How might a man give expression to his masculinity with traditional games?

How might a man give expression to his masculinity with traditional games?

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By playing what he wants to play how he wants to play it not giving a fuck about what anyone thinks, as long as he's not fucking up someone else's fun.

This.

>as long as he's not fucking up someone else's fun

That's a significant qualifier.
A man cannot win unless his opponent rejoices in defeat?

If your requirement for "fun" is "always wins", you're not a man.

That's one sexy twink!

Have other hobbies. Every girlfriend I've had hasn't give a fuck that I paint miniatures and roll dice. I also work in cars (2jz gte swapped IS300 is my current project if anyone else here into that kind of stuff). I go shooting almost every weekend along with some amateur gunsmithing, and I stay in shape.

Every single one has asked about it, and I usually reply," oh it's a hobby of mine, like the car or the guns" and they usually shrug and say "cool". It's not a deal breaker for most women. If they're into you, then they're into you. Most are glad that you've got something that you're interested beyond hooking up and getting paid.

So relax and own the fact that it's one of your hobbies.

The same way that a man expresses his masculinity with anything: By mastering it and then devoting himself to its upkeep.

>Bodybuilding
Master his physical form and then continue to maintain the physique

>Automobiles
Learn the ins and outs of their function, obtain the best, and then clean, wax, and maintain it

>Alcohol
Develop a sophisticated palate, and maintain vigilance when drinking to avoid becoming intoxicated to the point of boorishness

>Golf
G(et) o(ut) l(adylike) f(aggot)

Post pictures of your minis sprawled over your gf. Make sure she's as good looking as that pic.

And how about expressing some of that repressed feminity of yours instead, OP ?

Alternatively,

How do you play assertively without being aggressive or passive?

What's the meaning of "being a man"? Because simply having a benis doesn't cut it.

>all dat "i-i-i-i-it's not like imma nerd, o-o-o-kay?" defensiveness

Thanks user, I needed the laugh.

As long as a man is at least 1.85 m tall he is fine. Shorter men will always look like boys and weirdos

And THAT is one of the toughest questions we dudes face in the 21st century. A penis doesn't cut it, but at the same time, a great deal of things that have been considered masculine in the past were really just some ideologies hiding behind a "no girlz allowd" sign.
Of course, there's the biological aspect, but aside from that we have to realize that the terms "feminine" and "masculine" are pretty hollow when we consider that, again, most of what we have ascribed to these terms are just ideas.

>What's the meaning of "being a man"?
If you have to ask that question, you won't understand the answer.

You must be swift as a coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Masculinity is toxic and should be destroyed.

This isn't Veeky Forums. (You)r manlet memes are powerless here.

Ye olde wisdom would say "to build a house, to plant a tree, to sire a son", how that holds in present day is up to debate.

You gonna have to unpack that argument, but you're not necessarily wrong.

Then again, that's like saying that 100% of crimes are committed by living people so preemptive euthanasia is the only way to prevent crime

Oh, wait...

Not the other dude, but I got to touch on this topic through Criminology and it's a different take than Sociology has.

Basically, men are risk takers and more likely to be involved in crime. That means risk taking behaviour, instigating, and risk prone, on the receiving end.

As for terrorism, I reckon terrorism is the reason for terrorist attacks, not masculinity. Men are more likely to take the risks and go fight, but there is no research I've seen that says men or women hold more extremist views or are more prone to radicalisation through whatever views. For every suicide bomber, we've got 10 rad fems writing about how men need to be reduced via population control and kept only for breeding so the species can advance.

>men need to be reduced via population control and kept only for breeding so the species can advance
I can agree with that. But so need women.
Nation-wide eugenics deserve a chance.

That was sarcasm, intended to spark anger at Feminism. Can't you tell?

Over the years I've come to see masculinity as two primary traits, and they can be well adapted to traditional games. Confidence, and stoicism. Those are the two I've always come back to.

Masculinity is confident. It's being self sure, and steady in your views and actions, and like anything if you take it to an extreme it can become dangerous as you reject new views in favour of your way or the highway. Be confident, pick the armies or classes you want to play, regardless of other people telling you they're underpowered, or overpowered, or whatever. Embrace them, don't water them down trying to please everyone, be the best whatever you want to be that you can be. If you lack confidence, fake it, pretend you're confident for long enough and you'll forget your bluffing and so will everyone else.

