Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1404: Fantastic Digimon and Weaboo Card Games Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/52308742

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wxX3EMJn
pastebin.com/heShpwkC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck, fucked it up, that's my bad. Been a while since I made one of these.

There's the link.

Thank you ;_;

REPOSTIN' AS THREAD DIED.

Why do you post your builds?
or
Why don't you post your builds?

Just trying to understand a bit of people's reasoning.

Oh? I read that as just merging with other Digimon, not digital life in general. Guess I misunderstood. Well, either way works, I'm going to be Bio-Merging with my partner, they can take the perk, instead. Thanks for answering, NuBee. Now, time to jump my favorite Digimon series.

I'm reposting this for the same reason as question guy, inconvenient thread death.

Do companions who are Magizoologists get 400CP for perks and 200CP for beasts, or only 200CP for beasts?

Also, why can't companions purchase items?

And here it is with all the edits and fixes brought up last thread.

I'm going to bed now but I'll read any comments and builds tomorrow.

I'd need to have builds, to post them. I just can't work up the motivation to make builds for CYOAs anymore, it seems.

Is that even a canon thing, or is it just fanwank? Is there any reason to believe it's not just anti-Muggle charms or some bullshit like that?

No problem dude, have fun! It's my favorite too. Grani is hard to explain since it's more of a Digimon than Behemoth, but less of a Digimon compared to say, like, normal Digimon. I think it counts more for what Digimon Partners with Bio-Merge can fuse with than Tamers with Bio-Merge though.

If we Import a Digimon Partner we've already got, can we customize the Digivolution line they already use, or do they instead have to gain a set of alternate Forms? If the second one is the case, how does have two rookie forms work? Can they switch between them freely?

Can we Import an entirely mundane toy that we already possess as their Sentimental Gift? I would prefer to give something that has genuine value to my Jumper, instead something just from the background of that specific Jump.
I constantly change and revise and modify my builds, so keeping track of my Chain would be impossible. I sometimes post Builds, usually if no one else does I try to make one, though that one is usually entirely divorced from my actual Chains.

Laziness and that I don't always type up entertaining stories. I also have trouble maintaining interest in my Jumpers past the midpoint.

Speak of, I'm dropping my claim on Kamen Rider Hibiki. I feel like me making a jump about another singular Heisei Rider, especially a show that's...weird to watch, putting it mildly, would result in another milquetoast jump and the canon deserves better.

I will still be working with Digger on Heisei Part 7, though.

Finally, corrected a DxD typo in which I mistook humans for having four legs.

Most excellent!

I spend too long trying to write compelling narratives to go with them... lose interest, and eventually fade.

Plus, I question whether anybody would really care to see them. I've since learned there is apparently a degree of interest ._. So I'm gonna try to now.

Mostly, I just like reading other peoples, so I figure I should post my own.

I run through chains like they're paper towels, and I just don't feel strongly enough about anything to even explain my reasoning for getting stuff beyond "because", so I feel really awkward about posting them.

Jump 41: High School DxD

Race: Human
Faction: Independant
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Bodacious (Free)
Magic System (Free)
Interesting Times (Free)
JUMPAI (Free)
Sacred Hospitality (Free)
Water Under The Bridge (100 CP)
Something Special (100 CP)
I Should Be Dead By Now (200 CP)
Almighty Janitor (200 CP)
Idiot Hero (300 CP)
This Is My Town (300 CP)
Dance With Me (600 CP)

Sacred Gears:

Trick Vanish (200 CP)
Mirror Alice (300 CP)
>Maximum pranking Sacred Gears get. During the course of the jump I developed an offshoot of Mirror Alice that just reflected the ability with the same strength instead of twice the power, but used less energy.

>My Sacred Gear manifested as two arm gauntlets which had giant mirror shields on them. Which could materialize a staff in my hands without me pulling them out.

Drawbacks:
Unhealthy Obsession (+100 CP)
>Not really different from how my brain works without social perks, so this isn’t a big deal. My jumper rambles a lot about

Noticed (+100 CP)
>Eh. I can probably handle it.

Dress Break (+100 CP)
>...Moving ON.

