Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you make the comfiest of comfy adventures in Pathfinder? Maybe with a little lewd on the side?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek
captiongenerator.com/424272/pfg-contemplates-its-future
youtube.com/watch?v=jynTNYSKNuk
docs.google.com/document/d/1IV6dw9jNfzEK_5Ps2kvzUqiMCqNKKtBEKVra-LVcHL8/edit
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QDGzriiUspaVpldEx2TUN6Y0U/view?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/10yLIsMysbXjhy2LlcaVmbn1IKf5LK7Bg_Dx0S02Xzh0/edit#heading=h.jmx227112ol3
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/#TOC-Versatile-Performance-Ex-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

comfy is just a front for Vilderavns

I realized recently that I'm okay with lewd but I actually don't like comfy at all.

By DANCING

youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek

Since no one else is adding this to the new thread-
captiongenerator.com/424272/pfg-contemplates-its-future

youtube.com/watch?v=jynTNYSKNuk

Anons, what villain do you like the most primarily because of their aesthetic? They don't even have to be a good villain- they just have to look cool while doing it!

Is WWW a memegame yet?

How bad is it to use gestalt enemies against a non-gestalt party?

The Arkonas had mad style.

I have three players for my Spheres of Might playtesting game. None were recruited from /pfg/ or Roll20, but this works out all the same. Since N. Jolly prefers 20 point buy and minimal book sources for playtesting, the game will be 8th-level, 20 point buy, humans only, core rulebook + Advanced Player's Guide + Ultimate Combat (throwing shields are a free action merely to unclasp), two traits (no drawback) which can be from anywhere.

In terms of mechanics, the three players are interested in playing:

• A single-classed conscript and unarmed puncher, because they find the mechanical simplicity of the class alluring, and they want to punch people. I am working with them to create the most optimal puncher possible under a single-classed conscript, with a focus on the Berserking, Dual Wielding, and Open Hand spheres.

• A switch-hitter scholar, because they wanted to play a Scorpion-style intelligent samurai with a bow, a katana, a horse, a single type of poison, and flashbangs. I am working with them to optimize this concept as aptly as possible. Their scholar knacks will probably be martial study, cunning attacker, poisoncraft, and studied technique.
The scholar's player has already written up an initial report on their attempts at building a scholar here: docs.google.com/document/d/1IV6dw9jNfzEK_5Ps2kvzUqiMCqNKKtBEKVra-LVcHL8/edit (ignore the defense section, which was copied from another sheet)

• A hammer-wielding blacksmith, because they were open to playing just about anything built by me, and I wanted to showcase just how overloaded the blacksmith class is. I am also working with them to be the best hammerer they can be, with a focus on the Berserking sphere.

>tfw Tar-Baphon will never have as much style as the Scourge

Nothing says "very obviously the villains" like armor made of an eldritch abomination's blood and evil ghost valkyries.

I am worried about two things. Firstly, I worry that the scholar will lag behind severely, because they are optimizing towards a very spread-out concept, and because they have chosen the single weakest class in Spheres of Might so far. (The player acknowledges this.) They are not playing the single most optimal scholar build, which is an Alchemy/flashbang spammer. It does not help that the conscript and the blacksmith will be tag-teaming to batter enemies with Brutal Strike and Decapitate.

Secondly, I was considering having the blacksmith be a blacksmith 6/conscript 1/barbarian (berserker, urban barbarian) 1, because that is a highly optimal combination that can showcase just how ridiculous dipping can be in Spheres of Might. However, I worry that it will detract from the playtest, and it will take away from the point that the blacksmith is overloaded.

How can I better support the scholar? I worry that the criticism towards the scholar will be dismissed as "Your player built the scholar awfully and ignored the obvious Alchemy/flashbangs build that the scholar is supposed to use."

Should I have the blacksmith be multiclassed to showcase dipping degeneracy, or single-classed to focus purely on the blacksmith?

Would it make sense that the dwarves rise up against their king and forma Revolutionary Republic or Commune? What about a Napoleon rising up afterward?

What EXACTLY is comfy suppose to mean anyway, as far as games are concerned? I've always taken it to mean you've got PCs that will have interesting interactions with each other and a possibility of romance in the party, coupled with a DM that encourages RP and would provide wiafus/husbandos to any PC that doesn't hook up with another.