Stoicism is to be enduring, to put on a brave face and withstand. A stoic man doesn't break down in tears when forming the battle line, he cannot let down the squad and break morale. A stoic man doesn't let the family know he's worried about making rent next month, he keeps his head down and works hard to make sure that doesn't happen. A stoic man doesn't have a hissy fit when his opponent brings a flavour of the month OP list, or the DM throws an unbalanced monster at the group. He puts on a smile, he plays his best and shakes the opponents hand after. If you take stoicism to the extreme it becomes unhealthy, and results in men not reaching out for help when it's there and they need it, usually seen as death through stubbornness. Talk to your opponents, talk to your DM, so you can both have fun, but be prepared to take a few hits with a smile.

Jess Phillips triggers me, that she can get into office with those views leaves me with a knotted feeling in my stomach and worried my penis is gonna be removed for the 'social good' or some shit a couple decades from now

Buy a gun.

... shit. I'm sorry, user. I wasn't thinking.

Nah mate I'm in the colonies, the government decided we can't be armed in case we see what the yanks did and reckon "Oi yeah that's not a bad idea" and revolt

Feel the room. Know when to make a move or call an action, such that you aren't stepping on another's toes, but also keep the game moving.
Its like being the party face, but instead you're the game's face. You keep the ball moving, but don't interfere with another's fun by always being the one to make calls.

Its a tough line to walk, and one that would take significant social skills to pull off all the time.

That's why I apologized. Me, someone comes to my door with a pair of scissors, a hot iron, and a pamphlet on social justice, they're getting a magdump of whichever caliber is closest to hand. I suggested that option for you, but your government already robbed you of that power.

Its a bit ephemeral, and I imagine there are people who would disagree. But when I think of "being a man" I usually think of the kind of person who is self sufficient and confident, yet respectful, kind and able to enable others without diminishing himself. Mastery of a particular aspect of life, whatever that may be, is also mixed up in there.

Its a difficult question to answer.

Labour is so useless that'll never happen.

I've been trying to do this in a game I'm in on Roll20 and it's fucking hard. Nobody else wants to be the first guy to say or do something, but I don't want to be the guy that literally consumes the chatbox.

I don't play online much, but I know that without the normal queues you get when in person, reading what other people are doing is even harder. Its one thing to take a quick glance around the table and say "nobody seems to be about to give a plan, so I guess I'll say something" its another to be basically flat out guessing, since all the feedback is a blank chat box.

By being fair to his fellow players and putting their needs infront of his without compromising his own values

One thousand years from now, there'll be no guys and no girls, just wankers.
Sounds great to me.

Jerk off into a copy of GURPS.

Why do men have to become some kind of fucking wise selfless woo shuu master one with nature bullshit but women dont get told to "be a woman"

But they do. They're told to be "ladies".

I don't really know about that. Barring some pretty invasive rewrites to our base biology and challenging what it even means to be human in the first place anyway.
There are certain things or ideas that will always be more attractive to men, and others that will be more attractive to women, even in the absence of cultural pressures. The trick is to realize that those differences are okay, and neither one is inherently superior to the other. If anything they are complementary, and both better off for embracing those differences and working together.

What, like balancing books on your head and not speaking unless spoken to?

Fuck if I know I'm a dude nobody taught me how to be a pretty lady

:'(

Because what we consider masculine traits require a great deal of work to cultivate and master, whilst what we consider the biggest feminine trait, motherhood, they can do on accident whilst drunk after 4 second in the back of a pickup in highschool

>this guy can't balance books on his head

Because "being a man" requires meeting all the positive requirements, while "being a woman" spans from "being a histrionic pain in the ass" to "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen".

I have a head shaped like patrick stewart's, im not balancing shit on that nub

Women have a whole other group of things they are supposed to be.
The ideal of femininity revolves around being selfless in many aspects of life. Sacrificing her own well being for the good of a family, community or other group. Of being competent in the areas that men are not, so that she can take care of those things that they can't. Femininity also frequently involves being something of a diplomat, being wise with words and with others.

