sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
Let's discuss the arcana we're about to get! Who's hyped about the upcoming rules on feasting and expanded hunger mechanics?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAThreeSubclasses.pdf
dnd.wizards.com/articles-tags/unearthed-arcana
youtube.com/watch?v=GQDQrAolO3I#t=1h19m35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposting here.

Assuming the warlock has a 16 in Charisma at all levels, it would be

17, 17, and 34. Obviously, the 10 in this scenario is one level below when it gets its third beam. Which would be 25.5.

Of course, if we were to assume our warlock has a +5 modifier, it changes to

21, 21(31.5 at 11th level). and 42.

Gonna post it here aswell, see if I can get some more tips;

So, we have a SKT game coming up and one of our players is going to do a deep stalker ranger.
I got an idea to do a rogue1/deepstalkerX goblin sidekick, sort of a Igor to Frankenstein type of master-servant relationship.

Is this entirely retarded or feasible?
How the fuck should I go about building this little fucker?

I was thinking maybe doing a deep stalker 3/rogueX to differentiate from the other PC, and using melee as he is using ranged. Thoughts?

We have a cleric and that makes rations obsolete and negates any need to forage for food or water.

Food, Provisions, and Crafting!

I can't wait!

I'm surprised more people aren't worried that Wizards D&D financials are so lacking they can't even afford to print hard covers any more or hire writers/rule lawyers.

In that case, you'll LOVE the new rules about different kinds of diarrhea caused by eating exclusively goodberries.

WHERES THE UA AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'd like some non-garbage magic item crafting rules personally.

In about two hours, stop being an impatient child.

Create Food And Water breh

How did you come up with these numbers?

Alright thanks.

Now Bladelock with no extra attack, improved pact weapon and 16 CHA at 5 can do 1d10+5+1d4 from an ELEMENTAL WEAPON SPELL. People were talking shit about it being on there for Hexblades but it makes them good. At level 6 that doubles and it also has a +2 Attack that EB can't get. So level 5, 13 and 26 at 6.

Level 10 rolls around we have 1d10+10+2d4 all done 2 times with a +4 Attack EB doesn't get. So that comes to 41 damage with a pretty big Attack boost.

Level 20 we have 1d10+11+3d4 done two times with a total Attack bonus of +16. So an Average damage of 48.

With a Charisma of 20 they get +1 damage per attack obviously.

I know this requires a whopping 3 invocations and one isn't needed to 6 and another to 9 but that's the price of better damage. Also yes you have to use a spellslot. Point is it does more damage and has a total of +6 Attack EB can't get.

Put a Quarterstaff and PAM in and shit gets even more funky.

By taking the average?

Magic Induced Diarrhea, much like only eating icecream, only eating magical food has nasty side effects on your intestines

Help me decide, anons. I'm playing a paladin and I'm coming up on level 8, with the Oath of Devotion. So far I have 18 str, 16 charisma, Sentinel feat and Halberd master feat. Should I go for 20 str or Great Weapon Master?

Our DM threw a fight at us that she knew we couldn't win (for stupid reasons, that's beside the point), and then had the enemies retreat when we were almost dead, though we'd killed a few of them. We received 159xp each (having earned 59xp after splitting it 7 ways, then 100xp from DM fiat). The fight took two hours to get to that point.

Later, three of us made attacks for minimal damage against a banshee, with the DMPC (who is a level higher than us) doing almost all the damage. We received 600xp for us three, and the DMPC got 600xp. The fight took about 5 minutes to resolve.

Ignoring the obvious >DMPC, not even once, and >female DM, is it a reasonable decision to give such minimal amounts of XP for such a massive battle that she knew we couldn't win, and then masses of XP for some of us when she did most of the work herself?

20 strength.

Ask yourself this - are you hitting enemies reliably enough? Do you want +1 to attack and damage, or do you want huge damage bonus, but greatly reduced accuracy?

>using XP

What method do you prefer, random level ups after milestones, or day by day?

XP has nothing to do with how much work you did, it should depend on how challenging your enemies are, and how many of you are there.

Milestone levels work a bit better in my opinion.

It lets you balance encounters however you please, rather than having to worry about how XP would be distributed.

Milestones, just arbitrarily getting stronger because X days passed is dumb.

Just don't go full retard and give a level per session (Outside levels 1-2 or 3)

You can still use XP boundaries to map it even if you're not handing out XP.

It just seems off that we spent all that time planning strategy and such for such minimal gains, and then something the DM did essentially solo gave loads.

media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAThreeSubclasses.pdf
Drunken Master, Oath of Redemption, and Monster Hunter (now ranger)

Would you rather gotten the 600 from the big battle and the smaller amount from the small battle? You end up with the same amount so what's the big deal.

