>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/...
Kindly take this poll, /5eg/.
strawpoll.me/12584834

Other urls found in this thread:

enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?468810-GUIDE-By-your-Powers-Combined-A-Land-Druid-Handbook#ixzz4c53Vxz8q
fmovies.to/film/the-great-wall.n355k/rrvlqm
dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/charactersheets
amazon.com/Untitled-RPG-Accessory-Wizards-Team/dp/0786966181)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Psifag BTFO.

Leave issues from previous threads in the previous threads, user.
This really shouldn't have to be explained.

Otherwise you get multi-thread shitposting.

Is there a trove for DM's guild content?

What is this from?

I'll repeat my question: Why is 5e so constipated?

Is move earth any good it sounds fairly mediocre for a 6th level spell

Are lances really worth taking at all?

Secondary question: What are the WORST weapons in 5e, in your opinion?

I think one of the worst weapons in 5e is the pike. It has insane weight for its size (if you go by real-world comparisons, it's on the HIGHEST end of weight, while being MEDIOCRE in length. A pike of that weight would realistically have been much longer.), and it gets excluded from Polearm Master for NO reason.

Worst weapon is the blowgun, no contest. There is no situation imaginable where it is worth using.

>What are the WORST weapons in 5e
Rapier, for being the only d8 finese weapon.

Lance is a 1d12 Reach weapon that small races can use freely, the only one in fact other than whip.

Goblins especially can make use of them since they may disengage and back away to avoid the face-to-face disadvantage.

Duh-duh-duh-duh
Whip it
Whip it good!

I don't really get why the whip is there. I guess if someone wants to make Simon Belmont?

To answer your first question: If you take Mounted combatant, then maybe. Otherwise just go with a normal reach weapon like a halberd or pike

Because it doesn't give a shit what you think.

What's the average duration for combat assuming it's just regular encounters and they're not fighting boss-tier enemies?

Cause people say 5e combat is quick compared to last editions. I haven't played past editions so I can't really know but I've only DM'd recently and I feel like combat can take a while. I'm pretty new to DMing so there's that factor but my combat can last from 20 minutes to 30 minutes with the rare oddity being a good hour during big numbered fights. I feel like it's long for me (my players seem to not mind) and with us seeing each other 2 hours a week, I kinda want to know how you guys do combat to quicken things but enough to satisfy the combat urges of the party.

I've been running through curse of strahd and we haven't had a single encounter go past four rounds yet. And that was because two of those rounds involved a tactical retreat/chase.

No one?

Are you all new to the game?
Combat is repetitive as fuck, and there are few bonuses (usually it's just rolling extra dice), once you dial it in it gets faster for the players, and as a DM you learn how to prep to make it as fast as possible.
It also depends on how optimized the group is, if they are blenders it will go faster, if they're bumbling around it will go a bit slower, not by too much tho.

it stinks!

>Move Earth:Situational utility. Way too many better picks to consider this.

Is wall of thorns a better pick

what class/spec?

Druid 10/ sorcerer 1

oh druid, sec

yes

>Wall of Thorns: A great area denial spell, it takes a total of 20 feet of movement to get through the wall, and can totally shut down an encounter with clever placement. Put it 15ft in front of your enemies and a creature with Speed 30 will be forced to either waste its action to Dash or end its turn in the wall and take the damage TWICE.

Read more: enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?468810-GUIDE-By-your-Powers-Combined-A-Land-Druid-Handbook#ixzz4c53Vxz8q

Pair this with the sorlock forcing them back through

Did you ever feel the need to win a siege action on the spot?
That's what it's for.
Sieges are won by the side with more wizards, as usual.

In a game I played, my wizard would use Bigby's Hand to push people back into it. Fun.

I like the Pathfinder world better than Forgotten Realms, would there be any reason why I wouldn't run a D&D5e game in the PF world? Any mechanics that would be hard to handwave? Domains/arcane traditions/etc?

5e doesn't have the kitsunes and other fetish races, so all of Golarion falls apart.

Dwarves hate elves in FR for the most part

How does being d8 finesse make it bad?

well it kinda makes other finesse weps pointless

It's not light so you need a feat to dual wield with it, and not thrown so you can only use it in melee (unlike daggers).

Just do the smart thing and have all the variant races be statted as variant humans with an appropriate first level spell castable on a long rest.

Probably not, you might need to make some adjustments, but you could probably make it work.

