My gaming group has dissolved overnight without a word from any of them

>my gaming group has dissolved overnight without a word from any of them
>no one wants to tell me what happened and the dm won't answer my texts

what the fuck do I do now

Are you sure it's dissolved as in stopped talking with each other and not just that everyone stopped talking with you?

How did you find out it happened? I need specifics OP.

>what the fuck do I do now

Wait about five posts before you get on your phone and pretend to be the GM who dishes out the "real story"

Either that or they really did kick you out of the group in the most pussytastic way possible

Either there was some drama you missed (do people from the group ever hang out outside of game?) or they kicked you out but aren't willing to admit it.

Is there anything you do that they don't particularly like? Have they ever ignored you or anything like that?

If you were anything like the last guy, you didn't mesh well with the group and they cut you out.

>no one wants to tell me what happened and the dm won't answer my texts

Probably because they all dissolved.

I'd suggest looking for a scroll of wish to revive them.

we play online
its been a week since our last game (which wasn't bad or anything quit-worthy in particular) but half of them have not returned to our usual chatroom and the other half is almost acting like we weren't even playing a game to begin with, and like i said the dm won't answer me on skype or steam even though i can see hes online

if i did something to cause this or there is another reason, i have completely missed it

>we play online

They sound like a bunch of children.

I kicked a player out of a game for being a pervert in this way once. We just blanked him and pretended the game was over, but carried it on after a week at my uncle's house.

>naval campaign in FR
>meet some mermaids
>That Guy asks what they smell like
>there's a weird catch in his voice when he gets to the word 'smell'
>everyone sort of stares at him
>eventually I respond with "well... they smell fishy"
>sharp intake of breath from That Guy
>asks me to confirm it and to elaborate on what kind of fish
>his legs are jiggling under the table
>everyone totally uncomfortable by now
>I say "Look, fish okay. Just fish, because they're half fish"
>That Guy nods and pretends to study his character sheet, but his eyes are like fucking saucers
>doesn't bring it up again but he is super interested in the mermaids
>we put up with this but after the game have a discussion and decide he should leave
>pretend the game has dissolved
>we don't really get our shit together so our stories are vague and sometimes contradictory
>still works well enough and the game continued successfully

>we play online
Oh. Don't worry then, this is perfectly normal.

Honestly it does sound like you're the problem. Isn't there any way you can push for answers? I mean, if you're going to lose them anyway then being pushy doesn't matter.

finding a group in real life is a pain in the ass and the last time i tried i ended up playing with a group that included 3 sjw manchildren who got extremely whiny about everything

one of which was in an 'open relationship' with a single mother who was 10 years older than him

This
If I was in fucking Antarctica I'd organize a RPG with the researchers and maintenance staff
If I was in the Congo I would introduce the RPG to their culture
If I was in prison I'd start a game in the library

It's ok to play online in between IRL games but it is NOT ok to be sad when it doesn't work out

i dont want to push it cause i dont want to come off as a clingy asshat, but at the same time i want to know what happened cause i really enjoyed the game and if i'm the problem i'll accept it

It sounds like you're probably the problem. Yes, SJWs are annoying, but it's been my experience that most people are able to keep them from constantly going off by just not pushing their buttons. The fact that you apparently weren't implies that you may be lacking in social skills, and most people are kind of off put by that.

The problem with doing this is that they're 99% likely to just keep doing the same thing. If you tell them why you're kicking them out you improve their chance of reforming past that 1% and possibly improve things for the next game they join.

>but it is NOT ok to be sad when it doesn't work out

You sound like a total douchebag and I doubt you have a group at all

>start game in prison library
>get raped or stabbed for being a bitch

Assume you ruined everything

Prison library programs have been a joke for over a decade due to budget cuts it is exceedingly unlikely you'll do jack shit in one

Not him, but try dealing with the ideological mouthpieces offline.
Get two in a room together and it's an instant echo chamber between the two. No "button pushing" required.

