Weapons, armour and tools of all kinds!

Lets make this a /tg tradition.

An entire thread dedicated to weapons, armour and tools that you just love for whatever reason!

Real or fictional
Sci fi or fantasy
Whatever it is, post it!

Bonus points if its stuff you want to put in a campaign.

Other urls found in this thread:

douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/COMMS/pneuguns/pneuguns.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=cDt_tIcca-k
leatherworkingreverendsmusings.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/the-double-armed-man/
youtu.be/X-I5RjodS80?t=2m56s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't want to put it in my campaign, but I do want to own it. I guess I could settle for a character using it instead, seeing as it's two thousand bucks.

Darkwatch was awesome.

Bullet-firing crossbows are something that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

Basically the 16th century tacticool silent gun.

>Bullet-firing crossbows are something that doesn't get nearly enough attention.
What? I thought crossbows firing bullets existed only in Monster Hunter.

No, they were a definitely a real thing, though they saw little use in war.

They were much more accurate than a normal bow or crossbow, but much quieter than a gun, making them popular for hunting small game. However, most were too weak to be effective on the battlefield (they fired a small bullet like a gun, but only at the muzzle-velocity of an arrow).

Nigga, games got nothing on the absurdities people invented. Want a steam-powered air cannon launching dynamite? Earth setting had it.

Retarded mix of boomerang and rocket? Yup, chinese crazy man.

As for weapon desired for a campaign, I want a steel bow with shapened arms, kinda like pic.

The Americans were actually crazy enough to build a warship with three of those cannons in a massive fixed spinal mount like something out of a video game.

I bet people die a lot in this Earth setting.

It sounds like a trick weapon from Bloodborne, but I presume yours is less outlandish and does not transform.

Wouldn't the stress of pulling the bow harm the blade?
Maybe the blades could be mounted on the bow part but not fused to it.

Simon's Bowbalde
" Church hunter Simon despised firearms, and so the Church workshop had this specially fashioned to his liking.

The large curved blade serves as a bow when transformed.

But aside from a few close friends, Simon was scoffed at for his choice of arms, for who would dare face the beasts with a measly bow? "

Speaking of trick weapons...

And my people used them to convert a ship into a cruiser to deal with a revolt in the navy.
douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/COMMS/pneuguns/pneuguns.htm
That said, the weapon was a sensible technology for its time, albeit a dead-end one. The lack of muzzle flash and sound still sounds like a plus, mind you.

There is no setting more grimdark than it.

Transforming weapons aren't my thing, so no.

The practicality of such a weapon is beyond my "read-too-much" expertise. One thing is that real stel bows seem to be, how do I put it, thinner in the front-back axis than the left-right axis, like A shows, you know? So perhaps the only part that could be sharpened would be the sides of the bow arms.

It seems the steel would also have to be more flexible than steel apropriate for a sword.

Talking about practicality, the actual utility of steel bows is having something that isn't as powerful as composite bows, but performs well in cold and/or humid conditions, takes less time to create as wood bows (no wood to dry etc) and wouldn't need as much maintenance.

But just imagine, is there a bow more suitable for a dwarf? One could make them assymetric like yumi bows, so even a dwarf could have what's essentially a longbow despite his height. And humidity is a big problem underground.

I thought the spring gun was something Terry Pratchett made up.

Interesting concept.
I watched this video recently about weapons that would be usable by a Dwarf, it's pretty neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=cDt_tIcca-k

It got me a few ideas, maybe fusing a longer, steel bow with a halberd or poleaxe

Bows with blades attached to them did see use IRL

Allow me to repeat myself...
>Nigga, games got nothing on the absurdities people invented.
It pretty much goes to all fiction.

Bow lance? And I who thought the hatchet pipe was the ultimate indian-american 'gunblade'. Did it work?

I saw it too. I honestly thought it lacking. He missed so much, not even mentioning the supremacy of a classic/macedonian phalanx on a tunnel. I have enough ideas to make three videos like that pertaining dwarven weaponry and tactics.

>It got me a few ideas, maybe fusing a longer, steel bow with a halberd or poleaxe
You're almost going by way of the double-armed man, a british attempt to keep the longbow relevant in the 17th century.
leatherworkingreverendsmusings.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/the-double-armed-man/
How about bardiches?

And to not stay only at the Earth Setting, I used pic related as bullets for not!-egyptian slingers.

It corrected its own trajetory, and once piercing the target's flesh*, started eating and/or laying eggs.

*youtu.be/X-I5RjodS80?t=2m56s

This is a korean rocket launcher.

Didn't the brits try to make an Aircraft Carrier out of pykrete?

Check out the elephant's double sword.

They didn't actually built it. The farthest was a mock-up which took two years to melt in a lake in Canada, I think.

Sexy yet practical armor.

Arab dwarf

I think this might be the most underrated drawing on D&D.

