You must pick a class, not limited to any genre, type or setting. What's the first that comes to mind, and why?

You must pick a class, not limited to any genre, type or setting. What's the first that comes to mind, and why?

>pic only semi-related

Spellblade.
>why?
Because it can do everything. You wanna use your sword? Go for it. You wanna use magic? You can. Fuck limitations.

I choose to play as an autistic meme-wizard.

Robot.

I like robots.

Spellslinger because guns are magic and magic is guns.

Wizard because I'm boring, but not boring enough to go martial.

Viking
Its a bit like a barbarian, but with minimal magic, mostly consisting of rune magic, enchanting, and breathing fire to scare people

why is the knight who is wearing cavalry armor (in this case a plate harness that doesn't cover the inside of the legs) have a great-sword (a weapon that is difficult if not impossible to wield from horse back)?

warrior-poet
IDK if it's actually a class in any game but it's my favourite and most often used trope

Hyperdrive 101 I guess. Seems like a pretty good way to become King of Humanity.

Ninzard. A ninja wizard. Why? Because I want to izuna drop people magically through all plains. The king; magically izuna dropped, The BBEG; magically izuna dropped, the fabric of reality; magically izuna dropped.

Because he's not on a horse, duh.

because no one cares about that except autists

it looks nice

Your post reminds me of doom penguin

Arcane Gunslinger, because I want to inscribe runic spells on my bullets, I want to shoot curses at someone, I want to pull countless flintlocks out of the air and mow down hordes with them. I like guns and I like magic.

Also that pic of the guy firing blue light out of a rifle is cool as fuck.

Warrior Poet (/Blade-Archetype Bard)

also how come no one besides the knight have a battle weapon like a bow pole-arm or shield? also the ranger's armor resembles boiled leather armor (which is a western armor style) and has a disc guard on their sword (almost exclusively Chinese/ Japanese).

Gunslinger.

And now that I read the thread, someone else already picked ARCANE gunslinger, which is infinitely cooler. I feel foolish.

Samurai. Always a samurai.

yeah but if he was intending to fight on horseback why would he be carrying a great-sword instead of a lance? If he was intending to fight on foot, why doesn't he have more armor at the front?

but nitpicking fantasy art gives me the warm and fuzzies

Warmancer
I cast Panzers.

Because adventurers don't fight in "battles", dumbass.

He's a bandit using whatever he can maybe to steal.

Spellslinger works the same as Arcane Gunslinger in 3.5finder and I mentioned it earlier.

Nomad.

Get those rad bonuses to traveling, loads of adventure, and a caravan of friends to come with. What's not to love?

Warrior, fighter, knight... whatever you want to call it.

A shield, sword and just fight in the thick of it.

Paladin.
Because I love paladins. Love the fluff, love what they are meant to be. And I always play them or the equivalent, and portray them as an idealized version of myself. And then I take steps in becoming that person. They helped me when therapy couldn't.

A monk so that I can be the best person I can be.

>spellblade
>gish

Why can't anyone come up with a good name for this archetype?

He dismounted to give his opponent an honourable duel.

Warped warrior or whatever it is. Just summon the right tools for the job and teleport ingredients around.

Maybe she bought that sword from an Eastern blacksmith that moved to the west.

Ah, I'm bad at choosing anything if I can't actively play around with the system to create the most silly and niche possible build that is still useable.
I took too long.
No I'm a commoner, with no levels.

Mystics.

There's somethign to be said for someone with a broad selection of seemingly weak skills that manages to use them in ways no one expects to turn the situation around, even if he isn't the main hero, or the best fighter, or the sorcerer supreme.

I have a thing for underdogs winning the war, if not the battles.

Alchemist.

Gish was the original name for the archetype, back in the late seventies, when the githyanki called their fighter magic user class 'gish'.

God

Because then I win

That doesn't answer my question.

Bounty Hunter.
I like playing as a rogue, engineer or cleric a lot and a bounty hunter can kind of be a mix of the three. Also helps that they appear in almost every setting too.

Escalation Mage.
Or some extremely anti-magical knight class.

Blue Mage, specifically the FFXI version.

Because it had the most options of any one class, it had a ton of depth, and you could do a lot of different things with it as opposed to most other class being pretty narrowly defined. Plus it was fun going out and learning spells by fighting things. It would make a cool Tabletop. Lass but would require the GM to do a lot of extra stuff for it to work well.

Spellblade is a good name.

Thrallherd.

Because whenever I'm asked to think of something like this I default to what I want to be.

fighter, warrior, knight, juggernaut, tank, wall.
whatever gives me the thickest and heaviest of armors.

because i think it looks really cool.

Samurai.

Fighters and Paladins are for gaijin who cannot withstand the Nippon steel folded 10 million times.

bard, because i like to pretend im a good performer.