>I worry that the criticism towards the scholar will be dismissed as "Your player built the scholar awfully and ignored the obvious Alchemy/flashbangs build that the scholar is supposed to use."
This is quite likely and frankly valid criticism. The Scholar was clearly made with a very specific niche/build/trope in mind, and using it outside of that basically means you should be using something else instead. Though you could always use it to point out how narrow the only usable build restricts you and how garbage it is outside of that.

I'd imagine Harvest Moon, but as a /pfg/ game.

>When the app is so completely wrong for the game there's nothing to really say beyond "start over"

Dwarf Napoleon?

The jokes write themselves.

>dwarves are communist
They even look like karl marx

FotJR greentext is up.
Come learn about hyena anatomy

So did you actually send them that, or did you find a way to sugarcoat it?

Part 2 reloaded: Greentext harder

Good luck, user.

Not sure how to help with the first one, with the scholar in its current shape, having it go down a messy build/concept like that might be over kill in the “yeah, this class stinks” department, the idea he has feels like it'd work much better with Armiger.

As for the Blacksmith, it might be a good idea to have it go mono as a good comparison to the other mono SoM characters. Showing how many More talents and over all Utility that class brings Alone.

Include some stuff to suggest things they could change, even if it's just random shit.

Can we do godly commandments, last time it got off track.

Just a simple set of day to day commandments regarding things you should do, how you should interact with people and a few taboo's

>shitty employee lets his coworkers get killed

W O W
also sweet jesus talk about tone whiplash

drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QDGzriiUspaVpldEx2TUN6Y0U/view?usp=sharing

Alright anons, it's me, Blood Mountain user. I'm just gonna drop this here. I'm finally just gonna splurge and finger-jizz all over a document and let y'all pick over it. This is gonna be a stream-of-consciousness kind of thing over the course of the next few days. Soon it will be finished and act as a summary of the entirety of the world of Blood Mountain. Goddamn I'm enjoying worldbuilding too much. Keep in mind this was late-night stream of consciousness stuff, and I'll give it a quick editing pass before I upload a new version later on.

Ew. I might be a lewdfag but... I didn't think /that/ was what was being advertised in a "lewd" game. That just plain makes me uncomfortable.

Dragon Game Session 6 Recap:

>A plan is hatched between the group; snoop in Cross' house for evidence of embezzlement, follow either Cross or Blakely to wherever they're keeping the hoard, and then attend a party to maybe gather more intel
>Bootybold and teeny dragon go to sneak into the house, Commencing Virtuous Mission
>Under cover of an evening snowstorm, they enter through the stables
>Each one takes a potion Lameeka made to disguise themselves as halfling vagrants, just in case they're seen
>Lameeka sneaks around and manages to find a coded message on a desk, which she copies down
>After some wandering, she also discovers bags of flour with small particles of gold mixed in - either they're laundering the hoard, or they have super expensive taste
>Atolm meanwhile eavesdrops on Cross and Blakely, overhearing them confirm their plot directly
>Then a guard shows up, having discovered Lameeka's footprints in the snow that weren't there before. Shoulda brought a ranger along.
>Whole house is now looking for intruders, Lameeka has a few close calls as some of them have smoke-censers that can detect invsibility
(contd)

Bonfire at Thistletop, incoming.

I could perhaps tell the scholar's player to switch to something like a scholar 2/investigator (battered detective, empiricist) 6 for a rather Intelligence-SAD character, but the player seems quite invested in playtesting the scholar.

Indeed, the player had already written up their experiences when constructing a scholar: docs.google.com/document/d/10yLIsMysbXjhy2LlcaVmbn1IKf5LK7Bg_Dx0S02Xzh0/edit#heading=h.jmx227112ol3

I suppose it comes down to either:

A. Playing the scholar outside of the "one true build" of Alchemy/flashbangs, and thus having the criticism against the scholar ignored because "the scholar PC was built incorrectly."

B. Playing a scholar 2/investigator (battered detective, empiricist) 6 instead, which will be less useful from a data-gathering standpoint due to it centering around a dip and a conversion archetype, rather than a full-blown original class. As well, the player's work on writing up their experience in building a scholar will be completely wasted.

What should I do?

The armiger might be a good fit for switch-hitting, but it would not accomplish the Intelligence-SAD that the player wants to have.

