Storytimes

Veeky Forums it's the middle of the night and I'm almost incurably bored.

Post stories about your characters, art of them, whatever you like as long as it's interesting.

Any cool stories from running a module? Any drawn art of a particularly awesome campaign moment?

Just no NAT TWENTY!!! stories please, but if you absolutely must just make it believeable and low on the critical stupid scale.

Bump, I'm going crazy here.

lol! go watch kill la kill! I'ts a funky anime. plus there's unashamed sexual picutres

I didn't make a Veeky Forums thread for /a/ suggestions, I want to see some tabletop stories.

Kill la Kill pretends to be a satire of all the fan service and over the top drama and flashing lights of anime, but they don't do anything clever. They just wholeheartedly use those tropes just in an even more retarded way.

lol! They're a rolly polly good time to watch though@! I don't need to apreciate the deeper nuances to enjoy the action!

fuck off /a/

What games do you play OP?

I've got a few stories

Hell, I could even play some 1v1 nonsense with you on roll20

I play 5e, I have a couple of sessions in this coming week that should be fun, but it's just one of those nights where I'm tired but can't sleep, if you know what I mean.

Some stories would be rad, what kind of characters do you tend to play?

You should have done it as a "made saw played" thread, OP. Then people would have a rasin to yak about their characters and you'd get stories to go along with it.

As for me, I was recently in a homebrew giant robot game in the gundams universe that was fun

It wasn't my character, but... for posterity we'll call her Kass.

Kass was cursed.

She either totaled or combat lost every machine she ever piloted, except two of them. Often on the first mission she'd take them on.

I have a particularly fun story of how Kass lost a suit without taking a scratch from the enemy, and through no fault of her own.

Interested?

Go for it.

lol! I think he wanted a unique thread!

Many cool fun discussions have happened between people after the first person said something new

I'm definitely not /a/. I hate anime precisely because of all the shitty fan service, over the top drama and flashing lights (although there are probably plenty of good anime out there)

Knock it off, please.

Jesus, you're cramping my storytelling mood.
Who the fuck talks like this, did you just finally wander out of your containment forums or something?

Just ignore him, it's that easy.

lol! That's exactly what I like about all my favorite animes

(I don't go to /a much. THey're a bit wierd!)

What a fucking shitty opinion.
Did you think this kind of taste was sophisticated?

Well then I'll ignore you lol

>It is the beginning of the Titan era, when the Titans are still ostensibly the good guys
>We are titans, having earned a name for ourselves in Operation Stardust action and mopup
>We're being transferred down to a shitty base in the Philippines to clean up the zeek-geurillas-in-the-woods problems they have
>It ain't me starts playing as soon as our space plane de-orbits, the salty local garrison shitstains didn't tell us our approach vector was over all the enemy flak
>Loadmaster shits us out the back in our suits so the plane can try to limp to the base and make a belly landing
>Kass is flying her brand new, top of the line early-production titan mobile suit - literally 7th off of the production line
>Our handler had to pull a lot of strings to get this suit for her, as a reward for NOT totalling her last machine
>We hit the ground running and have to hoof it back to base on "Foot"
>Engage a trio of zeek guerilla fighters in banged up One Year War vintage suits after a tank ambush
>Kass, being melee focused, whips out her beam saber and closes to melee

Now, this is where the fun starts. There was one guy in the squad who didn't de-orbit with us, because IC his character was going through extra scrutiny before being allowed to formally join the space SS in the making and OOC the player was busy.

The GM decides to drop this guy on us out of the blue to "help out", literally air drop out the back of a transport flying over.

In his GM Cannon II, which is basically a brick made out of armor and guns

Carrying his shiny new artillery cannon.

>So here comes mister armor and guns screaming out of the transport
>His machine is so heavy it can't even break its own fall, doesn't have the thruster power and needs a pack to help
>Levels that big old cannon and lets her rip at the zeek suit in combat with Kass AS HE IS FALLING
>Hits
>Rolls well on his damage
>Rolls very well
>Shell enters through suit's collar bone, exits through suit's ass
>Explodes
>Zeek suit is totalled
>Catches Kass (who has taken no damage so far in this fight) in the blast
>Absorbs that same good damage roll
>Knocks Kass's suit on its ass, blows the torso armor clean off and exposes the reactor beneath
>Reactor scrams, suit shuts down, all Kass can do is glower for the rest of the fight through her mic and try to get it to restart
>After we finish up we have to demo the suit to keep it out of enemy hands because we can't schlepp it back to the base
>All the space on the transport mister cannon arrived on is taken up by everything ELSE the loadmaster threw out the back that we want to keep
>And the base won't send a hauler through the guerilla infested jungle to come get it

There are a couple other good stories from that game, but that's the only one that stuck in my mind.

