Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1410: Attack On Mongols Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dG2gfPfR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So we're officially so high in the thread count that we can make history jokes in the edition name. To get the ball rolling, you guys ever make history?

Posting the version with the belt import/merge and the canon companion option.

Jumpers!
Tell me about your works of art!
Your paintings, symphonies, grand architectures, and decorative knick-knacks!

Have any of you decided to, instead of making jumps with the documents, use them as a base to write full-blown stories of the setting in question? If you did, how well do you think you did, and would you do more?

Yeah. in Generic Video Game Developer. I used that one Duplication perk from Teen Titans to make a clone that would actually make video games, or at least work towards making them, while I went off to some other part of the sector, transformed into my NGE Angel alt form, and used a variety of other perks to set myself up as a alien wandering the universe, singing a song that ended up being picked up by the people of Earth. They communicated back, I came to Earth, made First Contact, and began helping humanity in various ways, including making peace between the US and the Soviet Union and helping mankind advance tech wise, plus giving them Green Tech so they could not only clean up pollution/trash, but create energy from it. This was in the 70's, and I took that one time extension drawback, so I ended up being humanity's alien friend from the 70's to the 2030's. By the time I left, the world was in a state of peace and prosperity, with a bright future ahead of them.

Oh, also, my clone ended up becoming part of Atlus when it formed, and because of that and the fact that he took the Drop In/Designer background/perks, Atlus became known for making not only really hard games, but games with excellent stories as well.

My current chain is based around music, so I tend to make a lot of awesome symphonies and songs. The one I'm most proud of was one I made in Madoka Magica, which I infused with the concept of Hope thanks to the capstone for Great Artist from the Greek Myth jump. I worked on it for three years, and when I finally presented it, it was grand enough that it allowed Madoka to temporarily manifest and wave to the audience, much to their awe.

Homura later came to me and told me she was in the audience. She said I did a good job, and her eyes seemed a little puffy. Seeing Madoka again hurt, but it also gave her renewed resolve. I think it ended up helping her, in the end.

I did similar.
I tend to make characters for roleplay things, sometimes crossovers, so I "balance out" what to give them by using the appropriate jump as a basis and often adjusting it (usually just by lowering point gain or deliberately buying perks that are thematic but unrelated to the background of the character)
So I tend to build my characters using jumps as the guidelines
It's worked strangely well, I've done so for kingdom hearts, megaman, super robot wars OG and chroma squad OCs and they've turned out pretty fair

Um, what exactly do you mean?

Speaking of which...

Greek Myth Jump 091:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Legendary [+000]
Echo [+100]
Achilles Heel [+200]
Fucking Heracles [+200]
Ten Labors [+300]
Origin: Great Artist
Perks:
Genius of the Art (Invention) [Free]
Automation [-200]
Microcosm [-300]
Demigod [-500]
Gear:
The Muses [Free]
Library of Dedalus [-200]

Companions (Ranma, Marcus, Ryoga, Misaka Worst, Sabo, Kazuma, & Yumi) [-600]

So, I was going to do this long thing where I invented things that could invent things. Automation and bronze hands flowing forth so as to make hundreds of metal men who aided in the creation of several artifacts. Improvements upon the entirety of my various arms and armor. I was going to on and on about the fact that Ranma and I were children of Apollo and with our father's clarity of vision I crafted wonders that hinted at civilizations yet to come, in their own subtle way. I could talk about the beast that we brought with us, of monsters born of it's very existence. In truth I could say many things, but all of my efforts were for naught and though my footnote in histories chapters was sizable it was still just that, a footnote in Heracles' legend.

For my Ten Labors he had Thirteen. For every innovation of industrial technique and genius I managed to make look right for the times he had a moment of brillance that held the vaule of human lives. Monsters prevented by my actions were small in comparison to his saving the locals from beast dozens of size the newborns I'd spared Greece. Very rarely is genius celebrated in the artist's lifetime, so I grinned and humbly continued forward but even that was tarnished by the ineffable nature of Heracles. I could go on but I doubt you wisht to hear the rant.

In this and others I have been an inventor but I have a fondness for painting actually. It has to do with the fact that the activity was used for my AA therapy exercise.(Refer to my Once Upon a Time Jump if you're interested in the story there)

Kiva always seemed weird to me.

It's always felt kind of like an attempt at a J-drama Den-O, since most of the gimmicks are similar save for the emphasis on romance and the past

Gaunlet! How goes Kamigawa?

Anyone have recommendations to prepare for the Special Human drawback in The God of High School?

