What are some of your favorite alchemical items / ideas for alchemical items, Veeky Forums?

What are some of your favorite alchemical items / ideas for alchemical items, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

shutterstock.com/image-photo/knight-eating-waffle-icecream-studio-shot-33103036?src=Bj3jcrW1tBiP0AvFEjKwzA-1-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Acid. Simple, effective, and versatile.

I've been thinking of some stuff for my setting wher Alchemy is the primary form of magic.

For example, those who know necromancy and Alchemy are able to create special items such as Dark Light Lanterns which are lanterns (or, in this case, flashlights) That can show the outline of spirts when you shine it on them, however, doing it for too long will degrade the lens.

Attraction/Repulsion bells made from Afterdust which is a substance chemically similar to salt which comprises the physical form of spirits and is left behind when they are banished or after they are summoned inside of a summoning circle, also used to make magical uppers and downers with.

Ignis balm which is a special oil that ignites when it struck by a special stone. typically used on weapons such as swords because the stone can be made part of the sheath and the sheath can be used to apply a coating of it onto the blade.

Fulgarium is a special alloy that can double the voltage of any electrical energy induced through it effectively creating lightning blades and shock batons.

Adamant Stacks are similar types of alloys like Fulgarium but can hold massive amounts of energy and discharge in a controlled manner making them great batteries although they come in heavy metal slabs.

acid substances, metal transmutation and euphoric gasses. maybe some magic variations of gunpowder for flashy stuff. nothing too spectacular but strong enough to make it dangerous.

one of my long-standing items is something called 'Coldfire Oil'. It's an oil you apply to an existing flame, changing it from creating warmth to cold.

The idea is that it was originally made to basically function as air conditioning and refrigeration 'tech' in a fantasy world, while still providing light like fire does, but it still possesses many of the hazard fires normally do, just with cold, it even 'burns' the fuel, turning the wood into a fragile ice that flakes away into a powdery snow, is capable of spreading if not contained, etc.

Also is a great way deal with fire elementals.

Yes, it does fuck with a lot of laws of thermodynamics, but it's one of those simple things that, in my head, allows for a lot of convenience for pre-modern fantasy folks.

A little blue potion that can restore an elders "youthful vigor" for a while.

I like this, a lot actually. I'm shamelessly stealing it.

lucid night
>Darkness will be perceived as bright light. On the other hand, sunlight will be seen as pitch dark.

botanical reversion
>rotting fruits and plants will grow back to a lifely fruit. If you wait long enough it will end as a seed again and then vanish

And very important:

stone of the fool
>turns gold into stone

>turns gold into stone

When would this be used?

Whenever there's a fool around. Also, when you want to do economic sabotage!

It would be a shame if it slipped in the money bag of a player

Alkahest Golem: the universal solvent problem solver

Cockaigne sauce
>Drop it over a mundane item and it will become edible

Afterlife potion
>You can leave your mortal shell behind and become a ghost. But you better return to your body before the effect wears off.

blooming rocks
>plants will turn into stone, but continue to grow

Memory tonic
>you are able to remember everything you possibly could, with the side effect of an enormous headache and nausea

Brabble fish serum
>everyhing you try to say comes out of your mouth as gibberish

Syringe of souls
>makes an object or a soulless body sentient for a while. As there is no giving without taking, the creation of a syringe may be of questionable morality

Liquid concepts are always fun.
>love
>fate
>warmth
>happiness
>smoothness
>light
>trigonometry

I have a list

>Bastrine
The nectar of the Swarmshrub is incredibly potent, but not as a poison. It is an addictive drug to insects, easily calling various pests to rip themselves and everything around them to pieces just to consume the nectar.

When alchemized with metal, it forms waxy Bastrine, better known as Plaguebite. This alchemical alloy has the same addictive scent to insects, but is inedible to them as they gather around in a swarm. On contact with Plaguebite, organic sweat and oils begin exuding the same scent. Those afflicted are quickly devoured by the swarm.

Merely wielding Plaguebite outside of an airtight sheath requires special net armor to protect oneself from the agitated and hungry swarm. That, or the complete extermination of all insects within a wide radius.

>Germen Glacies
Also known as Ice Flakes or Frostbite, Germen Glacies undergoes a chemical reaction on contact with water that consumes the mineral and instantly freezes the water. Commonly used as weapons and failsafes for high temperature machinery.

Germen Glacies are most commonly found in tundras, anywhere from a few centimeters under the permafrost to thin and spindly towers rising up in the barren landscape.
>Neutral Ectoplasm
Neutral Ectoplasm is an excellent medium for potions, far superior to standard solvents and gelatins at preserving ingredient potency without being harmful to the imbiber. It is not, however, generally accepted as moral to bind the spirits of the fallen and drain them of what little of their forms remain physical.