How Do I Math (+200 CP)
>Hey Colress. Please help! Thank you!

Blood In The Water (+200 CP)
Götterdämmerung (+300 CP)

Write-up in next post

Because the last build I posted was back in August of 2015.

There have been many jump updates since then. Also the chain's now at 686. That and... I doubt anybody really cares about that story.

Plus I know what builds people like seeing and I don't typically go for those kinds of builds so, why waste people's time?

Did you see ?

Because last time I posted my chain, the thread descended into madness.

I lay a curse on Issei where every girl he saw was flat-chested and always had underwear on for a good natured bit o’ fun. He figured it out and became very upset with me. He got so upset that he killed me. However, I came back, but this time in my typical moth form. Just to let him know what he was dealing with.

Issei then told me to lift the curse the next time he saw him. I told him to stop being a huge pervert. His goal of becoming the Harem King was nice (I would be hypocritical if I got mad at him over it, considering how I have like four husbands and two wives, one a fucking sword) but him being able to talk to people’s boobs and stripping people of their clothes was...not very nice. He said no. I used Trick on him to seal away his stripping ability.

He then proceeded to break through it, in true shounen fashion.

And thus we played what amounted to a playground game where the kids would go “you can’t do this because I took away your powers” and then the other kids would say “nuh-uh because my power lets me break through that” and so forth. It was ridiculous how much it escalated.

I accidentally shounen trained Issei as a result and made him much, much stronger. He (eventually) matched me. This somehow made him a chivalrous pervert instead as to where he didn’t rip girl’s clothes off all the time and do perverted stuff without permission. Eventually, he befriended me, somehow (No, not romantically. Hell no.), and so I helped him fight. I would train him in G Gundam styles of fighting, figuring he might as well learn them. He was gonna fucking need it with all the shit happening. At the lower levels of fighting, I would assist him in combat and fighting. Fighting gods and demigods was not something I was unfamiliar to. Then I was violently killed. Issei panicked a bit, since I mentioned to him that I had limited lives, but I came back. But this time, I wouldn’t help him in fights, but I did give him a shounen power up.

>Con't

(I also blessed Issei with good luck, too. And may have sent Domon Kasshu and George de Sand to help him out in their Mobile Suits)

I spent the rest of the jump running around saving innocents with my companions, and when Issei finally stopped all the fighting, I used slime technology to rebuild the world again with Issei’s help.

I'd say importing a Digimon would be like importing any other type of companion and you would be getting the new stuff as Alt.Forms. As for how it interacts, they'd be able to switch freely just like any other Alt.Form.

Mmmm, I suppose if it's entirely mundane and won't give you any special advantages, there's no harm in choosing something more personal instead of something new.

400 for perks and 200 for beasts. I changed the wording so hopefully that's clearer.

>Also, why can't companions purchase items?

I would have thought that was obvious, sometimes people use companion imports as a way to get more items than they have the budget for by just nicking stuff off their companions.

Do the benefits of Magician apply to magic in general or just DxD systems? Specifically, the efficiency bit. Also, is there anything stopping someone from learning multiple magic systems?

Because I like attention. And also because jumpchain is a good creative outlet.

>Jumps
pastebin.com/wxX3EMJn

>Companions
pastebin.com/heShpwkC

[Jump #15] Jurassic Park:
1300cp
------------------

>Location
•San Diego-(Rolled 6):

>Background
•Geneticist-(50cp):

>Age & Gender
•27-(Rolled)
•Male-(No Change)
------------------Total:(50cp)

>Skills and Abilities
1.PhD.x2-(50cp):
2.Missing Link-(50cp):
3.Cloning-(100cp):
4.Chaos Theory-(100cp):
5.Genetic Improvements-(150cp):
6.Fossil Hunt-(200cp):
7.Hybrid-(300cp):
------------------Total:(950cp)

>Items
1.DNA Samples-(100cp):
2.Laboratory-(200cp):
------------------Total:(300cp)

>Drawbacks
1.Biosyn-(+100cp):
2.It Rex Everything-(+200cp):
------------------Total:(+300cp)

>Future
•Move-On
------------------

>Notes/Personal Journal
After what happened in Chrono Trigger and Thundercats I decided to treat this jump as a vacation.