The interesting thing about SJWs IRL is they seem like completely normal, decent people as individuals, but then when you get multiple of them in the same room together my god it's horrifying.

we ghosted a guy recently

>invite new guy to game
>seems cool
>add him on facebook
>guy aggessively broadcasts SJW propaganda
>we can get over him having different (wrong) ideological views for the sake of gaming
>months later he is invited again
>he brings friend

these guys are bragging to each other about banging out bitches with serious life problems - "pump n dump" type comments

>FB feed still full of this dude's righteous virtue signalling

thought we were the misogynists but turns out all of us regulars were pretty grossed out by this bravado about "tagging" some addict who just lost her kids to CPS hurr hurr

>elegan/tg/entlemen cannot abide a cad

>online gaming

flaky business that

you got to do it with established online friends you met outside of RPGs. if you get a group together of strangers who are first meeting just to play i can't see that working out

>there are people too scared to go "we dont like you, gtfo" even online

fucking hell

dude holy shit

There's a difference between understanding women are inferior and violating your noblesse oblige as a man to not exploit them. That is what male privilege actually is - to know and be able to be superior, but not to actually do it.

Glad to hear that at least some of this PC/SJW/SNAG bullshit is about getting laid, as I've always thought.
Perhaps there are some who really think they can make the world a better place, but I bet they're few and far between.

seems to reel in some rank braods

but that is none of my business

What did you do?

It's the virtue signaling instinct in action. In a room full of normal people it's not hard for them to feel like the most moral exemplar in the room, so they only have to do a little. Once two people are vying for it a bidding war breaks out.

Not him but listen mate, it's not ok to feel sad when an online group falls apart because you can always just find another group to pal around with.

It's like being sad because you joined a random public server on WoW and that one guy that you bonded with never logged on again. Move on.

It's actually pretty popular in prisons, once you think about it I'm sure you can understand why.

Did you sell dragon dildos

>It's actually pretty popular in prisons

read this as

>I'm actully pretty popular in prisons

sell? or attempt to sell?

give us a rundown, we'll tell you if you come off as THAT GUY

Maybe you were a That Guy and didn't realize it. If you give out info on how you acted in game compared to the campaign, the DM, and the players, it might give us and you insight

>yfw you discover that reason your group disappeared on you is that they learned you have a romantic abnormality so unbelievable that it must be hidden from the public at all costs!

>It's ok to play online in between IRL games but it is NOT ok to be sad when it doesn't work out
Meh
You can be sad, but you can't be surprised.

He was molested by a fish. Be a little more understanding, user.

LoL
I once had a group running where one of the players was insanely into the game. INSANELY. We'd meet for our rounds at the table, sometimes we'd run the rounds via Teamspeak, and sometimes I'd run 1on1 or 1on2 sessions with some of the players.

It was a crazy swirl of activity with that campaign and that group, basically every other day we'd get together somehow in some combination and everyone (foremost me, as the storyteller) was hyped to continue the story.

And then from one day to the next, abovementioned guy who was insanely into the game, quit the game and cut off al contact to me. Out of the blue. Ceased talking to me - at all!

A half year goes by, and eventually he hangs around again (me having always invited him, never burning bridges). We get along fine, he joins for a session or two, but never for any committed longer period of time.

Eventually, two years go by, and I ask him, why this happened and what changed.

Turns out he was a closet homo and had fallen madly in love with me and the games I ran, and he couldn't deal with it, knowing I'm no homo myself.

Crazy shit.

Sometimes stuff like that just happens, and you as the party left out in the rain don't know why or how. Eventually maybe they'll tell you, but possibly never.

Just move on and find a new group desu senpai

>He was molested by a fish.
Thing is, I'm not sure it was entirely the fish's fault.
I may have deserved it.
In fact, I may have instigated it. Actually, user, I seduced him.
I don't know why I wanted him, but I wanted him. There was no actual penet-
You know what?
Nevermind.

>Group dissolves
>No one talks to me about it
>DM not answering texts

Dude, if no one is talking to you about it it's probably because you're the problem.

