I've been gaming for over 30 years now and it's STILL a sausage-fest

I've been gaming for over 30 years now and it's STILL a sausage-fest.

Why is that?

How do we encourage more women into gaming?

Did White Wolf have the right idea by making the writing address them?

Add more ways to make them feel like doing this would make them fit in, and more ways for this to make them feel attractive.

Those are the two motivations women have in life

Of all my hobbies tabletop gaming is the one with the most women... well RPGs anyway and it's often girls that ask me to run/arrange games.

In the case of every girl I know it's because of Community and not any initiative of the actual industry or community (small C).

So more Community i guess.

>350 replies omitted

The real question is how do we get more womyn into STEM?
Shill thread, saged

I agree with the other user, I'm part of a large group we have about 13 guys and 6 girls total, most of them didn't have an interest until they saw us playing.

So get out there and tell people rather than them coming to you, you'd be surprised how many people are into it

Instead of waiting for girls to play your game, why not find games girls play? Seems simple enough.

Been a while since I've seen this pasta.

You could at least try a different image next time.

> I've been gaming for over 30 years now and it's STILL a sausage-fest.
I fail to see how this is a problem.
>How do we encourage more women into gaming?
We shouldn't. What defines us is a love of a certain hobby, not race, gender, job, education or other tangential factors.
If a woman likes tabletop gaming, she will get into it regardless of encouragement. I find it amazing that people are incapable of understanding something as simple as this.

We don't have women because people like this exist.

When people like this kill themselves our hobby might be more normal and accepted.

Actually OP, YOUR games have been sausage fests.

There's a very easy fix for that: invite your female friends.

Get the nerds to start lifting

Most of the ones I've meet are into rpgs just to attention-whore. Also, 9 out of 10 times, players spergout becaus "gurl gamer".

Its just like 0.05% of the times that both the girl is not attention-whoring and male players can behave properly.

>drinking beer while playing RPGs
>eating tacos while playing RPGs
>no coasters

Oh I'm a newfag, is this a copypasta?

And in general, what the fuck is it with this mentality? Why do you need more people getting into your hobby in order to enjoy it?
It's like saying "How do we get more people to play videogames?" or "How do we get more people to read comics" - why the fuck do you care? Is your personal group somehow suffering because the global situation isn't all-inclusive? No, fuck you, enjoying a hobby is a personal affair, and you shouldn't drag global politics and statistics into it.
Here is me, and here is my group - and I simply don't fucking care what happens outside of it. Unlike a lot of other hobbies, we don't require specialized facilities in order to enjoy our hobby, and so even if the tabletop commercial industry isn't feeling well at the moment - I simply don't care, because I don't even need to buy anything - I get my inspiration from literally everywhere and I'm competent enough to write and understand my own systems. It's not like you can GM only if you buy "The Official© Rulebook by White Wizards of Steve Jackson Games" or something.
Is it somehow socially important that women in general feel gratified scratching pencils at their characters sheets or moving minis around the grid? No, it fucking isn't, it's just another hobby in the myriad of others, the only women you should care about are the ones you know personally - not on some generalized level like "they are women, I should put more women stuff into my campaign", but on a personal one like "Jane likes magic, so I should put more magic stuff into my campaign".

Long story short, fuck off. The hobby is feeling just fine without pandering to specific audiences.

>All this as a response to a pasta
Get a lot of this guy.

It's Veeky Forums, dude, I am contractually obligated to answer to bait seriously.

If Veeky Forums is going to shit, this mentality is why.

He's not wrong though.

Who cares. Women are just not gonna be interested in this the way men are and that's fine. I've played with a couple girls in my time and they were always really shitty at it and got bored very quickly.

My point is: stop trying too hard because you'll wind up shitting yourself like what happened with video games when they tried to shill so hard for "muh demographics". It won't work and all you do is devalue the game in the long run.

>How do we encourage more women into gaming?
The question is not how, but why
Why not let things exist organically? Women and men who want to play will do so. Fuck off with your social engineering utopian bullshit

Let individuals be individuals

As opposed to shitposting the thread to death? I mean, what's the fucking difference? I might as well feel smug and superior by venting and enjoying my anger on a mandalorian cave painting board while I'm at it.

this is the most true and sad thing ive read on Veeky Forums to date

oh how we fallen

That's part of the bait. If they were using good tabletop manners in that picture, the bait wouldn't be as strong, because it would make women seem like acceptable potential members of the community.

What Veeky Forums is supposed to do with bait threads is to derail them into something interesting.

By the way, have you ever wondered what the people in your reaction images are thinking when you use them?

>Hmm? What are you taking me out for, goshujin-sama? Oh, yes, you're using me! Thank you so much for organizing your reaction image folder so you could find me, goshujin-sama!
>W-wait, I've never been attached to a post like this... oh, you're talking about me? S-so embarassing!!