I spent my time hanging out with my companions and some other new friends, and I also made unique magical creatures to entertain people.
Fighting dinosaurs every so often was fun, and the rival company that wanted me for research wasn't even an obstacle.

I may have killed a few people and set a building or two on fire while I was here, but other than that I left things well enough alone.

I post them because I need validation, and I like to imagine people enjoy seeing my bullshit.

105. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
School: Ilvermorny
Perks: Draco Dormiens Nunquan Titillandus, Charmant, Acceptance, Herbology Hero, Actor, Do You Think You Can Hold Me, Special Qualities, Bomb Shell, People Like You
Items: Wand (Import)
Drawbacks: Traumatic Upbringing

Eh, I've still got my scars from growing up. So, I just have to relearn the self-control I have in real life. Which is admittedly tenuous at times, but I'm getting better. And I'll get better here too.

So, I just show up out of the blue one day, shit's going down, and there's an expert on magical creatures trying to get a conservation effort going. So, what to do but help him? I write articles for newspapers again, and end up using a lot of the same tactics as I did for getting werewolves accepted in Harry Potter.

I also taught Newt some future magic, and gave him a stand. Mechanical Animals really helps him out.

I'll probably mentally flesh this out when I watch the movie, but it won't affect my build any. I'll have some fun imagining my adventure around it.

I like attention, obviously. I guess I also like giving attention to others, especially people who make things like chains and jumpmakers. It also encourages the jumpmakers to keep making jumps, I think. They like attention too.

Thanks.

I suppose I can see people doing that, though for the most part I think people who do that should just grab things in jump. I was mainly wondering about getting the auror items for an auror companion but I guess we can try to reverse engineer it ourselves.

Hey NuBee, if went down the Diaboromon evolution line, what would our final form be? Armageddemon or Quartzmon?

Is there any way to retain your original Anima power after becoming a Devil-Tiger if it doesn't fit your themes at all? That Fiend charm-learning is just so good.

[Jump #16] Outlaw Star:
1400cp
------------------

>Location
•Ctarl-Ctarl-(Rolled):

>Background
•Mechanic-(100cp):

>Race
•Human-(Free):

>Age & Gender
•20-(Rolled)
•Male-(No Change)
------------------Total:(100cp)

>Skills and Abilities
1.Repair Savv-(Free):
2.Dirty Fighting-(100cp):
3.Cross-wiring-(200cp):
------------------Total:(300cp)

>Items
1.Fancy Suit-(Free):
2.Diagnostic Tools-(Free):
3.5,000 Wong-(50cp):
4.Small Arms-(50cp):
------------------Total:(100cp)

>Companions
•Crew-(200cp):
------------------Total:(200cp)

>Starship and Upgrades
•Medium Frame-(Free):
•Grappler Arms-(Free):
•Grappler Gun-(Free):
•Missile Pods-(50cp, 1 slot):
•Torpedoes-(150cp, 2 Slots):
•Laser Cannons.x2-(200cp, 2 slot):
•Ship’s AI-(Free):
•Etheric Drive-(Free):
•Room Upgrades-(50cp):
•Advanced Repair Drones-(100cp):
•Etheric Sails and Hull Reinforcement-(150cp):
------------------Total:(700cp)

>Drawbacks
1.Explosive Words-(+200):
2.Treasure Hunting-(+200cp):
------------------Total:(+400cp)

>Future
•Move-On
------------------

>Notes/Personal Journal
I GOT A SPACESHIP!

Ahem, I'm sorry I lost control of myself for a moment there. Anyway, this whole jump was basically just another vacation but unlike Jurassic Park I didn't have any real obligations and I could actually go off and explore and have fun.
I was able to travel the stars with my companions, go on some fantastic adventures, and experience things that helped me get out of the funk I'd been in since Chrono Trigger.

Of course things weren't all sunshine and stardust. Owning a starship proved to be somewhat annoying thanks to the maintenance, fuel, and docking costs, and my companions and I made quite a few enemies while we were here.