>Figuring she has all the evidence she needs, Lameeka chugs an enhancement potion to turn her butt into a +2 weapon, and bludgeons the guard at the front door to unconsciousness in one hard hit
>Others don't seem to notice, but then one of the guards wanders into the room and spots her
> !
>He shoots and misses, and she slips away, letting Atolm find his own way
>Atolm meanwhile uses time magic to make a guard repeat the same actions over and over, letting him slip past
>He's almost spotted by a guard who's now blocking the way they came, but manages to move down a different hall without being seen
>Using the knowledge of the scouting he did earlier, he knows there's a chimney nearby
>With some shimmying, he's home free
>The pair return to the tavern, covered in snow, flour and soot

Quinn might be shaken IC but her player still feels she did the right thing because we saved Ameiko so we beat Saturday team

It was also pretty heroic and the sort of deed that strongly shows why Aster and Tia saw Quinn as worth serving in the first place.

>SoP allows rogues to take any non-tradition secret as a talent, with rogue level as hedgewitch level
>no other prereqs
What can I do with this?

so did 4 other people just sit around doing nothing

They had a lovely meal of bread, cheese, and smoked sausage links.

While discussing the finer points of culture shock and Draconic upbringing and the lack thereof.

Oh and everyone's level 5 now. (they're gonna need it. )

Does it qualify you for Extra Hedgewitch Secret?

The rest of the group did roleplay stuff, but overall they didn't get to do much unfortunately. Things ran a bit longer than they should have, mainly due to the stealth segments being turn based rather than more abstracted in nature.

they were busy with other things

I'd think so?

stealth action gameplay is haaaaaard

Well, if it does, you can grab one of the Amateur secrets, and then use Extra Hedgewitch Secret to nab tradition secrets.

And even if it doesn't qualify you for it, then the amateur ones are still really good.

That sounds insanely, ass-gnawingly boring.

>party's face when facing down the villains
It's not going to be a happy reunion, if the memes were true

Still sounds like it got too heavy too fast, jeez

Fun fact: You can,t actually burn down thisltop, it's all wet wood. It just makes a lot of smoke. It's specified in the guide.

I see comfy to mean that there are many quests and encounters where the stakes aren't too high: you have a challenging but not brutal battle, but the stakes aren't life or death or the fate of the town, they're over things like stolen cake or rom-coms gone wrong or sunday morning villainy.

The atmosphere is exciting but not serious, so it's comfy.

I feel Rubio is trying to be strong mainly as a coping mechanism, but it's partly that he already assumed Ameiko had been assaulted already before they even got to the glassworks, and is relieved to find that they made it in time.

Who said anything about burning wood?

Oh boy. Rape.

Which games promise to be rape-free? Because this shit is gnarly.

The BBEG in your campaign is now replaced by these guys.

How fucked is your party?

Legacy of Blood and Flame seems to be going for a lighter tone.
Then again, it, too, has gnolls.

Take Clever Wordplay for Perform (oratory or sing).

Use the rogue talent to acquire amateur charlatan for versatile performance for Perform (oratory or sing).

Spend a feat on Extra Secret, and take the versatile performance secret for expanded versatility ( d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/#TOC-Versatile-Performance-Ex- ) for Bluff or Diplomacy.

Raise that Perform skill as high as possible with traits, items, and further feats, and enjoy having monstrously high Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive.

You could also supercharge your Knowledge skills with the roguish know-how talent.

This is all the more helpful if other Drop Dead Studios material and Path of War material are allowed, because then you could be an Unchained rogue (glory rogue, hidden blade, treasure seeker).

I believe so.

If you're lucky you could apply for PLD and end up in a whole party filled with people dedicated to not being raped.

Let me assure you, gnolls are going to find humans fuck-ugly.

I mean, really, who'd take one of those chesty harem wenches over this glorious paragon of womanhood right here?

t. Gnoll

The BBEG in my campaign is the embodiment of ruination and has already succeeded in destroying the world along every time line that has been, and every timeline that will be.

Edgy.

I enjoy the classics, people're way too into moral grays and sympathetic antagonists. The heavy story moving villain is a petty jerk who thinks no one should be happy because he never is, and the recurring side-villain is a laughing maniac who plays CE as straight and campy as possible.

There's our late night discussion. Make the least rapeable PLD party you can. Hard mode is including girls.

Or one who's both!

Bullshit.
In the Rival guide there is a gnoll barbarian which is the daughter of a female gnoll and a werehyena.
Gnoll love them some humans.

Pfft. Every society has its deviants, I suppose.

>daughter of a female gnoll and a werehyena
That seems needlessly complicated.

You should read the He-Man/Thundercats comic.
Skeletor makes Mum-Ra his bitch.

Not if gnolls are compatible with normal hyenas.

Do us a favor katapesh dm, pls don't be joking.