It's funny how y'all complain about "Mary Sues" and then put out jumps like this.

Get some hax, equivalent power-levels, and some decent survival perks.

A man cannot hate that which is not in himself.

>He says while ignoring half of human history.

Rolled 1 (1d8)

Jump 199 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
pastebin.com/dG2gfPfR
Highlights include school again, shipping Merope Gaunt off to america to live or die far from abusive relatives and prospective victims, never to conceive Tom Riddle. Killing Grindlewald, hunting Nazis and crafting.
Continue
1 Stranger Things
2 Masters of Red
3 SCP
4 Sonichu
5 Full Metal Alchemist
6 Beelzebub
7 The Matrix
8 Samurai Deeper Kyo

Stranger Things. I should probably watch that at some point.
I'll need a new 1.

I've never designed buildings, but I have been a pretty avid writer in my own chain. Truly a shocker, I know. At first it was just a journal to keep notes for my own amusement. Basic, short paragraphs about what I had been doing or where I had been hastily scribbled in whatever dollar store notebook I had recently picked up. It was a way to decompress from events.

It wasn't until the years we spent in the middle of the Great Northern Forest in Mononokehime that I decided to focus a little more on my writing. Some are short, like the forty page reference guide titled "The Last of their Kind" which detailed the life of the Emishi people which I wrote with the massively detailed memories I obtained for that Jump. Others are quite a bit longer. "This Complete History of Ooo" was written during my years of Adventure Time after I spent most of three years visiting ruins, interviewing people, and gathering information from across the world. Some were more frivolous. "The Times Between" was also written during Adventure Time and was never meant to be published. It was a sketchbook I filled with drawings of the various people and creatures of Ooo, though large chunks of it were devoted to Marceline, with short stories or poems written into the blank spaces.

Of course, now that I'm finishing up my years in Steven Universe, I'm feverishly trying to collect and write down the wide variety of songs that have been sung my everybody over the years. Thankfully the vampire queen herself taught me how to write music down. I'm not sure what to call the collection yet. It will include several of my own songs, though technically Raven wrote those down.

... And I've rambled on far too long. Sorry guys.

HSDK. Also, shit, that's a lot of items.

It's the same reason dolls are creepy. They're mostly like you, but not completely, and that's creepier and more hateful than being completely unlike you.

HSDK? Yeah, well I had time. Then the items all get fused together due to cheatyface bullshit. It's fun. Heck, I don't even have a use for most of it other than to satisfy my ooh that's neat urges.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

ah, queued.

Changelog

Ver 0.7
Posted to thread for assessment once again. Nerfed Survived The Jump, added I Love My Dead Gay Son!

As usual, will upload this if no one can see any flaws in it.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Greek Mythology was great for this
My ten labors were all about crafting. One labor had me build a huge lighthouse in only a year that could wether the might of a raging sea monster!

The final labor was to write a grand, comedic play starring the gods that didn't piss them off. I did this by casting them as protags and staying away from some of the worst shit they did.

Said play actually proceeded to become hailed as a great and mythical classic, and became extensively studied.

...Although you know like how modern scholars will reach hard for a meaning that isn't there? Yeah, somehow the modern scholars kept trying to find meaning that isn't there.

What Jumps have perks for combining different types of technology? I know Warframe does but that 600 price tag is pricey considering everything else I want in that jump.

Jump #282: Kamen Rider Heisei, Part 7
>King of Cups: Great maturity, endless patience, tolerance of other points of view, and a deep knowledge of human nature. One who intuitively knows the strengths of those around him, and gently cultivates them.
This is everything that I intend to be, especially with this arc. I'll do my best to live up to it.
>Location: Tokyo, 2007
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Time Trippin' Ride (0), Jumper FAKE (+200), Once Again, The Worlds Have Connected (+600)
So not only do I have this guy plotting my downfall... and what IS his deal, anyways?... but he's also found a way to ensure that enemies can get a piece of my power regularly! Granted, this USUALLY isn't too dangerous, but I swear, if it starts raining blood because some monster botched their Perils Of The Warp roll... well, no, I'll get blamed for THAT as well.
>Just Passing Through (Free, Drop-In)
I may just be a guy on vacation, but it doesn't mean I can't blend in with the locals, right?
>Don't Forget It (Free, Drop-In)
Photography! It's too bad that I can't really detect people who don't belong without taking pictures.
>The Shining Sagas (1700, Drop-In)
So when I want the camera to be on me, I can more easily be recognized to play the role of hero or villain. I can imagine this is going to be handy.
>Treasures Are Irreplacable (1600, Drop-In)
Come on, is there any jumper that is NOT at least occasionally a kleptomaniac?
>In My Sights (1400, Drop-In)
I don't really plan on using this here, at least not TOO much, but... yeah. Infinite worlds, infinite treasures, why do you think I kept the portal gun from Rick and Morty?
>This Is The End (1100, Drop-In)
I already have a count down to the apocalypse, but something like this will help be more specific in many ways.
>Singularity Point (500)
Time travel is such a hassle. It's nice to not have to worry about being erased from history. And to be there to help put things back where they belong.