Still, getting to explore space was awesome. And while I was here I was able to study some this world's technology and magic, and I also collected some genetic samples from the Ctarl-Ctarl.

Because why the fuck would anybody give a shit about what I wrote EVER? All I've learned is that trying to talk builds with people ends up causing salt in the thread.

Nubee. You are fucking awesome.

But now QUESTIONS! So, in regards to BioMerge, would that for anything that is in some way a digital projection?

As it stands, I have no idea where the DSP's summoning would fall under that, especially with the Demon Summoner Capstone.

Not sure desu, I always felt like my builds were boring compared to others, and my write-fagging is pretty weak, so yeah, I'd rather those my better do all that.

Well, that and I've made been doing a lot of head-cannoning to do with my Chain that would make a lotta anons "REEEE!"...we already have enough of that, I don't want to be another cause...

I post 'em because I put effort into them, might as well show people my work. Who knows. I might even get positive attention for it.

I feel autistic when I just throw shit out there no one asked to see.

>Why don't you post your builds?
Because I'm waiting for us to hit 1000 jumps, or I get a job, before delving back into the madness that is writing /jc/ fiction.

Mmm, the one problem with the translation replacing the Japanese terms, one of them with a similar term, is this kind of confusion. Diaboromon is the "Mega" kind of "Ultimate", so it would be the final form.

Its canon line is

"Tsumemon" (Fresh) -> "Kuramon" (In-Training) -> "Keramon" (Rookie) -> "Chysalimon" (Champion) -> "Infermon" (Ultimate) -> "Diaboromon" (Mega)

For further clarification, Wikimon uses the original terms.

Fresh = Baby 1
In-Training = Baby 2
Rookie = Child
Champion = Adult
Ultimate = Perfect
Mega = Ultimate

So if you're using Wikimon and see a Digimon with the "Ultimate" level, that's the equivalent of Mega, the more commonly used term in the West.

To your first question, what do you mean by Digital Projection? I'm not all that familiar with Demon Summoner's mechanics.

Because sharing builds when you play with house rules is just going to get you screamed at.

Er, that being said, you aren't hard locked into the canon way of doing things, so if you say, want your Infermon's "Ultimate" form to be Armageddemon or Parasimon or Daemon instead of Diaboromon, (Digimon listed on its page as potential routes it could take) that's your prerogative.

Because I change chains like I change shorts and the most promising chain so far more or less has me acting like a vaguely more principled(Though not very) version of pic related and that would end up being even more obnoxious than I normally am.

Not to mention actively writing up shit has been freaking chore lately since it's 90% of what I do anyways for work or school

Actually, are Super Ultimate Digimon a thing in Tamers? He'd have to replace Diaboromon entirely to go into either of two he listed if he made them regular Megas.

Because a skeleton got boring and I started working on other things.

Super Ultimate Digimon are not a thing in Tamers.

It's impossible to say they're not, since none of the anime really do a 'complete encyclopedia of digimon'. Can't really say what's out there as long as you're not playing with digivolution methods that don't exist in tamers.

Ah, I see. In that case, I'll just go with the route you mentioned, if only because the irony of being a heroic Diaboromon amuses me.

Thinking on it, I don't think that was a thing. The final battle with the D-Reaper was a group effort, rather then the usual "Lead/Lancer take on Final Boss by themselves" formula.

Well I like to imagine that maybe someone, somewhere enjoys reading the crap I put out. Admittedly I am probably imagining things. Also I find writing up and posting builds to be fun.

>Impossible to say they're not
They're not. Surprisingly possible.

Rolled 53 (1d100)

That wasn't your fault, it was mine.
Roll to Seduce.

Wonderful, we finally get a decent Digimon jump after two years. Is there any way to convert CP into DP?

*Not really different from how my brain works without social perks, so this isn’t a big deal. My jumper rambles a lot about moths or stories.

>To your first question, what do you mean by Digital Projection? I'm not all that familiar with Demon Summoner's mechanics.
From what I understand, the DSP works like program and demon summoning circle that summons an allied SMT Demon. However, these allies are sapient and thus would need to be companion'd for the contract to be valid outside of SMT.