THis is it?

>Armour of Peace

NOOOOOOOOOOO this isn't real. this can't be.

>When you expect nothing but they still manage to disappoint you

The issue I have with milestones is that you can't really track smaller events unless you keep a personal count somewhere. There's less of a sense of achievement for achieving smaller goals.

>Oath of Redemption not about paladin redeeming self
lame

>Slayer's eye
>No rest-uses.
>It just fucking WERKS
Yes
I want this cancer.

To be fair a lot of clerics already have high ac similar to that

Alright. Monk and Paladin are shit but the Ranger one isn't too bad.

It doesn't feel like there are enough "Ranged Spell Attacks" to make Spell Sniper worth it.

I actually like this. Though I don't like paladin's fluff.

>Made Oathbreaker who was a pacifist healer bitch before going full coldsteel the hedgeheg
Neat, now I've got something to revert to if they stop being a murdering dick.

Give me one reason other then PAM for a Paladin to go Strength now.

Warlock spell level caps at 5 user. +2d4 damage is the most you get out of Elemental Weapon.

In any case, you're using Hexblade curse so it's good nova against a single target per short rest whereas EB works all day every day.

PS with a spell slot (Hex) the damage on EB @CHA16 is 21 at 5th and 31.5 at 11th. But if we're truly optimizing DPR, you'd likely use Darkness + Devil's Sight rather than Hex.

Committing invocations and feats, Hexblade patron does more damage meleeing than EBing. There's no surprise here.

Doesn't compare to Sorlock.

Because they're playing any of the other oaths
Oath of Redemption with one monk level fully benefits from martial arts, letting you Quarterstaff with Dex and PAM anyways

Easier multiclassing.

How's it Cancer? It's following the same set up that the Horizon Walker and Primeval Guardian did with it's first ability

To be strong. Finesse weapons aren't all that great

>Drunken Master

MY BODY IS READY

I quite like the flavor and such of the Drunken Master.

>Drunken Master was your favorite PrC
>it gets FUCKING NOTHING
>no drink based fire breath or AC bonuses
>no abilities to run over difficult terrain or on walls to flip

REEEEEEEE

IT'S SO SPARSE

I think having 21 AC, better saves, better skills and better initiative is worth changing your 2 x 2d6+5 to 2 x 1d8+7 and means you can hit three times doing 1d8+7 twice then 1d4+7 with PAM.

>Mystic so non-canon
>Druid so it's fine since it's a caster
this is from a martial. That's not fine and it's OP it can just demand the stat block.

>AC bonuses
You already get that.
You already get that.

dnd.wizards.com/articles-tags/unearthed-arcana

Hey guys any advice on playing monk in 5e?

>Mystic so non-canon
Is it you again, you mouthbreathing retard?

>drink based fire breath

Isn't there a potion for that

>The ranger, master of nature and relying on years of experience with a favored enemy, using the subclass that is entirely focused on hunting the most dangerous prey and mastering them
>Fuck you (half) martial, you don't get to KNOW things about the monster!
Cuck off

>pop in to reply about how they finally made a proper Paladin oath that does the shit a Paladin is supposed to do
>people are already poo-pooing it because it isn't another edgy crusader-styled WoW-inspired grimfest
how about fuck you

so why does the couatl in area 42 of the Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan lie to the party about there being toxic gas? aren't they supoposed to never lie?

Not based on drinks. It's supposed to be like Jackie Chan's drunken master where you literally drink and have to balance it.

I'm okay with the flavour, I think the armor thingy is a bit OP and the "I take damage instead of you".

>Paladin oath that's all about doing good, bringing out the best in others, and suffering in their stead and it doesn't have baggage with nature hippie shit or muh kingdom
My dick
>Unarmored Paladin
MY DIIIIIICK

3.0 Drunk Master BEST

Dex > Wis > Con
Use weapons on your first few levels.
Way of the Open Hand.

All ASIs go to stats. Maybe Mobile if you can spare it.

How about you eat a bag of shit, and then re-read my post, you illiterate cumguzzler?

>Abloo abloo it's fine to bypass clever DM'ing and descriptions because I'm a martiiiialll!!!
>Even if I get halfspells which are Op and no downsides for it (lold10hp)
No YOU cuck off!

Thanks man

bruh
Monks already do this
they have enough movement to just JUMP over obstacles
nothing stops you from saying you're running along a wall or backflipping
your level 9 movement explicitly lets you run up sheer surfaces or across water
and you don't need a class feature to let you go Last Hurrah for Chivalry on suckers
youtube.com/watch?v=GQDQrAolO3I#t=1h19m35

I've been saving this picture just in case you show your ugly mug again.

