How difficult would it be to port pathfinder's weapon/armor list to 5th edition...

How difficult would it be to port pathfinder's weapon/armor list to 5th edition? I like 5e overall but I'd like there to be a little more variety in equipment.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5bq29-Xis&ved=0ahUKEwj4n4CL-fHSAhWM6oMKHbT1CBIQo7QBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNFYiWuvCeZI6FTxzFcJowpwdMyiWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless self bump

Bump for interest.

Why not just say that your zweihander is a claymore or a flamberge or any other big sword? Are you so autistic you need mechanical differences?

>but I'd like there to be a little more variety in equipment.
For what purpose?

Why is this a question on Veeky Forums of all places?
Why wouldn't you want more variety in your equipment?

Because it doesn't hurt anyhow to have broader caregories and it fact it makes things easier.
Need of having every little variation of weapon/armor with separate statblock is a telltale sign of autism.

Explain to me the statistical difference between a Light Pick and Light Hammer, apart from damage types.
What's the main difference between a zweihander, flamberge and claymore?

>Light Pick
+to mining
>Light Hammer
+to smithing

>zweihander
fucking cool
>flamberge
wavy
>claymore
faggy

Any more crunch you need help with?

The one thing I miss in terms of weapon variety was how each weapon used to have its own different crit range and multiplier. Now crit range is basically a fighter trait and the crit multiplier is always x2. It's overall simpler and more elegant, but I miss gimmicky crit weapons like scythes and daggers.

I made an urumi for my players that they found. Requires it to be specially trained (Requires feat to even be proficient)
1d10 finesse
If a creature with AC 15 or less attacks you with a melee weapon or a melee spell attack you can deal your stat mod (Dex or Strength) in damage to them.

There's more equipment out there already for 5e it's just in homebrewed trash.

If you did that with weapons in 5e you'd fuck the balance.

God damn the dire flial and gnome hooked hammer were stupid shit.

A flamberge isn't just wavy, its cuts are uneven and therefore harder to stitch up. A claymore is more durable but way heavier than a zweihander. Iff you're going to crunch, crunch harder.

Lower damage die, add situational benefit.

The two-bladed sword is even stupider than the double katana that plagued comics in the 90s.

IDouble club anyone?

Isn't that just a quarterstaff?

No
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5bq29-Xis&ved=0ahUKEwj4n4CL-fHSAhWM6oMKHbT1CBIQo7QBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNFYiWuvCeZI6FTxzFcJowpwdMyiWg

D&D, especially 5e isn't "granular" enough to have lots of tiny differences between gear. You could ad it, but you'd be better off just using another system altogether as it would basically kill the point of playing 5e.

I think the weapons in 5e have more detail than they should already.

>Implying the balance wasn't already fucked in 3.P
>Implying the balance wasn't already fucked in 5e
I mean, let's face it. You're basically arguing for purity of the village bicycle here.

Don't bother. 5ggots are the absolute worst. Any proposed modifications to tgeir precious perfect system will send them into an apoplectic rage. 5e has no problems, and no improvements or modifications can be made to it

I kind of liked how it worked in 4e where a crit was max damage and bonuses have you extra damage dice on top of that.