sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/...
The official DnD twitter tweeted out this website: planescape.com, which has an exciting countdown on it. How are you preparing for PlaneScape: Disappointment?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.me/5eg
dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/charactersheets
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4th Edition is pretty fun, and I encourage DMs and players alike to read it for some tips on how to spice up the otherwise dull periods all too common with 5e gameplay.

copying from old thread
I like that, that's really thematic. Maybe put charges on it (6) and at dawn roll a 1d20, if it's below a 10 gain back one charge?
I like the concept, maybe a gauntlet that acts as a +1 weapon/spellcasting focus for the purposes of unarmed attacks, inflict wounds, vampiric touch and chill touch?

It's going to be Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition. Unless it ties in with the next book and all the hints and shit about the next two books are wrong, it's not going to change anything for 5e.

Also
>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.me/5eg

I don't care about planescape enhanced edition, I care about the user scanning TftYP. He's a cool guy and I hope he has a good day.

Planescape: SJW edition would be an incredible disappointment. You're therefore most likely correct.

I wouldn't bother with charges, the effects are in line with cantrips or ritual spells.

Oh boy, I can't wait for ANOTHER old classic DnD game to be ruined by bad developers taking inspiration from current era Bioware by going back and retroactively shoehorning in bad characters, nonsensical plotlines and out-of-character actions under the banner of whatever happens to be relevant on Twitter at the moment to deflect any criticism of the game!

itstimetostopposting.jpg
heresyourreply.png
bait.tiff

So this is the rumor list I'm rolling when the characters ask for rumours about goblins, 1~5 are true, 6 to 10 are false.

> 1 - The Goblins are pillaging small villages near Western City.
> 2 - The Goblins are stocking food.
> 3 - The Goblins invaded a old fort and are restauring it now.
> 4 - The Goblins fear something.
> 5 - People saw Goblins flying in Baloons.
> 6 - The Goblins have a Dragon as slave.
> 7 - People are disappearing in a forest.
> 8 - The King of the Goblins mounts a Cerberus.
> 9 - Goblins are using blood magic.
> 10 - Goblins allied with the Orcs.

So I need ideas for this adventure. What I know is that the Goblins are fleeing their lands and are desperate with something, they start restoring some fort because they feel safer there and they want to stay there for a while since they are stockpilling food.

What could be this menace to the Goblins? What could you guys suggest to this adventure?

I'm not the one that put Planescape in the OP, user.

Kill yourself.

To be fair, it's quite possible the Nameless One was a woman. It's hard to tell under all that scar tissue.

Rick's a piece of shit.

>What could be this menace to the Goblins? What could you guys suggest to this adventure?
> 6 - The Goblins have a Dragon as slave.

Have the false rumors be half wrong, they aren't keeping a dragon as a slave, a dragon has run them out, or the orcs are using blood magic, by collecting and sacrificing goblins and using their blood to turn them into demonic zombie thralls, etc.

Got a question for a fellow player in my campaign.

He rolled a nat 1 when using a throwing bomb. Is that a miss, or would he blow himself up? I know we're kinda mixed on crit failures here, but i'd like to know what you think.

I've made a mistake, of including hags in a situation they don't really make sense, though the players have asked them for help without knowing (IC anyway) that they are hags,

The players are leading a rebellion, and one of them encountered 3 women in a hut while hiding out in the forest. Having revealed at least some basic magic abilities, the player asked for help in their cause, which they agreed to do but for a to-be-agreed on price.

What would hags want in such a situation? What would they do to help the players should they give what they want? Should I just mess with player expectations and just have them act like hags in disguise but actually be telling the truth and just be a group of women who live in the forest? I'm a new ass DM and I'm unsure.

I hope he has a good day

if you make 6-10 partial truths, like they have a slave kobold or a pseudodragon who just hangs out and lets them pretend that they've captured it in exchange for free food. The cerberus is really just two felt dog heads sewn on to the harness of a worg, the goblins are using "blood magic" but it's really just them trying to be tricky, the orc is really just one stupid dude named Grodd that made friends with them

Fumbles do not exist in 5e. Stop using them.

technically, it's just a miss. Nat 1's, by the book, are auto failures (for attacks and saving throws), but they are NOT "critical failures"

Saving throws are not automatically failures on nat 1s. That is a 3.5e rule only.

