/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Blood bond edition

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/gaining-the-princes-favor-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Was any of the characters you played with blood bonded to someone else or blood bonded someone to themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

anonfile.com/o688y6b9b6/CofD_Dark_Eras_Companion.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My Brujah in my last game got a really weak blood bond to one of the Caitiffs in the group, because I got shot in the head(for the third time) and didn't have enough blood left to heal myself out of incap without him giving me a few points.

Rank the Masquerade clans from edgiest to least edgy

So, is the DE Companion as shitty as we expected?

I've been enjoying it, but I don't know if my taste is the same as yours.

Grabs popcorn.

It's got a lot of interesting stuff in it, a lot of minor splats we probably never would have seen in CofD otherwise, but the layout and some of the mechanics are...eh. Also, it suffers from an acute case of 'what edition am I supposed to run this in?' especially all the Mummy sections.

Not the OP but it looks like it's worth taking a look at judging from what you say. Is there anything for Vampire or Demon in that book?

I think Demon get the Soviet Union chapter? I'm not that far yet. I remember seeing one of the chapters in the index marked with a vampire skull but can't remember which.

Tzimisce
Lasombra
Assamite
Gangrel
Followers of Set
Giovanni
Tremere
Brujah
Toreador
Ravnos
Malkavians
Nosferatu
Ventrue

Vampire has rules for the Morbus Bloodline, though they didn't do anything new with it, just reskinned the rules for 2E. Nothing mechanics wise for Demon, but they do get the Russian Revolution setting.

Thanks mate. Demon part sounds interesting

Tzimisce
Lasombra
Assamites
Most Sabbat Antitribus
Gangrel
Followers of Set
Giovanni
Brujah
Tremere
Toreador
Ravnos
Malkavian
Nosferatu
Ventrue
Salubri

Those who read the dark ages companion how good/bad are the sorcerers rules?

Can i ditch proximi and use sorcerer for mage?

>Salubri
Thankfully, they are not a clan.

See for yourself. I didn´t like them, sempai.

>Can i ditch proximi and use sorcerer for mage

Not really. The sorcerer rules are acceptable, but expressly designed for primarily normal humans (i.e., not even lesser templates).

A proximus could better spend his dots on supernal abilities and other supernatural merits.

You can in theory be a Mage and a sorcerer since the only ones who can't be are undead or those who aren't really alive (Sin-Eaters, Prometheans and Demons I think are covered by that?).

Why not both? Why not a Proximus who IS a Sorcerer?

>When looked at with mage sight Anpu registers as an Underworld entity, a Lower Depths entity, and a Supernal entity all at once
>All of these still feel wrong to mages

What the fuck kind of deities did the Shan'iatu worship? I enjoy this mystery here honestly, it is nice to have something big that defies explicit categorization, but the more we learn about the magic of Irem from the mage point of view to couch it in more familiar setting terms than the religious world view of Mummy the more insane it gets.

That being said studying the Arisen is probably a mystery that will keep on giving till you are just flush with Arcane exp

Because i like the flavor of sorcerers that they learned their magic through exploiting magical laws. And i dislike the whole family curse of the proximi

Fair enough.

I could also recommend hijacking the Witch rules from Witch Finders.

Are they 2nd ed compatible?

So why don't you just drop the curse, and keep Proximi similar to the presentation in 1e - supernal spells as merit dot powers (with or without paradox) and access to supernatural merits.

The sorcerer merits really aren't that great, and are certainly not open-ended like Awakened magic or even Requiem's blood magic.

>Hunter: Tooth and Nail
>"Also, we tend to take more nuanced approaches to many monsters. But Beasts feed on terror. Very few of them are worth saving. Vampires can feed from a pig farm if they want to avoid hurting people. Beasts cause trauma. They cause irreparable harm to the fabric of society, and damnation follows in their wake."

>"And the worst part? I've heard they think they're doing us a favor, teaching us. You know who else thought he was doing us and teaching us through abuse? That son of bitch who abused us. He wasn't right, and neither are they. We'll put them down, just as quick as we put him down."

And once again, Lucifuge and the Union are right.

Not explicitly, but hackable.
To be honest, Demon Embeds and Exploits aren't 2e either.

