Justify the Shame

Defend yourselves.

Have you heard what they say about you? Maybe it's directed at the characters you choose to play, your behaviour at the table, your GMing style, or that one thing you did during a session.

But are you truly That Guy?

Explain yourselves and justify your past shames, Veeky Forums.

Nice try Pride Demon.
I've never run or played in a game, ever.

I Disagree whith the crazy whacky fun some other players have, but the GM's doing a good job so I don't want to drop out even though I'm gradually becoming that guy.

I value players having fun over in character roleplaying, if my behaviour goes against what my character would have really done for the sake of having fun then I'll be that guy.

I'm the closest thing to our group's that guy, for sure.

My philosophy is this: If I break your game by metagaming, you need a better game. If the only interesting thing about your encounter with a troll is that you won't let us kill it with fire until we've wasted two rounds trying other ways to kill it, then there was nothing interesting about your encounter.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in the opinions of internet strangers.

We're each other's that guy.

Gonna have to tell me who "they" are first, sport.

I'm the only /fit guy at my lgs. I sometimes get mocked for it. Like if we order a pizza my group always makes sure to chide me for eating with them. I know it's in jest, but man it's gone overboard before. So I've gotten into arguments about what my character can physically do. It's like, just because you can't so _____ doesn't mean that _____ I'm wanting my character to do is impossible, in fact I've done ____ before myself IRL.

Makes me come off as an asshole Chad type when they're plain wrong.

>Have you heard what they say about you?
no, do tell

>But are you truly That Guy?
yes

>Defend yourselves.
>Explain yourselves and justify your past shames, Veeky Forums.
why
also that would imply i'm gonna stop

Fuck off back to /pol/.

I once ERPed face to face.
I have no justification.

It was at least with another girl, right?

eat shit, senpai

Once upon a time, I animated a skeleton. Everyone immediately went nuts because of it, and I still stand by my statement that it made sense in character, especially given how I roleplayed the situation.
My cleric treated it not as defiling the body, but as summoning the vengeful spirit back into its mortal coil to try and get back at its murderers.

I paid you.

Unless I make a concerted effort to make the character different, every character I make ends up being the same snarky shitposter.

I get tired of said characters and switch them out, even if the DM has gone to some lengths to make them work in the setting, but I fall into the same god damned trap of them being the same god damned character with different mechanics.

The only time I can think of that someone ever had words with me is that one time I broke D&D 4e.

It's why I'm not allowed to play Defenders in our group anymore.

I know Veeky Forums hates it, but try playing a character based off something. It will give you the background you need to roleplay well. Even a premade if you need to.

There's four characters I've played then anyone really remembers, and that was only because I locked down specific qualities about their character and hyper-focused on them.

I once got caught in a situation where I ended up playing a sexually suggestive deviant character, a Slaaneshi member of the Society of Sensation.
The build wasn't very good in the situation and I quickly grew tired of the character and wanted out, not the least because of the uncomfortable personality.

The DM wouldn't let me. Wouldn't let me kill myself off, retire the character, suicide, nothing. I ended up having to play that thing for what must have been half a year, or at least felt like it. It was miserable. When I finally was able to make a new character, he kicked me from the group instead.

I don't miss it. It was just baffling that I was stuck in such a miserable situation like that, forced to be a "that guy" character. I should have just quit but I didn't want to be a bad player and just leave mid-campaign like that for the other players. Being that unhappy probably didn't add anything to the group though and it would have been better to just have ended it early myself. At least I was freed in the end.

I was led to believe it was an ERP game by another player, turns out he was just fucking with me, and nobody believed me.

Fuck that guy.

Keep it up, youll get there eventually.

Yes. I tossed the dwarf into the middle of a tavern whilst she was naked. However, given that the resulting confusion diffused the situation, as said dwarf was antagonising everyone, I believe it was one of the least worst things I could have done.

Make sure to get out the ball gag for your next BDSM daddy.

I like to believe everyone was as miserable as me.

I was a magical realm wizard GM with pregnancy based corruption affecting one of the player characters. It went on for a while before the players decided that they weren't enjoying the campaign anymore due to the fetish focus.

But in my defense:

These two players were both active in the hyperpreg art circle.

The PC affected by the transformation had two instances to prevent it from happening, one of the players even was cured to prove this.

The two players also invited a player who's character transformed into a hyperpregnant, egg-laying kaiju monstergirl.

I'll take my side of the blame for being a degenerate, but these two players just wouldn't talk to me as much as they should, especially when it came to the mechanics of the game. That campaign had finally ran out of players, but now I'm running a solo campaign for the person they invited in.