I never went in the previous thread so I'm not the guy you're "BTFO"ing but, Psionics and magic should be distinct things in the context of DnD and Psionics shouldn't be affected by anti-magic effects.
>post something people already know about
>btfo
this is just, like, my opinion, man
it's also how i'm gonna handle it when I gm

Yea, but dual wielding is kinda shitty, especially on a rogue when you need the Bonus Action to disengage. Daggers can be easily hidden with Sleight of Hand and thrown, but rapier is really good. A valor bard with a shield for example has 1 (one) choice for a weapon. I wouldn't remove it but it's just better.

That's why I like it, desu. You can run any kind of game you want, just go to the next country over.

I'm sure there are singular exceptions (like there are good Drow), so I don't see how this change would impact the PCs particularly

I wasn't even thinking of including those, they annoy me because most of the time they're shit furries.

I always thought of it as, Mystra created/maintains the Weave which is the source of all magic, and Auppenser created/maintains the, uhh Psionic Matrix or something, which is similar but not connected to the Weave. Auppenser awakening and the return of Psionics to the Realms could be a fun adventure.

Apparently it would have been too hard to copy the tag system from 4e into 5e. Which would have solved all these issues.

Is MEGAanon the hero we need?

Looks like 3.5 to me. That's probably why it's a mess and a waste of everyone's time

Is there a list of everything that changed in Forgotten Realms between 4e and 5e (or 3e and 5e)? I'm looking at 4e maps and the 5e map from Sword Coast's Adventurer's Guide and there are considerable differences in that region...

The one thing I can think of is that 4e got rid of the Wall of the Faithless, because it makes no fucking sense, and then, because wizards are cucks, they brought it back in 5e.

The issue isn't with the material, though, it's with people whining about "muh psionics". Mystic v3 says psionics are magic, which means its pretty obvious that anti-magic fields will suppress it.

For what purpose?

Basically, a complete repudiation of 4e so that the grogs who are now playing pathfinder would come back with 5e.

A zip of .PSD Roll20-style token templates has been added to the Mega under Extras.

The Great Wall is actually good and would make a fun D&D campaign. If you are bored and looking for something to watch, you can see it here if you want.

fmovies.to/film/the-great-wall.n355k/rrvlqm

Just turn on the CC because there is some Chinese, not much though.

Nice

I'm strongly disappointed by the "Divine Arcana" presented in this week's Unearthed Arcana. When I see, for the third time in a row, a wizard subclass ability that grants a straight +2 to attack rolls or saving throws, I feel like WoTC aren't paying attention to user feedback.

there's only so much interesting mechanics and class features they can tack on before they have to add absolute modifiers

How easy is 5e to run?

Too easy.

I want to get into minis but I'm never sure how many I need. To anons who have a collection enough to accommodate your encounters, how did it begin? Is there an "essentials" collection that has most used monsters like goblins and generic humanoid that depict commoners?

I'm not sure where to start. i'm gonna assume start small by getting minis depending on what module I'm running and work my way from there? Like I'm starting with Lost Mines so I'll work on getting goblins/bugbears/zombies/bandits/etc. and just let it naturally grow over time?

Sounds like the ideal game for me!

Posted a little while ago about a homebrew race of crab men. Here's what I have more or less finished after some recommendations here. Thoughts?

wizard already has like 15 archetypes, they could just not make anymore or hurry up and finish the existing UAs so they are no longer in playtest state.

I collect because they are pretty. I'm not even a DM

>Crab men race

Another thing they could is stuff like also fixing classes that are meh at best.

Of you had to "canabalize" any race I'd choose crab people it would be tasty

You won't have enough butter

These are all the monsters in the MM that have Regional Effects:

>Aboleth
>True Dragons
>Kraken
>Mummy Lord
>Beholder
>Unicorn
>Vampire

Aboleth is one of the first entries, so when I saw this I got really excited, but after searching the book and finding only this, I found this extremely underwhelming.

Thoughts?

>implying my character doesn't carry around 100 pounds of butter just for this exact reason

I could also just use prestidigitaion to make it taste buttery

it's gay

That's what the cow-people race is for.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, Mummy Lord hardly counts.

Cow isn't exotic enough for my tastes

CRAAAAB PEOPLE

Tell me about your last Druid, /5eg/. What were they like?

Yes, it is.

I miss a Medusa with lair actions, making her petrified victims attack the players or some shit.

Well he's an elf hating dwarf Druid who is slowly going insane from not being underground

A prime-of-the-empire British "archaeologist"/explorer type who took it up by copying the natives' rituals for posterity and got taken up by a nature spirit.