>So why don't you just drop the curse,
Dude, that was a big part in 1e as well. Or do you forget the prophets who literally can't tell people about their visions?

Onyx Path, why are you such a huge faggot?

What? They have no Antediluvian, the Tremere stole it.
By definition they are not a Clan.

What are you talking about? Do you really want three-eyed, soul-sucking monsters around?

>The sorcerer merits really aren't that great, and are certainly not open-ended like Awakened magic or even Requiem's blood magic.

Personally i just want humans who through study and practicing rituals can do a few spells like fireballs or see how someone died.

Biokinesis is way too weak. And blood sorcery from blasphemies lack the cost for theban spells saying it requires "some sacrifice"

Well one explicit effect in the Alexandrian period is an earthquake caused by sorcerers fucking around so I imagine even if there's no explicit rituals for fireballs you can make one and point out that is much lower scale than a canon result of this magic.

You think anyone on /mu/ might know where to find this?

>Best groups confirmed.

All the music can be found as MP3 files somewhere in the data set of Bloodlines

user, that has nothing to do with the video game.

That's something completely separate.

And it's made by Bart Dijkman, not Rik Schaffer.

Are Sin-Eaters comparable to Mages in terms of overall power?

Nothing besides just mummies and demons really are close, but much like mage prep time and what specific arcana builds let you do it is all kind of conditional.

Sin-Eaters are deceptively powerful, and at lower levels they might be roughly comparable to some weak, undeveloped Mages.

However overall?
Mages still hold all the cards.

As mentioned only Demon and Mummy can compare to Mage as a game-line.

Then you got Imperial Mysteires, wherein the Archmasters have no playable equal. They just win at what they do, and what they do Is worldly.

>what they do Is worldly
Arguably what they do is unworldly.
If they get worldly, they break Pax Arcanum.
And every other Archmaster dogpiles their delicate ass.

>Archmasters have no playable equal

Is there really no other splat a person can be to challenge them? What about really old vampires?

>What about really old vampires?
Not a chance.
None of the examples we've seen this far are even close to rivals for top end Mages, let alone Archmages.

Nothing else compares.
You are literally a demigod seeking Ascension.

The weakest of their number cannot fail Clash of Wills, the strongest of their number could break Luna and turn her into their slave.

>answers

Well, I'm glad I asked. Relatively ignorant about all of this. Thanks for the replies. Is there a set date for when Geist 2e is coming out?

>i just want humans who through study and practicing rituals can do a few spells like fireballs

Sorcery will not provide quick, battle-type spells.

It's mostly rules for long rituals that provide bonuses to attributes or skills or generally have minor, albeit supernatural, effects, often for terrible cost.

The rules are only a few pages long. Download the book and read them at your leisure.

Any movie with Brendan Frasier serves the Lie.

>Is there a set date for when Geist 2e is coming out?
No, and since they have to release Changeling 2e, Hunter 2e, and probably Deviant first you shouldn't hold your breath.

>Implying his isn't a supernal truth

Plus come on, The Mummy was clearly made in universe by a mummy cultist somewhere in the studio who was desperate to flow money into the branch of the studio which represented the corporate cult of his master.

He just couldn't have imagined how much Atwan-Menefus hated the real Imhotep's turning Kemet towards the worship of sky-gods and away from the Judges of Death and Azar, right up to his final moment when he snapped his neck. No free publicity for heretics, Mr. Feinstein!

Most edgy:

All of the ones /wodg/ seems to like best.

Well, since Tremere's possessed by Saulot, they still have an Antideluvian of sorts.
A manipulative bastard that's as self-centered as every elder, and who may have had noble goals and quite evil means, but he's still around and rumors are he's controlling his Antitribu so he has more agents in the Sabbat and can calm them on their Tremere purges.

>There’s no system for creating relics, and for a simple reason: If there was, it could be harnessed to find and produce them predictably. Arisen exist across such a vast timescale that even a method that produced just one relic in a generation could be optimized into an industry. There was a way to do it once, but it was lost with the Shan’iatu. Arisen have explored every possible alternative and failed. The best they can do is encourage talented artists, occultists, and craftspeople in the hope that inspiration strikes. The Storyteller decides if it does. That’s the rule. Arisen can create relics by attaining Apotheosis and thus the power to make them themselves, using the old Iremite methods, but of course this is Arisen blasphemy.

