When was the last time you were immediately inspired to go out and come up with a new character concept?

When was the last time you were immediately inspired to go out and come up with a new character concept?

Pic related.

>liking this piece of shit movie

please kill yourself

I only like this movie cuz I'm in it.

It's a good character.

The movie was pretty average but John C. Reilly was great, my friends and I had to go home and marathon some Steve Brule afterward.

Samuel L. Jackson go to bed. You're too cool to be staying up late with nerds.

It was just the right degree of stupid to be fun, what's your problem?

The only part of the film that sucks is that there's like a half-dozen too many characters.

This kind of attitude is what is wrong with the critic industry nowadays. If it's not amazing, it's fucking garbage.

Kong wasn't good by any means. But it wasn't terrible. Easily something to entertain kids, and I can't say I'm not interested to see what they'll do with all of the teasers they dropped at the end.

But it does have some serious flaws, namely in the army plot which couldn't have been more cliche, and the phoning-it-in every actor except Reilly and Toby Kebbell (for his two and a half minutes of screen time) did.

>This kind of attitude is what is wrong with the critic industry nowadays. If it's not amazing, it's fucking garbage.
fuckin' wisdom, and I'm sick of it.

No fucking kidding.

I don't directly blame RT, but it's absolutely that kind of mentality where reviews are distilled exclusively to pass/fail with no nuance in order to inflate a meaningless score that determines whether your consumerism is valid or not.

It's fucking horrendous, I can't believe film critics actually propagate this shit when they're being reduced to a half sentence blurb.

>determines whether your consumerism is valid or not
Holy shit, that's exactly it, isn't it?
"If someone thinks the thing I like is shit, they must think I'M shit, I better shill like crazy."
It's the whole Marvel vs. DC, xbox vs. PS, GW vs. WM mentality.
Why can't people just enjoy shit without worrying what other people think? Do they have such a low, shallow self-image that they are actually affected by the opinions of nobodies online?

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Okay but please post beard first. Your beard is cool just like you.

Fuck yes, Kong was easily the best action movie of the year. I'm so glad they rehashed the concept instead of redoing the same plot the 99th time with a slight twist.

I loved John C. Reilly's, John Goodman's, and Samuel L. Jackson's performances in this film, and I really enjoyed the monsters and fights. I kind of want to make a character that has the same sort of Ahab-Moby Dick descent into madness as Sam's character.
Poor Chapman.

>Reminder that Peter Jackson's King Kong is three and a half fucking hours long

and enjoyable throughout

>ITT people with terrible taste try to defend their terrible taste

It's okay, guys. But at least have some fucking self awareness.

>opinions

>having bad ones

I just really liked the look.

It was pretty bad but the first half was ok and the post-credit scene left me hyped as fuck so overall i got a positive feeling out of it.

>Poor Chapman.
That's what he gets for not trusting his wife.

> Why can't people just enjoy shit without worrying what other people think? Do they have such a low, shallow self-image that they are actually affected by the opinions of nobodies online?
That's what you get when people define themselves via labels.
"I'm a gamer", "I'm a libertarian", "I'm a feminist", "I'm an otaku", "I'm a ''''''''coding artisan'''''''''", "I'm an atheist" - people who define themselves through labels, through belonging to a certain community feel like they are required to defend said communities' popular opinions, even if some of the said opinions are retarded.

You see, a proper person says "I like playing Zelda, therefore, I'm a Nintendo fan".
A retard says "I'm a Nintendo fan, therefore, I will defend Nintendo's corporate policies and retarded decisions".

That's where you get "the whole Marvel vs. DC, xbox vs. PS, GW vs. WM mentality".

And to add onto this, when people belong to a certain community, they feel the need to justify belonging to this particular community and not the other. So they start full-on shilling their community's beliefs and trashing the others.
That's where you get the whole "reddit vs. tumblr. vs. Veeky Forums" debate, even though all of them are just aggregates of completely different boards/subreddits/blogs with completely different opinions even inside of themselves.

So you want to be Russian Jewish samurai? And is this John C. Reilly?

Is this from Walk Hard?