I can't really put it into the same short words I can put masculinity into, probably because I'm not a woman. But saying that women don't have an ideal to live up to is absurd. Modern society may be more lenient in its enforcement of these ideals, for both men and women, women slightly more so, but those ideals still exist and we all still have them hanging over our heads to look at and measure ourselves against.

Easy! Don't. Masculinity is a prison used to keep men buying bad cologne and cargo shorts.

"Motherhood" as you're attempting to define it, is a hell of a lot more than squirting out a crib-midget. Nurturing in general is primarily seen as a feminine trait.

Lemmy was a treasure.

It's a line from Trainspotting lad. The context is the narrator (Ewan McGregor)'s psycho mate pulls a transwoman and freaks out when he feels her dick.

On a more serious level, I don't really get why you wouldn't go after someone you're attracted to just because of what they're packing. I mean I get we all have preferences, but it's just a bit alien.
I am a degenerate bisexual, so there's that one

>On a more serious level, I don't really get why you wouldn't go after someone you're attracted to just because of what they're packing.
There's really no way to answer that without being called a sexist/transphobic/racist/etc, but suffice it to say that it's like biting into an apple and getting a mouthful of durian.

>I am a degenerate bisexual, so there's that one
But are you a grill?

It is, but the numbers do show that the ones who take the risks are men. So, you know, you can take that argument into any number of possible roads that will cause banning, but such is life on the 'chans.

I'd be more concerned if it was a noseful of durian. The taste is supposedly kinda like custard; the smell is the reason it's refused entry to certain locations.

Be confident.
Be driven.
Be epic.

My own father handed me this. It's a good start.

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473

Speak with measure and meaning,
Act with virtue and diligence,
Think with clarity and conscience,
Live with honor and feeling.

Real men what their opponents defeated, but strong and motivated enough to continue competing.

>There's really no way to answer that without being called a sexist/transphobic/racist/etc

Lad, as a member of the reasonable left, I'm not going to judge you for having preferences, so long as you aren't a dick about it

>gf tries to bully me cause I'm super hype for new MonHun game
>Tell her if I had to get my hunting fix from the real world America would have no megafauna left
>She suddenly realizes the mounted deer in the living room is not an ironic souvenir.
Since then I've taught her how to shoot and fish.

You take a woman and add reason and accountability.

>>that she can get into office with those views
The most competent person in Corbyn's bunch is Diane fucking Abbott

>Be 7'2"
>Be bullied behind your back for being a freak
>Not you your face tho, your fists are the size of "not-manlets" heads after all.

Why are 6-somethings so insecure?

Dan Jarvis as Labour Leader when?

since it seems like you didn't do anything back to them , the reason they may have actually bullied you was because you're a faggot

Because men are vital, while women are useless if not actively detrimental to society.

And yet, a tutor used to be considered more important to a man's development than his mother until certain psychologist started talking about his own issues with his mother and how his genitals felt when he tought about her.

Not sure, but there is one thing I know:

You have a posse, Andre.

It's almost as if the perception of these sorts of things, like, evolve over time or some shit.

Why would I punch someone for having stupid opinions?
I'm not a robot or SJW.

>Andre the Giant was just 2" taller than me
>But 180lb heavier
How the fuck?

The man was fucking made of muscle. He was a brick shithouse, user.

I was looking for this

Well, by playing a shota trap bard, of course!

His hands were also 10x the size of your little ham hangers.

What Tibetan puppet show is THAT from?

This.

WAACfags aren't manly, unless there's something important on the line it is better to lose a fair and entertaining fight than it is to win via curbstomp.

No, pride and reputation are not important. Those are things little boys use to look larger than they are.

learn Advanced Squad Leader

that will make a man of you

If you are indeed a manly man your manliness will flow naturally into your character if you so choose. If you're asking what are the manliest classes in tabletop games, the answer is always paladin. For good examples of manly characters, George Washington and Andrew Jackson from the "Fuck Your Tea" trilogy, Jesus from the "Stop sinning faggot" series, and Travis Touchdown.

>Labour

Lol retard

Underrated post

I do it by puffing myself up, ripping off my opponent's genitals and throwing my shit at everyone else.

Might I suggest getting a copy of "the way of men"

tg never change!

This is how I view it, come to think of it. I've never articulated my thoughts on it as you have, though.