HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DEAL WITH A GM THAT RAILROADS THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR PARTY AND FALLS BACK TO PARTY WIPES WHENEVER THE...

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DEAL WITH A GM THAT RAILROADS THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR PARTY AND FALLS BACK TO PARTY WIPES WHENEVER THE PLAYERS DO SOMETHING THAT HE DOESN'T WANT THEM TO DO?

Get a new GM or become the GM.

I guess talking to the GM if they are open to feedback.

DM the games yourself.
That's what I did.
Still am 7 years later

have your tried talking to him like a reasonable adult?

There's always the munchkin route - build a character so disgustingly optimized that you end up dictating what happens to the GM.

"The door opens and 4 heavily armored town guards enter the room. As you can see by the sigil attached to their armor they are part of the elite group of expert guardsmen that defeated countless of criminals."

>roll perception check on guards

"you can tell that their armor emits a strange aura as if there was magic woven directly in its steel. Spells will most likely not work on this type of enemy"

>I'd like to surrender

"since they are expert guardsmen they were granted special rights to not only act as law enforcement but also as judge and executioner. With a masterful sweep the guard nearest to you removes your head from the rest of your body. You are dead"

tell me how to minmax your fucking character out of bullshit like that?

Assuming you've already tried talking to him reasonably and more then just once for a few seconds... get a new GM.

You obviously make a combat monster that can live without his head. Duh.

calm down

>spells will most likely not work on this kind of enem-

Wall of stone. Create Water. Create Water. Create Water.

If magic doesn't work on them, then they don't have waterbreathing enchantments.

Tell him to go fuck himself and flip the table.
Problem solved

tell him he is a shit GM and kick him from your group

DM's shit only flies if you accept it does.

>the room is too small. If you summon a wall it will crush you and everyone in it? Do you wish to proceed?

I recommend these actions in sequence. If the first doesn't work, do the next one and so forth.

1) Talk to your GM. Express how frustrated you are by his behaviour and ask him why he keeps killing your character. Be calm and write down your concerns in advance so you don't get too sidetracked.

2) Quit the game and find a new game. Try local and if that fails, search online.

3) Start your own game. If you can't do one locally try to start one online.

4) Find a new hobby. If your GM sucks, no games will have you, and nobody will play in your campaigns, you should probably find something else to do with your time.

Except Wall of Stone lets you control the exact shape, and you can cast spells at a lower caster level than your maximum. Just throw out exactly as many 5 foot squares of stone as you need.

>the room is too small
>as you begin casting one of the guards has already grabbed you

if you try hard enough as a GM you can fuck over any minmaxed group. Doesn't matter how clever you are. Remember, his word is law and he can basically just invent shit on the fly. That's like trying to pick a fight with god. Even if you "outsmart" him you are still at his mercy. Because even if you evaded his wrath the first time he can still throw some bullshit at you further down the line.

You never rolled initiative. I got Improved Initiative for a reason, and casting only takes a standard action. You're BREAKING THE RULES, GM.

IF YOU WERE GOING TO HOUSERULE INITIATIVE YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOUR PLAYERS RATHER THAN LET THEM WASTE FEATS THAT ARE NO LONGER VALID ARGHGHKGHGH

... I had a GM that did that. Most annoying thing ever. I know that we're dealing with magical darkness because the campaign's about a shadow god cult, so I gear up with spells and abilities to negate or see though magical darkness... and the GM decides that none of it works (except darkvision at half distance, which doesn't even work in magical darkness).

He let me change out my spells for different ones, but it was so annoying.

this is the type of shit I'm talking about. Even if the GM is an asshole, a good player can predict his bullshit and try to intentionally prepare for it. However, if you predict EXACTLY whatever dumb shit he prepared for you and you still fail because he rules your countermeasures ineffective then what the GM is basically telling his players is that they can't win. They can't win and if they stray away from the planned path then they get fucked.

And then there are GMs that basically don't even have a path in mind. They just don't like to see the players succeeding. So whatever you do, you fail. It's not even that you pissed him off and tried to side-track into something that he didn't plan. He's just fucking with you.

NOBODY FUCKING TRIES THAT WHY DO YOU THINK THEY POST HERE

Over-age B&, get out of here stupid grown-up.

Hey guys if you're playing RPGs and you have to argue with your GM maybe you and your GMs shouldn't be playing together

Theres a reason theres a master in GameMaster and its because hes the fucking narrator

he has the last say and if hes garbage the game is garbage

Either abide by his rules, try to reason with him or leave the fucking game

bless you.

Quit. For bonus points, be honest about why.