I just finished working on something I call the Ten Dragon Crown, binding the souls of ten dragons into gems on a crown as it sucks out their power to keep them bound. Their power is siphoned into the wearer, the only being they can speak to is the wearer.

I've heard stories of authors telling people that some lines were only there as descriptive, nothing more, and people will argue back that it meant something more.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you do that?

Once again, a 300 point gratuity for buying items. Quite helpful.
>Time Trippin' Ride (700)
I've been doing my best to make sure everything fits on the same belt, no reason to change that, right?
>J-Touch (400, Drop-In)
Summon alternate forms? 'Final Ride' form? I like the sound of this.
>Den-O Driver (Free, Singularity)
And onto the Super Shiny Belt O' Doom you go! ...you know, I should probably not call it that, maybe this is part of why Narutaki has it out for me? Naaaah.
>DenGasher (Free, Singularity)
It makes for a nice saber, really.
>Climax Cellophone J-Taros (0)
Climax form, eh? Another Final Form to add. Rather than being a mishmash of Rider forms, I can have them all simultaneously. Where do I sign?
>Imagin: Tin (Free, Singularity)
I may have only one form, but that's all right, it's quite fitting.

>Nine years later:
>"Damn you, Crux!"
"... *sigh* Hello again, Narutaki. Shouldn't you be cursing Decade? Or have you finally gotten over that self-hatred?"
>"Nine years! Nine worlds! You're going to destroy it all, just for the sake of more power!"
"Coming here and interrupting my lunch, I swear to- look, the Rider War never happened because you were too much of a prick and I was unwilling to kill everyone-"
>"You killed them all!"
"-and so I short-circuited your time travel bullshit, which doesn't mean they're dead, it means THEY NEVER CAME HERE-"

What. No way, no one would actually do that.

>"You're going to kill everyone! Destroy the ten worlds!"
"-AND COULDN'T HAVE DIED BECAUSE THEY NEVER CAME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE-"
>"They were here, then you went back in time and erased them!"
"-MOTHERFUCKER YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO GRASP OF HOW TIME TRAVEL WORKS-"
>"You infiltrated every world, brought them together when they were never meant to be!"
"-AND I SWEAR I'M GONNA PUT YOU OVER MY KNEE AND LEARN YOU, BOY."
>"You're a madman! But I've brought them all back together, they'll destroy you and the ten worlds will be safe!"
"... do not EVEN tell me that you are starting a Rider War for the FIFTH TIME. Shouldn't you be out fishing or something, in that outfit?"
>"At least Decade was only going to destroy worlds, you'll destroy the whole universe!"
"Multiverse, you mentally-challenged failure at physics. You know what, to hell with you and this entire masquerade. I have been MORE than patient, I've fought these stupid wars, we've seen cities levelled and I've had to undo the damage because you are that much of a prick. I'm going to go out there, wearing THE SAME FACE I HAVE WORN FOR THE LAST ALMOST SEVENTY YEARS-"
>"Changeling! Infiltrator!"
"-FUCK YOU, I EARNED MY POSITION IN THE TOKYO METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT!"
>"He'll kill us all!"
"Oh my GOD, do you even LISTEN to yourself? HEY. You people. You know me, of course. Kamen Rider Crux? Depending on when you know me from, police inspector? Eventually deputy superintendent-general? Yes? Why are you listening to THIS GUY, when I've done nothing but protect the innocent for as long as I've lived here?"
>"It's a trick!"
"It's a trick, he says. I'm retired! I'm in my sixties! If I was going to destroy anything I would have done it long ago!"
>"Attack him! Don't let him get away!"
"Get away? I'm going to go back inside my home. I'm going to sit back down and enjoy lunch with my wife. And you, all of you, should feel ashamed of yourselves for ganging up on an old man."

Of course, they attacked immediately.

Lots of necromancy, lots of enchanting, summoning spells, a bunch of tech used to make giant gems that I inscribe then shrink that act as soul gems, an orihalcum crown, and a focus gem made of aetheryte. Plus magic enhancers, wantto see my combo for enchanting?

