>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J4TO57l0
youtube.com/watch?v=tf5ZipT6IPY
youtube.com/watch?v=EH_6K-vhF3I
ponoko.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My friends and I have played a few games now with the experimental rules and so far we've had nothing but good experiences.
Although we've skipped on using the streamlined ground combat. both because negating bombardment is dumb and because we feel like we get faster at resolving ground combat every game.

What kind of tactics work best for the UCM? Playing mostly against Portland and Scourge my instinct is always to stay back at range but that doesn't seem to actually work. Should I be getting in to close turning fights with PHR? The number of bombers they can field scares the crop out of me, I'm not sure I can take enough Jakartas to deal with it when I close.

>Autocorrect changes PHR to Portland

Ah shit

Depends what you have. PHR tend to rely on their stuff being tough as shit and catching them with a few burnthrough hits becomes all that much easier.

I definitely need to field more BTLs, only have the Berlin and Beijing at the moment. In the process of building a St. Pete now that they got buffed and waiting for my Saratoga pair to arrive.

>pair
>not trio

There's probably a better way to streamline ground combat than what was offered; ditching the bombardment restriction entirely might serve. Throw in only having ground combat on scoring turns, something like that.

>Throw in only having ground combat on scoring turns, something like that.
I honestly like that, it feels very cinematic.

>turns 1-3
Initial deployment of ground forces, securing uncontested ground, and maneuvering into position
>turn 4
Initial conflict/engagement, ground forces begin their missions and attack enemy positions
>turn 5
Regroup and prepare for counter attacks
>turn 6
Counter attack and/or follow up to initial engagement; clean up, mop up, and rush for any possible objectives.

>quick! gate in some infantry!

>tfw it's dead quiet on the wire
Night patrol, someone post a BatRep or something.

Got the UCM starter for Dropfleet, was wondering what ships would be good to learn the game on that the box could make.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with what the box shows you. Moscow, Berlin, Seattle, 2 Toulon, 2 New Orleans.

Personally, if I was trying to minmax it, I'd go for 2 New Cairo, Seattle, 2 Lima, and 2 New Orleans.

That'd cover most of your bases for "important" UCM ships while also still being effective in such a small game size.

Honestly? Follow the box's suggestions. A berlin, Seattle and a moscow along with 2 toulons and 2 new orleans will teach you pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J4TO57l0
grabbed the first video that caught my eye. lets all figure out if this channel is worth a shit together, eh?

Here's some guys playing Moonshot
youtube.com/watch?v=tf5ZipT6IPY

>4 minutes in
>they already confused the Amber for the Obsidian
rip

Huh, those model exchange gubbins actually look pretty cool. I wonder how they'd look on clear square bases, rather than Hawk's circular ones.

Speaking of videos

youtube.com/watch?v=EH_6K-vhF3I

Progress on the UCMS Brisbane-class destroyer Taikartio

They do look really handy. I'm looking to grab a set for my larger cruisers and battleship as soon as I have the income to afford the butt-shattering shipping from the UK.

Oh lord, you were magical paint job man all along. Aside from the flat snubnose, that's a snazzy looking ship now.

>I'm looking to grab a set for my larger cruisers and battleship as soon as I have the income to afford the butt-shattering shipping from the UK.
Save your money and just buy in bulk, senpai. Paying a hundred pounds in ships now will be cheaper than paying 50 pounds + shipping twice.

Personally, I'm thinking of using link related to make custom shit for my ships; tokens, bases, etc etc. Depending on the prices, I think it'll work out pretty well.
ponoko.com/

Of course, it all depends on how good or not they end up being. I'll post pics when I finally get around to getting it done.

I really like your pattern. Pops well, and I do love white UCMs. Clearly, our fleets need to duel for honor.

I've been digging through my bits boxes to see if there's anything that might work as a proper prow, but right now it works well at RAMMING SPEED.

Your pattern looks great too mate, though you'd certainly floor my fleet. You've certainly put a lot more attention to the fine details on the ships than I have.

Watching this makes me think that letting torpedoes ignore orbital "terrain" would help them be a bit more interesting. After all, they're the only long range guided munitions in the game, and guided munitions are great for things like ignoring line of sight.

>After weeks of sleepless work, Dave's hair is suddenly cut, washed, and combed after the Salute video
What a trooper.

looking good man, I like it.

on another note, if the prefix for UCM navy ships is UCMS, what's the prefix for the PHR?

Any ausfags play this? Dropfleet looks like it'd satisfy my space combat boner but it feels like the only game anyone plays down here is 40k.

Ausfagia is a big place. I'm here, but I'm not going to pop down to Perth for a weekly game.

there's a reliable community in canberra at threed6
but yeah, where's you at, we can't really help you otherwise

The most local a flgs gets for me is Gold Coast/Brisbane sorta area.

Trying to use more BTLs without my SRs getting too high.

--------------------------------------
Cairo - 994pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (241pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
2 x Taipei - 78pts - L

SR11 Line battlegroup (213pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (301pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
1 x Berlin - 105pts - M

SR9 Pathfinder battlegroup (239pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
2 x Jakarta - 64pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

I'd go with GNV.

>3 beams
>only 1 Lima
Get those sweet Peruvian girls in your fleet, user.

Also not sure about Taipeis running with Moscow, they're not really meant to be auxiliary guns on a weapons free ship. Silent running is too important to them. Toulons are perfect for that role though.

