazi space marines. Some guy did a chapter that's just dark blue with white swastikas but it looks really good.

>Confirmed
Literally only the Silver Skulls are confirmed to be descended from Traitors.

Everyone else, even the Soul Drinkers and Blood Ravens, might not be. The Soul Drinkers were simply not descended from Dorn. They could've been from any other Legion, or even a mix of Blackshields who rejoined the Imperium. Considering their speciality was boarding and void combat, it sounds like they were basically Space Marine pirates during the Heresy.

If you read the latest HH book, the Thousand Sons, and especially the "Corvidae" that the Blood Ravens are supposed to be descended from, would never have rejoined the Imperium after the destruction of Prospero.

Iron Warriors pre and post heresy
Alpha legion pre and post heresy
Minotaurs, idk what they are going to do since the spiritual liege is now leading the imperium.

Crimson Fists aren't all Spanish are they?

No, I'm sure some are Mexican too.

No, some are Mexican.

I get Alpha Legion, but I've never understood Iron Warrior's love.

Mexican mind

What are some of the other cool original Rouge Trade schemes? Like those old camouflage schemes marines used to use?

The raptors had a pretty solid one in RT.

Yeah I love that kind of stuff. I'm making my marines more like the old RT ones than the current knights in space, which are fine if you like that.

Got anymore?

I have to say, 1. How does anyone see you in a blizzard anyway, 2. Surely white would be the best colour.

Just the basic shit you can find on google, nothing special.

>hurr Bud Revans should be mystery and shit
>now let me tell you who they really come from and also gut the entirety of the Emperor's character
ADB is a mongoloid and should be banned from making actual plot decisions.

Dantioch is pretty cool, but he's a renegade.

I think autists like the Iron Warrior because they can identify with autistic self-destruction, abject failure, and envy of normies.

It kind of hurts that FW took so many of these old school cool chapters and fluffed them out. They did a good job but I would have liked if they left some blank for us to use.

Better than what I came up with, I just figured everyone liked how they trolled Dorn and jerked off to that and that alone.

...I mean, I guess there's some /d/ crossover with the Daemonculaba too.

True dat

Do like the magpies

Gorgons
Steel Confessors
Iron Hands
Carcharodons
Knights Malevolant
Tiger Claws
Red Hunters
Knights of Blood
>no order

i personally like pre-heresy iron warriors for their paint scheme and heavy mechanization, but i'm not a huge fan of pert quite honestly, but i think the fallen have a pretty slick color scheme,e

I can't fault you for that reasoning I guess, solid as my "Dark Angels are basically Batman" reasoning.

Curiosity question though: thoughts on Iron Hands?

Who are the Gorgons?

>First Founding
-Iron Fists
>Traitor Legion
-Alpha Legion
and
-Night Lords
>Later foundings
-Carcharodons
-Steel Confessors
-Red Hunters
-Knights of Blood

>I also like the solid gold of the Custodes but they don't count.

Go ahead argue against this lineup
>protip: you can't.

Blood Angels
Iron Hands
Salamanders
Legion of the Damned

I like their symbol and their color pattern.

Should I make my own White Scars successor chapter so I don't have to paint bulk white armour?

No, you should play a game that isn't for babies

as much as i like robo-cop marines i fell like they take it a bit too far, but i like them, for similar reason i like the iron warriors

So backgammon?

>all those hardasses and iron hands successors
>no red talons

Autek Mor is disappointed in you.

That'll do

Good taste OP.

>not killing/being killed by giant space bugs of death

I'm arguing against Iron Fists being first founding. Also you picked the two worst Traitor Legions!

Cool

>two worst traitor legions
>not Emperor's Children and Word Bearers
wat

I love the White Scars but can't get over their hideous colour scheme.

>Not Dark Angels and Word Bearers

You talking shit about the best Legion?

>thumbnail

Manlets, when will they ever learn?

Shut your whore mouth about the most loyal legion to ever fight in the EMPRAH's name in the history of ever.

>worst legion
fight me

We fight at tomorrow at noon. Come naked.

Play a successor chapter

There are no successor chapters during 30k

Lamenters has to be my favorite, hands down. Black Templars, Pre-Heresy Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and the Iron Hands are also up there too in no particular order.

Iron Hands all millennium every millennium, weaklings.

God help me, I've been a Death Guard fan ever since I read HS40K. Only the dead know peace from this suffering

>Spoiler
There are divergent color schemes within legions, though. The chapters that existed within the legions during 30k, or companies, would occasionally have their own looks.

Ambush, Stealth and Infiltration.
Best marines!

But different pauldrons not all of the armour

Other way around, really. As far as I've seen, so long as the pauldron with the legion symbol on it has the legion's colors, then everything is bueno.

X legion best legion
[Spoiler] in my opinion, though I respect your right to have a differing or opposing opinion [/spoiler]

>The space sharks emblem is literally just a head on of a shark with angry eyes

lol

It's the hypest shit and you know it.

Realtalk though, I've always imagined they have a kind of Polynesian feel to them, tattoo's and void specialties and all that. Would be neat to get some fluff like that for them.

Never said it was bad, just said it was funny

They're your dudes, just color them however you want and explain it later with some homefluff.

Black Templar, Because Space Marines are made to get shit done

Death Guard.

Not Canon but I fucking love the Emperor's Nightmare. Everything about that chapter makes me so happy and tickles me in just the right way. Even the colour scheme especially the colour scheme

True dat. Royal-ass color scheme and super noblebright.

I bet you cowards don't even crash moons into planets.

>scythes of the emperor
>salamanders
>legion of the damned
>imperial fists

r8 though I don't play spess mahrens

Is there even a better successor chapter?
correct answer is no