Sup Veeky Forums,
I'm the DM for my group and we are doing Out of the Abyss. My party of evil lunatics decided that running from the Drow is for goblins, so they're ambushing them.
At level 3.

Any ideas on how to make that a feasible but hard encounter without cheesing it? I'm giving some leeway for their creativity - the Sorceress is quite fond of Lolth and living, sapient sacrifices - but it's still quite the stretch. Help, please?

SCAN user
I PETITION THEE
HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU

And yet he made all the 5etools on 5egmegaanon.github.io, because guess what he's the Megaanon.

I'm on page 97, taking a break to eat dinner. It's still gonna be a while.

Technically just a miss, but if your group enjoys critical fumbles, there's nothing wrong with using them. You'll just get some autistic fun police on tg complaining about a group they aren't in if you admit to doing it later.

My group rolls for stats and enjoys it.

Thanks man. Keep being awesome

Sure, but Rick's still a piece of shit.

I liked the Orc part, would be fun.

Cool ideas.

But what would they be affraid of?

Stop injecting your personal drama into an anonymous message board.

can confirm
plays a tabaxi

Who are you again? C0re? jeb? maybe Homu?

pretty sure it's just shitposting my man

...huh, looks like you're right. But in my defense, good luck ever making a save with a natural 1.

97 out of how many? Not impatient, just curious.

248. After they're scanned they need to be rotated, cropped, OCRed, and optimized.

If you could make the save on a natural 1, then you shouldn't really roll after all.

OFFICIAL /5e/ DISCORD SERVER POWER RANKINGS

Best Boy Tier: Homu
Who-gives-a-fuck Tier: Everyone else but Rick and Lyn
Piece-of-shit Tier: Rick
Why-are-you-still-allowed-in-the-server Tier: Lyn Doodle

Gotta love when the discord bleeds out of containment.

Since he owns it, he probably thinks its pretty good.
hello homu.

And people are wondering why discord link is no longer in the OP.

who homu here

you forgot to add c0re to "Autistic Homebrew Pusher Tier"

It's because you're an autistic asshole, it's just good-natured ribbing of the 5egmegaanon, chill the fuck out.

If you like your identities and discord so much, fuck off to reddit. They like that shit there. This is an anonymous message board.

Your kind are the reason we don't put that autistic shit in the OP. Keep your bullshit in the containment Discord like you're supposed to.

This. When in Rome, do like romans do.

Care to share some examples? This isn't the first time I've heard that suggestion.

The Skill Challenges or whatever they were called seemed kind of cool. And giving minion-type enemies 1hp each during big boss fights (if level-appropriate) seems like a great way to cut down on bookkeeping and keep the focus on the boss.

Thanks to a kind user, Beyond Damage Dice is now in the Mega under Third Party -> Kobold Press.

Ignore Jeb posts, report Jeb posters.

>Rolling for stats
GET OUT

>Critical fumbles
If you're sensible, they're good.

Fourthing this, have no objection to the discord existing, but all the personal interplay should stay there. When the inevitable drama happens, let it be contained to those dark discordant spaces yeah?

user on the other thread looked into the site's code and found PSTEE, so it's just another Infinity Engine remaster.

And we're all anonymous. It's just mild shitposting, if you ignored it, there wouldn't be an issue.
Your kind are the reason that all the good tripfags and drawfags and writefags have left the board, you can't deal with anyone having an identity so you drive out those who actually contribute.
I do, notice I don't have a tripcode, in fact, I'm not even on the discord.

>Tales of the Yawning Portal getting scanned ahead of schedule
>Planescape countdown
>Unearthed Arcana coming up soon

LADS

The inevitable drama happened already. The catalyst is this guy who pretends to be some cutesy, ditzy girl named Lyn Doodle.
Everything wrong with the server can stem back to him.