So in other words, everything is just tribalism? What a surprise.

>Why can't people just enjoy shit without worrying what other people think?
Autism

So xhy is the movie considered bad? I haven't looked at a single review before or after watching it, to make sure I have my own personnal opinion.

I liked it. It had some good looking scenes, the fight scenes were proper, maybe a bit too many people but still, it was fun.

Wait there was a post credit scene? Shit. What happens in it?

They show a bunch of prehistoric graffiti's that depict Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra and King Gidora

I once unironically made a character who was a combination of Cloud from FF7 and Miles Prowler from Sonic the Hedgehog.

I was a lot younger then and when I think back on it I cringe hard now, but at the time I honestly had a lot of fun with him.

Did they ever get around to fixing the pc port?
I'm pretty curious how things continue from part 1.

I heard that they did. It's really good apparently.

Oh and forgot to add, this was immediately after watching that FF7 CGI movie, Advent Children I think the title was. So he had the full on "multiple swords in one" thing going on too.

It's Steve Brule himself, he's a marooned fighter pilot from WW2, the katana belonged to his japanese buddy who was also shot down.

Found this on /co/. No idea where it's from, but I want to play it.

>Re-read descriptions of D&D paladins from 2e to 5e
>Notice that the crusader theme was unique to 3e, with 4e mentioning it in a broad sense
>Roll up a 5e tribal paladin
>Outlander background
>Thinks his power comes from his ancestors
>Holy symbol is a silver totemic necklace representing his lineage
>Make him a half-elf and flesh out his backstory with the constant struggle of trying to fit into both tribal human and elvish societies
>Satisfied with what I've rolled up
>tfw no group

>Play Darkest Dungeon
>Want to make a new character based on nearly every single class

Courage the Cowardly Dog user

The marooned guy meets his wife and son again.

Autism.

And because we're a gathering of communities. In one sense, we're a single community, the Veeky Forums community. That's why we have posts like "What does Veeky Forums think of X?" It's anons trying to gain a sense of community by finding like-minded people.

In another sense, we're a multitude of individual communities. The Warmahordes vs Infinity vs 40k players, the D&D vs. Pathfinder vs GURPS. It's tribal mentality.

To quote Terry Pratchett's Jingo:
>"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Im playing a staff counterpart of the Graverobber in my 7th sea game.

I feel you so hard on this. Paladins can be so fucking generic and stupid that it hurts, so I rolled up a 3.5 Paladin that was tricked by an evil lord into helping attack innocent people. He had to turn against them and slaughter his own men, becoming a fugitive and thinking himself a failure, but he actually did the right thing.

Wanted a Paladin with some depth and conflict instead of "I kill evil things and am gud" and the DM goes "your story makes no sense how is he still a paladin?" and then flips out and gets insulted when I tell him he misunderstood my story and there's nothing wrong with it.

Reminded me of why I take giant breaks from playing D&D.

Morons, autism is literally the exact opposite of the extremely basic concept you're discussing. Please stop saying that horridly overused word for everything because it makes you look retarded.

Ahahahaha.
Oh wait your serious?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, see, due to the way language works and the way internet subcultures interact autism no longer means a mental disorder on here. It's the same with cuck, faggot, retard, and meme.

In this case autism refers to any anti-social or obsessive behavior that limits social interaction or enjoyment of [thing we like]

And before you go any further, I am indeed diagnosed on the spectrum.(Aspergers) Feels good to actually use these so called buzzwords as derogatory terms and get it all out on here rather than watch people tiptoe around the issue on why my coworker, incapable of doing her job, is still employed because the company gets tax deductions from having her on the payroll, so they're making money off of her.

Darkest Dungeon is fun in the sense that you just need to run a guy through a dungeon like 3 times to pick up enough quirks and you have an entire character concept right there.

Let's see, I'm a hardskinned unyielding Crusader with a gambling addiction and a lazy eye

Do quirks still randomly overwrite previous quirks, or do shit like giving your character the Ruins Explorer quirk when they've never been to the Ruins? That was one of a several things that made me drop the game.

>Bounty Hunter
>Houndmaster
>Leper
Favorite classes.