The mail is a close fit of her body, but that can be excused as elven craft and/or mithril. She has that common pose in which the hips are slightly to the side, but it shows that's because she's putting on her armor. No helmet, but again, putting on armor.

It is the perfect mix of practical armor and fantasy sexiness.

This one appears on drawthreads sometimes.

His armors are an amazing mix of medieval and roman elements.

Thats fucking beautiful.

That is quite possibly the sexiest sword I have ever had the fortune to lay eyes upon.

>dat shield and spear

I'd scale the shield up, but the loadout (and especially the bladed spear) scream "you're so fucking dead".

Eurrgh.

This l3monjuic3 made some cool ass shit

>Bow lance? And I who thought the hatchet pipe was the ultimate indian-american 'gunblade'. Did it work?
From what I read about it it was only ever used as a lance, and it was more of a sacred symbol than a weapon, normally only one spear bearer of the Tokala Societies would have one of these and there are no reports of anyone ever shooting arrows from one.
But it's an interesting idea for a weapon.

Here's a simple idea
A grappling hook/piton...
But it's not designed for climbing
It's for retrieving your weapon after you throw it
Sound like a thing that could be a thing?

Ish, but you're doing it the hard way. Cords/chains to allow weapons to be dropped/thrown and then recovered are historical, but they were permanently affixed. Why waste time trying to "hook" a thrown weapon when you can have it hooked already?

FTR, arrows with a cord are actually used in bowfishing (yes, that means exactly what you think it does) and there are records of them being used to blind-fire into areas as a form of "scouting" but these probably don't reflect anything like a suggested practice. Shooting at noises/randomly is a terrible idea even if you're not wasting ammo.

I thought the same thing, she is gorgeous.

Had a government agent use a shotgun like this in a late TL5 fantasy setting. With the perk I got limited access to slugs (which are normally early TL 6).

Sure, the range and accuracy was piss-poor, it could only hold two shots, and it's just a shotgun, but in TL 5/6 that's actually not so bad, you're up against revolvers with 2d-1 pi and such most of the time.

Obligatory Nazi Moon Magic

Should probably mention that this is GURPS, it slipped my mind somehow.

The only other time I've successfully used a shotgun was in a cyberpunk game, normally I used a modified MP7 as it's light, concealable, cool looking and packs a decent punch, but for the occasional run where I knew a gunfight would be inevitable I used a Saiga-12G modified for fully automatic fire and primarily using armor-piercing discarding sabots. For the short ranges you encountered on the street, it was almost comparable to a regular assault rifle. I always carried some rubber baton rounds (for reduced lethality takedowns) and regular shot (for easily taking down poorly armored drones and the like) as well. I really liked the tradeoff, I sacrificed some raw lethality but gained some cool utility.

>nitro express revolver
>recoil will snap a normal human's wrist
>player with high strength buys it
one week later
>player with 8 strength dies
>teammate picks it up and fires
>"It's fine, the dealer was clearly lying about the recoil. The other guy fired it just fine!"
and you know what happened next

Some police evidence. A bb gun to threaten people, a pistol and improvised shotgun to back them up.

whip pistol

A bored marine welded two 20-round M14 magazines together. Due to the design of the springs, there were feed problems if loaded with more than 30 rounds.

Only 50 credits! Perfect for the assassin on a budget!

That seems like an extremely unsafe way to carry grenades. Wouldn't a belt with pouches make more sense, or a bandolier?

LeMat revolver. The most steampunk gun ever made.

A scrimmage in a Border Station-
A canter down some dark defile
Two thousand pounds of education
Drops to a ten-rupee jezail.

i mean it doesn't even have a clock or a pressure gauge or some random gears so idk

It's true, I'm an S/k/W.

Well this is certainly a thing.

>tfw pcs have almost certainly done this

>big bad has a beautifully detailed smg with gold inlay which probably costs more than most people make in a year
>players leave it because none of them have smg skill

An MP5 with wood furniture.
It feels so wrong, and yet so right...

De Lisle Carbine
.45 calibre
11 round magazine
Silenced rifle designed in 1942. Considered one of the quietest firearms ever made. It's like a movie silencer but in real life.

I'm having trouble visualizing how one brings the gun to a ready to fire position while wearing a coat.

Kim Jong Un's personal design, bring great victory.

Considering it's a Mac-10, I'm assuming you're just quickly pointing it in the direction of badguy and spraying through your own coat.

rarely do i ever see something so stupid from an engineering standpoint yet so fucking badass at the same time. I love it, have an aaaylmao space majik gun.

Here's a bike. Don't ask me where it's from, the file was created in 2012.

looks like shit to me.

I always thought was interesting, in an 80's "We didn't think this design through but it looks cool" kind of way.

I also first saw that on deviantart so that's certainly affecting my opinion of it.