Veeky Forums creates a campaign setting based on the most ridiculously cool things they can think of

Consider how some of the most interesting settings are made by mixing two genres or concepts and making something new out of them. Consider Shadowrun, a blend of High fantasy and cyberpunk or Warhammer 40k, a mix of space opera and Classic Fantasy.
Lets create a campaign setting for GURPS based around the coolest things we can think of. First five posts will be the core concepts of the setting and we can build on it from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA
youtube.com/watch?v=lEE4yZgphFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A space where imagination is a weapon and emotion can be made manifest as a physical property

It's a meat world.
All technology is, was and always has been genetically engineered.
From guns, to vehicles, to medicine, to computers, to spacecraft.

So Geneforge?

I don't know what that is.
But pretty much everything should either be biological, or have been created by biological processes.

titanic robots designed like heroes of legend are common features of armies and major cities

God is a tyrant that rules over creation with an iron fist in an attempt to create a being strong enough to depose him. He constructs a city with a direct connection to heaven where there are a multitude of different cultures and races that exist there due to rare materials that can be scavenged by mounting expeditions through the portal. Each Godkiller becomes a new god, rewrites existence, and finally bored with the ennui of eternity, creates a similar death game for the denizens of their handbuilt universe so they may feel mortal peril without running among their lesser creations.

Using modified music instruments as melee weapons

It's a series of computer RPGs with setting exactly like you're describing. Really bad graphics, but otherwise it's good stuff. I'd recommend starting with Geneforge 5 as it's very good and easy to get into.

So, Evas based on Dynasty Warriors that use instrument weapons to fight a god that encourages them to get even stronger?

That... sounds like a material for the most hotblooded, crazy cool anime setting ever.
I love It

We're all gonna be rich.

oh... ok.

>anime
Western animation 2000AD/Métal Hulant style or bust.

Id say ditch the instruments or have it be a weapon that one faction uses

Some thick petroleum made of the remnants of the previous iteration of the city is the main source of power and drugs.

> meat world

You mean this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

The setting's church believes that explosions are sacred.
The pope is commonly called Father Bomba

>The setting's church believes that explosions are sacred.
so, Islam?

got a chuckle out of me, but let's not turn this into a /pol/ thread

The fashion and language of the entire setting is purpetually stuck in the early 90's

That's not rad at all

Can we switch instruments for weaponized imagination (ala weaponized AT fields)

DRAGONS DOGMA GET OUT REEEEEEEE

Honestly it's a kind of cool idea, but I always imagine eventually one of these people won't be a hero who eventually wants it to be over, one day its a psychopath that when he realizes the cycle decides to end it all

Are you thinking about something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lEE4yZgphFk

Bump

Reminds me of the Venusians from Battle Angel Alita.

>one offhand comment saying anything remotely negative about CULTURAL ENRICHMENT
>woah guys let's not get all /pol/ up in here this is supposed to be a safe space!
I want Tumblr to leave

when deers fight their antlers get tangled together and both become unable to move. if they're lucky, one will break the other's neck, wait for it to decay enough that it can sever the head, then walk around with that in front of its face. if not, they stare eachother in the face while waiting for death by thirst and starvation. predators may kill and eat one while the other watches, still attached.

this is the most metal thing I've ever heard of and it is someone's god of war.

unrelated: thuggees are also quite hardcore.

No he's got a legit worry, honestly /pol/ can ruin a whole thread, Its terrible. All it takes is one joke for them to let loose

Delicious!

dont die on me, i really wanna see where this goes

Bump.

A post-apocalyptic medieval world with modern age gun technology and a religion of gun worshippers. Basically /k/ with medieval armor and shields

Dogs

/pol/ is cancer.

This is good. I can already imagine priests of Samuel Colt wielding holy Peacemakers.

Isn't that exactly what the anti-pol crowd are doing now though? One joke sparked all this needless defensiveness...

How about the orthodox apostles: St. Kalashnikov, St. Nagant, St. Maxim and St. Tokarev?

Humans live in humanistan.

This.

Magic grenades and mines. Also traps.

>It's a meat world.
I would love to play in the Warriors of Plasm setting.

Why are they doing the sign of the cross wrong

It's not even backwards, they just inverted the last two steps

Are you kidding? It's so rad to the max, it's extreme!

>Did someone said...?