Demon Summoner, the Normal Person Capstone, gets around this by creating copies of the allied demon within the personal compendium of the Summoners, this copies are simply sentient and thus can be taken along with no fuss.

Which then begs the question as to whether or not these copies, when summoned, are some weird blend of digital and other projections when summoned since they are summoned from within the DSP's Compendium rather than the Realm of their Original.

Urgh, just woke up and already thinking about this stuff, hopefully I've laid out my reasoning well enough here.

And that's why I loved Tamers so much, all the protags, in some way or another were all also MCs.

Oh, well. I was thinking on going Diaboromon too, and I kinda wanted the Kaiju mode. I can live without it, though.

My main chain is on hiatus and while I still make the occasional build for it I haven't put them in order or given them a write-up.
I might start a new chain next month and post it here.

Cheeky sarcasm. Nice contribution.

Because every combo I came up with got one or multiple Jumpmakers nerfing shit.

No more.

Yes, 'it exist because nothing says it doesn't even if it was made later' is soooo high quality.

Digimon are pretty huge, if I remember right. Especially that one prequel to the series, where Greymon fought that parrot Digimon while all of the Digidestined were kids, which had them as kaijus even in Champion form. Going by that, a Mega Digimon could go toe to toe with Godzilla.

Should we then declare that any digimon that doesn't appear directly in the Tamers anime is not allowed in the jump? Despite them being common, bog standard digimon elsewhere?

>Can't really say what's out there as long as you're not playing with digivolution methods that don't exist in tamers.
What?

Well more power to ya dude. Diaboromon is super cool.

There currently is not since I mostly balanced it around the current point totals and allotment.

user, let's cut the pretenses here since you're already exaggerating. You just want it to be allowed so you can buy your way into some super broken fusion again, just like in the original digimon jump.

For some reason I doubt you've even made more than one combo worth nerfing. But if they've been nerfed, surely it wouldn't hurt to share them now?

I've always wondered about that, maybe its just a way to showcase their strength, power, or whatever. Kinda like in that one episode of Pokemon where Gary's Krabby was bigger than Ash's Krabby due to how much stronger its gotten or something.

Dredd jump when?

The anime does not show all the digimon types that exist in the setting. We can't assume digimon that don't show up don't exist unless they come from digievolution methods, like xros fusions, that did not exist in that universe. Therefore I can't point to a particular digimon and declare "This does not exist in the Tamer's world." except with the criteria metioned above.

Ha, I knew it. You're not arguing from a position of logic, you're arguing from what's essentially a political stance on power.

Not even the person who asked, just commenting on logic holes, so your flimsy argument falls further apart.

It's sad seeing the lengths people like you go to get more power.

Insistence on a discredited argument simply makes you look like a baiter.

Not really answering the problem here, which is that your argument is still just 'no reason I can't. so I can." Been a while but I'm pretty sure the absence of evidence isn't evidence.

Okay, that seems pretty clear to me. If the projections are basically digital copies of a demon with no real will of their own, I think you could fuse with them using Tamer's Bio-Merge. I can't say the same if they're magic or something though.

Sorry dude, tried to focus on Tamers while still giving people cool stuff to play around with.

Depends on the Mega really. I'd say Zhuqiaomon and the other Sovereigns could stand up to some kaiju, but MarineAngemon could literally sit in your pocket.

Well, I think it's reasonable to assume that nothing more powerful than the sovereigns exist currently, or else they probably would have shown up to deal with the D-Reaper. I suppose that doesn't mean something more powerful couldn't exist, but it probably doesn't at this time. Granted, this is only an assumption, but "they don't exist" is a simpler assumption than "they do exist, but weren't available for some reason". I'd go for the simpler assumption, personally. But hey, you might be able to become one by putting in the effort to strengthen yourself.

I might agree with you, except in the end when they pulled on Calumon, the catalyst of Digivolution's power, to evolve all of the Digital World's Digimon, the final form of all of them were Mega. That means even when maximizing the potential power of something that could Digivolve all the Digimon in their world to their highest potential form, nobody reached Super Ultimate. Even the Sovereigns, exposed to the same power and far surpassing all other Digimon, did not take a new form.