He was a throwaway character in a game I was going to leave. He also had 12 as his highest stat because of rolled stats. Praise Moon Druids.

easy to run, hard to run well. You'll find as you get more experienced that there just isn't anything there. It's a very simple edition, and doesn't offer much in the way of unique mechanics. So as your players get better, you'll have to commit more and more work to make things interesting, rather than having a system that naturally does that for you (such as Burning Wheel, EotE, or 4e)

I only see like 5 tokens when I open it with the windows 10 default zip opener.

He's a wrestler

His backstory was that he used to be a treasurer/secretary for a blacksmith guild, and when he was caught embezzling their fund they turned him into the courts for what the Guildmaster believed would be a swift execution. The local judge had been in on his scheme however, and to keep him quiet switched his sentencing from hanging to exile.
He ended up being found by a Druid who took him in as an act of charity, and ended up apprenticing under him out of a mixture of gratitude and for survival purposes. The Druid later on died after a witch cursed him for constantly disrupting the rituals held in his woods, and my Druid then spent most of the next decade stamping out the cults and covens throughout them both out of revenge and because they were damaging to the local environments/ecosystems which he had come to care for through his training.
By the time the campaign started he was in his mid-60s and had mostly settled down into his role as a caretaker for his land and guiding travellers through them in a manner that got them the Hell out as quickly as possible. He was chaotic neutral, which manifested as a cantankerous personality with little respect for the law or hierarchy and a hermetic lifestyle dedicated to his work and study.
That said, the older he grew the more he became homesick for the city he'd once belonged to - and given the relative tranquillity of his woods, he figured he could afford one last journey to visit them again. So he found himself travelling back to his birthplace to say goodbye to it properly for the final time, right as the BBEG of the campaign was busy razing it to the ground.
Cue him meeting the rest of the party who were busy fleeing the destruction.

A gnome with purpose in life, set to eradicate criminality as it undermines civilization and such force overuse of resources

Sounds cool, how did that turn out?

Druid and Ranger are the only classes I've never tried.

So... in my setting

>dwarves are religious fanatics
>elves are secretly slavers
>orcs are seafaring raiders
>Halflings, Dragonborn and Tieflings don't exist

Any suggestions on what I can do with gnomes? I was going to make them not exist too, but one of the players wants to play one.

>implying elves weren't already secretly slavers

Dirty Knife ears are always up to no good

Elf slaves
House elves, if you will

You could use it to make your rations taste like buttery crab

What class is he hoping to play? You can base it off from his decision. Like make him the Drizzt of that world or some shit.

He wants to play a (Great Old One) Warlock. I think I could go from that and say that gnomes are all inherently mad or something like that...

Any other ideas, guys?

It's templates for making tokens, not the tokens themselves (which you can find elsewhere in the Mega).

Try playing for a longer period, 2 hours isn't enough

Sure, combine it with living in streets or the woods, fey like weirdness and rampant pact magic of all flavors.

Volo's has regional effects too, and so do Demon lords

Working off this, they can enjoy putting themselves into servitude of various sorts, as it helps them focus themselves.

Make them historically tied to occult Far realm shit that got them a bad name until a recent event got them to sort of redeem their raceand clean up in the eyes of the others. Hell make it that gnomes eventually integrated themselves to the dwarven society, since the end of the gnome race's "Mad Times" or something, the gnomes turned to the more pious outlook in religion with the dwarves' gods. Sprinkle some old discriminatory flavor that make some society not trust gnomes due to old history and you got something.

Sure, but not in the MM, right?

Uhh yeah but I mean if you are after regional effect monsters there are plenty of them in other books too

dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/charactersheets

Looks like the June product release (previously unnamed on Amazon amazon.com/Untitled-RPG-Accessory-Wizards-Team/dp/0786966181) has been confirmed as a new character sheet pack.

So I'm guessing the rest of the unnamed ones will be stuff like a new first-party DM screen and such.

Do we have codenames for upcoming modules/supplements?

way I see it there are three main aspects that affect combat speed, in no particular order.

1. player type (players who are quick at thinking and think of their actions ahead of time vs. players who bumble around a lot and are indecisive)
2. player class (a champion fighter vs a full spellcaster, how many possible options they have at their disposal)
3. DM prep/tools (how quick you can note down monster effects, roll imitative and keep track of order, etc.)

typically combat only lasts for about 3-5 rounds for my party for a medium sized encounter, which is about 15-30 minutes on average.

You missed Death Tyrant