Also, I want to do something different with gnolls: should I make them less Chaotic Evil and more misunderstood? I'm not into the whole "these races are always evil and must be killed dead."

Why not gnolls that live as hunter gatherers? That are just misunderstood and only want to defend themselves, and they tend to be big softies? I just like to do different things with monsters.

What is complicated is the half-elf ranger in the same book who haves jackalwere blood and is friends with this gnoll.

Easy Mode: Lysander, Drummond, Vier, Sigmund

Hard Mode: Maice, Kynyjan, Lun, Ferris (he makes the party work)

I think I've read one of the issues. But not all of it.

It was the one with 'pud'

Does that make us the deviants to PFS?

Katapesh DM has said that there's plenty of monsters who move to the big city and stop doing evil just because it's a better way to live.

There's even a "Civilized" trait in the game's setting document.

Oh

If thats the case, I'll consider it. I myself am gonna hash my brains out for what I can use as "monster fodder" and what I can use as "monsters reinterpreted"

Your hard mode would have a better time avoiding rape than your easy mode. Drummond wants to fuck monster girls, Sigmund has fucked monster girls, and Vier might literally be the biggest rapebait in the pool. Even Lysander's probably one poorly thought adventure away from getting pegged.

He forgot to mention that said gnoll haves a human sorcerer boyfriend who was hooked to pesh.

I think the truth is that PFS are the deviants simply because exceedingly few home- or Roll20-based groups actually use their rules. They're still in the minority, even if they hold to Paizo's standards.

What's the comfiest alignment for a cute support character?

If this was pre-political Paizo, does that mean this was someone's fetish?

>You could also supercharge your Knowledge skills with the roguish know-how talent.
And Amateur Spiritualist so you roll 2d20 choose better for Knowledge and can make all Knowledge untrained.

Lawful Evil.
No, seriously. It's really fucking cute to have a character who's trying to hold to evil standards, but still tries to help people and do right, even while they're still going "God Bless Queen Thrune!" and "Hail Asmodeus!" while throwing up the devil horns.

I want to rape cute brown princesses!

Possibly. There's no real way to know.

Actually the Bone Gnawers background is more comfy than lewd. Even the pet quasit is kind of sympathetic and is armed with the funniest weapon seen in official published material: Chomper the swearing bag of devouring.

You've got PLD for that.

Hm, what other religious salutes could there be?
>Asmodeus: Devil horns (metal horns made with the left hand and pointed forward)
>Aroden: Classic Azlanti salute (Roman "ave" gesture)
>Erastil: Stag horns (metal horns made with the right hand and pointed upward)
>Iomedae: Sign of the sword (sign of the cross)
>Sarenrae: "Praise the sun!" pose

>Ustalav, Brevoy, and other northerly nations make the Iomedaean sign a slightly different way from those around Taldor and Cheliax
>Religious wars ensue

>Cayden: Literally just raise a mug.

>Gorum: Fist over the heart
>Shelyn: Fingers formed into a heart shape
>Razmir: A hand over the face, as if a mask
>The Laws of Man: Warding hands placed outwards, as if to push a text or pamphlet away

's all I got.

Aw, alright. If you insist. I'll just make a boring Jafar-looking motherfucker for LoBaF.

Caiden's should be a drinking gesture.
Shellyn's a hand movement similar to signing with a brush.
Torag's a fist falling upon an open palm (hammer on anvil)
Pharasma's a spiral drawn from the heart and outwards.

>Abadar: Trace a keyhole shape in the air
>Calistria: Swish and flick, as if cracking a whip
>Desna: Make butterfly wings as if making a shadow puppet
>Lamashtu: Wild pelvic thrusts

Norgorber has none

Nethys: hand covers half the face
Kurgess: FLEX!

I feel like Norgorber's should be some kind of "Ssshhhh..." gesture.

Desna: Hands shaped as a butterfly over the chest.

>Razmir shamelessly stole Nethys' sign
Sounds about right.

>tfw bringing in a Lawful Evil Asmodeus worshipper into a party of Neutral & Good

I think I'm That Guy.

There's Lawful Evil, and then there's Lawful Evil. Play it like a Disgaea character--evil's like a job, or a social obligation. In the end, you'll default to doing what helps your friends.

I'm imagining Razmir having a hand over the eyes, as a domino mask, while Nethys has a hand over one half of the face, dividing it in half along the nose line

Evil doesn't mean not nice. You can certainly befriend Good people and use your position to assist them.