A fair compromise would be "if you think a non-anonymous group chat within an anonymous group chat is a good idea, remove yourself from the board."

>all the good tripfags
None? You mean none, right?

If you're so upset, fucking leave with your "Good tripfags."

Stop feeding them (you)s while playing the blame game.

RIGGGGGGHTTT?!
Feels good

Yeah, skill challenges are great, but misunderstood. They're just a framework for making a non combat encounter (or even a combat encounter with some finagling) more interesting than "I roll persuade, get a 16, is that high enough DM?", or "I roll to attack, get a 16, is that high enough DM?" I use them extensively in my 5e games and it makes it more fun for me and my players.

Another good idea is looking at the abilities defined in the classes for inspiration on custom effects for magic items or monsters.

Finally, I like porting over a tag based system to 5e, which helps me fairly resolve confusing niche effects.

Hold no punches, have the Drow scout ahead using beasts, like trained spiders. Just keep the foes coming, and each wave is tougher than the last.

Start with an easy xp encounter, but make it clear that more stuff is on the way. Then a medium, then a hard, then a deadly. If they survive, they deserve it. If they flee, they are smart. If they die, so be it.

>Planescape countdown
user, I have bad news for you. It will just be Planescape: Enhanced Edition.
Remember the previous time they did the enhanced edition? It was great! Can't wait to see more!

Drama is inevitable even with anonymity
I'm not upset, just been here long enough to know why some of the best contributers on this board left, and people like you are the reason why.
I will, now.

Tales of Yawning Portal got scanned ahead of schedule?

Was it in another thread today, or just on the way?

That was entirely new content and isn't that a fucking elf anyway?

Oh joy, I see we're in the full blown cancer stage of a general with a discord. If you've ever seen a Veeky Forums thread for an MMO, you know what's going on.

Going forward, filter the names they drop so you aren't tempted to feed the (you)s and encourage their shitty behavior.

>Yeah, skill challenges are great, but misunderstood.
What are skill challenges? I've heard them mentioned a bunch but never really explained in depth.

Any tips for a first time DM who's thinking about prepping and doing a one-off session in relatively short notice, who's played a few times? What are some common pitfalls?

>Tripfags and drawfags and writefags
Aren't we just here to discuss 5e? I'm not sure any of those three are necessary for the lifecycle of this general, compared to something like a vg or co general.

Ok, serious talk.
Why the bitching?
All I've seen is this img and I've been told you don't actually need to speak to that character.
What else are you bitching about?

>Drama is inevitable even with anonymity
please explain how many grudges you hold with anonymous posters. can't wait to mock you

The piece of shit owner of the 5eg server is scanning it.

how do i build accelerator with Mystic

so far im doing his vector reversal field with inertial armor

talents are light step, mind slam, and mystic hand for general vector manipulation of things

>building an anime character in dnd

Basically when something makes a skill challenge its you make a check, they make a check, whoever gets higher succeeds. IE pulling someone off something, they make acrobatics, you make athletics. You win, you yank em down, they win they dodge and stay up

Back on track,

dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/charactersheets

Will it be good? Is it pointless in this day and age? Can it be anywhere near as bad as the 4E character sheets they sold?

Some people bitched about the patches not being complete or fast enough, or they didn't like how they up-rezzed or they thought the uprez job was sloppy. Others didn't like the price point.

People buy character sheets? Why would you ever do that?

Here's your (you).
Tangentially, they are related many people got character art from them, and I'm sure people used writefags to rate and edit their character backstories.
I don't hold grudges with anonymous, I am anonymous. Drama, doesn't require a grudge, as you're proving, right now.

So, they're literally just skill contests?

That really doesn't sound much more interesting than there being two people rolling and the fact that modifiers matter even less then because it's even more swingy.

In any case there shouldn't be any scripted 'here, you must roll X in this skill to proceed', but instead it should simply be a puzzle or something that requires players to think and if they say 'Okay, I want to try climbing' they can attempt a climb roll, or they can attempt a roll to do this or that, or they can do something that doesn't even need a roll.

