Imagine a world where luck-injections are a thing

Imagine a world where luck-injections are a thing.

>party investigates higher prices of luck injections
>ends up hired by pharmaceutical company to "peacefully persuade" suppliers to cough up more luck juice
>find blood bank of leprechauns set up like Mad Max Fury Road

>My world... is bonuses and rerolls

Gambling at large would no longer be a thing, it would be almost entirely be done by the lower class.

can we agree that the lucky trait/feat is the most bullcrap thing ever implemented in any game ever

You mean red dwarf?

>It's entirely possible, and very likely, that someone will overdose on luck and die.
>Yet, there's not a single registered occurrence of it world wide.

>STR, END, INT, and all the other attributes are actual injections the doctor needs to prepare and costs you a good deal. The area must be sterilized, the equipment clean, and you need to sign a waiver
>Luck raising boosts are 1920's cure all tonics that make you rub it on your head for it to work and can be bought in shops at the same price as a health potion, but only works 1/25 of the time

Yet despite data suggesting it should only work 1/25th of the time, it works all the time.

You're not very lucky if you need an injection of it to do something.

What if it works like testosterone injections?

The injection themselves don't have any effect on an individuals luck, they just weed out the unlucky.

Well, duh. You have to have some luck to begin with.

I love this interpretation.

Or games of pure chance would be a sport. You could argue that contests that require artificial augmentation aren't sports, but you can only argue that they wouldn't be popular if you haven't watched any motor racing lately.

Speaking of vehicles, if it actually worked, then it'd be required in the same way that car insurance is required. Never get behind the wheel unlucky. Yet another reason to move to Scandinavia; any state-run healthcare would supply a basic level of luck to the entire population out of the simple pragmatic cost-effectiveness of the ultimate preventative medicine.

Also, if there's any sort of limited supply then a universally desirable commodity like Luck would be expensive, which means that wealthy nations would have yet another military advantage over poorer ones. If the resources required to generate luck can be found in specific places, expect conflict.

Expect a new kind of dictator as well. All tyrants of the modern world have a source of wealth that allows them to afford an army without cultivating a healthy and prosperous nation i.e. to be a tyrant without the World Police invading, and the guy with the Luck reserves would be familiar in that regard.

But if you inject luck, is it even luck anymore?

>See sign for increased luck and fortune
>Sounds good
>Head to the clinic
>Sign up for the big one
>Giant shot in the ass
>Turns out it was jungle aids
>Wandered in to the wrong clinic

Didn't that happen in Escaflowe?

Yes, except being a luck-enhanced soldier did bad things for your life expectancy.

Besides, gravity is where the real magic is.

God, I can't help it, but I have such a huge fucking phobia of needles. I always cringe whenever I see images of needles piercing flesh like that, especially in sensitive, vulnerable areas like the mouth.

>Wandered in to the wrong clinic

This keeps on happening

What happens when two people with luck injections fight each other?

They don't. Or it plays out in the most favorable way for both parties.

Are they called that because there's a high chance you don't get autism?

They make it so your autism stays hidden.

Funny, I was just about to say the same thing. Hmmm... having the sex virus is a good thing!

>They don't
That's a lame cop-out.

As for the second option, how can it work out favorably for two parties with conflicting interests?

Isn't that just a bluff injection then?

I imagine they would have to cancel one another out and turn the fight into a pure contest of skill.
If something lucky happened to one party, the other party would become unlucky. They would have to nullify one another outright or otherwise would create a series of cascading events that get more and more ridiculous as the fight goes on.

Obviously, the fight will be a series of cascading events that get more and more ridiculous as it goes on. And then the one who took more injections wins.

They luckily find an unforseen solution that satisfies both of their interests, or realize they're more willing to compromise than they originally thought.