This gif is more or less what we were doing late game, and parts of it actually happened after a fashion

Well, the first one that came to mind

My greentexting skills aren't great and my story is kinda lame, but here you go.
>GM says he wants to run World of Darkness campaign
>Tells us to just make a basic character, what specific splat we use will be determined by 1 on 1 pre-campaign roleplay sessions
>GM subtly implies the game will be Hunter so I make a character who would make a good hunter
>Mid-20's automobile mechanic with a healthy fear of god and an unhealthy obsession with guns and the know-how to use them - think an unholy trinity of Veeky Forums, /pol/, and /k/.
>I'm busy that weekend, every other players RP session occurs first
>apparently they all failed to not get vamped by some crazy vampire slut
>She tries to get me while I'm closing up at the automobile shop by myself late at night.
>claims she just got mugged and is wounded and that she needs my help
>check the security camera's, she doesn't show up
>somethingisn'trighthere.png
>she grows increasingly desperate and agitated, yelling at me through the door as I continue to refuse to let her in
>Call 911
>by the time they get there she's gone
>the next day, a bunch of shady mobster types show up at noon, tell me we're going for a little drive.
>It's cool, we do illegal car mods at the shop, it's probably just something to do with that. I'll bring the pistol we keep in the shop just in case
>go with them, get taken to an extremely secure apartment complex
> taken onto the elevator and brought up to the secret 13th floor
>different chick is sitting at her desk in an office, goes on about how all my friends got granted immortality and how certain people are looking to harm us and that I need to accept their gift in order to not get murderfucked
>explain how that isn't going to happen; I want my soul to go to heaven.
>Get into a religious debate, she's trying to convince my character god is dead and other crazy shit like she was walking the earth at the same time as Jesus
>My character is having none of it
1/2

Two amazing stories were just posted and screencapped in threads that I think are still up, or their sequels threads are at least.
I'd post them, but I don't enable lazy fuckers.

>She eventually gets tired of my refusal and starts pulling spooky vampire shit like growing fangs
>that's enough for my character to freak the fuck out and shoot her
>She literally disperses into mist and reforms as my bullets pass through her
>OHFUCK.jpeg
>realizing he is dealing with the literal spawn of Satan, my character rips the curtain at the back of the room away, douses it in whiskey from his flask, then lights it on fire to use as a weapon
>The bloodsuckers back off for the moment, but there’s only so much curtain to burn, and the sun is going down very quickly
>start slashing the burning curtain through the air and slowly advancing toward the elevator
>I make it to the elevator, only to realize I don’t have the key to open it
>make a mad dash back to the window as the curtain eventually burns up entirely.
>My only options at this point are damning my eternal soul to the pits of hell via vampirism or by jumping out the window
>figure god is probably more willing to overlook jumping out the window, go for it
>I wake up in a morgue, vamped anyway
>some old vampire dude explains the situation to me and the basics of vampire society, lets me go on the condition that I promise to play nice with the other vampires in town and aid the council in figuring out who’s going around killing vampires (because apparently that’s happening and all the PC’s are somehow connected to this)
So that’s were I am as of now. The plan is to make contact with the vampire killer and assist them in any way possible; as the character now believes the blood of Satan runs through his veins, he knows he can’t get into heaven, and thus he is free to do whatever he wants. Because vampires are inherently evil, he intends to use this newfound liberty to purge as many of the bloodsuckers from the face of the earth as he can. I’m not sure if the DM intended for the game to go this way, but it’s certainly going to be interesting.
2/2

lol here we go!

I shall entertain you with the story of Shart Blumpkin

>Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
>Since my other characters were quirky assholes and I was asked to tone it down, I decided to do so.
>We're given pre-gens, and I really wanted to play a bounty hunter.
>So I'm Hr-whatever his name was, a Gadgeteer Bounty Hunter who was obsessed with perfection.
>herewego.jpeg
>Rest of the party are a Rodian trader, Trandoshan melee fighter man and Boffan hacker.
>Our heroes are tasked to get a Krayte dragon egg (don't know the spelling of that baloney.)
>We do so, because it's a Hutt hiring us and we would like money.
>We find the eggs as well as the mother
>Some of us shoot it with our big guns while the Trandoshan gets into melee range through ingeniously allowing himself to be grabbed.
>Combined with my shots and his brutal punches, we bring it down non-lethally
>We fly the eggs off to the moon, only to discover that our employer is in hiding.
>This will not stand.

Shit, was going to tell another story but I forgot the name. Just ignore that name.

>We're scum, not philanthropists
>The credits will be ours
>We try and find information
>The hacker tries to access computers.
>I simply find a dude and threaten him with my giant gun
>A thing I forgot - I was playing my character like the unholy fusion of a probability calculator and Cell
>So I get the information we want, we gather it all together.
>Turns out that this Hutt has gone into hiding after a gang strike gone bad
>We eventually manage to find him, with our cargo
>Unfortunately, he's tracked down by the rivals
>There's another bounty hunter hunting
>Since I'd established that my character was only in it for the money, I open a comm-link up with this guy and make a bit of talk before ultimately deciding that my side had a better probability of sorting it out
>The Hutt is impressed, and we negotiate slightly more money out of him since we, you know, saved his life
>We also got more trade with the guy
>But the most important thing was, H-80 or whatever his name was got his fair share, and spent that money on improving his gun, which was like a son to me at that point.