I choose the skelevator.

Bard.

Tell stories, play music, cast magic and weave musical spells.
Charm the knickers off anyone.

It's a good life

Charismatic Nobleman/Rich Guy depending on the setting. Getting other people to do things for you is OP.

Summoner for me, because fighting is dangerous, and I'd rather have someone else do it.

Ranger
>Why
I don't know, I guess it's what I associate fantasy adventuring the most and that is what I associate p&p with the most.
If I had more time I would probably pick something else.

Please tell us more. I could do with the inspiration, after discovering that I missed Warhammer forever

Druid
Because i really want shapeshifting. And magic too. And not be squishy. Also to summon bears when people annoy me.

>"Ah the dreaded goblin _punch_"

Space Witch.

Gonna recreate myself as a sentient black hole help folks get out into space and exploring.

>(almost exclusively Chinese/ Japanese).

Exactly like you said, they're only almost exclusively chinese and japanese. He falls into the "almost" group that imported some weeb shit

Also what defines a battle weapon?

Everyone but the cleric and illusionist have some form of bladed weapon that can be used to kill someone, in battle.

Monk because fuck needing armor, I just want to sit in a room thinking about nothing and only stopping to light more incense, or beat someone to death, in which case nothing will keep me from giving you some astral knife-hands that kill you so hard your mother forgets she ever gave birth to you

Wizard, I just wanna cast some fucking crazy spells

Samurai. Cause I'm a weeb, and Idc what others think. It's my favorite class

>class based
Fuck you classes are garbage bullshit. I'll pick what I'm good at. Then you can slap some stupid "class" name to it.

Fighter, because you asked for the first thing that comes to mind, not what I'd actually pick given this option.

Battleship.

>Why?
It's a class of warship.

reminder that weeb doesn't mean "someone that likes or is interested in japan"

Warden.

I hate that the WoW TTRPG died, would have loved to have a go at it.

Honestly I just really like them all. I'll usually fill an open slot that nobody else wants to play, especially if I'm late to the game.

Artificer. Seems like a great way to make a good income in any setting

I'd actually be interested in seeing a mechanic that allows characters to change classes, perhaps like in some Final Fantasies, with 10-2 coming to mind with its dress spheres.

>Death Knight
Why? Wonderful blend of spells and sorcery. Ability to summon and control lesser undead too all while keeping your old intelligence and personality.

It's pretty ideal to me. Necromancy is hands down my favorite kind of magic as well.

this, honestly. I have preferences, but part of the joy of ttrpgs is trying all the different characters and classes

Sorcerer... pretty much all the benefits of a wizard, warlock, or divine caster without having to work for it through study or powerful beings.

Psionic.
Because you like tabletop games, don't you?

Wild mage. I know that it is in on the spectrum of "That Guy", but I really like to role play a dude that finds himself with a power he didn't ask and that he cannot control.
Also, it brings a couple of good laughs at the table if the DM is not a dick about it.

King

When I need to kick some's ass, I can send in the militia.
When I want to climb a mountain, I can order my people to build a staircase.
When I need to eat a meal, I can order disposable rando.45 to taste test everything for poison.
Chances are high, I'll be dying in a week, but before that I'mma abuse all the power.

...It's a playable class in FATAL.
No idea how it actually plays though, the only session I ran included a fletcher, a prostitute, and a... I can't remember what the Troll was.

Probably necromancer, because I have always loved commanding minions. Plus the arcane / necrotic might a necromancer possesses is quite formidable and I'm sure would be fun to have.

Synthesis Summoner, you are essentially a JoJo's stand user.

Red Mage I guess? Too much FF.

Chainsawman

It's a class now, as I will it to be

>you will never beat a man in full plate to death with your bare hands.
Why even live?

Techpriest.

A robot or cyborg doomguy.

>PALADIN, PALADIN, WHERE DO YOU ROAM?
>PALADIN, PALADIN, FAR, FAR FROM HOME

Sorcerer, because I like blasting things with magic while looking pretty.

Battlemage.

Tanker!

>Sea Raider
>Plate armor

Bard

wizard. magic stuff

Whatever lets me be like Rakan

this guy gets it

Warlock seems pretty solid as a casting class.

Even if it's some kind of non-combat ritual magic, it's usually potent.

This.

A psion, mostly for telekinesis powers. Who hasn't wanted to levitate something with their mind?

Rake because I like folk music and the typical rake has a personality similar to mine, or Druid because I quite like Nature

Whatever the intersection between support magic and rogue is
>Wind mage
>Enchanter / Illusionist
>"Status" Wizard
Just a scumbag who works exponentially well with others

This, also like the flexibility at the sacrifice of fewer spells.

The Spartans did it.

Swordmage is my go-to. Pretty much covers a lot of playstyles and looks cool to boot.