How to best represent autism in an RPG? I think -5 INT works well for D&D

How to best represent autism in an RPG? I think -5 INT works well for D&D.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_mlyEtzax8
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13062465/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ileid2tM3a0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just be yourself

Low quality bait

You need to couple that with a delusion that the autist is "super smart and special."

Penalties to all social checks.

Also, I'd reduce wisdom before intelligence.

The general stereotype for autism is a buff to INT but a detraction to CHA. The proportions of these vary from individual to individual.

Just penalty to social stuff

Autistic people are definitely not smarter than average people. Maybe -3 INT -3 CHA?

Surprised the anti-Excuse-Me-fag hasn't latched onto these threads yet.

Why though? Are you trying to stat yourself in D&D or something?

i think its more of a penalty to WIS and CHA, as autists can be knowledgeable but bad at inferring or using said knowledge.

-5 Cha

Autism isn't retardation. It usually doesn't correlate with a decrease in int

I thought that autistic people can't perceive faces or social cues, that sounds like -WIS to me, but they are also usually very low IQ so I guess it needs to be -4 INT -2 WIS -4 CHA

Yes it is.

Depends. Low functioning autism or high functioning? The INT, WIS, and CHA penalties can be as severe at -6 or as light as -2.

Depends on the specific kind of autism you have, OP.
-2 INT -2 WIS -2CHA is a general formula.
Tune it to suit you best.

Going to make it hard to model the general sensitivity to sound.

It's more a penalty to relevant skills since one can usually be taught to be "normal"

Ehh, feels like we should throw in a penalty to dex and str too, just to be sure.

I propose a tough-but-fair -2 STR -3 DEX -4 CHA and -5 INT

That's downs

Seems about right.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_mlyEtzax8

How about a -6 to WIS as well? Autistic people make poor decisions. Just look at OP.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13062465/

Yeah, there's no way in hell anyone could possibly claim that he's got a higher IQ than normal.

Why would you want to include mental disorders that would never exist if the mentally disabled had natural selection to deal with? Like in most medieval style D&D settings.

roll 2d6. the first dice is the bonus you get to int and the second is the malus you get to social

Some things are so terrible they become impossible to look away from

youtube.com/watch?v=Ileid2tM3a0

It's irrelevant because autism is caused by vaccines anyway.

Never mind autism or aspergers. I genuinely believe Chris-Chan is legitimately insane.

I think a more accurate statement is disorders that do not exist or have been renamed to make money from stupid parents who think spending money to "treat" their retarded/autistic child is going to help

Here is your (you)
Have a cat

/v/ go the fuck away

Also autism would be high int low wis

I would say a penalty to CHA more than anything, they can get a skill bonus, but only in one specialized field

The truth is out there, user.

>just be yourself

>freeform
>good

Low functioning autism would reduce all mental stats to no more than 6.

Sense Motive is Wisdom.

Sense Motive represents your ability to empathize and recognize emotion.

Do you think artists are good at this?

>Sense Motive represents your ability to empathize and recognize emotion.
>Do you think artists are good at this?

Definitely.

I also have high enough Spot to notice you're posting from a phone with a shitty keyboard app.

Not INT, IQ is like the one thing autists have going for them. Penalty to WIS and CHA to represent lack of conventional wisdom or social aptitude

Sorry retard, autism isn't real and your IQ is garbage

Ohoho, you're clever! I like you! I meant autists, and I'm on an iPhone!

ITT: average IQ shitposters get defensive about superior autistic intellects and post low quality b8 as a desperate form of compensation

Stay mad, neuro-normal plebians :^)

>Legendary Super 'Sperger
+2 Int
- 1 Wis
- 1 Cha

>Standard Autism
- 2 Wis
- 2 Cha

>Low Functioning
-2 Wis
-2 Int
-4 Cha

>Chris Chan
-6 to all Stats
Always Neutral Evil

There is no autistic person alive with an IQ of 100 or greater. Prove me wrong spastic (you can't)

>Chris chan

When a video starts with "the man in the pickle suit tricked me again" you know it's time to an hero and hope reincarnation is kinder next time.

>Legendary
>+2 INT
Legendary as in doesn't exist

>>Chris Chan
Who?

He was a crazy fucker who started off making up shit about sonic the hedgehog and then after like 10 years of non-stop autism he "transitioned" and is now going by the name Zoe Quinn

You don't know how deep this hole is.