So yeah. Other things that happened was the time the Trandoshan got arrested to kill somebody, the epic holo-chess match between my character and him, and the finale point where among other things I shot a civilian in the back.

Here's my favorite and most used character, Garfunkle.
>Initially just a young Thri-Kreen running away from marriage to a Thri-Kreen princess, does not want head bitten off during sexy time)
>Finds group of adventurers, become fellow clutchlings
>After a few minor quests group eventually gets rolled into epic quest to defeat ancient precursor demon from forming all reality into his image
>Find out that only possible way to defeat demon is to defeat the old elementals to use their powers against the demon
>First we defeat the elementals of air and fire, the two other guys get their powers
>Then we find my elemental, the one of earth.

I'd walk away if I was you

This has magical realm railroad written all over it and I'd bet money your GM's gonna throw a shit fit when you continue to try to make redneck Alucard shaped holes in all of his plans

>By this point I have abused the fuck out of Thri_kreen jumping
>Have cape of flying, boots of high jump with spikes on the bottom
>Could literally jump over five story tall buildings
>Other guys had an easy time with fire and air, this should be easy for me
>We each had to face our elemental alone, so I walk into the lone valley
>Elemental turns out to be giant fucking stone worm with green crystals for teeth, ohfuck.jpg
>Spend half an hour trying to kill it with spells and attacks, not even a scratch.
>DM asks "What do you do Garfunkle?", Garfunkle finally realizing what must done sits down and meditates.
>Earth worm devours me.
>Inside the worm is a giant cavern, way too big on the inside Doctor Who kinda deal
>Walk forever trying to find what's up
>Deep within the worm is a floating green gem
>I reach out and touch it with my chitinous hand to grab it
>As soon as I lay my finger on it the gem flings itself towards me and fuses into my chest
>DM describes it as extreme pain
>Remember my druidic training, to be one with the earth
>I embrace the earth gem...

>5e, Curse of Strahd
>Pic related is my character, a Bladelock (GM allowed me to have ranged weapons as my Pact Weapon)
>Preparing for our final showdown with Mr. Zarovich himself
>The module and MM isn't clear on how to kill vampires (Ironic, because it's fucking Curse of Strahd), but the GM says that the MM did say that if they can't get back to their coffin within a time from turning to mist (which happens at 0 hp), which is apparently the only way to kill vampires, which is kind of bullshit but allright
>I got an Idea
>We try to destroy his coffin in the catacombs while we expect the big fight to be on a balcony near the castle, pretty much the easy way out
>He's having none of this shit, coming to ambush us as we try to destroy it
>Tough fight, but we manage to reduce him to 0 hp by continuously surprising him by running up walls and acing important rolls (The fight did in fact end with our Rogue critting with the Sunblade, awesome and thematic)
>He turns to mist, and returns to the coffin...
>Hold up, says I
>I had cast a spell before (GM had described what happened when I cast it)
>It was a Magic Circle that makes it impossible for undead to get inside without teleportation, centered on the coffin
>GM visibly recoils, offers his hand for a handshake

All in all, it was a fun campaign of pyromania and bypassing encounters

Do you want to hear when our monk one-punched a Roc?

That is a bit of a dick move, buuuuuttttt you could totally go all benny lafitte on their asses. Start killing vamps and making it look like the hunter. Then essentially power play the shit out of the situation until everybody is dead except the one who turned you.

Also discuss with your GM about vamp rules. Some vamp info talks about reversabilty if the vamp in question hasnt fed on people (taken someone elses soul) or if you kill the vamp that turned you.

Also see if you can survive on animal blood. Then all you need is a bloodbank or a good butcher. Try and game it out, dont just quit. However if your gm is set on railroading the shit out of you, then leave him. See if any of the other players are pissed about the changes.

can't hurt. lay it on me

My character fought off a planet-eating cosmic abomination with a pair of punch-activated shotguns attached to her wrists while standing on the front window of her starship and hurling offensive slurs at it.

Unsuccessfully but fuck you, it was awesome.

So all in all, a regular edge of the empire game?

.... AND!? Dis you become one with the jump force? Did you finally sprout wings? Did you die???

All right

>We were returning from the Amber Temple, through Tsolenka Pass, when we heard a great roar behind us
>We were crossing a bridge that was across a great chasm, there was easily hundreds of feet below us
>We were absolutely decked in loot from Amber Temple, so tried to hurry up so they wouldn't be lost during the fight
>Cast flight on both our Barb who is pulling a chariot filled with loot and our monk who is ready to start combat
>A giant shadow passes over us
>Roll for initiative
>Monk beats the Roc on it
>Gonna go for it
>Try to go all out, only one of the 4 hits actually lands
>Stunning strike motherfucker
>GM flubs the save
>Roc crashes to the bridge as we try to run as fast as we can on the trembling bridge
>Roc has enough momentum to just crash through the bridge and continue its way to the mists below
>Manage to get to safe ground, all of us
>We just hear loud thud and the loudest pathetic screech we've heard as it limps away to get some easier prey
>Unsurprisingly, birds don't like taking 80+ falling damage in the first seconds of combat

Cast fly on a monk, enjoy your falling damage