If you're all wondering, I was using Mutants and Masterminds 3e.

I'm the normie of the group (at least the closest to being one, I'm still on Veeky Forums after all) who wants to simplify and streamline a lot of processes, while the GM and most of the group likes doing crunches that waste our precious time each week.

>Chased away a girl who the DM was super into
>Knew the whore from work, I didn't like her at all, she stank of gold-digger and false nerd
>Started being super mysogynistic and confrontative with her till she flipped the table, called our DM a stream of insults that sounded like /v/ on speed and left forever
Three years later our DM has a non-gamer wife who actually likes him for himself and not for the ammount of money he can spend on amenities. Meanwhile the whore has accused two chads of rape and ripped them off on off-court agreements. She tried to fuck me over at work with accusations of sexual harassment but got laid off because our supervisor is my fucking godfather who knows I'm gay.

I'm that guy who complains about every person we play with on Veeky Forums after every game

He had no idea how to balance and should have stuck to the module. "Your sword starts glowing" is NOT a clear indication that an antimagic field has gone down when we have a couple of other dozen effects that would have flared to life as well. I'm glad you'll no longer DM for me. There is a difference between making challenging encounters and guaranteeing your win as DM.

I host a lot and often cook food for the group, since we play right around meal time. There is one guy in the group who is just absurdly picky, and after him complaining about everything I made for months I just go out of my way to make food I know he wont eat.

I have included catgirls guys too as a race into three settings i have been GMing already.

No, i have never played Pathfinder and have no intention to.

Holy shit that sounds terrible. Almost makes me glad I'm a recluse failure who doesn't socialize with other humans much.

Is he an actual legit autist by any chance? Apparently autism makes people super picky with food.

For a short period of time, I used to completely hijack every single Vampire the Requiem game we had with a specific DM
My character was basically Patrick Bateman turned vampire (aka sociopathic narcissistic billionaire murder machine) and most of the time, the other players were being limp wristed faggots, so I just dragged everyone along on my egotrip murder sprees, until the character got too powerful and was retired as an NPC
I have to confess I don't regret a single minute of it. It was the edgiest I could muster at all times, playing this callous maniac that treated cold blooded murders like cigarettes and yet, it was entertaining as hell.

I don't think so. He is just one of those people who has the palette of a 9 year old.

What kind of asshole steals a kid's art supplies?

When I DM, I fudge dice, frequently.

In my defense, my group has some kind of weird ADD. They LOVE switching systems. Often they want to keep the campaign, but move it to another system every 4-6 sessions. This is often impossible, and it means we've been doing a lot of little crap, but I don't have time to fully master a new game once every month or so. So I fudge the dice instead of meticulously plotting out encounters to be at the level of difficulty they "should" be.

I'm not sure if they caught on, if they do, I don't really give a shit.

That the ST didn't stop you means you were basically playing Masquerade.

>When I DM, I fudge dice, frequently.
Why is this a confession that you feel needs any justification? What madman somehow believes the dice always read?

Were you the guy that posted a dnd story in a "that guy" at the gym thread in Veeky Forums?

These some holier than thou dickhead who believes all rules must be played as stated, all rolls must be played as rolled, and all games are to be played with mechanical precision.

The only things I'd need to justify are the one time I got annoyed while playing with a, "lolsorandumb XD," style of DM who rewarded people being idiotic and who, when I told him that my character didn't want a blowjob from the tavern wench, basically said, "too bad, you get one anyway, because I said so," and the time I exploded on someone because he refused to learn the rules, wanted me to backseat DM for him, didn't want me to tell anyone that I was backseat DMing for him, and told everyone that I was lying and didn't know what I was talking about when I finally got tired of him not giving me enough information to go off of for rulings, and dropped into group chat to explain what was going on and find out what the actual situation was.

And to the both of them, despite them being different people, I give the same justification:

"Fuck that guy, he's a twat."

They say I am a pervert, because I only play female characters. Well, I like it. And it brings variety to the game.

They say I am a nerd, because I like roleplaying a little too much. Well, not everyone has fun searching the most efficient way of winning; I like the added handicap of playing a character.

They say I favor x player a little too much. Well, he is the only one that talks to me about what he wants to do with his character. For fucks sake, I am not asking you to harass me with ideas, but you could at least make a little backstory so I can make something that makes sense for your characters.

In defense of rolls being played as rolled.

Those monsters you make have a wives and kids to come home to, once you create an npc they are bound to fight for their life and they wouldn't fudge their own rolls.

Actually my players keep telling me that I'm the best GM they've ever played with ;)
no, I'm not the only one!

>minmaxers having the nerve to call anyone a nerd
wewww lad