I care about both, I love planescape: torment and if its a better resolution enhanced edition like their previous work and NOT like dragonspear or whatever it was Ill surely pick it up.

But Yawning portal user would get a handy from me, hes tops blooby.

>buying character sheets
>buying character sheets for 10 USD

y tho

a sheet of paper and a pencil would be 20c

>Buying character sheets
Uh... Okay, I guess. If you're this lazy.

this isn't drama, this is me actively trying to figure out why you haven't fucked off to reddit for your reputation, upvotes and post karma

> what is a printer

Because the EE was basically a worse version of the original game. It looked worse on a good chunk of PCs, loaded worse, had lots of original content that was of a far worse quality than the original, and just to add some toppings, had politically controversial content to boot.

Ignore , he's incorrect and probably not understanding the context of your post.

A skill challenge is a multiple skill check encounter. The players are never supposed to know they are in a skill challenge. The way it works is this: You set some goal the players have to meet (typically a number of successes), before they fail a number of times. You then present them with a problem:

You're traveling through the jungle, when your guide collapses.

The players come up with some solution. They might make a medecine check in this situation. Roll the dice. On a failure or success, mark that down in your notes.

Regardless, present them with a new problem, that makes sense in the context of how the last problem was resolved or not resolved. For example, if the players were successful on their medecine check, they might know that the guide was bitten by a poisonous bug, and they need to find the antidote. If they failed, maybe the guide starts siezing up and foaming at the mouth.

They try to solve whatever you come up with.

Repeat until the players have either met the failure or success condition of the challenge. Come up with some nifty consequences or rewards.

I work this framework into everything these days: social encounters, stealth missions, I've even subbed out combat when appropriate for it. It's pretty good, and it does things more interesting than just rolling a single dice.

Also, you should generall pick the scenarios such that a wide variety of skills are possible to solve them, so your party members can get a roughly equal amount of time playing in them.

It's gonna be shit.

That wasn't an "Enhanced Edition" thing, that was an expansion pack. The original campaign's not modified.
If you're going to bother feigning outrage the least you can do is understand what it is you're actually griping about.

You're thinking of contests, is talking about 4E skill challenges.

There's a bit more to it, but basically you have to roll X successes before Y failures. What skill you use depends on what the character is doing. e.g. if a boat is pushing through some rapids, one character might make a Survival check to find the safest course, another might make a Strength check to hold the rudder, another might make an Intimidation check to keep the crew working.

Most of the time this sort of thing develops naturally through how ability checks work (especially in 5E), but sometimes it's nice to have a mechanical risk/reward system as long as you make the players aware of it. Your Arcana skill isn't going to do shit in these rapids.

Because as much as this board and website is in decline, content wise, it's infinitely better than reddit has ever been, I've looked at some of the what do you call them? subreddits? and for every single fucking post that contributes you get thirty that are banned and 400 that are absolutely useless, here it's like a 1 to 1 ratio maybe at worst 1 to 5, on a bad day when /pol/ gets out.

You continue to do god's work user. you're official This Guy and I'd gladly game with you.

Still seeking Volo's Guide digital maps

So, out of curiosity, were you on the side of the discord cucked by the tranny, or on the side of the discord white knighting the tranny becayse they're totally cool with fucking a girl (male)?

you can get a variety of PDFs for char sheets from their site for free....

I might understand if it was for game shops and it came bulk to save on printer ink or something but its just like what? 4 sheets?

how dumb does WOTC think people are?

Man every one knows the real bottom tier is Cammy. Doesn't stop blogging about their personal life and being fucking tumblr incarnate.

Biggest draw will probably be the folder that contains them. If you can get it alongside something else with shipping, $10 probably ain't bad.

>Something some intern probably threw together on break
As long as, like, 3 dumb assholes waste money on it it'll be a profit.

But there is already a character sheet folder, its Rage of Demons themed

And of course you could always buy a simple plastic sheet folder for 30c

I'm doing a one off, any fun gimmick campaign ideas? I plan to make the characters all lvl 10 or so.