Something I noticed about having an Atlantis + Moscow battlegroup- the way Groups work, it gets around some really annoying defense frigate interactions by splitting up two otherwise identical weapons profiles.

I'd shuffle the taipeis with the jakartas, or do what said and drop them for toulons. Also, for srs a second lima is an amazing decision. I'd daresay drop a Jakarta for another lima, to maximize your burnthrough capability.

How about this?

Cairo - 991pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (233pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
2 x Toulon - 70pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (250pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (301pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Berlin - 105pts - M

SR8 Pathfinder battlegroup (207pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

I'm a little worried about my ability to brawl for clusters since only the Moscow and Seattle really want to get stuck in. Could swap the Berlin for a Rio I suppose.

Having issues deciding a naming scheme for my PHR - do I go for historical battles or names of poems/books? Having an Orpheus named The Shadow Over Innsmouth seems almost too perfect to pass up, though after that and a few others I'm struggling.

How many sc/troopships at 2000 pts?

> tfw waiting for the pound to fall like a rock on Wednesday before ordering from Dave.

Is this game actually good?

I wouldn't sweat it too hard. Anybody that wants to get into a brawl mid-board is going to be laser bait. And at under 1k points, most lists are going to be finding brawling to be light on ships unless they really want to sacrifice in other aspects. I'd say you're good, though the berlin vs rio is to taste more than anything.

Hey, if you don't want the Heracles-class PHRS Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came, that's your lookout.

I think so. Andy Chambers called it Battlefield Gothic 2, most of the rules are pretty straightforward and the balance is solid (and constantly getting tweaked). The biggest thing that catches people out is that the game is really about troop landing; brawling it out in space isn't going to win you the game on its own.

Battlefleet* goddammit android

I've been avoiding politics, is Brexit going official already?

Gets started Wednesday. £201 order is currently $250.10.

Need a plan for killing pesky voidgates, though. They've figured out they don't really need to spam them, just unload multiple turns worth of ground assets on a safe cluster and then inter-cluster gate the lot where they need to go in the late game with only a few gates.

lasers + limas is a good way to smoke the mothership, which will ruin the voidgates ability to do much. You could always drop the berlin for a third new cairo, and use the extra points to replace the jakarta with a squadron of corvettes. That'd give you the means to start fishing for voidgates.

>"Ground combat plays too large of a role"
>"Ground combat should only give a max of 1/3 of the total VPs"
>t. Forums

I'd probably go with two ships, one called childe roland, and the other called the dark tower, but I like names I can actually fit on a strat card.

How big of a group can a BB be in anyway?

Technically 2, if you take two of the same kind in the same flag BG.

If your in Syd I can gice you a game bro.

I mean ships.

I guess 2x BB and 4xFR?

Nope; flag BG's have a max of 2 groups, so that's either

2x BBs

OR

1x BB and 4x FR (6x if you take Taipei or Djinn)

Point being there'll probably be an extra line available for text.

I get that some people want to play battlefleet gothic, but I gotta ask if BFG was always just deathmatches.

Im pretty sure most people played it like that, I dont know why they find that fun, straight deathmatch just encourages blobbing and focus fire, and tends to reward spamming one specific ship type. The ground objectives in DFC actually force more combined arms and tactical focus, but that requires more effort and thinking so no one likes it.

It's night shift in /dcg/, and all's well!

I would love to have scenarios where ground combat isn't the only focus. The game completely misses the orbital superiority phase.

have you read the fluff? there is no orbital superiority phase. Two of the factions can jump in system from any direction they want with no possible prior method of detection or warning, and then be on station over a planet in about 10 hours or less after jumping in. That is barely enough time to do anything much less intercept combat is going to take place almost exclusively in orbit.

Has anyone done any homebrews for different settings?
I really like the idea of integrated orbital combat, not many games do it well or at all.

there are several scenarios that focus around capturing stations in orbit around the planet instead of landing troops in cities on the ground, and I think that's close enough for me for the orbital superiority phase.

it's also worth noting that in many parts of the fluff they don't bother necessarily getting space superiority before dropping troops, the phr are renowned for blowing a hole open just long enough to drop their squads and then disappearing, only to do the same thing in reverse when they need a pickup

REMOVE JELLY remove jelly
you are worst scourge. you are the scourge idiot you are the scourge smell. return to space. to our space cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,phr we will never forgeve you. abandnist rascal FUck but fuck asshole scourge stink bosnia sphpere shpere..scourge genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead scourge..ahahahahahPOSTHUMAN WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget vega .shaltari we kill the chief , shaltari return to your precious mongolia….hahahahaha idiot scourge and posthuman smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE JELLY FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. ucm+lizard?+resistance=kill phr…you will vega/ rodriguez alive on earth, rodriguez making counterattack of earth . fast shoot rodriguez earth. we are advanced and have railguns now hahahaha ha because of rodriguez… you are ppoor stink scourge… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

rodriguez alive numbr one #1 in earth ….fuck the hedgehog ,..FUCKk ashol scourge no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and specses. rodrigez aliv and real strong wizard kill all the scurge farm aminal with railgun magic now we the resistece rule .ape of the zoo grand vizeir aurlaia felix fukc the great satan and lay ball this ball hatch and phr wa;s born. stupid baby form the balln give bak our ships we will crush u lik a skull of pig. resistance greattst facton

Another quality post from our baseline brothers.

Its that boy's civic duty to shitpost against the PHR and Scourge son. What have you done for your people today?