>If you’re running Mummy you can devise an event that allows mummies to acquire new relics to order, but this would most likely trigger an apocalyptic endgame. Flush with terrestrial Sekhem, the Judges could do any number of unpleasant things. You’re free to run a world full of howling demons and necromancer kings who scowl over the ruins of cities, or an all-Duat game where the Arisen have been brought “home,” mission accomplished. Let your imagination fill in the details. Point is, outside of Apotheosis only motivated sorcerers (and the occasionally freak occurrence) can create relics.

I'm not sure I agree with this but I honestly kind of want to see these apocalyptic endgames as setting writeups in mummy 2e like how most games have a few example cities. I mean what the fuck would mummies even do if they finally finished the job? Just hang around in Duat serving the half-dead Shan'iatu who trapped themselves there like idiots with the Rite?

>apocalyptic endgame

While mummies aren't a tier 4 supernatural, I don't think the various gods and archmages of the Pax would allow the world to sink into ruin.

Tzimisce
Giovanni
Lasombra
Antitribus
Followers of Set
Cappadocian
Assamite
Tremere
Brujah
Ravnos
Toreador
Gangrel
Malkavian
Nosferatu
Venture
Salubri

>no imagination
stop sucking mage dick already

Judges don't give a shit, and sekhem and mana have a weird relationship now. They might honestly be sekhem archmage equivalents and a giant pool of it lets them wave their magic dicks around like an archmage with quintessence. There's no rules on them and apparently Anpu is pretty much unclassifiable to Awakened sensibilities and I don't think he and the Judges are that different as entities.

That being said, archmages also might just fuck off to a reality where the Arisen never get a relic industry going. Same result, less effort for them! The God-Machine won't be happy though, since I don't think it can bail like that.

The Pax binds and influences more than just archmages.

Archmages literally have the capability of erasing the Judges en masse. If the Judges do something, the Seekers are going to finish it. Knowing mages in general, they will always have the last say in matters like these.

>The Taurans are known for violent sexual rites, performed to drive both aggressor and victim into a state of terrorized euphoria. Performed in dark caverns, and observed by members of the cult who chant to Ta-Retinhu or Geb, the participants are said to be attuned to the movements of the earth. Possessing a matriarchal structure, the eldest female Taurans make all decisions of importance for their fellows. Young sorcerers— both male and female— are treated as chattel by older cultists until they visit aggression on sorcerers even younger than they. This cycle of abuse has led to the cult being appraised as sadistic by moral Arisen, who attempt to instill a sense of virtue among the sorcerers. During a mummy’s brief time awake, such lessons are difficult to ingrain in an already longstanding culture.

Dark.

The 42 Judges of Duat against the "no more than a hundred" Archmasters, and the infinite amount of Ascended beings and their infinite amount of Ochemata? These beings define reality for everyone minus a select few things.

Yeah, they better give a flying shit. The Supernal is endless. Not to mention the gods of the other lines, Such as the God-Machine who actively prevents the apocalypse, and Gaia who is the actual planet.

What even are the Judges? I figure that the Death arcanum at a high enough level would let someone affect them but they're not really spirits or ghosts or anything in a traditional sense.

>The Supernal is endless.
Or is there even a Supernal? I bet this is Greek propaganda

But yes lots of other shit out there plus cheating archmage powers.

Prove it.

We have no *rules* for the judges; as written, they do what the ST wants them to - unlike Archmasters who very much have their own rules.

That's the same argument Masquerade fags use when discussing their beloved Antediluvians. It just isn't good substance for an argument.

Archmastery is explicitly capable of doing anything, with Transfiguration 9 granting limited Omnipotence in its respective Arcanum for a time.

Adding to this, the Judges wouldn't even be rank 8/9 entities, such as Luna, Sol and Gaia.

>Adding to this, the Judges wouldn't even be rank 8/9 entities, such as Luna, Sol and Gaia.

