Show tries to make fun of tabletop rpgs

>show tries to make fun of tabletop rpgs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4aNUuGOUreg
youtube.com/watch?v=FF1_IHliRhI
cbr.com/teen-titans-go-producer-revels-in-stupidity-of-young-justice-crossover/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>episode was actually fun and they made some valid complaints

Meh. Nowadays animators and writers are all nerds that have the episode as a wink and a nod to fellow rpg players.

In other words, I floop the pig.

Didn't watch the episode. Can I get a greentext list?

>Man tries to bitch about someone talking shit of his holy cow on a sight that routinely rages about every system and how significant portions of the player base are garbage.

Been awhile wince i watched it but i believe one of the complaints is the amount of crunch and weird ass rules some games had

YOU WOULDN'T DARE

That one Dexter's Lab episode was probably responsible for quite a sizable chunk of people getting into Veeky Forums stuff.

I've had both Dexter and DeeDee style DMs. Both are frustrating.

>show actually does a good job of depicting a ttrpg game and the attraction of playing one
Regular Show a shit, Clarence is best cartoon

I FOR ONE AGREE.

Nerd blackface is still a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=4aNUuGOUreg

I made it to 2:08 and had to stop.
I've heard that show is the worst thing ever without ever seeing it up until now... That show is terrible.

Yes, but that's BBT, it's shitty, we all know it's shitty, and it's really the one thing the nerd communities across Reddit, Veeky Forums, Tumblr, and whatever other backcountry internet forum you hail from should unite in stamping out.

I really liked Community's d&d episodes (the second one was better)

The Dexter one was hilariously bad at depiction tabletop rpgs, but hilarious still and therefore a great episode.

>Implying Dexter wasn't the perfect representation of That Guy

>"Roll a 60-sided die"
>"We don't have one. All we got is a 58-sided die and 2 marbles"

Not word for word, but somewhere along those lines and I kek'd big time

Unpopular opinion time?

I don't mind things like Big Bang Theory and other "fake nerd" stuff due to the fact it made explaining my hobbies to my family and friends so much simpler.

>needing a shitty fox sitcom that revolves around nerd culture to explain your hobbies to family and friends

What the fuck is wrong with you? Your hobbies are your business unless someone else asks or might be interested.

You're worse than the actual fans because you're validating them.

It's a ridiculous hyperbole of anything "nerdy."

You are worse than Ernie.

I know it made me dream as a wee lad. That and the DnD playing in E.T.

>it's really the one thing the nerd communities across Reddit, Veeky Forums, Tumblr, and whatever other backcountry internet forum you hail from should unite in stamping out.

How? None of us watch it, so the producers aren't gonna care what we think.

It was for me

Most of us, pre 20~21 were still very immature and not self assured enough about their hobbies. I play tabletop since I was 15, and it wasn't until i was 21 and finished college that I really began not being self conscious about being a nerd and enjoying stuff unironically and not mind telling about it to people who ask, and dismissing those who didn't.

>Muh culture!
>Appropriation! Insensitivity!
There are other websites for this kind of trash. Can we, as a group, please agree to keep it there?

It certainly made me want to know more.

>should unite in stamping out
What the hell does that mean? Are you going to start a petition to end "Nerd Blackface?"

4th edition

Dropped.

The only thing from that episode that ever stuck with me was the image of that badass warrior Dexter wanted to play as.

That and DragonStrike.
Speaking of DragonStrike, if you've got half an hour to burn check THIS shit out: youtube.com/watch?v=FF1_IHliRhI
It's dorky as hell but a fun watch (in a B-movie kind of way) and along with the game is a pretty good introduction to RPGs.

Considering she went full-improv and 3 out of 4 players were way into what happened? She did pretty good for her first time. It helped me appreciate the different ways people enjoy the game, though.

Also the throw-away "dungeon-forest" gag inspired the hell out of 7-year-old me and even twenty years on (dear lord, has it been that long?!) I'm in love with that sort of imagery.