That's bullshit but I believe it.

>/tumblr games/ instantly assumes OP is the problem

>ignoring all the posts asking for more info
And your alternative theory is...?

Does it count as attempted escape if you're escaping into a fantasy world?

he doesn't have one

please don't feed the trolls

Tell them to stop being murder hobos

Kidnap them and force an intevention

M'bait

Hate when that happens, I had a really fun pathfinder game once. We never even got to do any combat it was just fun roleplay within the party.
I had a cool Bayou Cowboy who knew this other player's character was a revenant but wasn't sure if he should kill him since he'd leave his daughter alone. It was loads of fun but the DM up and vanished and nobody could get a hold of them.
I've shifted away from playing with Veeky Forums to mostly just playing with video game friends but if people in gamefinder threads kept in touch and wouldn't kick people at the slightest hint of conflict then you'd all be some fun people to play with.

hello its' me again. probably too late for a reply but whatever

i don't remember doing anything badguyish. i don't disrupt games, i don't complain about other peoples' characters and actions (even though i sometimes find them annoying) and i don't start conflicts or get the party into trouble. i even avoid the 'its' what my character would have done' thing as well and i stay away from politics outside of the game. if its' my fault, i honestly cannot think of a single reason for it to be

>it's me again
>new ip shows up

>what is dynamic ip

Awww, cute fanfiction about yourself!

It will never be true.

>what is editing html live

I can do it too

what do i gain from lying about it user?

No reason, sorry for giving you shit, I just like to have a healthy doubt about things I read on the internets, especially 4chins.

>Does it count as attempted escape if you're escaping into a fantasy world?

This made me think about this situation.
If in the matrix setting you were at a prison (at real life) and it had a matrix computer there, would you be allowed to use this computer and go to matrix?

Prisons are supposed to be places no one wants to go to. If you can just plug into VR simulation of real life, they won't work.

Aren't the isocubes from judge dread kind of like that though?

I always thought they were "torture spaces". That is, VR spaces specifically designed to inflict as much suffering as possible without actually damaging the body.

Naw, Isocubes are just single room apartments without much entertainment. The punishment is that they're entirely solitary except for the robots bringing you shit.

Why would the hall of justice torture people and then release them back into the public?

To deter people from commiting crimes. Y'know, so they know they will get fucking tortured.

You don't understand. Isolation is a form of torture, but the hall of justice doesn't isolate people to torture them. They isolate people to remove their negative impact from society.

That's why the punishment for violent crimes is death. Not because they "deserve" to die, though they do, but because death removes them from society.

You're scum and a coward, fwiw

You and the other players seem quite uninteresting for a game of make believe if the guy having a thing for mermaids/fish smell is enough to make you kick him out of the table. Also, you weren't even decent enough to be honest. That's quite shitty.

As someone who's spent a lot of time hanging out in SJ communities before getting the hell out, let me just say.
The way discourse and interaction happens, it's incredibly easy for a charismatic asshole like this guy to manipulate gullible people (specifically the vulnerable, mentally ill kind) into doing his bidding.
Similar sociopaths learn to exploit the language to make the people they don't like into acceptable targets, all the while starting a sort of personality cult around their righteousness. Shit's disturbing.

You're a retard who has behavior issues, fwiw

>That level of projection.

At least you managed to drum up the courage to say something this time, champ :^)

Told you.

Not that guy but,
Going "Mermaids? Nice, are they hot?" would be alright, maybe even funny.
That guy is clearly a creepy fucker.

>Sarcasm is apparently a behaviour issue

:)

It is ok to be sad when something online doesn't work out, just not very sad. A friend or a gaming group or whatever disappearing is an unfortunate event, and therefore is worth being sad over, but don't spend too long on it.

The removal from society is a priority, but it will end someday. And when that happens, you need to ensure the criminal doesn't do bad shit again.

Which is why there are Judges on patrol constantly, putting people in the Isocubes