Are we sure about that actually? In Dreams of Avarice we get probably as close to the real origin of the gods of Irem as there is (and maybe a possible genesis for the world?) and they're honestly more of a deal than I even thought after reading Mummy which basically is the Judges of Duat's Wild Ride.

They're above even actual gods, which are 'who the fuck knows' entities given how Anpu reads as Supernal, Underworld, and Lower Depth at once.

But like most things, archmastery 9 will win once you figure out the right arcanum. And Death probably works on all of the Judges of Death.

And pray tell, why would they not be that oh user-kun of wisdom?

>They're above even actual gods

You are legit retarded for typing that.

I guess every Supernal Being Is above every god above every god then? Because those living symbols technically define everything in Mummy?

Anpu is Anubis, the Egyptian god of the dead and psychopomp of the souls. He is an actual god, who exists in the CofD and anyone who gets stuck in Neter-Khertet can meet him. Azar is actually there in Duat on his throne.

The Judges are older gods still. Or whatever the fuck they count as. Are you arguing the definition of god in this case?

No, they define everything in Mage; crossover is not explicit and entirely up to the ST; it is a typic tendency of Mages to assume that everything works as they assume it do, which is of course, the game working as intended.

But like it or not, crossover is grey territory which we know exceedingly little about; now if only there was some sort of book coming out on this subject - some kind of... crossover chronicle...

>Are we sure about that actually?

Yes. Yes we are sure about that. No one has ever met a rank 9 entity, and if she exists, Gaia would be one. This is legit lore you are disregarding.

Well by the Diamond cosmology they define everything in every game.

That's not how it works. Just look at the God-Machine. The symbols of the Supernal define everything he does, and he is far more of a god than the Judges.

I didn't actually know that, I thought Luna was a rank 9 one from the context of your comment. Is this coming from Werewolf or Mage? I'm not disputing but legit don't know what book the ultra high ranking spirit shit comes out of.

There's more than one god of the dead in the Chonicles of Fagness, faggot.

For fuck sakes, read Imperial Mysteries. You're discussing the definitions of divinity with present magefags. You're going to get steamrolled with citations if you don't shut the fuck up.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of proof, user-kun.

Imperial Mysteries.
Countries and so forth are Rank 6
Oceans are Rank 7
Luna, Heliod and any of their Kin are Rank 8
Gaia, if she exists would be Rank 9
The Universe itself would be Rank 10

Yes, I just named two of them. Plus whatever is in Geist, I assume there's a few there.

Dark Mother get out

Uh oh. You shouldn't have typed that. Magefags specialize in proof.

It seems weird to jump from the spirit of a planet to the spirit of a universe. Like a huge quadratic jump that doesn't seem borne out in the scale before that

The spirit hierarchy is more based on meaning than size or weight. If that were the case, Sol should be stronger than Gaia, and Luna should be so much weaker than she actually is.

Gandalf called He says you guys need to stop sucking his dick, and rimming his asshole in public. it's getting weird

What the fuck does this even mean? The God-Machine is the inevitable result of the Exarchs existing at all?

As Above, So Below

A cosmic oppression must also have a physical form.

Magefags educating the unenlightened like usual.

Oh, okay, the signal analogy makes it make sense to me. Which it should have anyway given how 2e clearly calls out the supernal realms as not places but signals of a sort.

Dave has had to explain the idea of supernal symbols as not being literal realms in space one too many times hasn't he?

It's pretty simple.
God-Machine creates output by moving building blocks into positions, relying the special hidden meaning of things.

Exarchs, being the rulers/part of the background-tapestry of the universe, are what define the special hidden meaning of those things.

>hurdur

Is Hunter popular at all? I really want to run a game, but fuck if I know if I can find non-autistic players.

It's more annoying when idiots question the cosmology of Awakening. This is one of the focal points for magefaggotry.

The Free Council might argue that flows backwards, but what do they know? They don't even believe in Atlantis.

It is reasonably so but good luck on getting a bunch of people without a few autists.

You lying asshole. Archmasters can't do shit against Caine less they feel the wrath of the seven fold curse

Not this again.

We've already been through this.

Caine is an oWoD character, we're discussing CofD, you bloody retard. Or are you just a shitter? In which case, edit Caine into a frog.