Nah, we just spam across Facebook about how bad it is, or how offensive it is to other random minorities that normies will defend, and basically get everyone to boycott it.

We could also do the same with Teen Titans Go and get Parents to stop kids from watching it in time for Infinity Train to release.

I'd course, this is coming from a guy that believes Veeky Forums could stop reacting to bait at some point, or stop being autistic, so it's really all wishful bullshit that probably wouldn't work.

The Big Bang Theory is my favorite current sitcom.
Of course, that's a bit like saying the sliver in my palm is my favorite current sliver.

Nothing on TBBT has ever made me laugh harder than anons on here that try to explain their hatred of it beyond:
1. It makes fun of my interests! Inaccurately!
2. It is a sitcom.

I have been watching tv for several decades.
I have seen more sitcoms than I can possibly count.
I remember far more of them than I wish I did.
And I would have trouble filling a top ten list of best sitcoms from that time.

Sitcoms are terribleness with brief moments of humor.
Pretending that a sitcom that makes fun of nerds is somehow worse is pathetic.
Hilariously so.

What does Teen Titans Go! have to do with anything? I know /co/ has a huge hate-boner for it, but why should CAN stop showing it? It's very successful.

Hm... would you like to see the motto of Go writers towards fans of the old show/adults who watch cartoons?

It's very simple, simply close your hands into a fist, extend the middle finger, and point it towards anyone who says they liked [show from the mid-2000's]

I'm not even kidding, these guys give Family Guy a run for how much they hate their viewers and old fans, and express such through the episodes.

/co/ rant over. Feel free to ignore.

They have an episode where they say the original was better, but I guess maybe they thought they were masters of reverse psychology and somehow admitting to being shit would make people think they're not?

No, it was quite literally an episode designed to say fuck you to critics.

The episode goes like this:

1. Control Freak spouts bullshit about him rebooting the universe to be more powerful.
2. Titans proceed to ignore him once they realize they have viewers, and start breaking the 4th wall.
3. They then proceed to do deliberately do everything the critics said was wrong with the show, as obnoxiously as possible, fully aware of their audience.
4. Writer releases a public announcement that he would be doing a great disservice to the children watching the show by attempting to treat them as intelligent.

It's kind of like Hanging a Lampshade on it.
Point out your flaws so your audience doesn't need to.
Never really works.

Got a link to the writer comment?

"kids are dumb" is of course the worst argument for anything...

I recall there were people clutching pearls over Frozen "but girls will think they need to marry to have value" but then "no they're too dumb to get the rest of the movie showing that is a bad idea and how charming people can be shit underneath"...

Still searching, but in the meantime, here's another interview with the guy about an episode they made when people said the show wasn't "serious enough."

cbr.com/teen-titans-go-producer-revels-in-stupidity-of-young-justice-crossover/

I mean it was a perfect depiction of a bunch of kids who don't actually understand the rules properly trying to run a D&D game.

I feel bad that people are shitting on you because this was actually my experience. I wanted my family to try some stuff and suggested Catan as a good starter and part of the motivation on their end was "Haha, it's just like Big Bang Theory." They liked it and it opened the door to them being willing to understand and try out other tabletop hobby stuff. I'm still not a fan of the show of course, but it can have some upsides.

Okay, made it through. Two bits that were mildly amusing for five minutes of sitcom is actually not so bad, all things considered.

Is this copypasta? I don't go to /tv/.

>Is this copypasta? I don't go to /tv/.
Nope, and neither do I.
Although, I did say something similar once (without citing my "experience") in a thread where someone posted a supposedly revealing clip of the show with the laughs removed.
As if any show where the actors paused for laughter would be any different with stretches of awkward silence introduced.
Admittedly, that thread was much worse than this one, with copious amounts of champions decrying nerd blackface.
Like these:
Only more passionate and serious.