Furthermore, while the process to extract the malice out of ectoplasm is not much more difficult than obtaining the ectoplasm itself, accidentally imbibing ectoplasm still tainted by the emotions of a malevolent spirit can have....spooky consequences.

>trigonometry
what do you mean? example?

It's just liquid math, user, this shouldn't be difficult to understand.

>liquid math
am I missing something or why dont I get it?

Only High elves get this. GTFO, lowborn scum.

Once trolled a couple of my players by putting a flask labeled "Alchemists fire" in a treasure hoard for them to find and use.

[spoilers]Note that there is no possessive 's in "Alchemists". It sets fire to a number of alchemists in an area the second it's uncorked. Man was that interesting when they took it to an alchemist's shop to get appraised.[/spoiler]

I've a couple I use for my homebrew setting:

>Raw Humanity: A pitch substance found in trace amounts in human blood. Contact or being near it amplifies one's emotions to flare wildly, almost out of control. Ritualistically harvested among cultists, who turn it into various balms and potions.
>Hypnogogic Balm: Liquid sleep. Invokes the comfort of the fireplace on a winter's night, a primal warmth that tires, numbs, and pacifies. Can be applied or ingested for varying degrees of affect.
>Liquid Love: A liquid that evokes the same emotions of inner satisfaction and the desire to protect from people as a small child would. Cultists bathe in it to fill themselves with purpose before missions. Often called "Dead Baby Oil" because it can be thrown at someone to send them into an emotional panic as they try to keep the oil from spilling onto the ground, like a mother holding their mangled child.
>Spite: A notoriously painful poison. Not lethal, but incredibly incapacitating and torturous. Out of all the alchemic concoctions of Raw Humanity, this requires the most.

Hallucinogenic gas grenades, toss them into a crowd and watch shit get crazy

Philtre of Greasiness. -4 Charisma. You apply it to your enemies at court, of course.

Just have any ranged combat guy drink it, he gets to make one attack that bounces like a monarchs IOU.

Say what you will, but I firmly believe that Sovereign Glue is the most meme-tastic magic item in all of D&D.
So much prank potential!

I knew a guy in another thread who was addicted to drinking the stuff. Really sad.

Immovable rod that is locked relative to a fixed point in the universe

Smoke bombs
A liquid solution that contains the spore of a plant that can spread incredibly quickly and lash at living things (I plan to have enemy alchemists at the end of a dungeon use this on the party when they are desperate and cornered. PCs will have to juggle between attacking the alchemists and using wall torches and fire spells to get rid of the plant)
Various gases (explosive, poisonous, paralytic, confusion-inducing)
Good old explosive flasks

any basic alchemical item but custom fitted to an arrow or bolt shaft.
alchemist fire - long range fire starter.
thunderstone - longer range and more precise than throwing.
smokestick, holy water, acid etc.

Shrieking Paste.

It's paste that shrieks.

Nectar of a blossom from deaths realm

1 drop will temporarily kill you for ~6 seconds, letting your ghost do all those things ghosts do.
Go through walls, spy on people, interact (or combat) things on the ethereal plane, posses people (or objects) if you can beat a battle of wills.
Just be careful how many drops you take, as if your dead for too long, you might end up on the reapers to do list. (and it will depend on how busy he is, so it isn't predictable)

i bet thats very handy

I like the idea of gels in the Tales series games

1 find out how to turn gold into stone
2 sneak into the treasury of your rival state
3 ???
4 profit

If you eat a fruit, will you eventually be unfulfilled?

DId you tell them there was no apostrophe on the label? Or were you a dick?

Obviously the love potion wins, especially when it has a looooooong list of side effects.
Bonus round if it's vaporous, so you can use it as a grenade.

Why is this a stock photo that exists? Who in their right mind thought "You know what people will buy? A photo of a guy in chainmail eating a waffle."

You should look up Gummies in the Magical Vacation series.

(they're made of people)

Maybe because the original photo was NOT a stock, but then got 'shopped into one as part of the meme?

shutterstock.com/image-photo/knight-eating-waffle-icecream-studio-shot-33103036?src=Bj3jcrW1tBiP0AvFEjKwzA-1-10
Nope. Here is the shutterstock page.

>He thinks this is weird for a stock photo
Waffles fitting for a knight!
Even a knight would prefer our waffles over slaying dragons!
Noble Waffles - Wake the knight in you!

Should I continue with cheesy advertising slogans or you see where is this going?