Stay away from Wot4E unless using the reworked version floating around. Main thing you'll be doing is focusing on mobility to get to enemy back line. Focus casters and ranged enemies, open hand is really solid, shadow monk is rogue style with some nice stealth capability and Wot4E is one of the few if only trap options in 5e.

Haven't checked out, or played, the UA monks so it'll be up to your DM if they'll even allow those options.

>either "I don't like the fluff" which refers to the fact that the class is about redeeming others
>or "wah it's not about redeeming yourself" which also refers to the fact that the class is about redeeming others
Very unpaladinly behavior, son.

Fucking this, I want some 'your entire life's work, requires lvl 18' Artificer formulas, like a Philosopher's Stone or something. Alchemist Artificers are glorified parlor magicians/pyrotechnics roadies right now and it passes me off.

Cool I'll see what he says

>been playing monster hunter fighter
>monster slayer ranger is released

>can store booze in yourself and convert it to cure or spit fire
>can drunkenly charge over things and headbutt stun or fall prone
>bottles and chairs do bonus damage
>you get to sway your hips for bonus AC

kek

Yeah this is way better. Gonna comment on the UA to have it more like this.

>"Clever DMing" is stacking nonsensical resistances and caveats on statblocks
>Knowing a handful of game statistics invalidates the DM's describing monsters when a player's character is a supreme expert of monster hunting
>RANGER SPELLCASTING IS OP
What strange alternate universe are you from? In this timeline, the only time Rangers were notable was in 4e where they were non-casters.

>b-b-bu-buuuuuh bUUUUU-BUHHHHHH M--MUUUUUH!!! THREEE DOOOOOOT FIFFF!!!
4e had martials using magic, why dont' martials use magic? Hurr durff.
This is your logic, retard. KYS

all of you should kys yourself

no you kiss your shelf

Hi there autist and shitty DM, come to where I BTFO all of you, multiple times and I explain IN DEPTH why I'm right and you're a fucking retard, and to boot that why this kind of ability IS OP and I would just ignore it or not give the full list, since that would be bad DMing AND metagaming.

Anyone have any input on this?

>take the Ranger archetype on a Fighter instead
>the Monster Slayer spell list is replaced with "you can cast each spell once per long rest"
??????????????? shit's easy, user

>Monster Slayer

Is it finally time?

Become fhe MONSTER SLAYER

That.. that's not advice at all.

Why you're right about what? Why the hell are you calling something "OP" if you say it's useless compared to your superior Viet-Cong tactics and problem solving skills?
How is it metagaming when you glean the information from personal knowledge and the ranger is using his character's knowledge?

Eldritch blast from like 600 feet is where the money is at

She's more of a horizon walker in my opinion.

Now that you mention it, you're right.

>WH-why is OP to be able to do something someone else does roleplaying without having to think at all and just demanding it?!?!?!
Jesus fuck you're SOOOO dumb kid.
Go be a metagamer somewhere else, fucking D&D muh balance retards.

>Redemption Paladin
>the party's wagon is now a wagon train with a guardsman hench and a large cage on each
>every trip to a dungeon or adventure area requries the party to return to civilization to offload its prisoners to the authorities

I'm fine with the power but he should at least have to make like a Knowledge Monster check or something.

Insta ID is some Naruto sharingan bullshit. Like an extra planar creature he's NEVER seen, he knows the weakness and immunity somehow.

Redemption Paladin can just club women to 0 HP and then they're charmed n o s a v e and have to obey him.

HAREM PALADIN

TIME FOR BLOWJAYS

>he doesn't have Monster Info Cards
Right series, wrong power.

>Why does the Barbarian get bonuses to raging while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Bard play magical music while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Cleric get divine intervention while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Druid get to turn into an animal while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Fighter get to knock people around with his attacks while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Monk get to fight unarmed and unarmored while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Mystic get mind powers while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Paladin get to smite evil while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Ranger get to identify enemies while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Rogue get a sneak attack bnus while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Sorcerer get to cast inborn magic while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Warlock get to have an imp pet while others have to RP it out?!
>Why does the Wizard gets to automatically copy spells but others have to RP it out?!
News flash: The purpose of class features is to grant abilities that you didn't already have, or to improve your capabilities in something you did

>no Alchemist

I agree with this; either some sort of check or saving throw to gain SOME information, like "Wis mod resistances or weaknesses" or "How to stop regeneration" and keep the combat mark mechanic. That way they need to observe it for a while and spend action economy on the study, but keep the combat feature, and have a guaranteed way to do it (since without it DM fiat probably makes the party bard and rogue better at the abritrary knowledge checks)

That's how you become a blackguard.

Are lizardfolk any good?

Shit, I forgot.
>Why does the Artificer get GUN and robot blowjobs but other have to RP it out?!