>You mentally-challenged failure at physics.
>I'M GONNA PUT YOU OVER MY KNEE AND LEARN YOU, BOY!
>Shouldn't you be out fishing or something...

Crux, I can only laugh so hard before I break a rib.

And then you kicked their stupid, old-man-attacking asses?

True story.
A teacher was talking about the deeper meaning of a line in a book. When a kid said it wasn't, the teacher said he was wrong. So the kid got his father, the author of the book, to come in to tell the teacher that it was just a description to paint an image. The teacher called him a liar.

Never understatement how stupid and stubborn people can get.
You can look at the Cold War and North Korea for prime examples of that.

And then I kicked their stupid, old-man-attacking asses.

This didn't exactly help them believe that I wasn't going to destroy anything, because CLEARLY if I'm an old man and THAT strong, I MUST be the villain of the series arc! God, so frustrating.

>combo for enchanting
Oh, that sounds interesting! What's the combo?

>wantto see my combo for enchanting

>The fucking author of the book tells the teacher it was just a description
>The teacher called him a liar
God damn it, really. That's so stupid.

Is there any perks that make spells cast near instant?

If you buy the right combination of perks in Marvel, can you actually build tech you learned how to make there and have it work in future jumps? Because some of that stuff is the kind of stupid shit that would normally need fiat to keep working.

Its a bit out of date because I havent been updating it in a while, I have a lot more magic available now. But here is what I use when enchanting.

I also like to create armor for abominations or make NOT!witchblades for people by tossing in symbiote like nanobots I turned into magic. Enchanting is fun.

Real eater (medaka) + retro engineer (mcu)+ Altocrystarium fftype 0 + = retro magic engineer

Retro magic + maker (darksiders) + guru (chrono trigger) + arcane (smite) + valka (bammer saga) + wizard/with (discworld)(maybe helpful?) + cauldron of 8 trigrams (item)(journey to the west) + creationists eye (bayonetta) = break down enchanted items and study how the magic works

Enchanting (elder scrolls) + enchanter (faery tail) + enchantment (dragon age) + gift of thousand master (negima) + eye of set (item)(sword n sorcery) + refined spellcasting (dresden) + child of magic (bbc merlin) + valka ( banner saga)= take enchantments learned and apply them to other items at a massive increase in power

Above combo + Plug N Play from neo heisei to use items of similar power instead of standard ingredients + Ring of erlu from overlord to cast any magic 1 time per day for free + dark wisdom from overlord to use any magic via another settings system+ abyss of magic from overlord = super easy to enchant anything and even overcharge the enchantment to make it super powerful.

Add in the ability to cast magic over time instead of at one time for further boost from masters of magic.

There's an item in Lost Odyssey called Rose Quartz that allows you to cast any spell in twenty seconds or less. Any spell that already takes less time then that is cast instantly.

Sorry at work right now. As it were I'm working on Items and Drawbacks, trying to figure out some stuff with the Races as well. Having to read through the lot of the books.

Using magic system combining perks to get access to quicken effects on everything works well.
There's also single use items in Overlord(anime) that can shortcut casting times to nearly nothing.

Wow, that's pretty impressive, user! Totally stealing this for future use.

Anything you ever want to do can be accomplished through studious and thorough abuse of enchantments. Its just a matter of how you go at it and how you apply it. Well, most everything.

Ah cool, thanks.

I know the Imagin background doesn't allow you to form contracts and hop back through time like in canon (because that would lead to all sorts of jumper bullshit time travel shenanigans). I've accepted that.

However I feel like I should point out that doesn't really stop people from acquiring those abilities through different methods.

The God of High School contains a purchasable power called Greed, allowing you to gain the abilities of those you defeat or kill. The only limit is that the powers absorbed cannot be too far beyond the user's own level.

So all it would take is for Jumper with this ability to kill an Imagin, then we have people pulling off timeline fuckery like they're the Reverse Flash.

>I've accepted that.
>entire post goes on about not accepting it.

You could apply this to really anything not available in any jumpdoc that's also in a series.
Interjump balance my dude. You can't account for out of jump shenanigans because it's literally impossible to cover them all.

Time doesn't work the same in all settings. So it won't work because you haven't gained the privilege to apply KR's temporal rules to other settings using CP.

and now you know the entire reason of why Valeria made God of High School.

Congraturaisin.

Enjoy omnipotence.

>Congraturaisin
Are you having a seizure?

Most likely a disturbance on the 4th Axis.

Your constant exaggeration and hatred for Valeria reminds me of someone.