Most of the anime and games take place in different universes with different mechanics, as shown in Digimon Tamers where Digimon Adventure is a cartoon in their world. Also mentioned in Xros and the other anime where protagonists were brought together from various dimensions.

So again, Super Ultimate is not a thing in Tamers. It does not exist as a mechanic in that world. If you achieve the mechanic through out of context means, that's you inventing it or bringing it to that world.

In many ways I see this Tamers jump as a replacement to the Digimon jump we have on the drive, so honestly I don't have much problem with that.

I'm waiting for a few more jumps to be released Including the one I'm making before I start my chain.

Though I'll probably be posting my builds on QQ due to the sexual nature of the summaries of my adventures. Plus I don't want to crowd up the threads.

What jumps are you making, user?

>Really want to Be an Arrestradramon
>Look it up on the wiki
>it's listed as an Adult and Ultimate level at the same time
>has only one evolution from there and literally everything else it gains is through Xros evolution

Is there a way to get a new form and KEEP it as the new "default"? I kinda wanted to know if such a thing were possible in Tamers.

Magic in general, mainly ones that 'spend' or utilize mana in some fashion, whether internal or channeled. It's a broad window, though, so you can say in general entirely. And you can totally learn more than one magic system.

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean by keep it as the new default?

In many cases digivolution is temporary. I was wondering if you could maintain one indefinitely.

Are Thunderbirds ridable? They seem way more awesome than brooms.

Digimon naturally 'age' into forms over time, and they become the default. Really inconsistent in timing so there's probably other, poorly understood criteria. What digimon partners are doing is basically temporarily adopting their older/more mature form through the bond they share with the digidestined. This is why there are plenty of digimon running around who are Champion/Ultimate/Mega by default, and why digimon partners generally revert back to rookie after combat.

When I bother to get off my ass and do this, I'm going full Hackmon.
Royal Knights forever!

Also that scarf is awesome/adorable.

Thanks, mang. Also, does this...

>Every Faction except Independent and every Race except human receives a magical system for free.

Mean you can potentially obtain two magic systems for free with the right faction and race choices?

Doggodragon.

That is correct, yes.

I know! Isn't it cool!

Jesus christ I feel like I'm 12 years old again.

That's a good feeling. Means your soul isn't dead.

Oh, yeah, that's mentioned a few times in the Digimon section. While the Digivolution Digimon Partners go through is temporary, that's because of the unnatural way in which they go through it (getting help from their Tamer). Most Digimon that Digivolve without a Tamer do so a whole lot slower, but it tends to be more permanent barring extenuating circumstances. Basically, independent training will net you a more higher level "default" forms once the plot has been worked out and the Catalyst's Power is released from Calumon.

Look at him! He's a doggodragon with a kamen-rider cape!. It's just damn cool!.
And among the Royal Knights he's a good guy, and a team player! It's even better!

Does Catalyst Power get released if you stomp on Calumon a lot?

Hackmon is pretty great dude, yeah.

This dude gets across what I was trying to say in a clearer and less rambly way.

Are you planning on going all the way to Jesusmon?

No one has ever tried, mostly because they don't wanna risk it. Mostly he just responds to strong emotions around him, or accidentally blasts it when he's having fun.

That's the Royal Knight form, and I originally went searching for a Royal Knight to bond with. So yes, I'm going all the way to Jesusmon/Jesmon.

Reminder that Hackmon is followed and assisted by Sistermon and Sistermon Noir, who got updated into being sexy nuns in the cardgame.

Sadly Nubee said I can't take them, without pods anyway since I assume those would work.

How much space is there in the Case? Is each habitat the size of a zoo habitat? Smaller? Larger?

>No Digital Hazard option for custom Digimons

Is there any werewolf waifus? The only one that I know of is out of Innistrad, but she is a planeswalker.

Also: How does the canon character companion out of Innistrad work? Can you choose any card, and get a "canon" companion that fits that? Or do you have to stick to legendary/lore characters?

Bleh, sorry, lemme just cut straight to telling you to look again since it's with the other 200DP options in Special Characteristics.