I'm just pointing out a loophole I noticed.

I never said I was going to use the loophole myself.

500 CP says you're about to namedrop Red.

Greed is pretty crap though given that anyone you'd be able to beat wouldn't be contributing very much if you ate them.
Especially because if you gank someone above you it doesn't even work.
I wouldn't consider it as a path to omnipotence. There's better things in that jump.

This man has it.
For one thing, time is memory-based in Kamen Rider decade, and memories can preserve people who were killed in the past/retgone.
That's why the people fuckin murdered in Den-O get off scott free since things usually get undone by the Imagin's death and the people killed are just passengers on the Den-Liner until they're unfucked

>No one will notice the horse while you’re riding it.

As in they'll just see you sitting bow-legged on nothing as you move through thin air, or more of a pay-no-attention-to-just-how-I'm-flying effect?

Omnipotence has been attainable for awhile now, user.

Does that even matter? There are so many ways to get time travel in Jumpchain that it's not like this is some sort of incredible precedent or anything.

My personal favorite is being a Time Dragon in Forgotten Realms. Time Dragons can travel through time as far and as much as they want, the only limit being that they require a minimum of a few minutes of prep to do so. There you go, no limits time travel. Makes sense, too. You're a fucking Time Dragon.

Well it does cost resources to do it. The exact amount is undefined in the text, but it does cost more the farther you're going.

Imagin can only time jump once. So if you want a single jump, fine.

Yeah. The thing is, those unspecified resources are determined by the DM. But this is Jumpchain. There's no DM here to smack you upside the head for being a fucking munchkin. So you could wave the resources off as being completely negligible if you wanted to.

Speaking of Time Travel, is there some way to make using the Fifth Magic not end all of existence?

Sure. You just have to remember that Nasu doesn't know what entropy is and that, as written, it's actually completely fine.

Im debating on whether I should buy Revelation class skill in servant supplement as I am not sure if I can activate it on my own or if it is random since it works on all parts of life.

Use the Fourth Magic to destroy the energy buildup.

Shunt the energy into an empty universe with the second.

Use Second Magic to transfer the energy to another universe. Or use that Energy Absorption power from the X-Men jump to absorb it and empower yourself.

user, there are many paths to omnipotence and Greed/Tam is not the most effective one. Or even one of the better ones. It requires a large number of settings each with suitable power curves for growing your strength. If the leaps between "tiers" in a setting are too large for example Greed won't do very much for you.

Even if you do it properly it would be really hard to get proper omnipotence though the use of Greed.

It's bullshit is through generation of heat, so have either Energy Absorption from X-Men Cinematic, or build a machine into your body that mimics it.

I already had something similar due to my own intense heat radiation so, just upgrading that is how I got around Fifth Magic.

What are some good serial killer themed perks and backgrounds?

>so have either Energy Absorption from X-Men Cinematic, or build a machine into your body that mimics it.
Yeah, but it's enough energy to fuck up the whole universe, right? That's a lot to absorb.

Better get practicing then.

God I hate Nasu some days.

That just means you'd have to kill as many Imagin as however many times you plan on time traveling.

WoD: Mortals, Slasher perktree. It has everything a serial killer could possibly want or need.

when exactly do you start in the magi jump?

There's a perk in Noblesse that lets you absorb an unlimited amount of energy. You can't use any more than you normally could, but if storing it is all you want it's great.

It mentions Amon, so I presume just before Alibaba and Aladdin enter the djinn's dungeon.

I'm not sure that would work, personally. You've still got the time travel power, it's just no longer usable. There'd be nothing new to absorb. But hey, if you want to use it like that, go ahead. Just promise me you'll have a proper time-tripping ride instead of just using time travel for something petty. Oh, and do remember that you can only travel as far back as someone you've made a contract with has lived, so if the setting doesn't have ancient immortals you're stuck fairly close to the present.

Could this be the limitless mana capacity perk that I have desired for so long?

No.

Are there any Warehouse attachments where I can plant and grow plants/crops? I know there's the Garden from Generic Xianxia, but I'm trying to keep relatively low key for now.

Seems like it, yeah.

God of War has a fairly nifty one, all told. Although what are your plans for the plants and crops?

Sort of. Like I said, you can't use more than normal, so you won't be able to store up for titanic super-spells. But if you just want to never run dry when casting normal spells, yes.

Well first you put some dirt in there, and then install some solar lights.
You shouldn't need more than that.

If you're way too lazy to do it yourself Atellier should have something unless I'm mixing jumps up in my head.

You really need more reaction images than just that single one.